TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

The Yo-yo Of Apology, Tag: Jessie Meadows | The Great Hall
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 27 2016, 03:01 PM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Slutty and Highly Distractible
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
"Hey, hey, hey, hey! Wanna hang out?"
I discovered the outdoors and never went back in.
Special Ability: Sheer Adorableness
Liz

@StressedPeach

Mid-December, 2035 - A Few Days After The Awkwardness

OK, so, he'd thought this through. He didn't really want to do this possibly-disastrous conversation in public, but after careful consideration, he'd realized that Jessie might not be too welcoming if he approached her in private. Given the whole ... propositioning her ... thing. And the way she'd reacted to that. He didn't wanna come off as any more of a creeper than he already had.

Man, how bizarre was that? To the best of his knowledge, Marc had never creeped someone out that way. This year was just ridiculous. Everything kept changing. It was like his voice had finally stopped cracking and he'd just become one big lump of overstimulated hormones.

All right, though. It was OK. He could stop focusing on the problem and focus instead on the solution. He'd gone to Zonko's and gotten two more of those awesome yo-yos, and one was for Jessie. Surely, now that a few days had passed, he'd be able to give her the yo-yo and just get away with never talking about the excruciatingly awkward thing? And then, if she ever had another moment of weakness and came onto him, he would steadfastly refuse.

... Yeah. He would totally do that. Totally ...

He took a deep, steadying breath as he stood in the doorway to the Great Hall and scanned the Hufflepuff table for his friend. There she was. OK. And there was an empty space next to her. All right. He was just gonna act totally normal and they were gonna go back to regular friendship. OK. Good. That was the plan.

"Hey!" he said, smiling as he sat down next to Jessie. He immediately offered the yo-yo as some sort of distraction from her anger at him. "Check this out! It's super fun. It makes the shape of whatever you tell it to."

--------------------
Marc | Hufflepuff | 5th-year
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Jessie Meadows
 Posted: Jul 27 2016, 09:06 PM
Jessie Meadows
Hufflepuff
Single and looking.
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
You move on when your heart understands that there is no turning back.
N/A
No Special Ability
Jess

Jessie's head hurt.The amount of chatter in the Great Hall did not help. Why did her life suddenly feel like it was being written by a soap-opera screenwriter? Letting out an exasperated sigh, she laid her head down on the long, badger loaded dining table. Boys were dumb. Matthew was dumb. Marc was definitely dumb. Sometimes the 'puff just wanted to become celibate, along with giving up on any romantic goals. But no, boys had cute faces, and muscled bodies.

She jumped, lifting her head up in the process. Her painful scowl was hastily replaced with an annoyed one. "What do yo-... A yo-yo?!" Her face took on an expression of bafflement. "Marc, this doesn't fix everything," she groaned, hesitantly reaching out to take it from his grasp.

Maybe she was overreacting, but her feelings were still hurt. She had never slept with anyone, and Marc knew that. A lot of times, Jessie felt like people didn't have any real respect for her. No one takes the bubbly girl seriously. So when Marc suggested that the have a quickie, it hit her hard.

And yet, here he was, being as sincere as possible for him. Jessie sighed, so that her exasperation was obvious. It was hard for Marc to be serious, and this was as close as she would get to an apology. He meant well, and she knew that.

"Listen. I understand that I shouldn't have kissed you. But you know me. I don't sleep around. It's not even an option for me. So it hurt, you know? Especially coming from you." Her rant was as blunt as possible, in order to make sure he understood where she was coming from. Her hands fiddled with the yo-yo, as Jessie waited for his reaction.

--------------------
Jessie Meadows ( App -- Plotter -- Tracker )
PMEmail
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 29 2016, 02:55 AM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

... Well. Maybe he'd been a little too optimistic. Apparently there would be some talking required. Shit. OK, he could do this.

"It's a pretty awesome yo-yo, though," Marc pointed out. "Here, watch this." Then he grabbed it back, tossed it out into the aisle between the tables, and whispered what he wanted it to do. The yo-yo suspended itself out at the farthest point on its string, and then the string itself curled and wove to form the word SORRY. After about seven seconds, it straightened itself out and the yo-yo zoomed back into Marc's hand. He offered it back to Jessie with an overly solemn little bow-type gesture.

... Oh. That explanation. Um ... no, he didn't know. About the hurting part. Because he was a slutbag and totally OK with it. Proud of it, even. So the concept that he'd hurt her feelings by making the suggestion? Well ... he certainly hadn't foreseen it. But now he could sorta vaguely get it. And it sucked to have hurt his friend's feelings.

He glanced around, lowering his voice a bit because he really didn't want their classmates listening in on this. He ran a hand nervously through his hair. "Look, I know you don't. And at the same time, like ... I didn't think of it as being a bad thing. I didn't know it would come off that way. I don't ... think anything bad about you." Merlin, he hoped that made some sort of sense, because he was having a lot of trouble explaining his point of view on the whole thing.

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Jessie Meadows
 Posted: Jul 29 2016, 04:07 AM
Jessie Meadows
Hufflepuff
Single and looking.
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
No Special Ability
Jess

Her heart clenched as the yo-yo changed shape. What an adorable idiot.

As he explained himself, a lump grew in her throat, but she also grew mad. Almost as quickly as it came, however, the anger dissipated in a matter of seconds. Jessie shouldn't have snapped at him like that. Marc didn't know any better, whereas she should have. He was whimsical, comfortable living and loving. Jessie thought too hard about things that shouldn't need it. She envied his confidence and carelessness. Oh man, she was not about to cry in front of him.

"Marc," she sniffled, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't have treated you like that. I'm just a bit stressed, and well, I've been pretty lonely. Oh Merlin, look at me, I'm a mess," she said. Holding her left finger under her left eye, as if it would stop the waterworks. She let out a choked laugh, "Ugh, whatever. Apology accepted."She sniffed, while giving him a playful look with her watery eyes, "Can we at least hug, and promise not to ever mention this whole situation again? Also, you aren't allowed to tell anyone that I cried over this. It'll ruin my reputation as a badass."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 29 2016, 06:18 AM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

Marc finally worked up the guts to watch Jessie's face, trying his best to figure out what the little passing expressions meant. Man, a lot of stuff would be so much easier if he could just figure out what people were feeling! How were so many other people so good at it? His mum, for instance. She could always tell how people were feeling and then she'd adjust her own behavior to go along well with what she'd figured out. Marc, on the other hand ... well, even when he tried, other people were pretty much opaque to him. He just didn't get it.

Like, he could see her getting teary, and all he could do was hope that they weren't angry I'm-about-to-yell-at-you tears. Fortunately, that didn't seem to be the case.

He shook his head fervently. "Nah, come on. It was totally my fault. I'm a dumbass." If there was anything Marc knew for sure, it was that he was a dumbass. She suggested a hug, so he wrapped an arm around his friend's shoulder to give her a squeeze. Hugs were the best. They always helped fix things. "I support the idea of moving onward and leaving this behind us. And you know I would never do anything to mess up your reputation." He gave a little grin with that last bit.

Well, now it was time to follow through on the moving on, so Marc asked the first question that popped into his head: "So, you're going to Camille's house for Christmas break, right? You excited?" Excellent. Moving forward with the same friendship they had before this awkward little interlude.

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Jessie Meadows
 Posted: Aug 9 2016, 10:08 PM
Jessie Meadows
Hufflepuff
Single and looking.
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
No Special Ability
Jess

All of her sorrow and angst dripped away, as his arm wrapped her up in a transient hug. At the mention of Camille, her heart felt even lighter. Jessie beamed up at her, happy to be off of the malaise topic. "Yes! I'm just worried that she feels like she has to go all out for Christmas, or that she has to spend galleons on presents. Honestly, just being there is enough for me. I don't need all that. I'm happy enough having a place to call home, and actually meaning it."

Her rant fell nothing short of honest. Her guilty conscience egged her to tell Cami that there was no need to go all out. That being said, Jessie's greedy side didn't want to say anything. It had been years since she had woken up to joyful laughs and numerous presents on Christmas Day. Was it wrong to want that, after all that Cami had done for her? The badger shook her head, clearing the thoughts.

"What about you, mister? Any big plans for the holidays? Maybe someone special to kiss under the mistletoe this year?" Her tease was accompanied by a playful nudge to the ribs. "I hope it's the hottie from earlier."

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Sep 11 2016, 04:45 PM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

Yes! It worked! They were off the awkward topic! OK, everything was gonna be fine. She wouldn't hold it against him. It wasn't really his fault that he was super horny, right? He was a fifteen-year-old guy. It happened. It was normal.

Man, he still had a lot of reflection to do about this whole thing, though. He still didn't totally understand what the problem had been in the first place. Maybe he should ask Honora. Maybe she could explain it to him.

It was a little heartbreaking, the idea of not having a place to call home. Maybe Marc didn't have a dad, but at least he'd always had his mum and their flat. He shrugged. "Hey, even if you tell her not to do that stuff, she'll probably do it anyway. Like, she's probably just as excited to have you there as you are. You know?"

He grinned and blushed slightly when Jessie mentioned Jack. Especially combined with the elbow nudge. It just made it feel like this cool little secret. He kinda shrugged again. "Yeah, I mean ... we kinda made up. And made out. Which was awesome, because ... he's the first dude I've ever kissed. And kissing a dude turns out to be fucking amazing! I mean ... different from kissing girls. I dunno. I should shut up." Now he was just babbling about kissing guys, which maybe wasn't the best thing to do in this situation?

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE