TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

A Great Way To Die, Abandon Dungeons|One shot
Ariadne O'Rieley
 Posted: Nov 25 2016, 08:14 PM
Ariadne O'Rieley
Slytherin
N/A
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
"I don't know who I am anymore."
no special ability
Jo

In the days that followed after Matthew and Ari split, Ari had a lot of time to calm down and think about her life choices. And so far, she hadn't found a single one she was found of. A month after the break up, Ari had been talking with Ollie to find out how Matthew really was, which was actually kind of a dead end because Matthew seemed to cut off ties with Ollie as well, and she couldn't exactly track Matthew down because he was avoiding her like the plague. But because of this, she found an unlikely alli in Ollie. And odly enough, even though Matthew and Ollie were 100% different, she found that she had more in common with Ollie than she did Matthew. It kind of sucked that Ollie wasn't at Hogwarts anymore, because even in the comfort of his letters, she felt more alone than ever. Ari spent her days locked away in her dorm when she wasn't going to class. She found that her grades went up because she was so bored she didn't have anything better to do. And what hurt the most in this time, nobody came looking for her. She guessed that Matthew told everyone what a terrible person she was and they all believed him and took his side. But that was fine. At least she had Ollie. Most days she wouldn't leave the window because she was so excited to see Ollie's next reply.
<p>
In her last letter, she had asked him ways to possibly get him back, because honestly, this was just ridiculous. She was a delightful person to be with. And sure she had gotten carried away with her awesomeness, but didn't a lot of people? She had gone as far as trying to gain his attention by dying her hair black, and even that didn't work. Finally the familiar brown barn owl came swooping down to her window. She gave the owl a treat and sent it back on its way. She eagerly opened the letter and jumped up and down at the idea. Fire. Why didn't she think about this before?! She could practice his favorite fire trick to win him back! She knew he liked to write in the air a lot... so what if she wrote "I'm Sorry" in fire, and played his favorite song? She could change for him. She loved him after all. She would vow to make herself a better person. A person that people could stand to be around. She smiled. If this didn't work, she didn't know what would. Filled with excitement, Ari wanted to go practice right then and there. It was perfect timing because it was the weekend and everyone was in Hogesmeade, so nobody would be around to see her fail a million times. She needed to know the spell. And she sure as hell wasnt going to ask Matthew for it. So she went to the second best source she knew. His dorm. Thankful that he was gone, and nobody else was in there, she looked around. Flashbacks of the drunken night he took care of her flashed through her mind and she started to cry. It was the night that she knew he was the one, and she had let him slip through her fingers.
<p>
With tears rolling down her face, she wiped her eyes and snipped through his stuff. And finally, she found it. An entire list of spells. She tried to put everything back where she had found it as to not raise suspicion that somebody had been in there. She grabbed the list and ran out to her dorm. She looked at the list. Man he had terrible handwriting. Even when they weren't together he still managed to make things difficult on her. She realized how incredibly wrong this could go. One word wrong could result in something catastrophic. She went down to one of the abandoned dungeons to try and practice figuring that would be the safest place to go. And first to figure out which spell did what. That was the scary part. Not knowing could lead to certain death. So she figured she should probably write Matthew a letter and send it off in case something were to go wrong. And if it didn't, well, she would just look like an idiot. She sat on the floor and began to write a letter:
<p>
Dear Matthew,
<p>
I'm writing this to you today in case something goes terribly wrong. I wanted to confess that I went into you're room and stole your list of fire spells. Ollie told me that a way to get you back would be to practice something you love. Fire. My plan was to write "I'm sorry" in the air, but I guess if you are getting this, then something went horribly wrong. And the truth is, I really am sorry. In my weeks of solitude, I've learned that it was me who was at fault. I admit that I didn't work as hard to try and make you happy. It was more about me than it was about us. And for that, we were probably doomed from the start. I hope that if you get this before I try this fire shit that you accept my apology and we can talk. I'll be in one of the abandoned dungeons. And if it's too soon to get back together, I really hope that I can get my best friend back. Because I miss you. And if not, well, I tried.
<p>
All my Love,
<p>
Ariadne
<p>
<p>
Ari went and found her owl and sent off the letter hoping that Matthew wouldn't ignore it, then went back to the list. Knowing Matthew, he would put the easy stuff first and work his way down. So she started with the first spell. She said the incantation and a flame appeared at the end of her wand. Okay.. easy. Maybe her assumption was correct. Since she mastered that one she went right down to the next one. This one shot little sparks from her wand. She held it in surprise and started to wave it around. She found that she could write words in the air with it. She smiled getting it. She tried to put it out, but found she couldn't. She panicked. Was there a spell that put it out? She found as she tried to wave it about the flame in her wand kept getting bigger and bigger. Her heart pounding she threw her wand at the wall but that didn't help either. She tried to run towards the dungeon exit, but found that the door had jammed shut. This wasn't happening. She could scream, but the smoke was getting so intense that it was making her throat dry. She sank down to the floor against the door. Was this it? Was this how she was going to go? She started to silently cry as she watched the flames go out of control from her wand.
<p>
She then realized how ironic it was. She was going to die in the hands of something that was supposed to pull her and Matthew back together whether it be as friends, or more than friends. She put her head in between her legs and let the fire engulf her body. The heat hurting as much as her broken heart that would forever be for the boy she loved. Matthew Bennett. And as she breathed her last breath, his face was the last thing etched in her mind. And oh it was a great way to die.
<p>
Somehow, Ari couldn't let herself go like that. No matter how hard she tried to close her eyes and let herself fade away to nothing but ashes, she couldn't. As she banged on the closed door she felt it slide open. The fates where with her today. Today she was not meant to die. As she breathed in the fresh dungeon air she laid down on her back. She then fell in a peaceful sleep knowing that she would be able to open her eyes tomorrow.
PM
^
Matthew Bennett
 Posted: Dec 16 2016, 11:44 PM
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin
In a Relationship with Ariadne O'Rieley
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
No Special Ability
Jett

what matters most
is how well you walk through the fire
Matthew was leaning against his bed, a piece of creased parchment held loosely in his hand. His eyes skimmed the words for a second time, his brow furrowed in confusion. He couldn’t quite sort out whether or not he should take the cryptic wording of the note seriously. After all, Ari was pretty over dramatic. She was probably just trying to cause a scene, make him feel sorry for her. The sort of thing that she always did. Still… if you are getting this, then something went horribly wrong. Matthew sighed, tossing the note on his bed and turning to his bedside dresser. He opened the second drawer down, fishing through his papers for his list of spells that Ari surely didn’t actually take. He frowned when he didn’t find the one he was looking for. Pulling all of the papers out, he shuffled through them again. At the realization that his list of advanced spells was actually gone, he made a frustrated noise in his throat. Grabbing his wand, Matthew turned and hurried out of his dormitory.

Better safe than sorry.

An abandoned dungeon. He almost snorted. Could she pick a more secluded place? At least the common room was in the dungeons. He walked briskly, not entirely sure which direction she would’ve gone in. He chided himself as he wound around a turn. You’re playing right into her game. Yeah, probably. But Matthew also couldn’t be that person who didn’t act, only to find out he should’ve. After all, the boy who cried wolf told the truth eventually. And then he was eaten alive. Yes, he’d broken up with Ari, but that didn’t mean he wanted her to get hurt. He wasn’t even sure that he wanted to be apart from her. But he pushed that thought from his mind. He just had to find her, and make sure she was fine, and then tell her not to pull this sort of thing. And then, he smelled the smoke.

For a moment, Matthew actually slid to a halt, freezing in his tracks. And then, coming to his senses, he took off at a run. ”Damn it, Ari…” His heart rose into his throat as he stepped into a thickening cloud, panic creeping through his chest. Smoke. Too much smoke. Coming from the door just ahead to his left. ”Ari!!!” he shouted. Taking a deep breath of air while he could, Matthew dove into the thick of the cloud, his hand running along the wall to feel for the door. Eventually, his fingers found the change in texture, and his hand slid to the handle. He could feel the pounding through the wood from the other side. “ARIi!”He fumbled with the handle in his panic before he finally managed to open the door.

He coughed violently as a whole new density of smoke poured from inside, and actually lifted a hand to shield his face from the heat. The smoke was nothing compared to the fire, which was everywhere. When he finally spotted Ari’s hair amidst all of it, he had to stare for a second to be sure it wasn’t a flame. Pulling out his wand, he aimed it at the fire closest to her, repressing it enough that he could get to her. There wasn’t any time to snuff it out altogether - she’d let it get too out of control, and she’d die from the smoke if he didn’t get her out first. Wand in one hand, he looped his free arm around her chest and heaved her backward with him. He coughed again, feeling dizzy from the smoke. He wondered if he was even going in the right direction - it was hard to see. But after a moment, the air seemed to lighten, and finally he’d found his way into the corridor. Gasping for breath, he pulled her even further away, finally letting her sink to the ground amidst the fresh air. He followed her down, his heart still pounding as he lowered his head to listen to hers. She wasn’t waking up. His fingers searched for a pulse. And - there it was. Matthew was pretty sure he’d never felt such a wave of relief ever in his life. ”Thank Merlin,” he muttered.

She’d be alright for just one minute. She was alive. Now he had to put out the fire or she’d be expelled. The smoke was quickly polluting the hallway. Matthew rushed back through to the room where the fire was still raging out of control. Raising his wand, he shrunk it a little at a time until - finally - he was able to snuff it out completely. The smoke - well, there wasn’t much he could do about that. It would dissipate on it’s own now. He didn’t have time for it. He was already running back to Ari. He knelt down next to her the second he reached her, wincing at the pink tinge that her skin had gained from the fire. ”Come on, Ari, wake up.”

@Jo Number One, 800 words, Sometime?
PM
^
Ariadne O'Rieley
 Posted: Dec 20 2016, 04:26 PM
Ariadne O'Rieley
Slytherin
N/A
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
"I don't know who I am anymore."
no special ability
Jo

Her eyes fluttered. She's could see a golden glow surrounding her. Was she dead?! Had the world finally had enough of her like Matthew had? Maybe that was how the world worked. Her and Matthew weren't together anymore so their really was no purpose for her. And suddenly, she felt pain. Wasn't the afterlife supposed to be painless? She was in hell wasnt she? She grimaced at the thought of it. Dying in fire, and her soul living for all eternity in it. It sucked. But it was where she was. She had to be brave and open her eyes and face her new reality. It was her new life. She was dead. This was her world now. And suddenly it wasn't. There was a voice calling her name. A very familiar voice. A voice she had once loved. A voice that had once loved her. She ran her hand through her now black hair, and finally opened her eyes. Her entire body in pain. She groaned remembering what happened. She tried to lift her head up but couldn't. It was too much. She tried to speak, but her throats felt dry and raspy, so she couldn't talk.... couldn't move. Maybe it was a special kind of hell. A hell for people like her.
<p>
She tried moving again, but instead coughed. Fire was supposed to be a good thing. He had made it seem so easy. That she could learn a trick or two and be fine. But no. It had taken all of 30 minutes for her to almost kill herself. Literally. A few seconds later and she would probably be dead. Tears where now sliding down her face once the reality of the situation caught up to her. She didn't know what to do or think. So all of her emotions just bottled up and came flowing down at once. She hadn't cried since the day they had their big fight. She finally had the strength to sit up. She looked at her hands and arms and found nothing but a layer of ash. How powerful had that spell been? And then she remembered that Matthew was there with her. That was how she got out... she looked down, tears still going down her face. She didn't know how to react. Should she hug him, try to explain? So she just waited for him to say something.
<p>
It was all she could think of to do. Without him, she would be dead.
<p>
She finally whispered, "I'm sorry... I'm sorry for everything. I'm sorry for just thinking of myself in our relationship. I'm sorry for never asking about how you felt about things. I'm sorry I didn't fight for you when things went down hill. I'm sorry for never asking if you where okay. I'm sorry for breaking into your dorm and stealing your spells. I'm sorry for almost killings both of us. I'm sorry for dying my hair black."
<p>
After her rant, all she could do was stare. Stare at what, she didn't know. Staring at him was scary. Which was funny because before he was the easiest thing in the world to stare at. She would do anything to do that again. Anything to go back to where they once where. Anything for him to be her best friend once again. Because without him, life was like that dungeon filled with black ash. Empty, alone, and scary.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE