TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

On My Own
Lilianne Heart
 Posted: Jun 6 2016, 08:39 PM
Lilianne Heart
Gryffindor
Single and ready to mingle
Muggle
17 YEARS OLD
You think you know what you're looking for, until what you are looking for finds you
Awkward, clumsy, and everything in between, but a heart of gold, and a mind so pure and a brave soul
no special ability
Jo

On the train, Lilianne was nervous. No not nervous. Scared. Here she was in a whole new world were nothing was similar. Everything was different. Why did she want to go? Why did she do this? Oh yeah, she was stubborn. She always felt different from her family, and she felt that this was a chance to see if she fit in somewhere else. The magical community. So she had gone to Hogwarts. She was accepted as one of the two seventh years to attend and for that she couldn't be more grateful. Yeah, she loved her family, but sometimes they were a little too much. Her mother pressuring her to do what her mother wants her to be and not what Lilianne wants to be. Apparently being a doctor was the right choice, so that's why all her life, Lilanne was the top of her class, and worked her ass off. But as she got older, she realized that she wanted to do more than be a doctor, and that didn't sit well with her family.

So to prove her point, off she went. And it wasn't as easy as she thought. In a place that was supposed to make her feel more accepting, she never felt more alone all her life. There was only one other seventh year transfer and he was a boy. And well... Boys were boys. Boys where gross. She always found herself in the library, and everyone joked that the sorting hat should've put her in Ravenclaw, because apparently that's were the ravenclaws hung out. And so she was out casted by the Gryffindors from that as well. She sat alone in the library all day doing her assignments, and reading random books. After all, it was a magical library so there were more topics other than the ones at the muggle library. She sat near the door so she could people watch which was always fun to her. At that moment, she was observing a boy with a red headed girlfriend who had reached up to kiss him goodbye and off she went, and he came in.

Lilianne never understood love, or why all of the sudden finding somebody and having children was the most important thing in the world. She was perfectly fine being by herself. She could take care of herself and didn't need somebody to do it for her. That was another thing her mum and her didn't agree about. Lilianne always through out the "you have a lot more kids, you can have plenty of grand kids" card, and always got the evil eye. Lilianne shook her head at the memory. She had only been at this new school for a couple of days, and not once had she received a letter from her family members. But that was okay. She could be on her own. And that was fine with her.

" There She Goes, There She Goes Again."
@Matthew Bennett | WORDS | NOTES
PM
^
Matthew Bennett
 Posted: Jun 8 2016, 09:37 PM
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin
In a Relationship with Ariadne O'Rieley
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
No Special Ability
Jett

what matters most
is how well you walk through the fire
The library wasn’t Matthew’s favorite place in the world. But he also wasn’t one of those people who avoided it like the plague. When he needed to study, it was generally the best place to be - mostly because of how convenient it was to have all those books there in one place. Normally, Ari would join him and they’d study together, but she’d wound up in a separate group for their defence project and was meeting with them. A bit of a shit group, actually, that she wasn’t that happy about. Still, Matthew had a potions exam coming up, so he couldn’t skip studying - not this time. Even as tempting as hanging with Duncan in the common room was. Ari accompanied him as far as the library, as it was on her way. ”Hang in there,” he told her with a grin, leaning down to kiss her before darting inside.

Right, he needed a few books. They were studying the wolfsbane potion - though, Matthew wasn’t sure why, as it was literally the most un-useful potion ever. Yeah, sure, it was useful if you were a werewolf. Which ninety nine percent of people weren’t. So far, he hadn’t even come close to brewing it correctly in class, and he felt like it was a huge waste when they could be learning cooler potions like essence of insanity. Ollie had gotten to learn about that one in his sixth year, though they were never allowed to actually test it. Apparently, the effects were a bit eccentric and it wasn’t legal to administer the potion to students, even when they were under supervision. After gathering the books he needed, Matthew took a moment to look around and see who was there studying. Maybe he’d see someone he knew that he could sit with. Duncan was in the common room, and it was unlikely that Astrid would be found in the library - unlikely, but not impossible. But no, it didn’t look like she was there.

But Matthew couldn’t help his attention from turning to a pretty girl with brown hair that looked to be about his age. The strange thing about her was that she hadn’t caught his attention because he knew her. She’d caught his attention because he’d never seen her before in his life. And being that she was his age, the fact that he didn’t recognize her could only mean one thing - she must be one of the new muggle students! She was sitting by herself, which Matthew assumed meant she hadn’t made any friends yet, so without hesitating he crossed the room in her direction. ”Hi!” he said as he reached her, giving her a smile. He slid into a chair across from her. ”You’re one of the new muggle students, right? We haven’t met. I’m Matthew! You don’t mind, do you?” Though he still had mixed feelings about the statute, he had nothing against the muggles that had come to Hogwarts. It wasn’t their fault. And honestly, he’d been a little excited to meet some of them! He let the armful of potions books he’d brought with him fall onto the empty side of the table. ”How do you like Hogwarts?” he asked. His eyes couldn’t help but wander to what she was reading. What did muggles even study. ”Sorry. I won’t bother you. I can stay quiet, if you’re busy studying something.”

PM
^
Lilianne Heart
 Posted: Jun 8 2016, 11:22 PM
Lilianne Heart
Gryffindor
Muggle
17 YEARS OLD
You think you know what you're looking for, until what you are looking for finds you
Awkward, clumsy, and everything in between, but a heart of gold, and a mind so pure and a brave soul
no special ability
Jo

She didn't understand this potions stuff, and she was really struggling with it. She sighed as she ran her hands threw her hair. All of this was new to her. She didn't know what half of these ingredients where because they only existed in the wizarding world, and somehow she was supposed to memorize what everything was, and create a potion in the right way or else it would mess up. It was confusing and she didn't like it. She wished she could ask for help, because her tutor was useless and didn't explain things in a way that Lilianne could understand. She had actually told her tutor that she didn't need the help, and told her to leave. She was just making matters worse. She sighed and ran her hand through her hair again. There was no way she could do this. She began to regret even coming. Maybe this was a huge mistake.

While Lilianne was regretting her life decisions, a boy her age, or a year lower had come and sit down next to her. She looked up surprised. Nobody had even tried to talk to her. Not that she didn't blame anyone. She was a strange person in their world, trying to be apart of it. She smiled at the young man and nodded when he referred to her as one of the muggle students. At that moment, she didn't feel proud to be "one of the muggle students". She felt like she was letting everyone down. Failing their little experiment or whatever it was. He introduced himself as Matthew. That was a normal name for a boy. She smiled and said, "I'm Lilianne. Nice to meet you." She nodded telling him he could sit. After all,if she could make a friend, it might as well be him. She didn't see a line of people standing waiting to meet her.

Lilanne wasn't one for talking to strangers, but unfortunately that was one of the key aspects to making friends. She said, "The castle is amazing. I've never seen anything so beautiful. And no, I could actually use a break. I don't like this potions class. I told my tutor to leave because she was being a pain in the ass, and not helping at all." This kid had been at Hogwarts his entire life. Maybe he knew about potions and what not and maybe he could be useful. She then thought to just ask him. She asked, "Maybe you could help? It's this... Ver... Veritas...Veritaserum? Is that right? I can't even pronounce half of these..."She leaned back in her chair. If she couldn't even pronounce them, then she was screwed.

PM
^
Matthew Bennett
 Posted: Jun 12 2016, 07:54 PM
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
No Special Ability
Jett

what matters most
When the girl nodded to confirm she was indeed a muggle, Matthew’s grin broadened. ”You’re the first one I’ve met!” he informed her, as though she were a species instead of a human being. ”Not in life obviously, just here at Hogwarts.” he added quickly. Obviously, he interacted with Muggles all the time. “Lilianne,” Matthew repeated, drawing out the syllables in the same way the girl did so he’d be sure to remember to say it that way in the future. “So do you go by Lily, or Anne?” he asked curiously. ”Or do you use the whole thing?” It definitely seemed like the type of name you’d split up. But then again, Matthew was the type of name that you shortened, and nobody called him Matt. Ollie did call him Matty, but that was it. So it wasn’t that strange, if she liked to be called her full name.

Matthew nodded enthusiastically when she mentioned the castle. ”It’s unreal, isn’t it?. It has to be really cool to all of you, if you’ve never been somewhere like this before.” By somewhere like this, he meant somewhere so full of magic that it would basically cease to exist without it. Matthew momentarily wondered how Lilianne had reacted when she’d found out about magic to begin with - he wondered how all of them did. Most people probably thought it was a joke at first. He was sure plenty of them were still in denial - would be until they saw it with their own eyes. But for now he didn’t ask, because that was probably the first question all of them were getting. He was sure he wouldn’t be the first person to bring it up. He beamed happily though, when the girl said she could use a break. ”Great!” Matthew hadn’t planned on jumping into studying too fast. ”What year are you in, anyway? Sixth? Seventh? And what house?” She wasn’t a Slytherin - he would’ve seen her.

He raised an eyebrow though, when she revealed that the subject she was studying was also potions. He’d expected her to be doing horribly boring things, like maths and muggle history. Matthew was sure that they had to study all of those as well, though. It did make sense that muggles were allowed to join classes like potions and herbology - really, anything that didn’t require a wand. But wait - ”Veritaserum?” he corrected, his tone surprised. “Really? I knew they were letting you guys do potions, but they’re starting you with veritaserum? Well, that was hardly fair. ”I didn’t think they’d really just throw you right into seventh year potions with no help - that’s not an easy one, you know.” Matthew had only worked on it because he was in advanced potions - though just barely. It was hardly his best subject. Still, his help was better for her than none. ”I can help you with it, if you want. Are they actually making you brew it? Or are you just studying the qualities?”

PM
^
Lilianne Heart
 Posted: Jun 16 2016, 10:14 PM
Lilianne Heart
Gryffindor
Muggle
17 YEARS OLD
no special ability
Jo

"One". Lilianne flinched. It was almost as if he was referring her to an animal in a zoo rather than a human being and she instantly took a disliking to the boy, which was unfortunate because he was actually the first person who came and actually talked to her. Other's had said hi in the hallways, and helped her find her classes to be nice because her tutor was a dumbass, but other than that, she hadn't spoken to anyone. Not even the other seventh year muggle or any of the other muggles. She pronounced her name for the boy again.

She said, "Lillianne just the two syllables. And you can call me Lilianne."

She didn't like nicknames. The only person who was allowed to call her something else was her father, and that was either "Lily-Bug" or "Lily-Billy". And luckily none of Hogwarts knew her family, so they couldn't find out the ridiculous nicknames.

She had been somewhere similar to Hogwarts. It was an abandoned castle that her family went to for vacation. They took a tour of it and everything. It was really cool, but she had to admit that living in a castle like it was unreal.

She said, "Yeah, it's amazing. I've seen some abandoned castles, but I've never lived in one before. Well, a Victorian style one like this. Or, I guess it's Gothic? I'm not really sure, but yes it's really cool."

This boy was all over the place, much like her younger siblings. She had to smile thinking about them and how she missed them at that moment. She said, "I'm a seventh year. I applied myself, otherwise my parents wouldn't of let me go."

And then he began helping her with the homework.

She replied, "We are just studying the properties, and ingredients I believe. The professor goes so fast sometimes, and my tutor doesn't help with much."

The boy had done potions his entire life she bet. She asked, "Is there an easy way to remember all of these ingredients, and what not? If not, i'll surly fail, and I don't fail." She shook her head. She didn't fail in the muggle world, so she wasn't about to fail in a different world.

PM
^
Matthew Bennett
 Posted: Jun 19 2016, 09:41 PM
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
No Special Ability
Jett

what matters most
Oh. Maybe he hadn’t been entirely sensitive in the way he’d said that. Oops. ”No, sorry, that isn’t what I meant,” he said instantly, shaking his head. ”I guess mum’s right when she tells me to think before I talk…” His mum did tell him that all the time. So did Ollie. So did his friends. Because even though Matthew didn’t usually mean anything bad by his words, the way he phrased things did sometimes tend to upset people. ”Let me try again - you’re the first muggle Hogwarts student that I’ve met.” There, that would fix it. He smiled along with his reiteration, hoping that she realized he hadn’t meant any harm.

”That’s okay, people call me by my whole name, too,” he replied happily. That meant that they had something in common, right? ”I mean, I don’t really mind if it gets shortened, but it’s never really stuck.” The girl seemed to loosen up ever so slightly when she started actually responding to his questions. ”Well, this one used to look like an abandoned castle to muggles,” he told her, figuring that maybe she’d be interested in some muggle related Hogwarts trivia. ”Before the Statute, if muggles came nearby, all they’d see was a bunch of falling-down castle ruins. This is the first time they’ve ever taken away the spell.” It didn’t feel any different though, that Muggles could now see Hogwarts if they wanted. It was still set back on it’s own, and it wasn’t as though anyone could get inside of their own accord anyway, even if they could see it.

”Why not?” Matthew pried curiously, when Lilianne mentioned her parents not agreeing with her decision. ”They aren’t very happy about the whole magic thing?” He could understand some muggles not being very accepting straight away - after all, it was pretty unbelievable. But they’d come around eventually - they’d have to. It wasn’t as though they could change it.

Right, the potion. At least Lilianne said they were just studying the idea of it, for the moment, ”That’s good. Veritaserum is wicked hard to make. It’s also bloody scary in action, if you ask me. Though, I’m a terrible liar to begin with, so it isn’t as though I need it for people to know when I’m telling the truth.” That was an unfortunate side effect of often saying what was on your mind, good or bad. He smiled, and released a slightly amused laugh. ”Not exactly - you just have to memorize them. I mean, you’ll start to learn which ingredients have which effects, which makes it way easier. Because you’ll know that something only used for invisibility has no place in a Euphoria potion - know what I mean?” Of course she didn’t. She was a muggle. It was more of an expression than anything.

@Lilianne Heart, 494 words, Early September
PM
^
Lilianne Heart
 Posted: Jun 20 2016, 11:10 PM
Lilianne Heart
Gryffindor
Muggle
17 YEARS OLD
no special ability
Jo

So maybe he wasn't such a poopy head as he had caught his wording.

She smiled and said, "Don't worry about it, I knew what you meant. And you are the first wizard I've talked too besides my tutor and the headmaster."

She sighed. This was so frustrating. Here she was in a world she was SURE she would fit in in, and here she was doing the exact opposite. Not fitting in. Maybe there was hope now that Matthew was coming to talk to her. When he said that people usually called him Matthew, she wanted to be different.

She said, "How about I call you Mattie? You look like a Mattie."

She liked giving people nicknames. It was a gift that she had. This kid had enough of a baby face to be a Mattie. She hoped she wasn't being too weird, and that if he had a girlfriend, she wouldn't get offended if she too called him Mattie. Ah well, what was one less friend?

Now that was interesting... Way back before the statute, people used to see Hogwarts as an abandoned castle. What if the muggle wandered into the castle? What would happen then? Could the muggle people that weren't chosen to enter still see it? Or where they still seeing ruins? It was an interesting idea. Cover up something magical with something not so magical. Make it invisible to the naked eye.

When he started asking questions about why her family didn't approve of her being here, she looked down. How was she supposed to explain to Mattie that her parents were prejudice against his kind? And now their eldest daughter wanted to be like one of them? It was disgraced on her family. They hadn't written her a single letter since she had been here.

She started to explain, "Well.... they aren't too found of people who aren't exactly like them. Which is ironic because I was adopted, so I'm nothing like them at all, but yet they still love me. Well, they did before I decided to come here. They've groomed my siblings to think the same way, so now I'm the bad guy."

Way back when, she was super close to her siblings. She loved them. All of them. She was closer to some more than others, but they were still family and they should be treated equally.

A truth potion. That's what it was. She made a mental note of it even though here in a few hours when she studied another potion, she would completely forget the truth potion. Mattie was just as helpful as her tutor. But at least he was trying. She ran a hand through her long brunette hair. Maybe she should just give up and go home.

PM
^
Matthew Bennett
 Posted: Jun 23 2016, 12:56 AM
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
No Special Ability
Jett

what matters most
Okay, well - at least it seemed like he’d sort of redeemed himself. Maybe everyone was right, about thinking before he spoke. Though, that wasn’t exactly the issue. The issue was that Matthew didn’t find a lot of things insulting that most people would. Which meant he said a lot of things with good intentions that were taken the wrong way. He smiled when Lilianne dismissed it, but gave her a curious look when she said he was the first wizard she’d gotten a chance to interact with. ”Really?” he asked, looking across at her. ”You haven’t made friends with anyone in your house yet? You ought to try, you know. Most of the Gryffindors are decently friendly.” Would Astrid be considered decently friendly? After a moment, Matthew decided that yes, she would. Especially at first. It was only once you got to know her that you saw the more fiery side of her. He felt sure she’d be welcoming to the new muggles in her house, though. Matthew would be too, if there were any in his house that he’d met. Gryffindor and Hufflepuff seemed to get the majority of them. As he’d predicted.

Matthew raised his eyebrows in response to Lilianne’s choice of name for him. Hadn’t she just made a fuss about what he called her, and now she wanted to call him something other than his name? Which might have been annoying, if he actually cared. But he’d meant it when he said he didn’t mind what he was called - he’d answer to any variation of Matthew. ”You can if you want,” he replied with a shrug. ”That’s what my family calls me, actually. So I’m used to it.”

He listened a bit attentively about Lilianne’s parents, because it seemed to be a bit of a sore subject for her. So, if she was talking about it to a stranger, she probably really needed to talk about it to someone. The least he could do was pay attention. People who aren’t exactly like them. ”Ah, they don’t like wizards,” he replied, understanding instantly. It was a bit disappointing, really, to see so many people adverse to magic straight away. But at the same time, Matthew supposed that was to be expected. The shock would be the hardest part, most likely. He frowned when she said they’d loved her before she came here. ”I’m sure that’s not true - I mean, a lot of people are upset over the statute. And it’s a lot harder on muggles I think, because they have to accept this whole world exists that they didn’t know about before. Maybe once they get used to it, they’ll come around. It’s not like it’s going to change now.” Actually, Matthew felt sure that a lot of people would come around after the initial confusion wore off. Once muggles saw that their world hadn’t really changed - that they’d only become more aware of who they were sharing it with.

”Have you done any exploring, at least?” Matthew asked the girl, changing the subject. He absentmindedly flipped through a few pages in his potions book, but wasn’t really paying attention to the words. ”That’s the best part about Hogwarts after all - there are tons of secret places hidden everywhere. I’m still finding new ones, and this is my sixth year here.”

@Lilianne Heart, 575 words, Early September
PM
^
Lilianne Heart
 Posted: Aug 4 2016, 09:33 PM
Lilianne Heart
Gryffindor
Muggle
17 YEARS OLD
no special ability
Jo

Lilianne smiled at the seemingly innocent boy. He seemed like he meant no harm. He was trying to be friends with her, which was more than what anybody else was doing. She shrugged when he talked about the other Gryffindors being somewhat nice. Maybe they had been, she was just too closed minded to open up to them? After all this was a whole new world that she was opened up too, so it was going to take some getting used too having ghosts fly around above your head at breakfast or when she went to the toilet. Nobody had told her that that toilet wasn't meant to be used because it belonged to a ghost ad she went in anyways and regretted it much later. The ghost who inhabited the toilet seemed to mumble some nonsense about her eyeballs being on the bathroom floor when she died, which was a little bit on the creepy side, but perhaps in this world it was completely normal for a person to die on the bathroom floor and live in it for all eternity. Imagination was one thing Lilianne lacked. Her world was black and white so that was why she decided to go to Hogwarts. Maybe it would help her world open up just a little bit more.
<p>
She laughed and said, "I haven't met any Gryffindors per say, but I did meet a rather unfriendly ghost in the girls bathroom on the second floor. She had a lot to say."
<p>
Lilianne noted. His reaction to her wanting to call him Matty.
<p>
She died laughing and said, "I just wanted to see your reaction. Matthew it is."
<p>
The boy seemed to understand why her parents where against her coming which was strange. Anytime she tried explaining, she was instantly written off like her parents. The boy had redeemed himself. He didn't label her as something she wasn't. And then he completely got her. Like what she had been trying to prove to her parents all along. They weren't the only ones who were upset about the statute. There were other people in this world, not just them. If other muggles could open their eyes to a brand new world she didn't understand why her parents couldn't. She didn't provide an answer for him because it was a touchy subject.hed and family weren't on the same page. So she was glad when he changed the subject.
<p>
She said, "I've tried to go exploring... But with everybody starring and my rediculous tutor following me around, there's really no time too... Besides the bathroom incident, I haven't done any exploring."
<p>
She smiled when she saw the boys eyes light up as he talked about the castle. It must have been amazing to grow up looking at this amazing beauty every day. She was jealous. She wanted magical abilities. She wanted to have family who loved her enough to nick name her. And at that moment, she packed up her things looked down in her bag and saw a single potato. It wasn't cooked. It's meaning for being there was irrelevant. She smiled. She dug it out of her bag and sat it on the table next to the boy and walked away. She hoped the potato would leave him curious enough to want to come and talk to her again. How else was she supposed to make friends in this place?
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE