TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

A Library, Full Of Life, Yet Full Of Darkness, Arcturus Darkbloom ~ 7th Year Ravenclaw
Arcturus Darkbloom
 Posted: Jun 30 2016, 05:20 AM
Arcturus Darkbloom
Ravenclaw
N/A
Half-Blood
17 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Being a Jerk is his special ability
Artie

A Library, Full of Life, yet Full of Darkness

Artie store at the pile of complex books. Life had become so dull without HER. He did have one thing going for him, his love of study. Even without Emma, he was a prone to be found studying. But there was something or someone, that needed to fill the void in his heart. For now it was the history of "The Boy Who Lived" something he had always been fascinated about, a fable his father told him when he was young.

He had longed craved human contact, his own family were beginning to bore him. His only plans for the future, were to be with HER. But now, he looked around his life, he was good at quidditch, but loved Arithmancy, he was good at Charms and DADA, but terrible at Potions.

He had considered being a Keeper for a famous quidditch team. Living the high life of a celebrity, but that wasn't him. He'd never want to be swooned over by teenage girls, he didn't want ridiculous competitive opponents. Quidditch was a hobby for him.

He had also considered writing for the Daily Prophet, but he doubted that his writings would be accepted as he preferred to write creatively, as apposed to factually.

He had also considered being a Professor. But he liked a variety of subjects, he wouldn't know what to specialize in. Maybe he'd start his own class "The of Muggle and Wizard Relations" ? That'd be fun to teach, and he already had advanced knowledge in that area.

But for now, books, studying and reading were his main priority.

PM
^
Saryana Greenwood
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 06:22 AM
Saryana Greenwood
Ravenclaw
Single
Student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
12 YEARS OLD
Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello Hello. Hello. Hello.
No Special Ability
Sary

if The key to success
Is doing your best
tagged
Saryana ate quickly at lunch. Today, she wanted to study Arithmancy in advance. Of course, it wouldn't be as easy as doing it with with a teacher but it would still be a good start. She already knew most of second year material and all she needed was to actually act upon the knowledge she had but that happened enough it class. Now she needed to learn more than what she already did know. Now was the time to get into her lessons from beforehand. Of course, there was always summer... But a Minister of Magic mustn't leave anything for later when they can do it at the moment and Saryana did aspire to become exactly that... When she grew old enough for it, of course.

Entering the library, she smiled. She loved it here. The smell of books, the dampness and slight mysterious vibe it gave away. If there was one thing that the girl did not like about the Ravenclaw tower was that it was way to light for her liking. Back home, she always read with the windows closed and curtains in, so her eyes weren't quiet used to the glimmer the sun gave when it came in contact with paper. Which was why she rarely read there, unless the dorm rooms are open. And why she always came to the library - the small light that the torches gave away was enough for her to see enough from the book while looking at it normally. A confident step forward, she began to search for books, any kind of books that she might find interesting and most likely help her in her goal. Then again, any book about Arithmancy would probably fall in that category.

However, before she could continue on, she noticed that an older year was reading a book, with a stack of others next to him. At first she was confused but then she remembered that, for sixth and seventh years, their program was a bit different than the other years. But the thing that got her interest that one of the books seemed to be of Arithmancy. Which meant that he was good in it. And that he could possibly teach her something about it. The thing was... How could she make him teach a second year? Well, she could possibly lie... But that wasn't good. Yet, this was sher chance... After a minute of fighting if she should lie or not, she decided to get into action. "Hello, er, sir. I noticed that you're studying and... I'd like to ask if you could explain Arithmancy to me? I'm... In third year and am having a hard time understanding..." at the last part, she got red. Lie or not, it was hard to say that you aren't doing good in anything for Saryana.

PM
^
Arcturus Darkbloom
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 08:40 PM
Arcturus Darkbloom
Ravenclaw
N/A
Half-Blood
17 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Artie

My Wizard Sense is Tingling

Artie rolled his eyes. "I have seen you in here before, and I know you're not a 3rd year. You don't go to Hogsmeade. But if your interested, I think I might be able to help you. I can help you study Arithmancy, because I love teaching new things. But you have to get teachers permission, I don't want to be getting into any trouble" Artie smiled. . "If your head of house AND parents agree,, then I can tutor you in Arithmancy. But keep in mind, Arithmancy is not for the faint of heart, you have to be willing to understand the mathematical conceptions of the stars and how they relate to the future. Do you think you can handle all that?" Artie asked. This was the last thing he needed. On top of the massive amounts of homework, he was now tutoring 2 students! But alas, this girl looked like the type who could understand the most complicated of things, Artie was good at sensing that in people. She sounded like and avid learner, so she'd be easy to tutor, the problem is, when can he find the time?

PM
^
Saryana Greenwood
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 10:57 AM
Saryana Greenwood
Ravenclaw
Single
12 YEARS OLD
No Special Ability
Sary

if i'm a danger to myself
Just think what I could do to you
tagged

Saryana bit her lip from annoyance. Unbelievable! This guy just looked through her lie without a second think. Though she wasn't really going to give up that quickly. "Technically, not everyone from third year goes to Hogsmeade - you do need parents permission for that." she she. Afterwards, however, she sighed. 'Stop this! You're ruining your chance to get taught, from confidence! Nodding her head, she added. "But yes, I'm not a third year... I guess I doubted I'd be taught if one knew." she muttered and shrugged her shoulders.

At his next sentances, she tilted her head in confusion. Permission to be taught? From when does one need permission to teach something out of the curricular of what is taught in school? Wait, was curricular even the right word... Rubbing the bridge of her nose, she forced herself to concentrate on the conversation before she loses it. "Not to sound annoying but... Why would I need to ask for permission for something such? And I doubt that they'd refuse anyway - it's a student wanting to learn more." she commented, hoping to get a reasonable answer.

When asked if she could handle studying Arithmancy, she nodded. In her mind, the question was a bit foolish - obviously, she had thought about studying it. After all, she was ready to do it and literally asked someone for help. However, she didn't let any of that show, smiling instead. "Of course, don't worry! I'll manage." she said before thinking about what Marielle's reaction to this would be. Well.. She would probably tell Saryana that she should have been nice. Not to mention, that was a personality that would be looked into when she becomes Minister. So, after a few second, she added. "Thank you for agreeing to help me."

PM
^
Arcturus Darkbloom
 Posted: Jul 16 2016, 06:36 AM
Arcturus Darkbloom
Ravenclaw
N/A
Half-Blood
17 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Artie

What is 'Pleasure'?

"My pleasure" Was it really his 'pleasure', he did tutor kids on a regular basis, but he enjoyed it. He didn't have time to ponder over it before he realized he did not answer her question. "There is a reason why only 3rd years and above are taught Arithmancy" He left her to dwell over the question before he returned to his book. There wasn't actually a solid reason by 1st and 2nd reasons weren't allowed to study it. The professors always sad the Arithmancy teacher hated teaching 1st and 2nd years. Artie always suspected that it might be something more serious, but he never liked to get on the wrong side of professors. Considering they were his only friends he had. He hadn't noticed that the girl was still standing in front of him. "Is that all?" He asked, with a little harshness in his voice. He clearly was wanting to get back to his book, and this girl didn't seem to get the message. "I can't help you unless you get permission" He sighs, hoping she'd finally get the message. If she didn't he'd have to put a silencer on her or something. He really hated people interrupting him whilst he was reading. Or interrupting him during anything.

PM
^
Saryana Greenwood
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 06:07 PM
Saryana Greenwood
Ravenclaw
Single
12 YEARS OLD
No Special Ability
Sary

the key to success
Is doing your best
tagged
Mentioned: @Heather - Marielle Prince.

~o~o~o~o~o~

When he said it was his pleasure, Saryana narrowed her eyes. He wasn't a person who knew how to control his body language. Though her knowledge was vague over that topic, she knew that he wasn't truthful about his pleasure. Of course, she didn't notice that his thoughts were about something else, not that he had a problem teaching her, but she interpreted in such a way. And for her, she was always right until proven wrong. And even then, she still had a point. Careful not to let out what she felt herself, she simply began to pay attention to anything else he might tell her.

However, his answer to her previous question was useless. What kind of person who agrees to be a tutor doesn't explain a question? That was what crossed the line for Saryana. Obviously, he had no interest in teaching her and just did it because he had to. What a debacle. Saryana the decided two things - she'll stay and see his reaction. If he decides to actually explain why she needed the useless permission like a normal person, then she would allow him to be her tutor. Otherwise, she would simply mind her own business and find someone else to teach her. Or even teach herself, if she had to. But with anyone but this guy. It wasn't getting the permission that was the problem for her. Rather, it was the way that he dealt with her and how unnecessarily rude he has been. And that was one thing that Saryana hated. Rudeness.

In the end, things happened as she kind of hoped. He went on with being rude. Rising her head high, she began to talk with as clear as a voice she could. "You know, never mind, " she began, a bit surprised by how cold her voice came out but she went on with it, as it have the needed affect. "I'll search for someone who is actually willing to explain things to me when I ask, rather than someone who acts like a know-it-all! At least that person would actually try to explain why they need permission or would admit they didn't know." She said, glad she got her point through, before turning on her heals and leaving. There was no way that she was staying in this library for the moment, not now. Though later when would definitely come back, maybe not to search for someone to teach her but to teach herself. Because she did not want to land upon another stuck up older student.

Then again, she could just ask Mari for some older kids she thinks are reasonable enough. At least she knew that Mari had a great eye for people worth it. And considering how much she was going out and about, meeting such people... Saryana shook her head a bit. She was a bit annoyed from the lack of her friend but what could she do, really? Mari was so outgoing and fun that it wasn't a surprise she had so many friends!

PM
^
Arcturus Darkbloom
 Posted: Jul 23 2016, 04:17 AM
Arcturus Darkbloom
Ravenclaw
N/A
Half-Blood
17 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Artie

I'm Not a Violent Person, But I Want to Slap Her"

Artie groaned and dashed after her "WAIT!" He yelled, tugging on her robe. "Look..." He whispered, making sure no-one could eavesdrop "....I have been in trouble with the headmaster before. I don't want to abuse my prefect powers just so I can break yet another school rule"' He took a breath "It's not hard to get permission. A girl like you probably has her parents wrapped around her finger" He said, starting to get angry "Possibly even a teachers pet" He scrowled up his face, regretting his words "If you want my help, help me by not breaking another school rule" He turned around "When you change your mind, you know where to find me" with that, he took a deep breath and headed back into the library. He really needed to sort out his anger issues. This girl probably wasn't any of the things he mentioned, but she certainly was annoying. 'That time of the month....' Artie thought, relieved he didn't say that out loud. He sat back down and picked up the book he was reading before the girl interrupted him. He couldn't believe he wasted his time talking to such an ungrateful little girl. Hopefully she was too stubborn to ask for permission, he didn't really want to have to talk to her again

PM
^
Saryana Greenwood
 Posted: Jul 23 2016, 04:44 PM
Saryana Greenwood
Ravenclaw
Single
12 YEARS OLD
No Special Ability
Sary

if i'm a danger to myself
Just think what I could do to you
tagged
After a few meters walk, Saryana heard as the guy from before walked after her. She bit her lip. Maybe he was coming to apologise? If he was, she will not make it easy. He was rude and rude people can't be liked. She continued to walk until he grabbed her and stopped her. Okay, he technically tugged her robe but that was not nice as well. She turned around and stared into his eyes, hoping that she would seem at least a little frightening. She really needed to practice her death glare, she would need it in the future when she meets more rude people like this guy. Or even this guy himself, actually. Really, she needed a death glare for rude people in general.

However, the guy didn't even seem to flinch at her stare. In fact... He grew from simply rude to mean. And then, to downright evil. She stared after him as he walked away from saying those words. Wrapped her parents around her finger? Her father was so stubborn that he only followed what he knew! And every day Saryana lived in fear that her mother was injured somehow in auror duty. There was no way she would ever try to manipulate either one of them. As for being a teacher's pet... Was it so bad that he had to say it so cruelly? Sure, teachers always seemed to like her - but that was simply because she was nice to them! Not because she used them. Thinking over his words, she felt as she began to start crying. What if what he said was try... A full stranger might as well seen something others didn't. The sorting hat did say that she should have gone in Slytherin, after all...

However, the girl's sadness quickly turned into rage. Who the hell was he to say such things against her? Just an idiot with a too big of an ego! And wasn't he the one who feared to break school rules for simply tutoring a student who wanted to learn more? What a joke! Saryana suddenly understood what her mother meant when she said to always look at the person in front of her. And what the popular muggle saying was trying to put out as a message. Turning on her heels, Saryana quickly walked out of the library. However, rather than going to the common rooms, she went to the owl tower. Inside, she quickly wrote to her parents exactly what a jerk the guy was. Sure, maybe she was using her parents positions for once but she was going to try anything she could to make sure that a jerk like him wouldn't get the success he most likely wanted. Writing her name at the bottom, Saryana smiled. "Revenge is best served cold..." she muttered as she attached the letter to her owl, who was very glad with the new job. Watching as he flew off, Saryana couldn't help but smirk. No one messed with Saryana and got away with it. No one.

PM
^
Arcturus Darkbloom
 Posted: Jul 24 2016, 05:37 AM
Arcturus Darkbloom
Ravenclaw
N/A
Half-Blood
17 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Artie

THE RUDE PREFECT VS THE STUBBORN 2ND YEAR

Artie instantly regretted what he said to the girl. Luckily it was her word against his. Prefect vs 2nd year. He sighed. He had to chase her. He attempted to call her name, but he didn't know her name. He really should know the names of all the students in his house, but he has more important things to think about. He knew she was Ravenclaw, so he headed back to the tower, in attempts to see her. 'All this for.....some 12 year old again.... seriously?'. He sighed and made himself comfortable. It could be a while for her to cool down and return to the common room, or she could be on her way back now. He had no idea, but he was hoping that it'd be sooner than later. Why was he wasting his time impressing this girl? He could get her expelled quicker than apparation, but he wasn't going to to that. He was reasonable, and he was hoping this girl was reasonable too. She'd probably not want to converse considering how rude "he" was. But in his defense she had been pretty rude also. But he should know better, should, should. It's hard when pretty much everyone is rude to him, its the norm for him.

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE