TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

The Early Bird Gets The Bacon, Gwen
Fiona Cavanagh
 Posted: Jul 1 2016, 09:08 AM
Fiona Cavanagh
Hufflepuff
Single and closeted
Halfblood
15 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Metamorphmagus
Ty

i can't dream alone

Fi’s amber eyes surveyed the almost empty Great Hall as she chewed on a piece of bacon. It was such a different atmosphere, but alas it was one she had gotten used to. So much quieter and surreal. It reminded her of her night-time walks. However, unlike her night-time walks, the quietness of the Great Hall was somewhat unsettling to her. It was even quieter than usual early Saturday mornings and it was a particular cold mid-October day as it was. It seemed like a recipe for melancholy. She could not help but wish she had someone to talk to. Her mind went to her best friend as if him still being at school would change that she had no-one to eat with at the moment. It was six in the morning. He wouldn’t have been up and even if he had been he was in Ravenclaw.

Fi let out a sigh as she shook her head trying to change the subject in her mind. She did not mind being up so early. Growing up on a Herbologist farm you got used to being up early very quickly. It was better to wake up yourself than let the mandrakes do it for you. That was always nasty. She learned quickly in that case. However, if it had not been for her Quidditch captain calling for a two hour practice at four a.m. on a Saturday, Fi would probably of still been asleep. She loved Quidditch though so that certainly wasn’t the problem. The issue was that is was six-twenty a.m. and her teammates had all already finished their food and moved on to bigger and better things. She took a swig of milk as she looked down at her plate of bacon and eggs. Her eyes then moved along the table to the biscuits. In what seemed like the blink of an eye her willow wand was already out in her hand. “Wingardium Leviosa,” she said with a swish and a flick. With what seemed like no effort the plate of biscuits lifted into the air and perfectly placed itself within arm’s reach. She grabbed a biscuit and took a large bite out of it.

Taking another bite of her delicious bacon and eggs, Fi could not help but wonder what the day had in store for her and what exactly she should do with her Saturday. Though she still wore her black and yellow Quidditch robe, she had already switched out into a pair of jeans and One Piece t-shirt with the Strawhat Jolly Roger dead-center. Her Quidditch helmet still sat upon her head with her goggles pulled up onto the top and her short hair poked up from underneath the protective gear. Her hair had settled on a light blue color that morning. Her broom and bag of Quidditch gear sat at her feet underneath the table. Maybe she’d take a lap around Hogwarts for some fun? Or perhaps she could go practice some spells for Dueling Club? She knew she sure as heck didn’t want to go back to the Hufflepuff dormitory and continue studying Transfigurations or even worse Potions. Ugh. Just the thought of doing so made her recoil. She’d rather spend her Saturday with Moaning Myrtle.

PM
^
Guinevere VanDerberg
 Posted: Jul 4 2016, 08:50 PM
Guinevere VanDerberg
Hufflepuff
single
Muggle
15 YEARS OLD
because i'm broken when i'm open and i don't feel like i am strong enough
Gwen is a muggle, and was brought up on a farm. She was homeschooled, but she did have friends in a nearby village. Mostly, though, she spent her time playing with her brothers, Jack and Hunter, and her younger sister Grace. Then Jack was killed. And shit happened. And she applied for Hogwarts when the statute was passed, having heard so much about Hogwarts from her brother.
No Special Ability
Vilde

@Fiona. 555. hope you enjoy!
i saw the light fade from the
sky
Gwen had one issue with Hogwarts that actually started to annoy her, because it made her feel uncomfortable; there was no expectations of you to get to know the ones you shared a dorm with. She knew the name of her roomy. Fiona. She knew she woke up as early as Gwen did, if not earlier. And she knew she played for the Quidditch team. That was all she knew about the person she lived with, and she really wanted it to change. But for some reason, Fiona was never around for her to get to know. But she wanted this to change as soon as she possibly could, by any means necessary. Gwen actually worried that Fiona was avoiding her because she was a muggle, or something, and that idea did not sit well with the VanDerberg girl. She would never let people judge her, not before they knew her.

And when she walked to the Great Hall for some early breakfast, which she suspected would be mostly empty, she was happy to see that her chance had arisen. Fiona was sitting by the table to the Hufflepuffs. She was sitting on her own, eating. Gwen was about to walk over when she saw Fiona draw her wand, and soon enough a plate of biscuits flew to the girl. Gwen grinned and noted that she was wearing the Quidditch robe and helmet. So, she'd been up at four for Quidditch then? That was dedication. Gwen finally put on a friendly smile and walked over to the girl she shared a dorm with. "Hi!" she chirped and sat down across from her, not even asking to see if it was okay; she really wanted to get to know her now. That's when she noted the blue hair poking out of her helmet.

This was one of the things she had noticed with Fiona; that her hair always changed. If Gwen was a completely regular muggle, she'd have no idea what it was, but since her older brother's girlfriend was a ... metasomething, Gwen actually knew of their existence. But she'd heard they were pretty unusual, so she found it great that she'd get to live with this girl. They could have loads of fun with stuff like that! "I heard you leave pretty early today. I'm guessing Quidditch practice based on your robes?" Gwen was keeping the conversation casual, almost as if they'd spoken more than a few words here and there. Because why shouldn't she? She wanted them to be friends. This was how to make friends. You didn't talk about the weather, you talked about the things you knew they enjoyed talking about. Like Quidditch. Like the manga on her t-shirt. She grabbed a few things here and there to make a good bacon and scrambled eggs sandwich. Nothing was better. She loved British breakfast. The dinner wasn't always as interesting as everything else, but the breakfast made everything worth it! "Do you think Hufflepuff will defeat Ravenclaw? That's the first match for Hufflepuff, isn't it?" Gwen was still trying to get into the whole stuff with Quidditch, but she knew Hunter loved it, and most things he loved, she loved. And maybe Fiona could help her understand the concept a bit better.

PM
^
Fiona Cavanagh
 Posted: Jul 4 2016, 09:45 PM
Fiona Cavanagh
Hufflepuff
Single and closeted
Halfblood
15 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Metamorphmagus
Ty

i can't dream alone

When Fi spotted Gwen she didn’t know whether to be thankful to see her roommate or to duck under the table in hopes she hadn’t seen her yet. She had wanted someone to talk to. Someone to liven up the place. It was far too quiet for her liking. Made her feel lonely. However, she couldn’t help but think anyone but her. And she felt horrible for it. She didn’t hate the girl. Quite the opposite actually. She liked the girl a lot. That was something she wasn’t particularly ready to face and even if she was ready she had no clue how to go about it. Fi was always waking up early and leaving the dorm room before the other Hufflepuff girls awoke, but more often than not Gwen was already awake as well. Which stunk because she was the main reason Fi was leaving. It was awkward being around a bunch of girls her age in pajamas and she always felt guilty about how she felt about it. As if she was some kind of peeping tom. She didn’t mean to look. Usually. Honest. Sometimes she couldn’t help herself from peaking over her shoulder.

When Gwen sat down across at her and greeted her, Fi froze. She stared at the other girl for a moment, not chewing her food as her now light blue eyes went wide. She felt as if someone had petrified her and all she could feel were the butterflies in her stomach. She opened her mouth to say “Hello” back, completely forgetting there was still food in her mouth. She quickly closed her motuh without saying anything and swallowed before attempting to say hello again. It took her a moment to realize her food was stuck in her throat and she coughed vehemently. She pointed her wand awkwardly at her own throat and managed to mutter “Anapneo.” Practically immediately her throat was clear and her cheeks flushed a bit as she looked down at her food and then back up at the girl across from her while rubbing the back of her neck awkwardly. “Um, uh, hi,” she replied mentally berating herself in her head. Did she notice that? Please tell me she didn’t notice that. Who am I kidding. Of course she noticed it. She isn’t thick or anything. Fi felt like burying her head in her arms or pulling her Quidditch helmet down to hide her flushed face. She normally didn’t get like this. It was so damn frustrating. She wanted to grab her broomstick that she could feel with her foot and fly off out of the hall, out the front doors and into the sky where her problems couldn’t reach her. She knew she’d have to come down eventually though. She always had to come back down. The sky was no place for the wingless.

“Um, yeah,” she replied with a deep breath. Gwen was there and she was there. And neither of them were going anywhere. She had dodged the girl for well over a month since the start of the school year. She couldn’t do it forever. She always knew that. She just hoped that she could dodge her for three more years until she was out of Hogwarts and would probably never see her again. The best laid plans of mice and men. “The Captain called us out for a real early one. Can’t say I mind really. Usually up early anyway. Plus I always love a chance to play Quidditch.” Fi stopped herself there. She knew how she could ramble on about the things she was passionate about. It was a trait that got particularly worse the more flustered she was, which she certainly was at the moment. Her face was still a bit flushed and her unkempt hair that poked out from underneath her Quidditch helmet had turned a deep purple. Fi looked at the girl across from her and then quickly looked away, grabbing a glass of water and downing half the glass at once. “We’re gonna crush ‘em,” she said with a surge of confidence. She couldn’t help but smirk as she said it. They had gotten much better and without her friend on the Ravenclaw Quidditch team anymore, she figured they had an even better chance. Though she did relish the opportunity to wipe the pitch with her best friend. She couldn’t help but wonder what exactly he was doing at the moment.

PM
^
Guinevere VanDerberg
 Posted: Jul 5 2016, 11:18 AM
Guinevere VanDerberg
Hufflepuff
single
Muggle
15 YEARS OLD
Gwen is a muggle, and was brought up on a farm. She was homeschooled, but she did have friends in a nearby village. Mostly, though, she spent her time playing with her brothers, Jack and Hunter, and her younger sister Grace. Then Jack was killed. And shit happened. And she applied for Hogwarts when the statute was passed, having heard so much about Hogwarts from her brother.
No Special Ability
Vilde

@Fiona. 609. hope you enjoy!
sky
Gwen's eyes turned to round balls of shock when Fiona started coughing really loudly. She froze for a moment and was about to get up and try to help when Fiona used magic to stop the apparent choking. "Oh my god, I'm so sorry! I didn't mean to startle you!" she exclaimed. This was not the way to make the right impression on her fellow housemate. She wanted them to be friends, goddamnit, not to scare them to choking and death! Fiona looked pretty shaken though, and Gwen was certain the red face was due to the sudden pressure of no oxygen, no other reason. Though she would probably have blushed herself if that had happened to her. She was overly cautious though, so stuff like that rarely happened to her.

But despite the many reasons for Fiona's blush, the girl looked more than slightly uncomfortable. Gwen tried to ignore it, but a sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach told her that Fiona didn't want to get to know Gwen. That she had actually been avoiding her, and that it was no coincidence that they hadn't spoken more than two words to each other since they started. And that was only counting to words Gwen had been able to say. 'I'm Gwen'. Okay, so maybe she was exaggerating, but the people at Hogwarts, though none of them seemed to have a problem with her being a muggle, seemed to have a problem with her. Her person. And she couldn't help but feel like she would never really fit in. She was fine with it when she left home. And she knew she wouldn't fit in like many of the others. But this? After the bitchy girl from Potions and even on occasion Ariadne, the only girl who'd been proper nice to her was Astrid, and she hadn't spoken to her since that day in the library! So she hadn't made a friend then either. Ariadne was her only something-friend. And since Ariadne hung out with Honora, she didn't really want to spend that much time with her. Honora was horrible.

So was it really too much to ask to have a friend in her own dormitory? Fiona had seemed so nice. But maybe Gwen just got along better with guys. Then again... That Slytherin she'd shouted at? Maybe she was just lucky when she'd gotten along with Matthew and Braden. She had yet to even talk to the guys in her own year, apart from the silent one. No, Gwen was in sore need for some proper friends, and she'd need them soon, before she hit the wall. And Fiona was here. But then she started talking about Quidditch, and though the glimmer of awkwardness was still there, Gwen could see Fiona was trying, and this brought a big smile to her face. "I know, you're sometimes even up before me!" she said, faking shock and then laughing it off, glad that her mind had turned away from the previous misery.

Gwen was just about to point out that Fiona's hair had gone purple, but then the girl showed the first sign of confidence, and Gwen's smile widened. "Well, I'll definitely be there to cheer you guys on! I'm so excited to see the match! It'll be awesome!" She'd never gotten to see a Quidditch match before, and she'd heard so much about the sport from Hunter. "By the way, your hair changed colour! My brother's girlfriend does the same thing. It's really cool! What's it called again? Metamorphsomething?"

PM
^
Fiona Cavanagh
 Posted: Jul 5 2016, 02:39 PM
Fiona Cavanagh
Hufflepuff
Single and closeted
Halfblood
15 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Metamorphmagus
Ty

i can't dream alone

Fiona nodded in response to Gwen and proceeded to blush further.Welp. she definitely noticed. “I’m fine, really. It’s not your fault.” she responded before biting her lower lip and looking down at her plate flustered.Why am i such a spaz when it comes to this? To her? she bemoaned to herself in her head. It was so frustrating, even more so than Transfiguration and Potions! She hated this feeling of not having control.

When her crush pointed out her change of hair color, Fiona couldn’t help but blush brighter. It was moments like these that she really couldn’t stand being a metamorphmagus. It was as if even her emotions were constantly being laid bare for the world to look upon. Most people had the comfort of being able to feel what they feel and choose whether or not to express it. Fi’s body did it for her without asking. She didn’t hate her abilities, but there was a reason she kept her hair short and almost always wore a hat of some sort.

“Metamorphmagus.” the girl answered. She wanted to pull her helmet further down on her head and tuck her hair further in wherever she could. However, this time she decided to try something different. She put her knife and fork down on her plate and removed her Quidditch helmet letting it fall next to her bag of Quidditch gear by her feet. Fi’s ran her hand through her hair. It was still sweaty from Quidditch practice. Her unkempt helmet hair stuck up in lots of different places and was such an incredibly deep, dark shade of purple it almost appeared black.

“Us Metamorphmagi can do more than just change our hair color, though. Fi said trying to sound confident behind her nervousness as the butterflies in her stomach had definitely not gone anywhere. Suddenly her nose began to turn similar to a pig snout and she morphed her eyes small and beady to the point of it looking comical upon her face. She then changed it back to normal. She thought of a random person she had saw in Hogsmeade not too long ago and began to change her appearance to look to the best of her memory - which wasn’t the best. Suddenly her babyface was gone and her eyes were green and her hair was long and brown. It was not the best impersonation, though she had only done it from memory and her control over her Metamorphmagus abilities weren’t fantastic.

She then turned back to normal, however, quickly after her hair turned from her usual deep red that she bore back to the deep, almost black purple she had before. Not by choice either. It took effort to constantly stop her hair from changing color and it meant that she would have to always been manipulating her appearance. She became aware, however, that her hair had once again become purple and could not help but nervously bite her lower lip. After a moment, she began to eat again before stopping after two bites, remembering the embarrassment she just went through only moments early. She swallowed her food and took another sip of her water. For a moment, Fiona’s amber eyes met the other girls and they too turned the same deep purple as her hair. She quickly looked away and rubbed her arm awkwardly as she tried to not think about how pretty the other girl’s eyes were.

PM
^
Guinevere VanDerberg
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 07:24 AM
Guinevere VanDerberg
Hufflepuff
single
Muggle
15 YEARS OLD
No Special Ability
Vilde

@Fiona. 459. hope you enjoy!
sky
Metamorphmagi, right! Gwen had found Ariel hilarious when she changed her appearance, she was proper good at it, but after a few hundred questions from Gwen, her brother's girlfriend had told her it was a lot of effort to sustain. So usually, the abilities manifested with the person's emotions. Gwen thought this was pretty cool, having always been the type of person who had her heart on her sleeve. Gwen rarely hid her emotions. She looked at Fiona's hair as the girl removed her Quidditch helmet, not really fazed by the state of the hair, but very interested in her colour.

Appearance had never meant much to Gwen; she'd been stuck doing the worst and sweatiest jobs on the farm more times than she could count, and they'd always been worth it, so it was no wonder that Fiona's hair didn't even elicit a tiny reaction at all, apart from the colour. It was all but black, really. Such a dark purple. Gwen found she liked it. Fiona suited the colour really well! "It's so cool," she said with a grin, and then raised her eyebrows in anticipation as Fiona told her they could do more than change their haircolours.

Of course, Gwen already knew that, having seen quite funny faces on Ariel, but she didn't want to ruin it for Fiona, and besides, she really did want to see what Fiona came up with, because no matter how many times Gwen would see the morphing, it was always awesomely funny. And Fiona didn't disappoint. The pigsnout and beady eyes made Gwen chuckle, and she then watched on as Fiona changed appearance completely from the pig-like being, to herself, and then turned her hair long and brown, and her eyes went green. Gwen tilted her head to the side; she felt like she'd seen the face before, but she couldn't place it. "Who was that? I think I've seen that person before," she pointed out with a surprised grin.

Gwen watched on as Fiona turned back to normal, and frowned slightly when her hair went from red to the very dark purple again. "Does your hair change colours a lot? Or do you have a colour you usually stick to? I mean, I've seen you a lot with red hair, and my friend is almost always blonde. Almost," she added thoughtfully, taking a bit from her perfected sandwich with bacon and scrambled eggs inside. She met Fiona's eyes as she looked back up at her, and Gwen was certain her eyes turned the same purple as her hair for a moment, but Fiona looked down before Gwen could be absolutely sure. It could've been a trick of the light.

PM
^
Fiona Cavanagh
 Posted: Jul 16 2016, 07:36 AM
Fiona Cavanagh
Hufflepuff
Single and closeted
Halfblood
15 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Metamorphmagus
Ty

i can't dream alone 

@Vilde
Fiona could not help but smile when the girl called her metamorphmagus abilities cool. The smile turned into a grin at Gwen’s chuckle. “I dunno.” Fiona responded with a slight shrug. “Just some rando I saw in Hogsmeade.” If she was being honest, she remembered the random girl only because she thought the brunette had been exceedingly cute. Though she had all but forgotten that part. Especially sitting across from her crush.

“Yeah, it changes color a lot.” Fi admitted a bit awkwardly. She would have rather not answered such a question. The way her hair betrayed her emotions was a touchy subject with the girl. However, she knew she was opening the floodgates for such questions the moment she took off her Quidditch helmet. She had accepted that much already.

“It’s normally a dark red. Especially if I’m flying or doing Charms work.” She explained. “Mostly because of my passion for that sort of stuff. It changes depending on how I’m feeling.” She stopped herself there, knowing full well that if she started talking about Quidditch, Charms or Herbology she’d ramble on forever about them. Fiona took another bite of her food as she avoided eye contact with Gwen and took another bite. Fiona couldn’t stand it. Why was she like this? She was never like this around other people. Only cute girls. Why couldn’t she just talk to them like she did anyone else. She could feel the awkwardness seeping over her as silence over took her.

“You have a friend who’s a metamorphmagus?” Fi inquired, trying to end the awkwardness on her part as well as change the subject from her hair color. She really didn’t want to explain what emotion purple betrayed. She was also legitimately interested in the subject of another metamorphmagi. It was quite a rare ability and Fi had met very few others with it.

PM
^
Guinevere VanDerberg
 Posted: Sep 5 2016, 10:48 AM
Guinevere VanDerberg
Hufflepuff
single
Muggle
15 YEARS OLD
No Special Ability
Vilde

@Fiona Cavanagh. 597. sorry for the wait hun!!
sky
The relief in Gwen's stomach at Fiona's small smile, that even turned into a grin, made her feel a lot more at ease. She hadn't really noticed the tension in herself before that moment, but she supposed it was no surprise that she got a bit tense around people who didn't feel comfortable. Gwen had been called sympathetic more than enough times to know that this was one of the times she truly felt for the person she was talking to. But Gwen had to admit that she thought it was slightly weird that Fiona felt so uncomfortable. She'd seen her enough times hanging out with others from their house, and the team, to know that Fiona wasn't always this quiet. Maybe it really was Gwen that made her uncomfortable, and Gwen could help but think it had something to do with the statute or something like that.

Gwen shrugged the thoughts away before they could fester, because one thing seemed to become clear; Fiona was relaxing more. She nodded at Fiona's explanation of the change in colours and stuff. "Yeah, it's the same with my friend. Sometimes her hair is white as snow, usually when she's really happy. And when she's not so happy, it's a much duller blonde, or even brown." She decided to stop there, because she knew she could sometimes come off as a know-it-all, while she really wasn't. Which was even worse. A hypocrite know-it-all. That was something Gwen really didn't want to be interpreted as, because it was never her intention.

But when Fiona steered the conversation towards Ariel, Gwen didn't really know what else to do but to nod. She'd rather have stayed on the subject of Quidditch and the like, but she didn't know how to sway the conversation without being rude. She didn't mind talking about her friend, but she'd rather get to know Fiona better, than speaking about someone else. But she didn't find it hard to put on a big smile, and feel that familiar pang of excitedness. "Yeah, she's my brother's girlfriend actually! I just found out a few days ago, and he could really use someone like her, because my brother is a bit of a shit sometimes," Gwen said with a joking smile, not letting Fiona know how true that statement actually was, and how much it hurt her. "I suppose all metamorphmagi must be great people though, since I've only met two, and so far, that seems to add up," she added lightly, with a grin.

Gwen's eyes quickly glanced down at her watch. With a slight frown, she looked back up. "I have so much to do today, though. And I hate postponing it. I was thinking I might go to Hogsmeade, but I don't know if I'll have the time," she said casually, knowing this might be interpreted as trying to keep the conversation going. It might even be. But Gwen didn't mind. She knew she'd have to go soon anyway. "What are your plans for today? If you want, I'll be hanging out in the library, probably the entire day, so you could stop by or join me at some point, if you want. I'd probably love the break," she confessed, knowing the books -no matter how interesting- would definitely give her a headache. She also knew she'd said 'if you want' one time too many, but she wanted Fiona to know she didn't have to, if she didn't have the time.

PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE