TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

Just Don't, Ok?, Tag: Adelinde Whortleberry | The Library
Casey Mullane
 Posted: Jul 6 2016, 04:34 PM
Casey Mullane
Slytherin
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
" ... No. Just no."
My parents made me and then ruined my life. Jerks.
Special Ability: Douchebaggery
Liz

@poof

Mid-November, 2035

It was pretty absurd that he was sitting here in a magical library, studying a magical book about a stupid magical subject that he was never going to use in real life. Potions? Really? It was like cooking, except pointless. At least when you wasted your time cooking, you ended up with something delicious. Sure, it didn't last long, and that was frustrating, but at least it was better than some foul-smelling sludge that promised only to give you a tail or something equally unpleasant.

God, this was so dumb. Just like always, Casey was scowling at his schoolwork as he attempted to complete it.

It would have been great if he could have just ignored it and failed out, but he was far too afraid of the parental disapproval that would result from such a choice. What would they do if he got himself kicked out? Would they completely disown him? Or ... worse ... would they find some way to use money and influence to get him back in? Casey practically shuddered at the thought.

So, there really wasn't much he could do aside from sit here with this stupid first-year Potions book, trying to memorize recipes for things that he would literally never, ever need to make. Ever. Ugh. Casey sigh-growled and glared more intensely at his book, as though willing it to back down.

--------------------
Casey | Slytherin | Muggle | 6th-year
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Adelinde Whortleberry
 Posted: Jul 7 2016, 12:41 AM
Adelinde Whortleberry
Inactive
Single
Halfblood
15 YEARS OLD
"Don't even pretend to begin to know me."
Adelinde is a parselmouth from a long line of Dark Wizards. Whether or not she'll live up to her lineage has yet to be seen.
Parselmouth
poof

Was it still November? Ugh. Why couldn’t it be Christmas break already? Then Adelinde wouldn’t have to be studying for Care of Magical Creatures. What a useless subject. It’s not like she planned on getting a pet hippogriff, and there were professionals to take care of issues like gnomes. The class was a waste of her time. Of everyone’s time. If the professor gave her one more poor grade she was going to drop the subject all together. The only reason she took the stupid elective to begin with was because her parents wanted her to. Something about blah blah broadening horizons blah blah.

So she was in the library, studying notes a Ravenclaw gave her out of fear, when she heard a bizarre noise that could only be described as teenage frustration. It was more than enough to tear her away from the book she wasn’t at all interested in. After a quick look around, Adelinde spotted Casey two tables over, staring at a book like he was trying to set it on fire with his mind. That muggle was always angry or whining about something. And, because he insisted on interrupting her pseudo-concentration, that made him fair game to be the new object of her focus.

“Ahem,” she said with a sharp clearing of her throat. “Having trouble, are we?”
PM
^
Casey Mullane
 Posted: Jul 7 2016, 04:58 AM
Casey Mullane
Slytherin
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
" ... No. Just no."
Liz

The throat-clearing surprised him, and the sight of that face pissed him off. It was the chick with the weird name who seemed completely stuck-up and too important for everybody around her. Casey had kept out of her way on purpose, and he was keeping out of her way now. Unfortunately, she didn't seem to want to cooperate with that. She wanted to get up in his business and probably make fun of him and definitely annoy the living daylights out of him.

Also, what was with the royal "we?" That was just plain bizarre. He lifted his gaze from the book to toss an unfriendly look over at Adelinde, one eyebrow arched in skeptical disdain. "No, actually, we're doing just fine. Thanks." He didn't immediately look away, though. He kind of wanted to keep an eye on her, just to be aware of what was about to happen. Would she leave him alone, or would she come over to give him some of her patented holier-than-thou attitude? Was she reaching for her wand? Ever since the encounter with Honora, Casey had been pretty paranoid about other students reaching for their wands.

God, how he hated feeling so constantly at a disadvantage.

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Adelinde Whortleberry
 Posted: Jul 8 2016, 02:24 PM
Adelinde Whortleberry
Inactive
Single
Halfblood
15 YEARS OLD
Adelinde is a parselmouth from a long line of Dark Wizards. Whether or not she'll live up to her lineage has yet to be seen.
Parselmouth
poof

“Oh really?” she asked as she got to her feet in a fluid motion. “Because from the looks of it, you’re trying to bombarda the poor book into next week.” Not that he could, of course, being a muggle and all that. With every word, Adelinde stepped closer to Casey’s table, watching him through cold eyes. He had been a little thorn in everyone’s side since he got to Hogwarts. He should have been grateful to be one of the first muggles ever allowed in a magic school, but no, he’d rather spend his time moping and scowling.

“And what exactly is it,” she asked as she loomed by his side, “That has Mr. Muggle all grouchy?” In a swift motion, she picked up the book and leaned back against the table. After one quick glance at the text, Adelinde’s face practically lit up.

“Merlin’s bear! First Year Potions?” She had to stifle her laugh to avoid the wrath of the librarian. “This is what’s got you stumped?” She looked down at Casey with a look of ‘Really? Really?

“There’s a reason it’s for First Year’s you know – it’s so easy an eleven yeah old could do it.”

Never mind that it was a completely foreign concept to him. Potions were Adelinde’s specialty, and seeing someone falter at the basics was too hilarious.
PM
^
Casey Mullane
 Posted: Jul 9 2016, 09:35 PM
Casey Mullane
Slytherin
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
" ... No. Just no."
Liz

Casey watched warily as the mean girl approached his table. Oh, how he so did not want to deal with this. Especially after the Honora thing. As it turned out, wands didn't even have to be held by their respective witches to cause immense damage, and said witches didn't even have to say a spell to send innocent muggles rocketing across the courtyard in paroxysms of fear.

Not that he had been afraid. Not that he was ever afraid. Casey was totally not ever afraid. Magic was just, you know, a thing. That existed. Totally normal. Not balls-retractingly horrific at all.

He scoffed at her mention of the 'poor book.' "Rest assured that the 'poor book' is just fine," he commented bitterly, shoving it away from him ... just in time for her to snatch it up and discover that it was a first-year Potions text. Great. Just effing great. And she called him 'Mr. Muggle.'

"I have a name, you know," Casey snarled, but that protestation was quickly lost as he stood up and snatched at the book in hopes of taking it back. "Back off, ho! I'm not having any problems with Potions. Now go the fuck away." God, what the hell was her problem??!!??

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Adelinde Whortleberry
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 12:32 AM
Adelinde Whortleberry
Inactive
Single
Halfblood
15 YEARS OLD
Parselmouth
poof

As Casey grabbed for the book, Adelinde swiftly stepped aside and held it further away from him. She was ready to lay a light comment about his hastiness, but then he decided to called her a ho. A. Ho. He called. Adelinde Whortleberry. A ho. Oh no. Oh no, no that would not stand. One of her perfectly-shaped eyebrows rose as a warning sign, the only other sign of expression a lethal curl to her lip when he told her to fuck off.

“Ho?” she repeated coolly. “Did you just call me…a ho?” Each word was spoken with deliberate venom. Still holding the book away from him, Adelinde closed the gap between them so that she was well-within Casey’s personal space. She looked him right in the eye, no sign of backing down showing on her face. She was dead set on either getting the muggle to apologize, or making him wish he had.

“Let me tell you something you daft, boorish flobberworm: the next time you want to start throwing insults, you’d better think about who you’re throwing them at.” Her tone didn’t shift once. “You see this ‘ho’ has a few tricks up her sleeve, and I think it’s in both our best interests that you apologize before I give you a demonstration.”

She wouldn’t actually hurt another student – at least not physically. But Casey didn’t need to know that.
PM
^
Casey Mullane
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 07:41 PM
Casey Mullane
Slytherin
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
" ... No. Just no."
Liz

So, now they were really just doing that little-kid thing. The thing where one kid held the toy up and yanked it away when the other kid tried to grab it. Except the "toy" was, like, the least fun thing on the planet, and there was the whole explosive magic thing to be worried about. And, yes, Casey was worried. Extremely worried.

And yet ... well, he didn't want to apologize! She'd stolen his book! She'd come wandering over with the sole purpose of harassing him! And he was supposed to apologize to her? She was gonna have to do way better than vague threats in order to make that happen.

He cringed a bit as she stepped into his personal space ... like, really close ... but he didn't back down. Not yet, anyway. His gaze flickered to his book. "Not a chance in hell," Casey hissed, his eyebrows drawing together, "ho." And, with that, he was reaching for the book to try to yank it back. It was something of a delicate procedure, given that he didn't want it to look like he was attacking a girl, so he had to be kind of gentle with his grab.

Even though she was totally the one with all the magic and power! Why couldn't the rules be different when you were a muggle dude dealing with magical chicks? Why couldn't you just clock 'em? Man, it just wasn't fair.

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE