TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

When Mistakes Are Painful, Marcus Barrow | Castle Entrance Steps
Marielle Prince
 Posted: Jul 9 2016, 02:36 AM
Marielle Prince
Ravenclaw
Single and too young to mingle
Pureblood Ravenclaw
12 YEARS OLD
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." -Dalai Lama, muggle religious leader
I'm a very happy-go-lucky girl who grew up in a pureblood family. My papa is a distant relative of the late Severus Snape, and my maman is a French Pureblood. I went to a muggle primary school until I got my Hogwarts letter. Check out my application for more info!
Empath
Heather

18 November, 2035 | @Liz

While it was starting to get fairly cold out, Marielle was not going to let that stop her from playing outside. It had only snowed once so far, and she was going to take advantage of the weather before it turned worse. So, when classes were over, especially early on Tuesdays, as the second years only had Transfigurations at 9, she'd come outside after eating a huge lunch of four bread rolls, three slices of thick-cut baked ham, mashed potatoes, sweet yams, carrots, peas, an apple, a banana, and two types of juice.

Before she'd left Ravenclaw Tower, she'd made sure to put on a thick sweater, her pink and white polka dot scarf, a pair of thin pants below her jeans, two pairs of socks, and her thicker boots. She'd grabbed her pink hat with white polka dots and matching gloves as she flew out the door. She'd raced down the circular staircase of Ravenclaw Tower to the entrance hall, quickly crossing outside to the entrance staircase. Climbing up onto the staircase's thick banister was a feat for her, since she was so short, but she did eventually make it to the top of the banister.

She'd seen an older student try this and she was pretty good at gymnastics herself, so she wanted to try it herself. Readying herself, she did a cartwheel down the banister and smiled when she landed on the flat part of the banister at the bottom of the stairs. She ran back up the banister and did it a second time. fist-pumping into the air as she succeeded. By this point, she was exhaling little clouds of breath and the tip of her nose and her cheeks were red. She started climbing up the banister again when her foot hit a patch of frost on the stone that hadn't melted quite yet from this morning. She slipped to the side and fell off the staircase, landing on the soft ground beside the staircase, but her ankle was in serious pain and she cried out when she landed.

It probably hadn't been a good idea to do this when most of the other students were inside at lunch still or in classes. Only the fifth and second year students were off after lunch on Tuesdays. She gripped her ankle and rocked back and forth a little, trying to stifle the soft whimpers that escaped her lips from the pain of her likely twisted ankle (she knew it wasn't broken. She'd broken it before falling off a broom when her papa tried to teach her Quidditch. Broken hurt worse than this).

Marielle Prince

--------------------
user posted image
sig by jett - thanks jett!
PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 11 2016, 04:39 PM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Slutty and Highly Distractible
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
"Hey, hey, hey, hey! Wanna hang out?"
I discovered the outdoors and never went back in.
Special Ability: Sheer Adorableness
Liz

Yessss! Free afternoon! Free afternoons were the best. Marc wasn't sure what he was gonna do once he got outside but, as always, he knew that outside was where he wanted to be. He changed out of his stuffy school uniform and into a bunch of black and yellow insulated fleecey Under Armour stuff. His mum had actually gotten the Hufflepuff crest sewn into some of these workout shirts, which was really sweet but seemed like kind of a waste of money to Marc. But would the woman listen when he explained that he didn't need silly stuff like that? Of course not. She thought it was cute, so she went for it.

Tugging a hat down over his ears, he went bouncing through the corridors to the entrance hall, sliding down the banister on his ass and very nearly tumbling over backwards. That was one of the funnest parts of it, though: almost falling. It gave him a rush. Plus, magic medicine could fix anything, so what was there really to worry about?

Soon enough, Marc was bounding out the front door to take a flying leap down the entrance steps, and then he was about to dart off when something met his ears: a tiny sound. A sad, whimpering sound that hit him right in the heart. Marc turned and went back toward the steps, then poked his head over the banister to see a young girl clutching her ankle and struggling not to cry.

"Hey there," he said, coming around the banister to crouch in front of Mari. "What happened? Did you fall?"

--------------------
Marc | Hufflepuff | 5th-year
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Marielle Prince
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 06:06 PM
Marielle Prince
Ravenclaw
Pureblood Ravenclaw
12 YEARS OLD
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." -Dalai Lama, muggle religious leader
I'm a very happy-go-lucky girl who grew up in a pureblood family. My papa is a distant relative of the late Severus Snape, and my maman is a French Pureblood. I went to a muggle primary school until I got my Hogwarts letter. Check out my application for more info!
Empath
Heather

Yep, doing this by herself was definitely a bad decision. Her ankle had started to swell and had turned a little blue around the outside of her ankle bone. She whimpered again and heard someone ask if she was okay. If she fell. She glanced up and saw a taller, definitely older student crouching in front of her. She whimpered and nodded. "It... It's not broken, just twisted. I did a cartwheel on the banister and slid on some frost. I just wanted to play before snow falls." She pouted softly, pushing her lower lip out.

She'd just wanted to have fun. And then she fell. It was stupid. She was good at cartwheels. The best. And she hardly ever fell. Gymnastics were super fun and she found enjoyment out of flipping around outside, especially over dangerous situations, but she didn't usually fall. The only time she ever fell was during Quidditch. Cuz she was terrible at that. She was awful. Her parents had confiscated the broom they'd bought her the third time they found her trying to fly without their supervision. She'd fallen the previous two times and broken her ankle and then elbow. The third time, when they decided to confiscate her broom, she'd fallen and broken her leg. So she definitely knew what broken bones felt like.

Once she'd calmed down a little after the older student had showed up, she spoke again. "I'm Marielle! What's your name? Why were you outside; it's too cold for a lot of people. Should I go to the hospital wing? You think? I hope not."

Marielle Prince

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 06:11 PM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

Marc's eyes widened, the injury momentarily forgotten. "You did a cartwheel on the banister? Dude, that's badass! Why haven't I thought of that? You're, like, a total champ!" He found himself eyeing the banister, trying to figure out the logistics of doing a cartwheel down it. Could he pull it off?

... Yeah. Yeah! He could totally pull it off!

Oh, wait. That was definitely not the point right now. He was supposed to be helping out, not fantasizing about doing stunts of his own. He returned his gaze to the younger student, then down to her ankle. "Aww, that doesn't look too fun," he pointed out. "But it's a super easy fix! I've done stuff like that a million times."

Marc didn't even remotely consider whipping out his wand and fixing the problem himself, the way plenty of students his age would have done. He was stupid, but not that stupid. He had an understanding of how terrible his magic was. If he shot a spell at this poor kid's ankle, it would probably explode or something. Or grow a tail. Or just disappear entirely.

"Well, I'm Marc, and I always go outside because outside is the best, especially when it's cold and snowy, and yeah, I think I should take you to the hospital wing, but you'll only have to be there for, like, five seconds or something. So ... hop on!" He turned to offer his back to Mari, then hooked his hands beneath her knees to hoist her up for a piggyback ride. It was a simple matter; she was tiny and adorable.

"So, you're a Ravenclaw, huh? You must be super smart. There's no way I could be a Ravenclaw. What's your favorite subject? Do you study, like, all the time? Man, I couldn't do it. No freaking way."

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Marielle Prince
 Posted: Jul 23 2016, 04:47 PM
Marielle Prince
Ravenclaw
Pureblood Ravenclaw
12 YEARS OLD
Empath
Heather

When the older student said she was super cool, except in different words but Mari was a good girl so she wouldn't repeat them, she beamed up at him. She was super cool, wasn't she? Cartwheels off the banister. And she'd done two of them without falling! "I did two without falling! The third time is when I hit the frost. Careful, though. I think it's a little slippery." The last part of her sentence was said in jest, because it was obviously slippery, as she'd twisted her ankle.

Marc. His name was Marc. And she liked him, 'cause he was super funny. She giggled as she wrapped her arms around his neck and he picked her up in a piggyback ride. For a moment, she thought of what it would be like for the two of them to run through the hallways as if they were superheros and she giggled again. "The hospital wing isn't too bad. I just don't like the smell of it, 'cause it doesn't smell like anything good."

He asked her about being in Ravenclaw. If she studied a lot, which she had to scoff at. "I don't study. Sary studies a lot, she's my best friend. I just kind of wing it and hope for the best. Especially in Potions because potions is the worst and stupidest class ever. For someone related to Severus Snape, I really do blow up a lot of cauldrons..." She lamented her ridiculous awfulness at potions again. Then he asked her favorite subject and she perked up a little, "I can't wait for arithmancy and ancient ruins next year! Are you in arithmancy? Is it fun? I think it's fun, but I've only done some silly easy problems that Sary showed me. We're taking arithmancy and ancient ruins together!"

Marielle Prince

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 09:12 PM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

"Oh, is it, now?" Marc replied, equally in jest, as he performed a little slapstick number, pretending to fall flat on his face to make the younger student laugh. He wasn't averse to getting his front all covered in frosty coldness if it made somebody feel better. Based on the sound of her giggles, it was working. Marc grinned as he righted himself again. Then she was on his back and they were making their way back into the castle to head to the hospital wing.

"Nah, you're right," he agreed. "It smells like that weird nasty potion they give you when your throat hurts and your ears are all clogged up. I hate that stuff. I think that must be what troll piss tastes like." It made sense. Trolls were gross, and piss probably didn't taste great, so there it was. Troll piss. Not good.

"Hey, me too! Studying is so boring. I hate it. I only do it at the end of the term if I hafta definitely pass my exam to pass the class. Other than that, I usually just pretend I don't have any homework, and it makes me happy. Potions is all right, I guess. I think it's way better than Arithmancy! Arithmancy is too hard. Too many numbers. But with Potions you just read instructions and follow 'em. I only sometimes make things blow up. You actually really wanna take Arithmancy? Wow. Yeah, you're definitely way smarter than me. I like Care of Magical Creatures best, and then Herbology. Both of those are fun and I'm awesome at 'em without even studying. But sometimes I study for them anyway, just 'cause it's interesting. But don't tell, 'cause that's a secret."

Their voices echoed in the corridors as they chattered away with each other, both in that runaway-train tone that suggested that they just had so much to share that they might never ever stop talking.

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Marielle Prince
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 10:29 PM
Marielle Prince
Ravenclaw
Pureblood Ravenclaw
12 YEARS OLD
Empath
Heather

The older male student was pretending to slip and slide around on the snow. She threw her hands to cover her mouth as she giggled at his silliness. He was super hilarious. She liked him already. Once he'd stood back up straight, he'd picked her up onto his back and she wrapped her arms around his neck, smiling.

He started talking about the hospital wing and what it smells like. She hated that potion too, but mostly because it tasted awful like escargot. Her maman loved escargot but she thought it smelled nasty and rotten and icky. "It smells like escargot. Icky, moldy, yucky. But Marc compared it to troll... pee, except he used a bad word. Blushing, Mari buried her face in the back of Marc's neck. Maman et papa had told her not to use bad words like that so she was super embarrassed when people did.

Then he started talking about classes so she smiled. "Sary likes studying. She does it all the time. I just can't do it. It's sooo boring! Especially when she makes me do potions. Did you know you can put potions ingredients into a cauldron too fast? Too calmly? It's stupid. I'm pretty sure Professor Antonucchi, the older one, can't stand me in his class. I blew up a potion in his face once. He had blue goo all over his face and robes. But Arithmancy will be so fun! I like figuring things out with numbers. But Ancient Runes is the one I expect to be the most hard but most super fun. Maman et papa got me a book for Christmas last year that talks about all of the different runes and what each one means by itself. It's super cool. Have you done anything with ancient runes? The rituals are supposed to be super super cool to create and see used."

As he carried her, she rested her head against the side of his, the two of them travelling through the corridors towards the evil, despicable Hospital Wing.

Marielle Prince

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 28 2016, 11:21 PM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

"Oh my gosh, escargot?" Marc exclaimed, sticking his tongue out. "Isn't that snails? I super don't get it. Are you French? Is that why you have a tiny little accent and know what escargot is like? Who picked up a snail and was like, 'Hey, this looks delicious and I should eat it!' Like ... come on. How do you decide something like that?"

Yeah, that just didn't make any sense at all. But Marc kept listening to Mari and returning with bubbly babbling of his own. "Oh, yeah. Sary sounds all patient. I know people like that, too. I don't know how they do it. Like, there's this muggle student in my house, Gwen? And she studies a ton and somehow remembers it all." And is super crazy wild pretty like whoa.

"Nah, Professor Antonucchi is too nice to hate having anybody in his class. He's, like, I dunno how he does it. He doesn't ever yell. He just gets that strict look and his voice changes when he's annoyed with you but he doesn't yell. And then, the next time, it's like you totally get to start over and he doesn't hate you or anything. But, yeah, I'm not good with figuring things out with numbers. I do kinda like Ancient Runes but it's another one I'm not very smart at. I guess I like things I can reach out and touch, like creatures and plants and stuff. I dunno. Hey, so, are you ready to go super fast?"

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Marielle Prince
 Posted: Jul 29 2016, 07:36 PM
Marielle Prince
Ravenclaw
Pureblood Ravenclaw
12 YEARS OLD
Empath
Heather

He appeared to agree with her sentiment on escargot. It certainly was nasty and disgusting and she definitely could not understand why her parents found it so delicious and delightful. Then, he asked if she was French, which she kind of was. Half-French. So she said, "Oui! Ma maman est French. Papa est English, so I'm half-French. But they both like escargot and I think it's nasty and smelly. They also like Camembert cheese which is nasty, stinky, and runny, gross cheese. Have you had it? It's icky."

"Sary's amazing and super smart, like sometimes, I don't understand why I'm in Ravenclaw, because everyone else studies so much and is so smart. Maman et papa think it's because I know how other people feel. I tried to get the sorting hat to put me in Hufflepuff, but it was adamant that I was best suited to Ravenclaw." Sometimes, she thought her empath ability made her more of a Hufflepuff than a Ravenclaw, but her parents also said she had to be smart to figure out what other people felt and how to make them feel better. She was still skeptical.

When Marc started talking about how nice Professor Pietro Antonucchi was, she buried her face in his neck. The potions professor was probably the nicest professor, which made it doubly worse that Mari kept messing up in his class. He was a great professor; Mari just sucked at potions. And she felt bad because of it, because he was such a great professor. He was kind and caring and considerate, and she just sucked. But then Marc was continuing, so she listened. "Yes! Fast fast fast!" Mari bounced a little in excitement on his back, her legs kicking out in front of her. When she was six, her papa used to run while she was on his shoulders, and she would squeal in delight, clapping her hands. Maman told him not to do that anymore, because it was scary if Mari fell. But Mari remembered loving it and calling it "Super-papa and super-Mari!"

Marielle Prince

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Sep 11 2016, 04:04 PM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

"Oh, man, that's cool! I'm just English. My mum is English. I think my dad's English but I don't really know 'cause he's not around. She never told me that he wasn't, so I guess he is. Oh, man, snails are a big fat 'no,' but camembert? Camembert is good! You gotta eat it right out of the fridge and chop it into little slices and press it onto a cracker. I dunno about it being runny and smelly. That sounds weird. Do they eat it hot or something? My mum just keeps it in the fridge and then we cut off the weird crusty part 'cause that part's gross.

"I don't think you have to study a lot to be smart. Like I think they're different things. Like I'm dumb so if I study a lot I get a little less dumb. But you can be smart without studying a lot. You know? What do you mean, you know how other people feel? Do you know how I feel? Is it, like, part of your magic? I don't have very much magic at all. I think I'm basically a squib, to be honest.

"OK, here we go! Super fast! Hold on!" With that, Marc stopped babbling and started running, making sure to hold on really tightly to Mari's knees where they straddled his back. He ran like the wind, and he also did little ducks and leaps and really hard turns around the corners, just to make it super exciting. It was fun, and it got them to the hospital wing pretty quickly

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE