TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

An Overabundance Of Enthusiasm, Tag: Jack Winston | A Corridor
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 03:42 PM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Slutty and Highly Distractible
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
"Hey, hey, hey, hey! Wanna hang out?"
I discovered the outdoors and never went back in.
Special Ability: Sheer Adorableness
Liz

@Shei

Late November, 2035

Life was so good! Now that Marc's friends knew about the whole boys-are-cute thing, he felt a million times lighter. And soon enough he'd tell his mum, and he was sure that would go just as well as all the rest of them had, because why not? She was chill! Actually, she was a hippie, so he really wasn't anticipating any issues on that front.

OK, so the whole thing with Duncan had been a crash-and-burn type situation, but then he'd gotten that super-awkward apology letter, which was cool. And weird. But cool. And, anyways, there were loads of other candidates for very first boy kiss. Like, super-duper loads. And Duncan seemed to want to use his teeth, so maybe he wouldn't have been the best candidate in the first place.

Marc hummed as he ran recklessly through the hallways. There was finally snow outside - like, legit snow - and if he could be one of the first ones out there and get started on his own fortifications, then he would be boss at the snowball war that was sure to begin at any moment. And, really, that was Marc's biggest concern at the moment: being boss in the snowball war.

He was a pretty simple creature, all told.

Unfortunately, he turned a corner and BAM! His forehead slammed into someone's chin, and said someone went sprawling backward. And said someone seemed to have been carrying way too many books for any self-respecting teenager, at least in Marc's opinion. Also ... ow. He rubbed his forehead and surveyed the dude he had just thrown to the floor.

"Dude ... shit ... I'm sorry! I'm super sorry! Here, lemme ... " He extended a hand down to the stranger.

--------------------
Marc | Hufflepuff | 5th-year
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Jack Winston
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 05:02 PM
Jack Winston
Gryffindor
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Jack liked to think he was a good student. A decent person. He enjoyed Quidditch with his sister, turned his classwork in on time, was kind, if standoffish, to others. So why- WHY- was he constantly burdened with the ability to completely misread people's intentions. He shifted the books in his arms and continued making his way down the hall. He hadn't meant to hurt poor Emmy's heart, but he simply wasn't into her that way. Hell, Jack wasn't really into anyone.

Jack paused at a nearby window. It was snowing. That was probably why his mood was so foul. He wasn't exactly a huge fan of winter, having been born in the late summer. He let out a sigh but before he could move another step someone, or something, barreled into him, sending him flying and knocking his books and papers all around him. Flat on his back he groaned.

He sat up slowly. Everything seemed fine. "Dude ... shit ... I'm sorry! I'm super sorry! Here, lemme ... " He looked up and his breath hitched. The speaker of the voice had the most amazing eyes he'd ever seen. An arm was outstretched to him and numbly he took it. The stranger helped him to his feet and Jack blinked.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 05:22 PM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

Marc helped his hapless victim to his feet, and then looked up and ... was kinda ... floored. Like ... OK. This was a cute boy. No, this was a hot boy. An extraordinarily hot boy. And tall. And how the hell had Marc not seen him before?

He shook his head a little bit to clear it, then glanced down at the guy's robes. Gryffindor. OK. Marc knew some Gryffindors. He knew all kinds of people. This must be one of those super-quiet ones, the ones that sort of faded into the background and ... hid away their ridiculous hotness ...

"Sorry," he said again, and then remembered that there were books and papers everywhere. Because apparently this was the type of person who did schoolwork on weekends like a chump. Well, it was good that the gathering of books and papers gave Marc something to do with his constant frenetic energy. Something other than staring at his new acquaintance.

"Dude, yeah, I was just really excited. 'Cause of the snow, you know? Gotta build a fort so I can wreck everybody with snowballs. Hey, I'm Marc." Most people knew who he was (and he was pretty proud of that), but it never hurt to introduce himself. "You should come build a fort. What's your name? Why don't I know you? What year are you, anyway?"

He probably hadn't been as helpful as he'd hoped, since now he'd gathered a bunch of the other boy's papers into an unseemly stack, with corners jutting out everywhere at odd angles.

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Jack Winston
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 06:00 PM
Jack Winston
Gryffindor
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Jack was staring. Jack knew he was staring. But he just couldn't help it. There goes my theory that I'm not into people. He shook his head in an attempt to bring him to the present. Jack had to get a hold of himself. Even if he was attracted to this boy, and he wasn't quite sure he was, there was no evidence this boy even liked boys. Jack shook his head again. AND they had just met.

Jack bent to help pick up his scattered books. "It's fine." Jack replied, wincing as he noticed an essay he'd been working on was slightly wrinkled. Maybe he should take his sister's advice and invest in a bag.

Then the other was firing off questions too fast for him to follow. Jack blinked. He tilted his head. What he was able to discern was that the boys name was Marc and he was on his way to play in the snow. Jack cast half a glance outside and grimaced at the falling snow. "I'm Jack. Jack Winston. I'm a fourth year in Gryffindor. I keep mainly to myself."

Him play in the snow? He looked back out at the drifts outside. Then back to the books and papers stacked back into their piles and then finally to the boy looking at him with such hopeful eyes.. "I....maybe?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 06:15 PM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

Marc didn't really pick up on the fact that he was kinda overwhelming, because he was oblivious that way. What he mostly did pick up on was the fact that this crazy tall guy was younger than him! Which was totally not fair!

"Huh," he remarked, passing some papers back to Jack. "Fourth-year? Damn. I'm a fifth-year. Not really fair that you're taller than me." Not that he really minded all that much because, well ... turned out that tall was hot. Like, he had a really good view of this kid's Adam's apple ... and it was right at lip level ...

OK, whoa. Huh. That was probably not the best train of thought to let himself get swept away on.

Marc grinned, gesturing through the window at the snowfall, then dropping his gaze to Jack's pile of books and papers. He took a step closer, lowering his voice as though he were about to tell a very important secret. "Hey ... Jack ... you know it's Saturday, right? Sunday's supposed to be frantic homework day. Saturday's supposed to be snow fort day. Plus, I'll let you be on my team, which means you'll totally get to win the snowball war." He arched an eyebrow temptingly.

Yeah, this kid was way too cute to be inside doing homework on a snowy Saturday.

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Jack Winston
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 06:45 PM
Jack Winston
Gryffindor
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Jack went red in the face. He knew what Saturday's were for. Keeping Rachel out of trouble. So what if he preferred to do homework? That meant he could take a Sunday to sleep in and maybe read a book or catch up on the newest business deal his grandfather had signed on for. He wet his lips. Another glance at the stack of papers.

They're half done anyway
. A treasonous voice whispered. And you don't have any friends. Whats the harm? His grades could drop. Then his grandfather would get mad and both he and Rachel would be plucked from school. And they private tutors would.....

Jack shuddered. "I mean... I know its Saturday, but I like to sleep in on Sunday. Get a lazy breakfast with my sister." He trailed off, the excuse sounded lame even to his ears. "But...." Really he could give up one day? His sister would survive too right? He swallowed, Adams's apple bouncing in his throat. "I need to put my books and stuff away." He conceded finally. Besides it would give him an excuse to make a friend. He glanced at Marc. A really cute friend. He frowned and shook his head. Stop that.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 07:13 PM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

This ... was a foreign concept to Marc. How was sleeping in mutually exclusive with frantic homework day? Sleeping in was the best part of frantic homework day! Man, Jack really must have been one of those kids who did his schoolwork, like, for real instead of just dashing it off as quickly as possible the way Marc did.

Huh. Weird.

Ah, well. Marc would show him the light. They would have a hell of a lot of fun building their snow fort and then maybe they'd make out in it. His eyes lit up and he bounced on his toes.

"Awesome! Let's go! So, hey, if you're all smart and homeworky and stuff, you got any archit- ... um ... architext- ... you good at building stuff? 'Cause, see, I always build my fort in pretty much the same way but there's this weak spot at the corner and then it collapses? And then I have to retreat and that's never good. Like, strategy-ish or not, retreat just feels lame, you know?"

As they walked along the corridor, Marc was pretty much jumping for joy internally. He sure as hell didn't know how to go about the whole flirting-with-a-boy thing, but he'd figure it out. He had the utmost faith in himself when it came to socializing.

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Jack Winston
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 08:00 PM
Jack Winston
Gryffindor
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

This kid certainly didn't lack for enthusiasm, that was for sure. Jack smiled as he carried his things. He'd dump them in the dorm room, change and be out in a few moments. It was strange, this feeling of actually doing something with. He glanced at Marc and chuckled as the boy continued to chat away happily at his side. He hardly considered himself 'homeworky'- and he was sure that wasn't even a word- and he had fair intelligence but it was nothing spectacular. "I'm afraid I have little knowledge of architecture. " He informed Marc with a laugh. "But strategy I am good with."

They came to stop outside the Portrait of The Fat Lady. Jack blinked and held up a hand. "Wait here for a second alright? I'll be right back." He gave the password and dashed through the opening. He climbed the stairs and dumped his work onto his bed. He stripped off his robes and they joined his books. He was dressed in his slacks and a button up. So really all he needed to change were his shoes and grab his coat and gloves. He did both fairly quickly.

He leaped down the stairs and dashed back through the entrance. He felt disheveled. He coughed once and smoothed down his clothes. "Are you ready?" He asked pleasantly, despite the flush on his cheeks. Honestly what was wrong with him?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 09:58 PM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

Oh, man. Jack was smiling now and threatening to make Marc go all melty from hotness. But it was cool! Marc could totally play it cool. 'Cool' was practically his middle name. "Oh, good! I'm not so great with strategy. I usually just try to win by brute force. I make, like, this huge pyramid of snowballs, right? And then just BAM BAM BAM BAM BAM! And people go down. It's hilarious. Except then I run out and I have to just like hunker down and get all frantic. But that's fun, too."

He nodded and smiled as Jack ducked past the portrait, then set about looking for a shiny surface he could use as a mirror. There was a suit of armor that worked moderately well. Marc took his hat off, then arranged his hair so that it would look good hanging out from under the hat. Like, framing his face or something. Yeah, he thought that's what that was called. He put the hat back on, then tried to check and see if there was food in his teeth, but that was pretty hard to determine when using a suit of armor as a mirror. Ah, well.

And then Jack reappeared wearing slacks. To go out in the snow. To build a fort. Slacks. Marc almost laughed, but not quite. He managed to hold it in. He decided not to comment on the hot boy's choice of snow clothing, because he didn't want to make Jack decide to stay inside after all. "Ready!" he confirmed. "So, you usually, like, do schoolwork on Saturdays? And that's why I've never seen you before?"

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Jack Winston
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 11:00 PM
Jack Winston
Gryffindor
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Jack smiled. He was excited and he pulled his gloves from his jacket pocket. "To be honest the only time I had a snowball fight, I hit my sister with one snowball and it was all over." Jack remembered that day. They'd been playing in the outdoor gardens. Giggling as they hid among the bushes covered in snow. "Unfortunately Grandmother saw the snowball connect and I had to listen to her shriek for the next hour." Jack laughed.

Jack fell in step matching the slightly shorter boys steps. He didn't like winter, he couldn't remember why, but he knew he didn't. He glanced at Marc. But maybe he could learn to have some fun?

His face flushed again. "Like I said. I keep to myself mostly. And its not just school work. I'm training to take over the family when I graduate and that includes a lot more knowledge about both Wizard and Muggle business practices." Jack was a little behind on the latter but almost knew the former by heart. He could feel himself getting tired just thinking about the stacks of papers awaiting him when he went home for break.

Okay, yeah. He needed a small distraction.

"What about you?" Jack had to get off him. Also he was genuinely curious about his new acquaintance.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 11:14 PM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

"Oh Merlin, does your grandmother, like, not believe in fun? Man, I hope I'm never like that when I'm old. I'mma be that chill grandpa who lets you laugh at him and doesn't ever yell at you." Hah. Like Marc knew anything about grandparents. He was completely talking out of his ass. Marc had his mum, and that was it. Her parents hadn't spoken to her since she decided to stick with him instead of them.

It was cool. He was better off without them. He only sometimes wished he had more family members.

This time, Marc noticed Jack's blush, but he had no idea what to make of it. It was all cool though. He just kept smiling and kinda bouncing along next to his new friend. Marc wasn't good at just regular walking. He was usually running or doing this weird, hyper bounce-type thing.

"Business?" he gaped, eyes wide and mouth falling open. "Dude, that's like ... yeah, you need to throw some snowballs or you might explode or something. Me? I'm not gonna do business. I'm gonna do dragons. Figure out how to get a job with dragons and be this big badass dragon guy. It's gonna be so cool. Did you know that Hungarian Horntails can swing their tails at speeds of up to seventy kilometers per hour?"

Marc suddenly sounded smart, but only for a moment. It tended to happen when he was reciting a dragon fact (the only kind of facts that ever lingered in his head).

Then they were at the top of the steps down into the entrance hall, and Marc thrust an arm out to halt his new friend. "STOP! We hafta slide down the railing."

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Jack Winston
 Posted: Jul 13 2016, 03:26 PM
Jack Winston
Gryffindor
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Jack grimaced. "Yeah. No. My grandmother considers galas and gossip to be the very peak of 'fun'." He shook his head. Eloise Winston was a cantankerous old woman. A throwback to the time when one's blood status was seen as a determination of worth. Her husband was truly no better, save for the fact the man considered the muggles to be of monetary value.

'Cheap labor Jack, my boy. They hardly know the value of our money system and have no idea how much I'm paying them. Almost like house-elves, haha.'

Jack made a face. He hadn't a clue on how his father had been born from such a man. Jack wet his lips before shaking his head. "Dragons." He gave a thoughtful hum. "Now there's something cool. I've found them fascinating, if terrifying." His parents had taken them to Romania once, to see the dragon herds at least one in their lives. He'd been seven. They'd been giant. The trainers had cautioned them away and kept them at a distance. Rachel had cried and buried herself in Father's robes. He smiled, happy to remember that.

Marc made them pause at the top of a staircase banister. Jack looked at him dumbfounded as he made his request. Slide? Down the bannister? "But that's dangerous!" He blurted out and then clapped a hand over his mouth. Dear Merlin, could he sound any more like a six year old?

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 13 2016, 11:14 PM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

Marc snort-laughed at the word "galas," then put on his snootiest fake stuck-up-person accent. One hand twirled in the air like he was swirling a glass of brandy, and the other went to his eye to indicate a monocle. "Mmm, yes, dahling, tonight's gala is much nicer than last night's. Last night's caviar wasn't even properly broasted." Marc hadn't the slightest clue what "broasted" meant, but he was pretty sure that it was a fancy thing you could do to food. And caviar was a fancy food.

Then he threw away the "brandy glass" and "monocle" and tossed his most charming grin up at Jack. "Yeah, count me out. If it's anything like a party, they usually call it a party. Not a gala. Anyway, next time you go back to her place, you should throw a snowball at her. Just to see what happens."

Honestly, Marc didn't have the capacity or experience even to begin to comprehend what Jack's grandparents were like. Undoubtedly, someday, he would be shocked by the discovery, but for the moment he was content just to move ahead with his innocent, idealized mental image of them.

Terrifying? Wait a minute ... his eyes widened absurdly. "Have you seen dragons? Like, in real life? REALLY REAL LIFE? UP CLOSE?" Dude ... the thought was just insane. Marc would KILL A MAN TO SEE DRAGONS. TEN MEN. WITH HIS BARE HANDS.

Then Jack exclaimed that sliding down the railing was dangerous, and Marc arched an eyebrow and offered a cocky grin. "Right," he agreed, "that's what makes it fun. Want me to go first?" He didn't wait around for a reply, though. He just went for it, sliding on his ass, whooping and yelling with his arms out to either side as though he were surfing.

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Jack Winston
 Posted: Jul 13 2016, 11:43 PM
Jack Winston
Gryffindor
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Jack laughed at Marc's imitation. Apparently there were quite a few stereotypes when it came to 'galas' that he'd never thought about. "Monocles have been out of fashion for centuries." He said with a shake of his head and a grin on his lips. "those that wear them are either new money or some odd eccentric that everyone stays away from and gossips about." His grandmother was usually the instigator of such gossip. "And you don't broast caviar. You salt it, and serve it as a spread. I've never been a big fan of it myself."

Jack looked away from Marc for a moment. "Well, My family sort of....all live together." He said evasively. Actually most of the Winston line lived in the same house. Direct heirs did anyway. Cousin Bartholomew and his line actually lived somewhere in London, drinking away their stipends. "I don't think I'd live if I threw a snowball at the old bat." He muttered darkly. His face brightened as they returned to dragons.. "Mother and Father took us to Romania when we were six. I got to see the trainers there and how they interacted with the dragons. Very cool. Slightly terrifying. Extremely exhilarating."

He glanced at Marc who had this sort of weird grin on his face. He gave him a worried frown. "Why do I feel as though your-" But it was let out as a gasp as Marc hopped up onto the banister and slid his way down. Jack dashed down the stairs after him. He could hear and see Marcus slightly in front of him, whooping and laughing all the way down. When both boys had reached the end of the stairs Jack took a second to catch his breath before dashing over to his new...friend?

"Are you hurt?" He asked looking Marc over with concern in his eyes.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 12:24 AM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

"What? Seriously? What's the point of being rich and going to galas if monocles aren't a thing? Dude ... talk about disappointing." Marc shook his head, then laughed aloud at the part about how caviar was actually served.

"Oh, so 'broast' is a real word, then? I wasn't totally sure. Kinda worried I'd made it up, actually." He wiped fake sweat off his brow. Marc was really hitting his stride here with setting his conversational partner at ease. All you really had to do was keep talking and making dumb jokes, and everything usually went smoothly.

He didn't quite know what to make of the family all living together. Probably that meant that the grandparents were sick and demented in some way, and needed to be taken care of, and that just made Marc feel kinda guilty for making fun of the grandma. He imagined a family with two parents and grandparents all living in a flat the size of the one he shared with his mum. Not comfortable.

Yeah, he should just drop the family subject. Seemed kinda uncomfortable. That could wait for later after they'd gotten to know each other better and made out.

"Dude. I am so jealous. I kinda hate you a little bit for that. Not really, though. But a little."

When he got to the bottom of the railing, Marc did a practiced dismount, landed on his feet, and burst into unbridled, joyous giggles. He was surprised when he heard Jack's voice and saw him standing there. "Huh?" Marc replied, confused. "Nah, dude, I'm fine! It's awesome! You ... don't wanna try it?"

Yeah, he didn't remotely understand why Jack had elected to run down the stairs after him instead of waiting for his turn to slide the railing.

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Jack Winston
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 12:56 AM
Jack Winston
Gryffindor
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Jack ignored him and kept checking him over. All he could see was Rachel sliding down the railing ans smashing into the antique porcelain vase at the foot of the stairs. There had been so much blood. She'd been crying so hard. He let his eyes roll over Marc one more time before sighing in relief. He was alright. No cuts or scratches, the boy looked positively chipper.

Jack took a step back and muttered 'thank-goodness' under his breath. He shook his head and turned away. "I....no. I don't think sliding down a banister rail to be much fun." Oh no, was he going formal again? No, no, no. He was supposed to be having fun!

He flashed Marc a smile. "I think I'd rather get to the snowball fight. Or hear more about dragons. When we were in Romania I barely paid attention because I wanted to get closer. The trainer, some red-headed fellow kept dragging me back and laughing. Mother didn't find it as amusing."

Jack frowned as his head gave a tiny twinge. He brought his hand to rub at it. Not here. Not now. He begged silently. Slowly the pain faded and he shook his head and smiled again. "So," he gestured down the hall. "After you?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 05:28 AM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

Marc watched, a bemused expression on his face, as Jack finished checking him over for injuries. "Dude," he pointed out with a grin, "I'm really fine. Didn't fall or anything. Landed on my feet. Everything's A-OK." Not that he didn't enjoy being so thoroughly scoped out, of course. It brought Jack closer to him, and that was definitely a plus.

Man, this kid was easily worried, though! He needed some sort of stress relief. The snowball fight was gonna do him a lot of good ... or it was gonna scare him right back into the indoors, but that was a risk worth taking.

Marc shrugged. "All right, but you're missing out. It's a nice rush. ... Maybe some other time." Oh, Merlin, that smile! That was a hell of a smile. Marc couldn't help returning it. "Yeah, let's do this!" he agreed, leading the way outdoors. As they walked, he rattled off facts about Norwegian Ridgebacks, specifically how to tell them apart from Hungarian Horntails and the very interesting fact that they were unique among dragons in their preference for feasting on water mammals.

Once they were outside, Marc seemed to turn up his bouncy energy even further. There was snow on the ground, and still more falling, and they'd beaten most of the other kids outside so they had their pick of fort locations, and everything was perfect! "Oooh, come on!" he exclaimed, darting ahead of Jack. "This blind corner is the best!" With a running leap, Marc went skidding into a snowdrift, lost his hat, yelped as the snow got to his ears, and tugged the hat back onto his head, thereby ruining his carefully-arranged hair fringe.

"You can get so many good sneak attacks from here!" he pointed out enthusiastically.

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Jack Winston
 Posted: Jul 24 2016, 01:16 AM
Jack Winston
Gryffindor
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Jack allowed himself to be dragged outside. He watched as Marc ran and flung himself into the snow. His feet were rooted at the moment to the stone where the castle met the outdoors. There were kids outside playing in the snow already, red noses and laughter. He heard Marc yelp as he lost his hat.

That was kinda cute. He hid a smile behind his hands. The memory floated, unbidden to his mind.

"Ithn't it pwetty Jackie?"Rachel's smiling six year old face beamed up at him from where she was bent. Her blue eyes were bright and her smile was wide. Jack felt his lips answer with a grin of his own. Rachel grinned and tugged him into the outdoor gardens. They landed in a snow drift, cold and wet but laughing.

With a great whoop, that was completely unlike him, Jack launched himself into the snow. Marc was talking about a defensible position but Jack wasn't paying attention. He fell onto his back and waved his arms and legs. A snowangel

Finally he stood up and looked where Marc was pointing. "Lead the way," he said happily.

A precious memory. One I hope I never forget. He looked at MArc and smiled again. I hope I get to make more.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 24 2016, 02:53 AM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

Marc was totally surprised by the reckless whoop that came out of his new hot friend. Surprised, but he loved it. It was such a fun sound. So Jack could make those sorts of sounds! Excellent. That was good to know. He turned and watched, laughing joyously as Jack launched himself into the snow to make a snow angel.

Snow angels were nice. Marc and his mum always used to make them together. The hardest part was standing up without messing them up, but Jack was all graceful and seemed to manage it effortlessly. Treading as carefully as possible, Marc grabbed a stick, made his way over to Jack's snow angel, and traced a halo in the snow above its head.

"Perfect!" he exclaimed. Then he added the word JACK, but it was upside-down in comparison to the snow angel because Marc was standing above its head and he wasn't so great at writing upside-down. And then he realized what he'd done and kinda blushed. "Upside-down is the way the cool kids do it," he joked.

Poking fun at yourself was totally the best way to deal when you accidentally did something that made it clear that you were functioning at, like, the intelligence level of a five-year-old.

Then he grinned at Jack and cocked his head in the direction of the blind corner he'd darted toward earlier. "OK, check this out. Over here, you can get in surprise attacks on all the kids who come walking past from the front steps. And professors, too. That's especially funny. But only the Potions Antonucchi, not the Transfiguration one. And Price is funny, and Longbottom. But don't hit Hawthorn."

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Jack Winston
 Posted: Jul 24 2016, 03:15 AM
Jack Winston
Gryffindor
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Jack's lips twisted as he watched his new found (and very cute) friend etch a halo and his name above his snow angel. Sure it was upside-down, but that was fine. Jack couldn't remember having this much fun and they'd only just stepped outside. Marc was babbling again and Jack couldn't help the smile from getting bigger. "I wouldn't know." He said, amusement coloring his voice. "I never really was a 'cool kid'."

Marc was pointing out who to and who not to pelt with snowballs. Jack tilted his head. The Potions professor was game but not the Transfiguration brother? That seemed wierd. He didn't know a 'Price.' But...."Longbottom?" He blurted. "Like Celia Longbottom?" If it was one and the same, no way was he going to throw a snowball at her. Rachel would never let him have a moments sleep.

He shifted frowning. Thinking on it, he probably should have changed his slacks into something a little warmer. His were starting to get... wet. And cold. He glanced at Marc. The boy was smiling at him and his face felt warm.

He glanced away. What is wrong with me? Am I getting sick? A fever?

He bent and scooped up a bit of snow carefully trying to mold it into a ball. A wicked idea passed through his mind. He shook his head. Maybe later. He thought with a sly glance at Marc.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE