TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

... Are You Serious Right Now?, Tag: Jessie Meadows | A Courtyard
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 24 2016, 05:13 PM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Slutty and Highly Distractible
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
"Hey, hey, hey, hey! Wanna hang out?"
I discovered the outdoors and never went back in.
Special Ability: Sheer Adorableness
Liz

@StressedPeach

Mid-December, 2035

Yeah, it was cold out, but that's what gloves and hats and scarves were for! Plus all the extra buttons Marc's mum had added to the front of his cloak. And he was always so full of energy, anyway, that he just ran hot. It was a thing that had always happened. So, when classes ended for the day, Marc found himself darting out to the nearest courtyard, just to breathe some fresh air and chill out a little bit.

Unfortunately, some other people didn't seem to be as into the whole idea of "chilling out." First, Marc heard laughter, and then he looked up to see three fifth-years in a little cluster around a second-year. One of them shoved the little boy down, seemingly just for the hell of it, and he started to cry. Now, that was some serious bullshit right there. Some people were just ... wow. Marc didn't get it. What was fun about making anybody cry, let alone a little kid?

Huh. This feeling was anger. It wasn't one Marc experienced all that often, but when it rose, it rose hotly. He felt all twitchy, like his veins were filling up with something he didn't quite understand. He made a beeline for the little group of jerks, shouldered his way between two of them, and grabbed the little kid's hand to help him to his feet before tugging him against his side.

"Guys," Marc pointed out, "that's super not cool. You're acting like serious dicks right now. Lay off."

Aaaaand that was when one of the bullies surprised Marc by punching him in the face.

--------------------
Marc | Hufflepuff | 5th-year
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Jessie Meadows
 Posted: Jul 24 2016, 05:46 PM
Jessie Meadows
Hufflepuff
Single and looking.
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
You move on when your heart understands that there is no turning back.
N/A
No Special Ability
Jess

Despite the crisp, sharp feeling in her lungs, Jessie took another moderate sized breath. Who didn't like that feeling? You could practically taste the festivities. The thought of Christmas nearing sent her into an excited fit. If it wasn't so cold, she might have claimed that her goosebumps were from anticipation.

Of course, her good mood didn't seem destined to last very long. Her brisk walk in the courtyard came to a halt as she saw some boys, a year her junior, shove a younger boy down. Anger bubbled in her stomach. About to step in, the diminutive badger stopped at the sight of Marc. Oh no, she grumbled to herself, This could end either exceptionally well, or unsurprisingly not well.

At that thought, the poor kid was nailed in the face.

Before a full fledged brawl came upon them, Jessie snatched the second year aside. "Hey kiddo, everything's okay. Run inside, and grab some hot cocoa. It's nippy out here. So, go warm up," she said, crouching to be eye level with the red faced youngster. Once he took off, she turned her attention to Marc, and the aforementioned bullies. "Jesus, Marc. Couldn't you have waited till I made it over here?"

Not wanting to wait on his reply, she turned to the fifth years surrounding them. "Are you really so insecure about yourself that you need to torment someone years younger than you?" she hissed, glaring at each individual.

--------------------
Jessie Meadows ( App -- Plotter -- Tracker )
PMEmail
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 24 2016, 06:11 PM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

Marc reeled backward, the violence having taken him completely by surprise. Which was silly, because these jerks had just shoved down a little kid, so why wouldn't one of them punch him? So then he just stood there in complete bafflement, his hand over his face, his jaw hanging open. This was just so weird!

"Right," he managed, "well, at least now you're picking on someone your own size." It was the closest he could get to a witty rejoinder in his current state of confusion. It didn't really occur to him to hit back because, well ... he didn't know how to, for one thing ... but it also really wasn't in his nature. Bludgers, sure. Hurling his fist directly into someone else's face? Not so much.

Thank goodness Jessie showed up, because Marc's brain had pretty much stopped functioning. After she sent the little boy away, Marc stepped up behind her and crossed his arms over his chest like the most useless bodyguard ever. "Hey, if I'd known you were coming, I would probably not have gotten my pretty face all messed up." He felt kinda dizzy, actually. Being punched in the face was an intense experience. Not quite on the level of half-drowning and being saved by a hot professor, but close-ish.

Fortunately, the jerk dudes seemed to have enough good sense not to punch a girl, but that didn't keep them from getting all defensive about being called "insecure." It was hard to keep track of what they said, since they were all talking at once and puffing their chests out like complete losers, but Marc definitely heard one of them call Jessie a not-very-nice word. He stepped forward, lost his balance to the post-punching dizziness, and caught himself heavily with a hand on Jessie's shoulder.

"Dude, shut the hell up!" Yeah, he was getting really cranky now. The next step of escalation would be dropping f-bombs. With any luck, they wouldn't get to that point.

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Jessie Meadows
 Posted: Jul 24 2016, 06:37 PM
Jessie Meadows
Hufflepuff
Single and looking.
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
No Special Ability
Jess

She scowled at the name-calling, but felt that it was in their best interest if they just left. Jessie could handle it, well, more like ignore it. Nearly losing her balance as Marc shifted his own balance to her shoulder, she glanced up at him, "Let's find a bench for you to sit on, alright man?"

Before completely out of earshot of the bullies, she threw her head back and shouted, "Hey, let me know when your balls drop. Then I won't feel bad about punching that ugly mug." The group shuffled away, grumbling about how their balls had dropped. "Marc," she breathed, struggling to carry his weight to the bench nearby. "How's your head? I can get you some snow? There's a bunch of snow?! I mean I can just scoop it up." All of her faux bravado had vanished, and was now replaced with concern.

Her relationship with Marc was a complicated one. Close friends, who had experienced some romantic affection at one point isn't unheard of. But friends who had acted upon those feelings, and continued to have a friendship afterward? Nearly mythical.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 24 2016, 07:56 PM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

"Uh ... uh, yeah. A bench would be good." His little half-yelling outburst had made the dizziness way worse. Marc felt a little bit like his brain was rattling around inside his skull. It was a completely bizarre sensation, and he was starting to feel a bit like maybe he was gonna hurl. Which he really didn't want to do in front of his hot friend. Especially not after his little drowning incident, during which he'd realized that, dude, he could die at any moment and still be a virgin and how lame would that be?

He guffawed at her comment about balls dropping, but couldn't think of anything clever to add, so he just said, "Right on!" Then he had to put most of his focus on not knocking Jessie down. He had eight inches on her, which made it a little inconvenient that now she was supporting quite a bit of his weight. The wooziness was only growing, and as soon as they got close enough, he let go of Jessie and collapsed in relief on the bench. No falling down, and no puking. Excellent!

"Um, snow would be awesome, actually. Thanks." He watched as she set about scooping up some snow, once again pressing his hand to where the punch had landed. He could feel his face getting all puffy there. When he probed with his fingertips, it was tender and painful.

Maybe he could leverage this into some make-out sessions, though. It probably wouldn't work on Honora, but it might work on Jack ... possibly ...

Like, the hero thing was hot, right? Yeah, totally.

He was never quite sure about whether Jessie would wanna make out with him, though. They'd done it before, and it had gone well - at least, as far as he could tell - but then they'd just sort of moved on with life? And, yeah. He didn't know what the situation was there.

"Thanks," Marc said again. "Gotta admit, I've never been punched before, and it looks a lot less major in the movies. Like, movie heroes are always walking it off, and I feel like my head is spinning. It's pretty weird. I guess I would make a crappy Batman."

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Jessie Meadows
 Posted: Jul 24 2016, 08:16 PM
Jessie Meadows
Hufflepuff
Single and looking.
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
No Special Ability
Jess

She giggled quietly, as she crouched down to collect snow. Thank goodness she chose to wear gloves today. "Well, I'm going to be honest with you. I can't say you took it graciously. But it's gonna be a major booster to your ego, I can tell."

Standing up once more, she shook her head at him, "I don't know why they act like that. There's so much more to do around here, than to pick on a little kid." Sitting beside him on the bench, she relayed to him," This is going to be cold but, you'll look better with my hand covering half of your face. Not waiting for him to speak, she pressed the cold clutch of snow against his red, and quickly reddening face. Droplets were already falling down to his neck.

"By the way, don't even think about sympathy make outs. It won't work on anyone in their right minds."

It would have worked on her, a long time ago. Feelings fade, and friendships either disintegrate or become stronger. Luckily they kept their friendship. Maybe it wasn't healthy, considering they never talked about what happened. They didn't need to explain themselves or try to apologize. That's why they had such a good friendship. She never got jealous when he had a new beau, and she was sure he wouldn't get jealous either, if she ever found someone.Happiness and obliviousness go hand in hand sometimes.

"So, Marcy-Moo, how's life been? Anyone new in your life? Talk to me, my brave friend," she teased, poking his swollen face.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 01:14 AM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

"Yeah," Marc agreed, "coulda taken it worse, though! I mean, I coulda beaten them up with my huge Quidditch muscles but, you know ... it didn't seem fair. Didn't want to accidentally cause permanent damage." With the uninjured side of his face, Marc waggled an eyebrow and grinned. Random setbacks never really bugged him for too long. It was generally a simple matter for him to slip right back into ridiculous-dumb-joke mode.

He nodded in agreement about not understanding why people decided to pick on little kids. "They're losers," he commented, before flinching under the intense cold of the snow and exclaiming, "Holy ... wow! That is ... really something, right there." But it started to numb him pretty quickly, and that was nice, so after the initial flinch he did his best to stay still and let her hold the snow in its proper place.

And then ... well, wow. It was like she read his mind. She really did know him pretty well, huh? Good thing his face was already red from the cold, because there was definitely a bit of blushing going on after Jessie totally called him out. He sputtered, "Who, me? I mean ... I'm a gentleman ... no way was I ... " and then he gave up.

"Really? It won't work? Not even if I do the eyebrow thing? Man, that sucks." That ... was a disappointment to hear, actually. But he'd probably still try it anyway, because Marc wasn't great at listening to intelligent advice, especially when he thought he might be able to get smooches out of not listening to it.

He grinned at "Marcy-Moo" and the poke, and it barely hurt due to the highly useful snow-numbness. "Well, I made a new friend who is crazy hot. But I'm assuming he's straight, since most guys are. So that's a little rough. He's cool, though! Like, seems super uptight at first and then cuts loose a little bit. There were snowballs. It was fun. Aaaand, I told my mum about the whole 'bi' thing, and she didn't even pretend to be surprised." Sure, he could give her the update on classes or whatever, but that wasn't the kind of stuff that lingered in the forefront of his mind. "What about you, damsel in shining armor?"

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Jessie Meadows
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 01:43 AM
Jessie Meadows
Hufflepuff
Single and looking.
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
No Special Ability
Jess

She rolled her eyes, but smiled nonetheless. At the mention of his muscles, Jessie allowed herself to glance down, and inwardly approved of them. "I'll take your word for it. Don't go trying to prove it to me. You have a shiner right now, you don't want anymore."

Marc, in general, was an attractive guy. With a goofy sense of humor too. She no longer felt any romantic attraction to him, but Jessie did have moments of weakness, where her hormones got the best of her.

After a moment or two, she pulled her hand off of his face, slinging the slush back onto the ground. It was still quite red, but maybe the temperature around them would ease the swelling a bit. It was an impressive injury. Honestly, she was surprised that he had stayed conscious during that heated exchange.

She scoffed, knowing good and well he had been planning to get some sympathy smooches."Maybe you'll get lucky," she teased, leaning against his side. What? It was cold after all. "A hottie, eh? It's always fun finding a new hottie." Or an old crush, she thought to herself, thinking back to Matthew. Shaking her head, as if to clear the thoughts from her brain, she sighed outwardly. "Me? No. It's kind of hard to think about anyone else when I have such a hunk beside me," she joked.

Screw it
, she thought to herself. Matthew was in a committed relationship, and she didn't see anyone else knocking at her door. Why the hell not? She hadn't had a proper flirt in months, let alone a snog.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 03:22 AM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

"Yeah, I think keeping it to just one shiner is the best 'manly, grrr, badass' look. Any more and I'd just look pathetic. Like I lost a fight or something," he finished lightly, waving one hand as though it were just an impossible idea that he could ever lose a fight. The way he literally just had.

Jessie removed the snow, and Marc touched his face gently. "Thanks," he said, "that helped a lot." The side of his face was all numb and weird, and he could feel that it looked funny, and the whole situation around it was generally bizarre. But, hey, he figured it would end up looking pretty badass, so he was down.

And then ... wait a minute ... was Jessie, like, legit hitting on him? She was leaning against him, and then she called him a 'hunk,' and that was pretty cool, and she was maybe just joking, but how was he supposed to tell?

Crap, Marc was terrible at reading people! He honestly couldn't tell whether she was just joking with him or not. And it didn't help that, lately, he was completely hormonal all the time. His mum had taught him all the stuff he was supposed to remember, so he knew he wasn't supposed to just dive in for the make-out ...

So, since she was leaning against him, he just sort of shifted his arm so that it was kinda behind/around her, and tilted his face so that it was very much accessible to hers. She'd already closed a lot of the distance between them, so that was convenient. Marc offered his most winning smile. "Yeah, I have that effect on people," he joked before getting more serious. "But, just like always, you're pretty damn gorgeous yourself."

He maintained eye contact with Jessie and did his little half-smile, the one that usually got him kissed when he used it at moments like this.

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Jessie Meadows
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 02:40 PM
Jessie Meadows
Hufflepuff
Single and looking.
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
No Special Ability
Jess

Yes, she was aware that he would more than willingly to snog the life out of her. And yes it might have been a bit harrowing to play him like that. She was nearly certain he wouldn't mind though. Nothing would come of it, and they would be back to being buds the very next day. Let's be honest, it had been far too long for Jessie.

"Me? Don't lie," she murmured, her skin prickling in anticipation. Jessie thought of herself as cute. Gorgeous? Not as much. She was confident enough to get by. Maybe her lack of self-esteem stemmed from lack of a relationship.

Glancing around the courtyard, she felt a bit of solace when she didn't see anyone around them. She wasn't embarrassed by him, not exactly. But Marc had a reputation, and Jessie would prefer to stay off of that list of his. Not to mention, if Matthew were to find out, it might shake things up between them. Oh, wait. That wouldn't matter, she thought. Kicking herself for thinking about him, she turned her attention back to Marc.

As Marc gazed down at her, she felt her cheeks warming. There weren't any butterflies, nor were there any sparks. Just a rush of gut-wrenching adrenaline you get before you get the life snogged out of you. It wasn't going to be a life changing encounter, but it was a great way to kill time.

"Well, what are you waiting for? I thought you would jump on the opportunity to kiss me again," she teased, carefully closing the distance between the two. Jessie turned slowly, so that her body was facing his. It was quiet difficult to kiss sideways, especially since she was several inches shorter than he.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 04:20 PM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

Pffft. What was it with girls, always thinking they weren't as pretty as they really were? Marc did not get it. When he looked in the mirror, he had a grand old time fiddling with his hair, cocking his eyebrows, and generally making 'how YOU doin'' gestures at himself. He usually felt like a hottie, and didn't experience any sort of pressure to get manlier or get a haircut or whatever.

But then he'd be sitting with a girl and telling her she was gorgeous, and she'd be all like 'No, I'm not, don't be silly,' and he'd just be thinking, 'Uhh ... wouldn't have said it if I didn't think it!' But, no, girls couldn't take that shit at face value. So you just had to say it over and over again and hope that maybe someday they'd figure it out.

And Jessie was gorgeous. He'd said it, he'd meant it. Silly girls. They were weird.

"I never lie about important things like that," Marc pointed out. With that statement, he reached out to brush a strand of her hair back away from her face. It was all soft and shiny and nice and it smelled good. Hell, yeah.

And then a little bell rang in his head, the one that his mum had instilled there over the years: the one that said 'CONSENT' over it in big letters. Yeah, she'd made her intention clear. It was time for some kissing! "Jumping," he confirmed before initiating the kiss. The hand that had been on her hair moved to her cheek, and his other hand pressed against the small of her back, and then there they were, making out in the courtyard.

Marc was definitely digging every second of it. The punch to the face was completely forgotten.

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Jessie Meadows
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 11:33 PM
Jessie Meadows
Hufflepuff
Single and looking.
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
No Special Ability
Jess

...And just like that, they were snogging in the courtyard. Jessie was very well aware of his hand on her lower back. It felt both wrong, and right. But mostly wrong. It definitely wasn't the soulmate kiss you read about in books, or watched in all the muggle movies. Was it wrong of her to encourage such a pass time? The hopeless romantic in her pleaded for it to end, but the horny teenager egged her on.

All the while, she couldn't stop her mind from wondering to Matthew. Jessie could easily imagine that it was his arms around her. His hand on her back and on her cheek. But that was fair to Marc, and she knew it.

To hell with it, she thought. She was a teenager. She was allowed meaningless snogs occasionally. He wasn't sworn to anyone, neither was she. Nonetheless, Jessie felt as if she were trying to convince herself that this was okay.

Softly inhaling, she pressed against Marc, practically asking for more. Silently asking what else he had to offer. Her arms quickly snaked around his neck; fingers gently tugging at the base of his hairline. Her teeth found his bottom lip, playfully nipping at it.

He was a great kisser, she'd give him that.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 26 2016, 12:27 AM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

Unlike plenty of people his age, Marc didn't have any pretty ideals about hooking up. You didn't have to be dating a person, or wanting to date that person, in order to make out. Hooking up was fun and light and experimental. It was something that, he assumed, all kids his age wanted to do and acted on. So there was no thought in his head that having a random make-out with Jessie necessarily had to change their relationship.

That said, though, he did always assume that the people he hooked up with were hooking up with him. Not thinking about different guys. So, right now, Marc was completely focused on Jessie. He wasn't thinking about Jack, or Honora, or Professor Antonucchi, or any of the girls he'd made out with in the past. For whatever amount of time he spent making out with her, he and Jessie would be the only two people who existed.

Which made it kind of inconvenient that she was thinking about another dude, but at least Marc didn't know that. For the time being.

As she pressed against him, Marc returned the pressure, deepening the kiss as he buried his hand in her hair again and tugged ever so lightly. Halfway forgetting that they were in a courtyard, since it was cold and therefore quiet and empty, he started scattering kisses across her cheek and onto her neck while the hand that was on the small of her back began to make its way downward.

Had he been a little less hormonal (hah), he might have realized that he was escalating things kinda quickly, but instead he said, "You know, we could sneak out later. If you want."

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Jessie Meadows
 Posted: Jul 26 2016, 01:46 AM
Jessie Meadows
Hufflepuff
Single and looking.
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
No Special Ability
Jess

Jessie wasn't even thinking at the moment. Enjoying the feeling of having man hands all over her, her mind was a wonderful, blank slate. His descending hand almost sent her spiraling out of control. She laughed quietly, not realizing that he was being completely serious. Breathless, she pulled away long enough to murmur, "You were being serious?"

user posted image

"Marc, that's not g-going to happen," she stammered, face red from the psychical activity and also from the anger bubbling from her gut. "I'm not like that. You know that. I mean, I just- That's not me. Why would you ev-," she continued to ramble on, pulling away from his grasp. The look of confusion on his face pained her, but she was beyond stopping.

Jessie wasn't sure if she was angry at herself, or at Marc. She should have known better, but then again, he should have too. She didn't have to kiss him, she didn't want to. Jessie was just lonely. Maybe she was only so upset because it was Marc, of all people, who suggested such a thing. Maybe she was just mad because it wasn't Matthew.

"Look, I'm sorry, this was a mistake. I need to go," she breathed, standing up abruptly.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 26 2016, 02:11 AM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

... Whoops. Uh-oh. Even Marc understood that things were suddenly going south, and not in the fun way (ha ha GOD SERIOUSLY HE WAS MAKING FILTHY JOKES IN HIS HEAD RIGHT NOW?). Crap. Shit. A huge shot of guilt bolted through his chest. When she asked if he was being serious, he tried lamely to cover it with an awkwardly drawn-out "Nnnooo?" Because the way she asked that made it sound like it was wrong, or something, which ... well, he didn't think it was, but apparently maybe it was? Somehow?

... Wait, what was wrong with it? OK, Marc was just super confused now.

And then she was pulling away and the moment was clearly over and that sucked and all he could really do was try his best to salvage what remained. Because, sure, he figured they'd still be friends, but ... well ... wait. Shoot. He wished he could ask his mum about this, but he had a weird feeling that she'd tell him he was in the wrong somehow.

"No, I didn't mean anything bad by it ... like ... look, I'm sorry, I didn't ... I ... respect you, and all that ... " But his frantic attempts at smoothing things over didn't seem to be working out all that well. Jessie stood up, and Marc turned on the bench to follow her with his eyes, and that was when he saw Jack in the doorway out to the courtyard. And Jack looked ... weird. Like, unhappy-weird.

Feeling supremely awkward, Marc lifted a hand and offered Jack a spastic wave. "Hey, Jack," he said.

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Jack Winston
 Posted: Jul 26 2016, 02:27 AM
Jack Winston
Gryffindor
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Jack was having a good day. Hell, he'd been having a damn good few weeks. He had made a friend, and that friend had wanted to hang out. And that friend was so cute. And Jack had finally gotten his head in order. For the first time in his life, Jack was allowing himself to be attracted to someone. He'd spent so much time with Jack, he was sure Rachie was feeling left out.

Jack was taking a walk to celebrate. And to find his new friend. Would Marc find him strange? No, the boy couldn't be. He didn't seem the type. Maybe he'd give Jack that brilliant smile. Even if he rejected his feelings...

Jack rounded the corner and his breath stopped. And his heart shattered. Marc, looking adorable as usual, had his arms wrapped around a girl. A pretty girl. Jack didn't want to look. Jack couldn't look. But he was rooted to the spot. He was so sure he could take this rejection but, apparently, seeing it in action was a different thing.

Then Marc was waving to him, smiling and walking up to talking to him. He blinked slowly and then looked away. He felt like running. A coward. Why'd you even think you could have something like that? "H-hi." He mumbled.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jessie Meadows
 Posted: Jul 26 2016, 02:55 AM
Jessie Meadows
Hufflepuff
Single and looking.
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
No Special Ability
Jess

It didn't take long for Jessie to catch on. Her eyes went back and forth between the two guys. Eyes widening, realization struck her like a frying pan to the head. "Oh my god, Marc. This is the hottie? Jesus," she said, complete shock causing her mouth to open in an 'o' shape. This was the guy he was talking about, right before they decided to snog the life out of each other.

The unnamed 'hottie' looked devastated, as if the guilty pair had killed his puppy. The little badger attempted to apologize, but the only thing leaving the chasm of her mouth was a heavy sigh. Biting her lip, she closed her eyes, hoping that this was just some elaborate prank.

"My god, we have awful timing," she whispered, mostly to herself. Jessie could feel the angry tears pricking at her eyes, but now it was also mixed with guilt.She had made a very, very bad decision. She sniffed, refusing to look at either of them. "I'm leaving. Marc come find me wh-. Nevermind. Don't," she said, barely above a whisper.

As she left the two, to have what seemed like an inevitable awkward conversation, Jessie found herself wanting to crawl in a hole, far far away. Why, why, why had she done that? Never before had she wanted to take something back, so severely. Top of the list of things she regrets doing? Kissing Marc for the second time.

She needed to write to Camille. Only motherly love could help the anxious heart.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 26 2016, 03:13 AM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

Marc's eyes got so wide when Jessie said that. Out loud. For everyone to hear. He whirled to shoot her a look. Jack didn't know he was the hottie, and now he was probably gonna get all creeped out and not wanna hang out because Marc had a crush on him and he was probably straight ...

Well ... was he? He looked at Jack again, and the other guy's face looked really disappointed. And Marc was pretty sure that he didn't even know Jessie, so he couldn't have a crush on her. That didn't make sense.

But ... but ... what?

He didn't really understand why, or what was going on, but his stomach seemed to drop all the way down to his toes. He shook his head in baffled agreement when Jessie mentioned their shitty timing, and then winced a little bit when she said not to come find her. What the hell did that mean? Did that mean they weren't friends anymore? Could one random make-out session ruin a friendship? That just didn't make sense!

He opened his mouth to try to say something, made sort of a croaking noise, and then gave up, watching Jessie's back as she left. And then ... wow. That was possibly the heaviest silence ever. Turning so incredibly red, Marc cleared his throat and rubbed the back of his neck nervously. Then he took a step closer to Jack.

"So ... um ... you OK?" he asked. "I ... um ... she said ... I ... yeah."

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Jack Winston
 Posted: Jul 26 2016, 03:32 AM
Jack Winston
Gryffindor
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Jack's hearing was clouded and loud. He heard 'hottie' 'awful timing' and 'come find me'. The rest was garbled. He just stared at Marc, the other girl just faded into the background as she fled. The air was thick and heavy. Had he interrupted them? A part of him, the small petty, dangerous part, was secretly proud.

He shifted his weight on his feet. He pulled his eyes away from Marc and let out a breath. "I...I was looking for you." He mumbled. Suddenly the snow was fascinating. Everything other than Marc was fascinating. "You were busy. I--I'm sorry." He forced himself to look at Marc. The boy was gorgeous and Jack....

Jack was a fool.

There it was again. The nagging feeling. That cruel whisper in his ears. He wanted to run. He wanted to get away. To run away to where he would be safe. His father came to mind and then his mother. His body shook. Both were out of his reach. Why was his throat so tight?

Rachel. He needed Rachel. His sister's smiling face and blue eyes came to mind. He had no idea where she could be, but he needed to find her. He couldn't stay around Marc. Marcus. Mr. Barrow. He took a deep shuddering breath. "I, ah...."He cleared his throat. "It seems you are busy, Mr Barrow. I'll take my leave. Perhaps we can talk some other time?" And without waiting for an answer he turned on his heel and walked away. Once he was a safe enough distance, he broke into a run. Rachel. He need his sister's comfort.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 26 2016, 03:49 AM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

OK, so, he heard the words that Jack was saying, and he thought he understood them, but they rang so incredibly false in his ears. It didn't make sense that Jack would be so upset about finding them kissing if he didn't have feelings for one of them. And it kind of made his heart go all fluttery because, if it was him ... if there was actually a boy attracted to him ...

He tried to explain, even though he wasn't entirely sure why he felt that he had to. "Look, it was just ... not a big deal. Just a random ... you know how it is, right? You get ... like, sometimes just ... with your friend ... it's not like ... you know ... "

Crap, he was so baffled right now that he couldn't even string together words into proper sentences. And what he was able to manage didn't work, anyway, because then Jack called him Mr. Barrow - which made him wince yet again - and turned on his heel to leave.

"Hey, wait!" Marc started after him, but then Jack started to run, and Marc really didn't feel like the conversation was over and, well ... he used to race people. It was just instinct, when he could see someone's back running away from him, to follow and overtake if at all possible. And Marc was fast.

"Dude!" he exclaimed as he caught up with Jack and reached out to grab the other kid's shoulder and pull him to a halt. "Look, are you ... do you like her or something? I didn't mean to mess anything up and, like ... you seem unhappy. And I don't want that."

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE