TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

Warpath, The Corridors
Rachel Winston
 Posted: Jul 27 2016, 01:14 AM
Rachel Winston
Gryffindor
Single; Demisexual
Pureblood
14 YEARS OLD
"Ain't nothing sweet about me."
N/A
No special abilities
Shei

Mid December 2035
@Liz

"THAT MOTHER FUCKER!" Rachel Winston was not happy. Rachel Winston was not happy because her beloved brother was not happy. And why was dear, sweet Jack not happy? Because that skank Marcus Barrow was...well, a skank. True, the boy was well within his rights to snog whoever the hell he wanted, Rachel couldn't care less. When her brother, who she would have bet money on the fact the he'd been asexual, confessed to her he'd been having feelings for his new friend, that was when she got involved. Because nobody played with Jack Winston's feelings.

Furious, she shoved a suit of armor over. The pieces hit the ground with a satisfying 'KLANG' before the magic imbued in them started putting itself back together. Rachel stalked by with out a second glance or listening to the angry shout the newly-put-back-together suit gave off.

"Where are you?! You-you-you!!!!!" She wasn't even making sense, her head filled with too much anger to form a coherent sentence. Her wand was drawn from her pocket as she continued to stalk the halls. She gave an angry flick and a vase was smashed to the ground.

Rachel had been lounging on a couch in the common room, her eyes glued on her favorite Shakespeare play. She'd been enjoying reading Puck's mischief and was eager to read more, until the portrait hole swung open to the quiet room. Jack trudged in and Rachel gave him a grin.

She soon froze when she saw his face. He looked miserable and so damn hurt. He looked ready to cry. She sat up straighter and he almost threw himself into the empty space beside her. She draped her arms around him and he nestled his face into her hair. Quietly she held him and she could feel him shaking.

"I saw him kissing another girl. He said he likes me... and that was only just a kiss...but..." Rachel could hear the absolute heartbreak in his voice. "Oh... Rachel." He whimpered. "What am I to do?"

Jack was strong. Jack was her rock. The family's rock. He.... He....

"AARRGH!" Rachel let out a frustrated scream that had a pair of nervous first years fleeing in terror. She felt bad for a second, but that only made her angrier. She sent a kick at a wall, then turned to sink against it.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 27 2016, 01:39 AM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Slutty and Highly Distractible
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
"Hey, hey, hey, hey! Wanna hang out?"
I discovered the outdoors and never went back in.
Special Ability: Sheer Adorableness
Liz

Marc was grouchy. He was in a funk. He'd never felt this way before, and he didn't know what to make of it. He was just ... sad. It sucked. It sucked that two people were mad at him and that he didn't know how to fix it. It sucked that he wanted to make out with Jack and could have if he hadn't screwed up. It especially sucked that his mum had told him that he could definitely have behaved more like a gentleman.

He'd tried to write to Jack and to Jessie, but everything sounded stupid. All his attempted letters started with "I'm sorry" and then ended in weird rambling explanations of why he really hadn't done anything wrong. And he knew from his mum that apology letters weren't supposed to look like that. You were supposed to take responsibility for your actions.

The thing was, Marc didn't regret his actions. He regretted their results, but he still didn't see anything wrong with the actions themselves. He had a right to make out with whoever the hell he wanted to make out with, and maybe he'd offended Jessie, but it wasn't like he'd done anything to her. He'd just said something she didn't like. What was the big deal? Why was everybody acting all worked up?

Merlin, it was weird!

So he was intrigued when he was wandering through the corridors and heard somebody who was clearly in as foul a mood as he was. He didn't have anything else to do, so he followed the sounds of destruction only to see a girl's back as she shoved a suit of armor over and then smashed a vase. He was walking fairly quickly down the hallway, about to overtake her, and he said, "Hey," right before she turned to lean against the wall and he saw her face.

Oh. Shit. Scratch that. There weren't only two people mad at him.

Marc's eyes widened, and then he spun abruptly on his heel, hoping he could get away with just ... walking in the other direction. Or running, if necessary.

A brisk walk. A brisk walk would do. For now.

--------------------
Marc | Hufflepuff | 5th-year
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Rachel Winston
 Posted: Jul 27 2016, 02:02 AM
Rachel Winston
Gryffindor
Single; Demisexual
Pureblood
14 YEARS OLD
N/A
No special abilities
Shei

Rachel registered the soft, 'hey' and looked up just in time to see... In almost in an instant she scrabbled to her feet with a loud roar. "YOU! YOU ABSOLUTE ARSE-FACE!" She screamed as chased her prey and the target of her anger through the corridors. She was pushing past people and the fact that she was probably hurting people was only fuel to her ever increasing fire. For the first time in her life as a duelist, she understood her brother's need for complete destruction, instead of toying with her foe.

She did have to hand it to him. Barrow was fast. But Rachel was a Winston and by her very nature that made her a stubborn person. In all honesty she probably would be able to catch him, if she didn't need to suck wind form the countless hurled insults she threw at his retreating form. She was also starting to run out of curse words, the steady stream of insults sounding more an more like irritated gibberish.

Briefly, very, very briefly, she considered a stunning spell. She quickly dismissed the idea as it formed. He was too fast and the odds of her spell hitting an innocent or ricocheting off something and then hitting an innocent were just too great. She gave a frustrated grunt and considered giving up chase.

They were curled up in Jacks dorm, the heavy curtains on his four-poster drawn to give them some privacy. Jack's sobbing had given way to quiet hiccups as he curled into her shoulder. There were tear-stains running down his cheeks and Rachel felt completely helpless.

"The worst part of it all Rach," Jack gave a small hiccup. "Was that some part of me wants to march right back up to him and apologize. I still like him. I want to see him smile. I want..." A heavy sigh and Rachel's heart seized.

"Go to sleep Jack." Rachel urged.

That had been a few days ago. Jack had gone to sleep, and while he did wake up, he made no move to leave his dorm room, or for that matter his bed. Rachel grit her teeth and pushed herself to catch up. "You bastard!" She screamed, agony searing through her and coloring her voice. "My brother won't move because you lead him on! My brother is strong and he's weak because you can't make-up your mind! The least you can do is get your ass over here and let me scream in your face because he won't!" Tears were trekking down her face. She could feel them, whether or not they were from anger or sadness at her brother's state, she didn't care.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 27 2016, 02:26 AM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

Welp, that brisk walk turned very quickly into a run, and Marc wasn't even embarrassed about it. Rachel sounded pretty damn terrifying at the moment, like she was seriously out for his blood. What was he supposed to do, just stand there and take it? Fat chance! He still hadn't done anything wrong, and he did not want to be reamed in public any more than he already had been.

So, he ran, but there were people in the way, and that didn't help, and Jack's sister seemed to be functioning on an entire Olympic team's supply of 'roids because sweet Merlin was she fast and loud and angry! He was gonna die. He was seriously gonna die. It was just his time, and since the squid had failed, Rachel Winston had been sent to finish him off.

And then she started yelling more detailed stuff at him, and that gave him pause. It had a dual effect on him. First off, it made him feel terrible because Marc really wasn't a mean person and he didn't like the idea of somebody being really sad because of him. But it also kinda pissed him off, because it wasn't like he meant to do that! She was acting like he'd been all malicious when, in reality, he'd assumed that Jack was straight! Because most guys were!

Damn it, he had to stop fleeing and just face up to this intensely awkward situation. Marc stopped, turned on his heel, and held his hands out to soften the inevitable collision. Yeah, she'd still been pretty much right on his tail, and now she came careening into him, but he grabbed her by the shoulders just long enough to make sure she wouldn't fall down.

But then he promptly let go and took a step back because, well ... duh. She was currently terrifying. "Hey, look!" he exclaimed, sounding more than a little bit annoyed. "I didn't lead anybody on! I had no idea he felt that way, all right? And then he's the one who didn't wanna talk about it!"

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Rachel Winston
 Posted: Jul 27 2016, 02:42 AM
Rachel Winston
Gryffindor
Single; Demisexual
Pureblood
14 YEARS OLD
N/A
No special abilities
Shei

Rachel glared, fire in her blood still pumping in her veins. Barrow got one, ONE, point for catching her before she crashed into him. Of course had he faced her fury like a man, she probably wouldn't have needed him to slow her momentum. She continued her glare, lips pursed and grinding her teeth, as he spoke to her and explained his side and, yeah, okay, he did have a point. How was he supposed to know that Jack's attempts at flirting were, well, awful. The boy probably had no idea. But still. Her brother, her beloved brother was hurt, and crying, and not getting out of his bed.

"Wow." She said leaning back and crossing her arms. "You both are idiots. But guess what, Barrow? Jack is the one I care about. My brother is one of the few people I care about and right now, the guy that protected me from so many lectures and drags my ass out of the fire is in his bed, refusing to get up, because some boy with a fine ass- the first person he's ever had feelings for ever- got caught making out with a pretty girl. He's pretty confused."

She closed her eyes against the anger building inside her. It clearly would not help. Wanting to swing at this dude also would not help. Right now she focused on Jack. What would make Jack happiest?

Getting his friend back. She gave a mental groan at the very unhelpful, yet completely correct, mental voice. She took a deep steadying breath. "Look I don't know how you feel," She raised a hand. "And I really don't care either. Jack is my brother and I want him to be happy. So, Barrow." She gave him a cool glare with a frown. "Do you still want to be his friend?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 27 2016, 03:03 AM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

Marc cocked an eyebrow. "Did ... did he really say that about my ass?" And then his few functioning brain cells reminded him that this was really not the point and if he focused on the ass part, she was probably gonna tear his balls off and shove them right up that fine ass. So he took yet another step back, holding his hands up in surrender as he shook his head vigorously and verbally backtracked: "No, I mean, sorry, wait, that's definitely not the point ... I ... sorry."

As he listened further, he stared shamefacedly down at his shoes. He couldn't help it. As much as he didn't think he'd done anything wrong, the result was still kinda his fault. Like ... he was irresistible, apparently.

Wait ... that was also not the right way to think about this. Good thing he'd had so many talks with his mum that he basically knew exactly what she would say at all times.

OK, so maybe he didn't understand the desire not to get out of bed, but that was probably also because he had, like, a zillion friends to hang out with. And Jack basically had two. And Marc had been sad, damn it! He was really sad about this whole confusing thing!

"Look, I ... "

He'd been about to say 'I get it,' but he didn't. The whole siblings thing. He totally didn't get it.

His jaw dropped open in shock when she asked if he still wanted to be friends with Jack. Marc sputtered in defensive bafflement: "Wha ... I ... dude, I was the one who was trying to talk about it! Of course I want to, but then he ran off and I haven't seen him since! And after I chased him down once, it seemed like it would be kind of a douche move to do it again!"

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Rachel Winston
 Posted: Jul 27 2016, 03:25 AM
Rachel Winston
Gryffindor
Single; Demisexual
Pureblood
14 YEARS OLD
N/A
No special abilities
Shei

Dear sweet gods, was the kid oblivious? Rachel resisted the urge to roll her eyes. "I said I don't care. Do you even listen dude?" She took in a deep breath. "Never mind. Forget it." She ran one hand through her hair. This was harder than dealing with her Grandmother's match attempts. She really didn't like this kid. She barely knew him and deep down she knew it wasn't fair of her. But Jack was her brother. And she adored her brother.

And her brother liked this kid. "Okay, first of all in Jack's head you're unattainable. He spends all of our family time talking about you. And second, he's not straight." She frowned. "I don't think he's gay either. Hell, I don't know what he is." She gave a half shrug. "He's Jack." Yeah that sounded right. "Third, he's confused. He's confused because he wants to kiss you. He wanted to be the one in your arms." She took another breath. "Jack, like you apparently, zones in on certain words. He heard that girl asking to see you later and he assumed you were dating. Cause our upbringing insists that only people who are dating kiss."

Oh hell was this awkward. She swallowed. "Look. Taking all of that in mind add the fact that you told him you liked him after kissing said girl. He's kinda messed up in the head." She looked him up and down. "Honestly, I don't think even you know what you want." She gave a shrug. "If you want to be his friend again,send him a letter and address it to the dorm room. Trust me he'll leap at contact from you even if the letter isn't that good."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 27 2016, 03:42 AM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

At this point, Marc's brows were furrowed, he was chewing on his fingernails, and his hair was sticking straight up because he'd nervously worried at it so many times. Crap, he super did not get it. He was in way over his head. Probably the best thing to do would be to nope right out of the entire situation. He didn't need this kind of interpersonal stress! He didn't need the pressure of having somebody else's mood so heavily dependent on him! But, at the same time, he was really missing hanging out with Jack, and he still really really really wanted to kiss him.

Except apparently kissing him would mean something, like, really serious. He wasn't supposed to be getting involved in some super-committed thing! He was only fifteen! And a virgin! How was he supposed to know what he wanted to stick with if he hadn't experienced much of anything yet?

And then Marc caught himself thinking that and cursed himself for being a dirty slut. Yet another first.

"All right," he finally said, shrugging because it seemed the only thing to do in a situation this intensely awkward. "I'll do that. I already tried, but everything sucked. I don't write so good." And then he cocked an eyebrow and looked at her suspiciously.

" ... You're not gonna read it, are you? 'Cause that would be some serious bullshit."

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Rachel Winston
 Posted: Jul 27 2016, 11:12 PM
Rachel Winston
Gryffindor
Single; Demisexual
Pureblood
14 YEARS OLD
N/A
No special abilities
Shei

Rachel made a face. I really should have ust hit him. This was just awkward and uncomfortable. She had things to do, people to punish. She was spending way to much time trying to explain feelings to someone. Feelings, mind that weren't even her own. She rolled her eyes and shook her head. "I really don't think it matters to Jack. Just start of with 'I'm sorry'. Maybe ask to meet up with him. This time he'll listen."

She didn't like this kid. He hurt her brother, even though it was a misunderstanding. She still didn't like him. Just looking at him made her irrationally angry. What was she doing, explaining how to get back into her brother's good graces? An image of Jack's gentle smile flitted through her mind and she sighed heavily. The right thing. The right thing sucked.

"Look, I really don't care." She re-iterated. Then she rolled her eyes. "Will it make you feel better if I said I wouldn't read it?" She wasn't going to anyway and she was sure Jack wouldn't let her anyway. Especially if Barrow told him about this encounter. This awful strange encounter. You're wand is in your pocket...you could always stun him and walk away. She shook her head against the thought.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 28 2016, 02:19 AM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

Well. Apparently he was gonna have to get ready for a pretty intense conversation, and ... wow, Marc did not know how to do that. He was accustomed to social things being light and easy and happy. He didn't usually do the whole ... big feelings ... thing. And now he'd somehow gotten himself into a situation that seemed to be entirely made of big feelings. These Winstons were, like ... dude. Zero to sixty in a millisecond.

Marc shrugged again, which probably made it look like he didn't care much about what they were discussing, and that was unfortunate because he cared a hell of a lot. He just really, really didn't know how to express that properly.

"OK. Fine. Cool." She was clearly mocking him when she asked if it would make him feel better for her to promise not to read the letter, so Marc just narrowed his eyes and didn't say anything in response. He had smart friends. He'd figure out a way to make it so that she couldn't read his letter, even if she did try. That meddlesome sister-jerk-thing.

He crossed his arms over his chest and shifted his weight anxiously back and forth from heel to toe, heel to toe. "Well, so ... are we good, then? Am I dismissed?" It had been an unpleasant encounter, and Marc was ready for it to be over.

Soon enough, he was making his way grouchily back toward his common room, trying to think of what the hell he could write down in a letter.

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE