TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

Midnight Snacking, Midnight Pranking (rachel), Rachel Winston
Fiona Cavanagh
 Posted: Aug 5 2016, 11:04 AM
Fiona Cavanagh
Hufflepuff
Single and closeted
Halfblood
15 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Metamorphmagus
Ty

i can't dream alone 

@Shei

Early January, Just past 1 a.m.

Tonight had been a night that seemed to be growing more and more common the fifth year Hufflepuff girl. It had to be at least one in the morning. It had been Friday night. Now she supposed it was Saturday. She had worked hard all day at school. She had practiced Quidditch for hours. She had spent a couple hours doing homework. She had even spent an hour or two with her friends. By all rights she should have been passed out in comfy bed in the Hufflepuff Girls’ Dormitory. She was absolutely exhausted. Yet she wasn’t down in the Hufflepuff Girls’ Dormitory. Despite the fact that her eyes felt as if they would close at any moment and she’d pass out mid-walk. There was too much on her mind and, quite frankly, she was too tired to sleep.

So she found herself sneaking up from the Hufflepuff Common Room in the dungeons. Making her way to the kitchen’s for some midnight snacking as her stomach growled something fierce. She yawned as she walked the quiet halls of Hogwarts. It seemed so peaceful. The only sound was the quite taps of her feet against the floor. Fiona’s short, deep red hair was unkempt and her brown eyes were only half-opened. She was dressed in a strange mismatch of clothing. She sported a pair of black pajama pants with yellow stripes on the side and an opened black and yellow Hufflepuff night robe which dragged on the ground behind her as it was slightly falling off her left shoulder. It was not fastened, however, as it was left open to show a dark green tank top bearing the team name and insignia of the Irish National Quidditch Team. Her willow wand stuck out from the right hand pocket. She bore no socks, but she did have on two different slippers. One was a green one with the same insignia as her shirt and the other bore the insignia of the Strawhat Pirates from One Piece. She had not even noticed they weren’t the same pair of slippers when she threw them on. She was too tired and hungry to notice or care at the moment.

With how slow she was trudging, she thought she might never reach the kitchen. However, she was close and her craving for lemon cakes was stronger than her weariness. However, before she could arrive at the kitchens and her sweet, delicious lemon cakes she was hit with something as she turned a corner. She was right outside the kitchens. So close. Yet not close enough. Instead she was met with some kind of liquid being dumped all over her body waking her further from her weariness. Her deep red hair plastered itself to her forehead, soaked and her hands reached to her eyes as she rubbed them. “What the heck,” Fiona managed as she looked herself up and down. She was soaked from head to toe. A small frown formed on her face as she looked around with a confused look. “The universe really doesn’t want me to have lemon cakes tonight.” Fiona said with a hint of annoyance in her voice. Not that she believed in that sort of thing.

PM
^
Rachel Winston
 Posted: Aug 6 2016, 06:49 PM
Rachel Winston
Gryffindor
Single; Demisexual
Pureblood
14 YEARS OLD
"Ain't nothing sweet about me."
N/A
No special abilities
Shei

Rachel's skin itched. Like not in a physical-there's-a-bite/rash-on-my-skin way. But in an I'm-up-something-is-bugging-me-I can't-sleep way.So she figured she may as well curb two things at once. Her stomach's desire for food and to build a trap for a particularly nasty seventh year, who'd found delight in picking on the same fifth year girl.

Dressed, not in the silken finery her grandmother must have sent because their was no way her mother would think of such a garment, but in red and green fuzzy flannel pants that hung loosely from her hips and a n oversized black tee-shirt that hung from one shoulder she sat with her back to the wall just around the corner from the kitchens. Her hair was pulled into a messy ponytail as she nibbled on a piece of toast and spaced out.

What if you get an innocent bystander? No sooner had her sleepy mind supplied the thought, than she heard a loud crash followed by a whoosh of water. Her eyes went wide and she dropped her toast on the floor. She leaped gracefully to her feet and dashed out from her hiding place. She grimaced.

There, standing right below her trap, was a girl still in her pajamas, looking like she was still half asleep. She cursed under her breath a blue streak, that would have made Uncle Bartholomew go red in shame. She took a step forward. "Hey. Are you alright?" She asked pulling out her wand and giving it a wave to dry most of the water (thankfully she really did only use water this time.).

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Fiona Cavanagh
 Posted: Aug 18 2016, 10:18 AM
Fiona Cavanagh
Hufflepuff
Single and closeted
Halfblood
15 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Metamorphmagus
Ty

i can't dream alone 

@Shei
Fiona reached for her wand, but by the time she pulled it out someone was addressing her. She turned her head to see the girl as she suddenly dried. Fiona was still a bit damp and her slippers still felt soaked, however, she suddenly forgot about that as she stood awkwardly, staring at the girl in red and green flannel pants and oversized black t-shirt. Her eyes went a bit wide and for a moment could not think of what to say. Instead she found herself biting her lower lip slightly as she hoped beyond hope that her hair wouldn’t change color. However, it did change. This time to a deep, dark purple that looked almost black with the lack of light. Her stomach knotted and her grasp of her wand tightened.

“Um uh yeah. Just . . . a little damp,” Fiona finally spoke to the pretty girl. “I was just uh . . . ,” Fiona trailed off for a moment as she tried to remember why she was out and about after hours. For a moment the thought seemed to be lost while she looked in the other girls eyes. Then she awkwardly looked away, rubbed the back of her neck with her free hand and tried her best not to blush. She pointed her willow wand down at her slippers and made a complicated wave motion while muttering an incantation under her breath. Hot air streamed out the tip drying her slippers, making them feel warm and dry once again. She then looked back at the girl wishing everything could be as easy as casting the hot-air charm or flying on a broom. She was confident in most things. Perhaps even a bit too overconfident. But when it came to cute girls, Fi just melted. Maybe it was just the water. She was a witch after all. She closed her eyes for a moment and shook her head.

“I was . . . just on my way to get some food from the kitchen . . .,” she said, remembering why she was outside of the Hufflepuff Girls Dormitory in the wee hours. The sentence trailed off and Fi didn’t quite know what she was even saying. She was half asleep and ambushed by a cute girl and a bucket of water. Was she trying to invite the girl to come along? Was she just nervously informing her what she was doing? Was she just thinking out loud to herself? She didn’t even know what she was trying to say! How was she supposed to read this other girl. Then she realized she’d never given the girl her name and she felt like banging her head against a wall. Fiona took a deep breath. “I’m Fiona by the way,” she managed to say, unknotting her stomach and calming her butterflies briefly enough to give the girl her name. “Fiona Cavanagh.”

PM
^
Rachel Winston
 Posted: Aug 18 2016, 09:04 PM
Rachel Winston
Gryffindor
Single; Demisexual
Pureblood
14 YEARS OLD
N/A
No special abilities
Shei

Rachel tilted her head and crossed her arms. The girl was just staring at her flustered. It wasn't something that really happened around Rachel and briefly she wondered if the metal bucket hadn't hit the girl in the head as well. She glanced up briefly, but it was still suspended by magic.

And then the other's hair changed and Rachel found that fascinating. "You're a metamorphmagi!" She said excitedly, ignoring the obvious discomfort radiating off the girl as she stepped forward. "That's incredible! I've always wondered about them, never actually knew one, and oh! You must never have a single bad hair day. Lucky. I'm jealous." Charms,hexes and spells, Rachel could do, but nothing seemed to be able to tame her wild hair. Which was why her mother had often made a potion right before any ball. Just so the woman could braid it into some impossible up-do. Rachel never did understand it and really saw nothing wrong with tying her hair back and out of her way.

Her stomach rumbled, reminding her that she had thrown her still very good toast on the ground. "My toast," she lamented under her breath. The girl had finished her own drying spell and awkwardly stammered about being hungry herself. Rachel shot her a brilliant grin, hoping to relax the girl and her apparent nerves. "Awesome! Lets go get something to eat together then. I'll have to re-set that anyway," She said waving idly to the bucket. "But right now, food!" She tilted her head with another curious smile as the girl stuttered out her name. "Nice to meet you, Fi. I'm Rachel. Rachel Winston. Self-titled Gryffindor menace."

As they started to the kitchens Rachel bounced on the balls of her feet, now fully awake. "So Fi, you're in Hufflepuff, right? Right around the kitchens, why wouldn't you be? Do you like Quidditch? I do, I'm not very good at flying though. Always manage to throw myself off." She sighed sadly then brightened. "Oh and that shade of your hair! Is it one of your favorites? It is a lovely shade."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Fiona Cavanagh
 Posted: Aug 21 2016, 12:33 PM
Fiona Cavanagh
Hufflepuff
Single and closeted
Halfblood
15 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Metamorphmagus
Ty

i can't dream alone 

@Shei
Fiona had gotten a similar response regarding her metamorphmagus status before. However, it never quite made her happy. It just reminded her that her hair was giving away her emotions again. She didn’t hate being a metamorphmagi. In fact, she loved a lot about it. Unfortunately, having your hair constantly give away what you’re feeling, as if nothing is sacred or secret, was very disheartening. Especially when faced with a cute girl. After having water dumped over your head. At one in the morning. Fiona had had many bad hair days. They were just not the kind normal people had. She almost said something akin to that, but the girl bit her lower lip instead.

Fiona let out a breath of relief when the topic changed to food and her stomach growled. She gave a small grin to Rachel. “Yeah. I’m starved.” Fiona responded. Fiona almost blushed when the other girl called her Fi. She didn’t quite understand why. Plenty of people called her Fi. In fact, most people did. Something about it coming from Rachel felt different though. Already on a nickname basis. She shook her head a bit and chastised herself. The girl probably wasn’t into her. Most girls weren’t into other girls. ‘It’s nice to meet another menace.” Fi responded with smirk. She wasn’t the biggest menace around or anything, but Fi had her moments for sure. though they were usually more light-hearted. Although, she was a menace on the Quidditch pitch.

Watching Rachel bouncing on the balls of her feet on the way to the kitchen, Fiona was practically amazed how awake the girl was. Fiona was wide awake now, but that was because she had a bucket of water dumped over her head and was ambushed by a cute girl. Most people were amazed by how early Fiona got up, not the other way around. Growing up on a farm will do that to you. You’ve always got to be up early to get everything done on time. five a.m. Hufflepuff Quidditch practices also helped. She was glad when the other girl brought up Quidditch, however, her gladness quickly disappeared with the girl’s next words as Fiona’s face suddenly turned crimson. “I, uh . . . um . . . ” Fiona stuttered trying to regain her composure. What did she say to that? She attempted to unknot her stomach to the best of her abilities as she gulped. The butterflies in her stomach where flying everywhere and she couldn’t help but nervously bite her lower lip. “I, uh, I love Quidditch.” she managed to fluster. “I’ve been a Chaser on the Hufflepuff Quidditch team since second year.” With that her blush started to recede. Her mind shifting to Quidditch. Quidditch was much easier than talking to girls. She seemed to speak with confidence when she mentioned her position.

“Maybe I can help teach you sometime?” Fiona offered without thinking and immediately felt like she wanted to smack herself upside the head. Perhaps go hide under a rock. Or better yet, an invisibility cloak. She hated feeling this way. She wasn’t like this with most aspects of her life. Something about girls just tied her tongue. Especially this one. She glanced at the girl, trying to hide her emotions to the best of her ability. To hide the fear of rejection. It wasn’t like she had asked her out on a date or anything, but still. It was nerve wracking. She hadn’t even known her for five minutes and she was already trying to get her alone. To help her with her broom stick control. Was she being a little too forward? Was if she seemed pushy? Was she even ready to be alone with this cute girl by choice? She was already flustering, stammering and making a fool of herself. She could not help but long for the kitchen. The quicker she could stuff her face with food, the better. At least then she wouldn’t be able to say as many stupid things. Why was this so hard?!

PM
^
Rachel Winston
 Posted: Aug 24 2016, 08:40 PM
Rachel Winston
Gryffindor
Single; Demisexual
Pureblood
14 YEARS OLD
N/A
No special abilities
Shei

Rachel tilted her head. This girl, Fi, was acting strangely. Fumbling her words and doing a lot of staring. At Rachel. Unconsciously she raised a hand to hair. She usually did have horrible bed head, but she could have sworn she tied it back when she rolled out of her bed. She did grin though. "You too huh? Justice your calling? Or do you do it for the pure anarchy?" Context, Rach, context. "I mean I prank people who really deserve it, but I am known to do one totally off the cuff."

Rachel's eyes lit up and she felt like she could hug her new friend. "Oooo! You're a chaser?! That's so cool! What's your favorite pro team? I like the Harpies personally." She was rambling. Hm she must have been tired. Then her eyes widened and she really did throw her arms around Fi. Her shoulder's actually. "Ohh! Aren't you just the sweetest! I'd love to learn to fly and like I said, sweet of you to offer, but I've had professional training and...." She shrugged, one arm still slung around Fi's shoulders. "Let's just say good thing there's skele-gro. But... if you're still willing, we could give it a go."

Her stomach rumbled as the entered the kitchens. She removed her arm and walked forward."Good evening!" She called out and a few house-elves came rushing up to her. "Sorry, I know I was just here, but I dropped my toast.Would you all mind horribly making me another omlette with toast on the side?" She smiled again as they all went scattering and she grinned at Fiona. "We have a few house-elves back home, nothing like this lot though. Except Tink. She's my favorite."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Fiona Cavanagh
 Posted: Aug 24 2016, 11:50 PM
Fiona Cavanagh
Hufflepuff
Single and closeted
Halfblood
15 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Metamorphmagus
Ty

i can't dream alone 

@Shei
Fi shrugged at the other girl. “I enjoy a little light-hearted fun from time to time. I’m into the occasionally justice though as well.” She responded as she thought back to her and Marc’s prank in the Herbology Greenhouses. Good times.

Fiona could not help but stare for a moment as Rachel’s eyes lit up. She then looked away from girl and chastised herself inside her head. Fi closed her eyes and took a deep breathe. “I’m a huge Irish National Quidditch team fan.” Fi said pridefully, trying her best not to look in the other’s girl lit up eyes.

Fiona almost recoiled when Rachel threw her arm around her. It was one of the last things she expected. Her face blushed protuberantly as she tried to get comfortable with the other girl’s arm around her shoulder. No girl had ever done anything like throw their arm around her shoulder. In general, Fi had little physical contact with females. No girl had ever been this physically close to her by choice unless they were trying to knock her off her broom. Then Fi realized she hadn’t responded to the girl and she blushed further. “I . . . uh um . . . yeah.” Fiona flustered.

As they entered the kitchen, Rachel took her arm off of Fiona’s shoulder and she already missed it being there. She rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly, her stomach knotted and her tongue tied. Fiona walked over to get a cup of water, but a house elf shooed her from it and got it herself, handing her the cup of cold water. As she drank the water and experienced a very brief respite, she was reminded of why she was down there in the first place as her stomach grumbled loudly. She finished the whole cup in one go and was breathing a little heavy afterward. Fiona wiped her brow a bit and held out her cup to be refilled by the house elf who awaited patiently. “You don’t happen to have any lemon cakes do you?” Fiona asked? At the moment of the inquiry a house elf shuffled off to retrieve some lemon cakes.

“It’s . . . weird. Being waited on like this that is. I grew up on a Herbology farm in Ireland. We didn’t have house elves.” Fiona said, trying to distract her mind from the lack of Rachel’s arm around her shoulder at the moment as well as other Rachel oriented thoughts. “what’s Tink like?”

PM
^
Rachel Winston
 Posted: Sep 28 2016, 10:54 PM
Rachel Winston
Gryffindor
Single; Demisexual
Pureblood
14 YEARS OLD
N/A
No special abilities
Shei

Rachel studied the other girl intently. Raking over her form. "Huh." She said tilting her head. "You know. If I'm making you uncomfortable you could just tell me." Her fingers went to the hem of her shirt, tugging idly on a fraying bit of thread. She had years to practice the outward sense of calm and cool, but it she was a nervous wreck. She never quite clicked with people. Forever the jagged puzzle piece among her peers, never seeming to quite fit into place. Now most days she celebrated this. Exulted in it. But making friends was.....

"Look. Every time I so much as raise a hand to you you either flinch or tense up." Rachel swiped a lock of dark hair from her shoulder. "I really am sorry about dousing you and I really would like to move past it. I'd like to have one friend here that actually..." She trailed off, her eyes spying the house-elf bringing her her omelette.

Flipping the switch, she gave the girl a wink. "Had you pegged for a farm girl. You've got the hard working aura about you." She speared a bit of egg onto her fork. "Myself? Manor born in the countryside, but we tend to act like we belong in the city. We've got maybe four houselves in the family."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Fiona Cavanagh
 Posted: Oct 3 2016, 07:19 PM
Fiona Cavanagh
Hufflepuff
Single and closeted
Halfblood
15 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Metamorphmagus
Ty

i can't dream alone 

@Shei
Fiona’s face turned crimson at Rachel’s remark and she suddenly had an incredibly strong urge to run and hide. Was she really that obvious? “N-NO! I-I um uh you’ve done nothing wrong.” Fi said, stumbling over her words. She found herself nervously biting her lower lip trying to think of what to say as her hair shifted to a rosy red which did little to help her embarrassment. She wanted to say that she wasn’t making her uncomfortable, but that just wasn’t true. Extremely cute girls tended to make he uncomfortable. Especially when they got physically close to her. But that wasn’t Rachel’s fault! And it wasn’t really her own either, though she certainly felt like it was her fault at the moment. “I-I swear I’m not usually like this. I usually don’t get so easily . . .” Fi’s sentenced trailed off to silence as she failed to finish it. She looked away and rubbed the back of her neck.

Fiona shook her head. “No, it’s not that. Really, it isn’t. I promise. I just . . . it’s just . . .” Fiona failed to finish her sentence once again, this time ending it in an exacerbated huff. Her hand found the cup of water the house elf was holding out to her and she downed half of it at once. Why was talking to girls so freaking hard? She never thought she’d find anything more difficult than Transfiguration yet low and behold. “I’m sorry. I’m making this weird and awkward. I’m just not used to . . .” Fiona ended with a sigh before finishing off her glass of water.

Fiona was happy when the other girl changed the subject a bit. Though the wink did put her off-guard for a moment. So much so that she almost dropped the plate with a lemon cake the house elf was handing her. She managed to stop her fumble with her reflexes however. Why couldn’t everything just be as easy as catching a quaffle? Fiona smiled at the other girl. “I’ve always loved the farm. Course, there’s more to life beyond it. But I love it the same. It’s home. even if my Dad prefers I wake up at the ass crack of dawn to deal with mandrakes. The work is worth it in the end. It’s relaxing. What’s growing up in a manor like. ‘Fraid I’ve never been inside one.” As she waited for the girl’s response, Fi took a bite into her scrumptious lemon cake. As usual it was absolutely delicious. She could swear every time she had one it tasted better than the last.
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE