TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

Tests, Exams And Homework! Oh My!
Nova Watson
 Posted: Aug 9 2016, 07:31 PM
Nova Watson
Members
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
Sydney

@Marcus Barrow

Nova sat at the table in the study room. She was surrounded by books, parchment, quills, and ink wells. She was slightly overwhelmed by all the assignments she had been assigned lately. She was trying to get them all done on time and done well. She might be a Hufflepuff, but she still cared about getting good grades. She groaned and held her head as she felt a migrane starting to form. She did not feel like using magic to cure a damn head ache. So she went for one of the many muggle remedies for head aches. She rested her head on the cold table and hoped it would help a bit. It did, but only so much. She lifted her head and looked around. There wasnt anyone around, so she lied her head back down. Not even two minutes later, she felt someone sit at the table she was residing and she groaned before lifting her head back up and looking at who it was. It was actually someone she knew. One of her house mates. She smiled softly just to be polite and then rested her chin on her hand, "Hey there, whatcha doing here?"She asked nicely
PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Aug 9 2016, 08:44 PM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Slutty and Highly Distractible
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
"Hey, hey, hey, hey! Wanna hang out?"
I discovered the outdoors and never went back in.
Special Ability: Sheer Adorableness
Liz

Marc was not intending to study. After all, it was the beginning of a new semester! Exams had been taken, classes had been barely passed, and now he had months until it would be time to cram for OWLs! Studying was lame and he hated it with all the fiery passions of his soul.

But ... the thing was ... some people were looking for him. Some people who might not have been terribly happy to find frog spawn in their beds. Not that it wasn't worth it, because holy crap it totally was, but now he maybe had to go a little ... what was that word? Incogniz ... incontin ... incomp ... incognito! That was it! And where was the last place anybody would ever look for him? In a study room. Duh.

He was practically running when he burst into the room, cast around for an empty chair, and plopped down into it without even bothering to check whether the table was occupied. Turned out that it was ... by Nova! OK, that was cool! She was pretty cool. At least, he'd never had any sort of disagreement or unpleasantness with her, so, hey! She was no Duncan!

(He was still cringing from that whole crying-in-front-of-Duncan incident.)

"Hey!" Marc replied in his best attempt at a whisper (not a very good one). He pulled the hat off his head and started using it to fan at himself. It was oddly warm, running through the Hogwarts corridors when it was heated for winter. "Look, I think I might be about to die. I kinda maybe sorta put frog spawn in Jonathan and Toby's beds, right? Which was funny except then even funnier when they didn't look before sitting? And then they made these hilarious noises and started chasing after me? But now they might wanna kill me. Anyway ... are you studying? Ew. Why? It's a new semester!"

--------------------
Marc | Hufflepuff | 5th-year
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Nova Watson
 Posted: Aug 9 2016, 08:52 PM
Nova Watson
Members
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
Sydney

Novas eyes widened as Marcus began babbling, as he usually did, and her face went a little white. It was all so overwhelming how fast he spoke and what he said. She bit her lip and moved her hair to cover her shoulders to hide the scars. When he finally got to the part of why he was running for his life she sighed, "Really Marcus? Why do you do these things? Have I not told you before? If you do this kind of thing to the wrong person you could get seriously hurt."She said frowning as she crossed her arms over her chest. Her head was still spinning from her headache and she groaned putting her head in her hands and rubbing her temples to try and soothe the pain "Bloody hell, damn head ache." She looked up when he mentioned her studying and frowned "Yes I am studying. I actually care about my grades. Also being a muggle born, this is all so fascinating to me. I want to learn all I can. I love it."She said with a smile that showed off her dimples and made her face seem so much more happy in general. She loved magic.
PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Aug 10 2016, 01:30 AM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

Fortunately for Nova, Marc was completely oblivious to pretty much everything. Scars? Were there scars? He had no idea. It wasn't like they'd ever hooked up, so he had no reason to know that she had scars. He wasn't one to look around, really, or notice things that could possibly slip under the radar. So she was just a chick moving her hair around. Chicks did that. Like, a lot. Whatever.

He grinned and waved away Nova's concern. "Pffft. Because it's fun! And they wouldn't really hurt me ... I don't think. Just a little jelly-legs jinx, you know, or like ... maybe some frog spawn in return. And, anyway, even if I did get seriously hurt, there's nothing magical medicine can't fix! Like, you know how many times I've been up in the hospital wing? They just basically go swoosh and abracadabra and it's all good."

Yeah. He was confident. Usually foolishly so.

He frowned with concern about the headache and made a concerted effort to lower his voice. "Sorry. Can't really ... don't have any painkillers or anything. And I suck at magic, sooo ... yeah."

He sort of shrugged and leaned back in his chair when Nova spoke about why she was choosing to do her homework. Yeah, Marc didn't get it. Like, sure, he needed to pass. And he needed to pass well enough to stay on the Quidditch team. But beyond that? ... Yeah, no.

"Yeeeeah, I'm just ... you know ... like I used to study? Kinda? But it's pointless. I'm never gonna be smart, so ... why bother?"

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Nova Watson
 Posted: Aug 10 2016, 06:26 PM
Nova Watson
Members
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
Sydney

Nova was not really surprised at his words. Marcus was never really the type to care about rebuttals when it came to his pranks. Luckily she had never been the victim of one of them. She looked at him and listened to him speak "one day it could be alot worse than that. Marcus, you know I care about you please at least try and be careful" she said in a pleading tone. She didnt want to see him get hurt. She sighed even more when he mentioned how he didnt see the pojnt in studying "of ciurse you dont. You are a jock. The only thing on a jacks mind is hus dport. And girls. Disgusting" she said teasing him with a smile "I never really saw the point in quidditch. Isnt it dangerous?" That was probably why he was a constant patient in the hospital wing and hiw the nurses knew him by name. Nova sometimes volunteered in the hhospital wing and she had seen some nasty accidents come through the doors. She couldnt imagine someone she really loved and cared for going through that sort of injury all for a game. Madness, nova thought "you boys are silly"
PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Sep 11 2016, 06:06 PM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

Marc did a stupid little eyebrow waggle and leaned closer across the table. "You care about me, huh?" he asked, missing the point on purpose just to be absurd. "Aww, I like it. That's sweet." He knew what she meant, of course, but he could never resist an opportunity to turn something into ridiculous flirtation. It was just kinda his shtick.

Then she called him a jock, and Marc was pleasantly flattered. He'd never really thought of himself as a jock, because jocks were kind of ... badass, or something? And he just basically wasn't. But, hey, the idea that somebody else could consider him a jock was pretty awesome. Once again, he was missing the point, but this time it wasn't intentional. "Of course it's dangerous!" he exclaimed, already forgetting that he was trying to be quiet in deference to her headache. "That's part of what makes it so fun! You never know when you might go falling off your broom! It keeps it exciting."

Finally, he leaned back and shrugged. "Yeah, I guess we're silly, but you girls would hate to have to live without us. And it goes both ways, sooo ... " Grinning, he pulled the hat back onto his head because now he was less overheated and he knew for a fact that his hair looked ridiculous. "So, have you studied enough yet? Wanna go do something funner?"

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE