TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

First Date... God This Is Cheesy, Jessie Meadows | Madam Puddifoots
Duncan Connery
 Posted: Aug 16 2016, 09:25 PM
Duncan Connery
Slytherin
Single
Slytherin
16 YEARS OLD
"Stop calling me broody. I'm just quiet."
I'm a halfblood wizard and I'm 15. Hogwarts is my home. It's where I met Astrid, Matthew, and Ariadne, my best friends. Anything else you want to know, you can read my application.
Animagus in Training
Heather

its a first date

Nervously, Duncan ran a hand through his hair again. He looked at himself in the mirror and figured he was probably the best he was going to get. He'd grabbed a black button up shirt, thrown his dark grey zip up sweater on top of it. He'd had a hard time deciding between dark jeans or a thicker trouser, and because of the weather, had decided to go with the thicker trouser. He'd decided on thick wool socks and his black shoes. His parents would be proud that he's not wearing "those common people jeans" and a long-sleeved shirt.

He sighed. He was nervous. He knew Jessie liked him; they'd hung out and made out a few times that he didn't have to doubt that. Also, this was his first date. He and Astrid had just hung out and more often than not, ended up falling asleep.

It was almost time for everyone to depart to Hogsmeade so he figured he should suck it up and go get Jessie. He took a deep breath, stood straight, nodded to himself in the mirror, and left his dormitory, walking through the common room. He quickly made his way to the Hufflepuff common room where he said he was gonna meet Jessie. He saw her standing outside the common room, looking more beautiful than he'd seen her before. Because he figured she'd dressed the way she had specifically for him. And that made his heart flutter.

"Hey," he said as he walked over and nervously took hold of her hand, instantly threading their fingers together. He just hoped he didn't look as nervous as he felt.

how awkward could it be? | @Jess

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jessie Meadows
 Posted: Aug 16 2016, 10:58 PM
Jessie Meadows
Hufflepuff
Single and looking.
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
You move on when your heart understands that there is no turning back.
N/A
No Special Ability
Jess

Her dorm was a flurry of whispers and excited chatter, as each girl swarmed about the room. Jessie could see the surprise on her friends' faces, as she too got ready with them. Typically, the little badger stayed in, maybe helping a girl with her makeup, but quickly retiring to the common room to read by the fire. But as Jessie twirled her hair around the curling wand pulling her locks back with countless bobby pins, her heart pounded in her chest. Her body was trembling, and she hadn't even seen Duncan yet. In fact, she nearly dropped her mascara wand, as she put the finishing touches of makeup on.

Jessie sighed, as she looked over her outfit in the mirror. It was cute. Her friends had been in awe, and to be fair, she liked it too.. But it was her first date. Ever. And nothing that she had tried on felt good enough. Nothing felt perfect on her. Duncan deserved to have someone who looked equally as breathtaking as he did. Enough, she thought to herself. Chin up buttercup. Maybe she wasn't exactly in his league, but she could damn well try to be.

Waiting outside of the Hufflepuff common room, she couldn't help but to pace back and forth. Her hands were red from wringing them together so much. What if he decided that he didn't want to go on a date with her? What if- Oh. "Hey," she breathed, cut off by Duncan's appearance by her side.

Her stomach did somersaults, as he intertwined their fingers. "Not going to lie, I thought you might have bailed. Can I blame it on first date jitters? Also.. Damn. Someone cleans up nicely," she said, making a show of checking him out. Purposely stepping back one pace, giving him an up and down, before returning to her previous spot. . He looked ravishing. Not once at she ever used that word to describe someone. Honestly, she never wanted someone as much as she wanted him in that instant. Duncan, as always, looked cool, calm, and collected.

Her cheeks reddened at her own inner turmoil. Later, she thought. Just wait till later before you go kissing him again.

--------------------
Jessie Meadows ( App -- Plotter -- Tracker )
PMEmail
^
Duncan Connery
 Posted: Aug 16 2016, 11:28 PM
Duncan Connery
Slytherin
Single
Slytherin
16 YEARS OLD
I'm a halfblood wizard and I'm 15. Hogwarts is my home. It's where I met Astrid, Matthew, and Ariadne, my best friends. Anything else you want to know, you can read my application.
Animagus in Training
Heather

its a first date

God. Her hair was perfect, her makeup was excellent, and her outfit was probably the cutest, most adorable, and yet sexiest outfit he'd seen her wear. He refused to blush, but he figured his cheeks probably were a little pink. Hopefully, he could play it off as the cold air as they made their way outside.

She thought he was going to stand her up? Why would he have bailed on the girl he'd had a secret crush on for a year and a half? "Why on earth would I stand you up? We've been hanging out for a few weeks now; you know me better than that." He felt his arm swinging a little, their hands swinging between them as they walked down the castle entrance steps and started making their way towards Hogsmeade.

He had a few plans for today. First, he wanted them to stop at Honeyduke's and he was going to buy her some of her favorite candy, whatever it was, no matter the cost. His parents could afford it; he could afford it. Then, he wanted to take her to Madam Puddifoot's Tea Shop, even though that was what ever new couple did from Hogwarts, but he didn't want to go to one of the pubs where all the students and professors hung around with warm drinks. Though, maybe they could visit Zonko's and find some joke stuff, though not too big of a joke. Something silly like turning someone's hair purple, or changing all their Hogwarts robes red for a day, or changing their house colors for a day.

As they drew nearer to the village, he got more nervous. "So.... what's your favorite type of candy?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jessie Meadows
 Posted: Aug 17 2016, 12:01 AM
Jessie Meadows
Hufflepuff
Single and looking.
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
No Special Ability
Jess

Jessie felt a tinge of guilt. She squeezed his hand, hoping he wasn't upset with her. "I'm sorry. It's just... It's happened before, you know? I hang out with someone, they ask me on a date... and never show. They'll say I'm too intense for them. Or not putting out enough. So, hopefully you're not too upset with me for being a tad skeptical. But you're right. I shouldn't have doubted you."

They drew nearer to the village, walking in comfortable silence, until he asked what her favorite candy was. An idea struck her brain, almost as if she had been zapped by lightning. Jessie stopped dead in her tracks, until she took the reigns, and led him to lean against a tree. The little 'puff glanced around, thankful that everyone seemed to be well on their way to the village.

Bringing her brown eyes up to meet his, her gut burned with a sudden want. "My favorite candy? Hmm," she said, biting her lip and keeping eye contact with him. "Oh! A sugar quill, yum." Jessie licked her lip, her hands gripping onto his sweater. "And there's only one right way to eat them. You have to start with the tip," she breathed. Her body was flush against his, as she stood on her tiptoes in order to press her lips against the side of his neck. The friction of that alone about killed her. Voice muffled against the curvature of his neck, she said, "You have to lick around it, you know? Swirl your tongue..." Jessie kissed right above his collarbone. "But then you can move farther down, dragging your tongue from top to bottom." After she had finished speaking, she moved her mouth farther up his neck, dragging kisses across his jawline. She stopped once her mouth reached his.

"And then you repeat," she finished, stepping away from the tree. "So, you wanna buy a sugar pill?"

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Duncan Connery
 Posted: Aug 17 2016, 10:34 PM
Duncan Connery
Slytherin
Single
Slytherin
16 YEARS OLD
Animagus in Training
Heather

its a first date

He frowned at her response. Other people had ditched her before? Did they not know how beautiful she was? Duncan was appalled that she'd been treated that way. His parents had taught him manners, and taught him to respect a woman. And that was definitely not polite.

And then she was pushing him up against a tree, pressing in close to him. Her lips pressed against his neck before she spoke and his breath hitched. He rested his hands against the tree so they didn't wander anywhere inappropriate, but just placing them there wasn't enough. He dug his hands in and tried to breathe. All he'd asked was her favorite candy and this, this was going to kill him. God. He looked down at her as she gazed up at him, continuing her explanation until she pulled away abruptly. He could finally breathe and took a huge breath, trying to regain his balance and composure.

He smiled at her and reached out to take her hand again. As he took hold of her hand, he said, "I mean. If that's what you want." He'd offered her her pick of the candies and if that was what she wanted, though it would cause some impolite problems in his pants, he'd hide his problems and let her be happy.

"Let's just... uh... Start with candy and then go to Madam Puddifoot's..." He muttered out before pulling her quickly into the candy store to hide from his shame. He shouldn't have improper feelings like that about someone he was going on a first date with. He was only sixteen! And it was their first date! Though if she kept up the flirting, it wouldn't be many more dates before something happened.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jessie Meadows
 Posted: Aug 17 2016, 11:20 PM
Jessie Meadows
Hufflepuff
Single and looking.
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
No Special Ability
Jess

As Duncan smiled down at her, she returned it with the same; but with a little bit of a falter. A feeling in Jessie's gut told her that she'd made a mistake. It also told her that mentioning what had just happened wouldn't be a bright idea either. Inwardly kicking herself, she nodded at his response. "Yeah. I think I'll just go with a chocolate frog. Let's go." It had only been a couple of minutes, and she was already screwing it all up.

There was a lot of hustle and bustle inside Honeyduke's, as the couple weaved between duos and singles. The gleeful smile on everyone's faces made Jessie's heart warm, and her mood increased back to where it was at the beginning of the night. Couples and groups alike were all laughing, teasing each other about one another's dates. It was almost like every other year, with no transparency laws to change anything. Almost instantly, she felt a weight on her chest. Out of everyone, Jessie should have been the most welcoming among the students. For she knew the feeling of being left out, and shunned. Despite knowing how it felt to be excluded, the little 'puff couldn't find it in her to be as accepting as she should have been.

Shaking her head to clear the jumbled thoughts, she smiled up at Duncan, fists full of candy. "Let me go get in line, then we can head to Puddifoot's, okay? It shouldn't take too long," she said, leaning up on her tiptoes in order to kiss his cheek. Hopefully she would be able to get away fast enough to pay for everything herself. Jessie was sure he would be paying for dinner. The least she could do was pay for her own candy.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Duncan Connery
 Posted: Aug 26 2016, 11:11 PM
Duncan Connery
Slytherin
Single
Slytherin
16 YEARS OLD
Animagus in Training
Heather

its a first date

As they walked along towards Honeydukes, he felt a small, almost secretive smile curve his lips upwards as he stared at the snow crunching beneath their feet. He enjoyed holding her hand, walking beside her, and just being with Jessie. But he was also anxious that the date would go horribly wrong. He always worried things would go wrong, that he wasn't going to be good enough. Like when he could never measure up to his parents expectations and constantly failed them.

They walked into the store and he watched as she went to pick out her candy. He got slightly distracted by looking around at the other couples purchasing candy, feeding each other small gummy wands, sharing an acid pop. He hated acid pops, but gummy wands were good in moderation. His all time favorite candy snacks were sugar wands. Similar to sugar quills, it was basically a solid stick of sugar that melted once in your mouth. The sugar wands were magically protected against melting in people's fingers, so their fingers didn't get sticky. It had been his saving grace as a child. If he'd had sticky hands, his parents would have refused to touch him until a servant had helped clean his hands three times.

He realized he was lost in thoughts and shook his head, jerking himself out of them before glancing up and looking around for Jessie who, despite being told he'd pay for her candy, was just finishing up paying for her own. Damn. He'd failed again; already, he wasn't good at this date thing. Another thing for his parents to be disappointed in him for. He walked over to her and took hold of her hand again once she'd finished paying, a little subdued, but hoping Madam Puddifoot's went better. "Ready for Madam Puddifoot's?" He asked her.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Jessie Meadows
 Posted: Sep 7 2016, 09:23 PM
Jessie Meadows
Hufflepuff
Single and looking.
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
No Special Ability
Jess

As the small girl waited in line, she couldn't help but to notice how flustered the cashier was. A pang of sympathy hit her like freight train. Not only was the store incredibly crowded, but it was also Valentine's Day. How awful it must be to be spending your day checking out hundreds of couples. When she made it to the checkout counter, Jessie made sure to offer her kindest smile, reassuring the cashier that all was well.

Sighing heavily, she glanced around for Duncan. Yes, he had said he wanted to buy her candy.. But she didn't want him to pay, and then be a little low on cash in the near future. Jessie really didn't want to be a burden. Her thoughts came to a ceasing halt as she felt a familiar hand slide into hers.

"Hey babe," she breathed, stretching upwards to kiss his cheek. With a gleeful smile, she pulled him out of the shop. "Look! I ended up grabbing loads of different stuff for us. We'll be snacking on it all for days!"

Her guilt from what she had done earlier was really eating at her, and the poor girl wasn't good at easing back into normalcy.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Duncan Connery
 Posted: Oct 2 2016, 12:56 AM
Duncan Connery
Slytherin
Single
Slytherin
16 YEARS OLD
Animagus in Training
Heather

its a first date

Duncan waited for Jessie to purchase her candy as he'd so obviously failed to stop her. Almost like he failed in most things except Potions and Arithmancy. She smiled up at him and he let a smile slide onto his face. He leaned down and kissed her before leading her into Madam Puddifoots.

The employee at the front of the house seated them at a booth near the back, Duncan sliding into the side that looked towards the back of the restaurant. As he sat across from her, he smiled, feeling like sitting down may have refocused him on the date. Or at least, for a little bit. "Want an acid pop?" He asked her, pulling two out of his robe pocket, one for him and one for her if she wanted it. But only if she wanted it; he didn't want to impose anything on her.

Conversation flowed around them, couples engaged in their own conversations, focused on their own interactions. It both caused him anxiety and relieved him. He felt comfortable in the atmosphere of the shop, but anxious in the presence of others. His mind wandered and before he knew it, twenty minutes had gone by with him stuck in his own thoughts. He sheepishly looked at Jessie and apologized. "Sorry... Got... lost for a moment. Are you enjoying yourself?" He sucked at dates. He and Astrid had never had a real date, a proper date. They'd done the hanging out thing, the secret room that had been meant to be a date, but had ended in both of them sleeping, so he'd never had an actual date before. And he was pretty sure this was the most awkward, cheesy first date ever.

He looked at the time on his wristwatch, noting that they didn't have too much time left for the Hogsmeade trip, so he shouldn't zone out again like he had just done. That hadn't been very conducive to a good date. Or conducive to him being a good date.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE