TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

Be True To Your Feelings, Eloise Moreau | 11 | Empath | Gryffindor
Eloise Moreau
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 04:41 PM
Eloise Moreau
Gryffindor
Single
Muggleborn
Eleven YEARS OLD
N/A
Silent. Subtle. Stubborn. Born in France, moved to England at a young age. Estranged from her parents. Likes flying, open water, horses, and chocolate. Hates strawberries, enclosed spaces, cats, and liars. Yes, there is a French accent.
Empath
Rae

This could be a lot to read, so I apologize in advance. Please do feel free to skip around a bit if you'd like.

ELOISE ANTOINETTE MOREAU
I am more than an afterthought

Hey there. I'm Eloise, call me Eloise. Not Ellie or El. Eloise. Anyways, I'm eleven years old, blonde haired and blue eyed and as magical as a first year student witch can be. I don't talk much, but when I do, I usually have something important to say. I don't appreciate it when people bully others or try to conceal their own fears, emotions, or lack of confidence with blustering words. I can see straight through it, trust me. My parents were never around much, so I know how to take care of myself. I do not appreciate comments about my family-- I love my parents and they love me, end of the story. I'm muggleborn and muggle-raised, so don't go spouting any of your false prejudices around me. If you get a laugh out of me sometime, it'll either be just a slight ghost of a chuckle of a full out burst of giggles, in which case you have been gifted with a rare sight.

The Statute is a pretty interesting thing that brought magic into my life and has opened up a whole new world for me, so saying I don't mind it could be a bit of an understatement. We're all entitled to our own opinions, and I don't mind listening to yours even if they conflict with my own. I always end up knowing how you all feel about things, anyways. Nobody ever pays much attention to me unless they're in need and it's always been that way. I won't let you use me, though, so don't even try-- I expect you to be there when I get into a mess, too. I just happen to prefer not being in the spotlight most of the time. Oh, I'm plenty assertive when I need to be, but it can be like I haven't got a voice (metaphorically, too) unless you prod me for ages or it's required to speak. I'm not really shy about it, I just think it's unnecessary. But I still want to make my own distinct footprint in the world. And just a by the way, if you give me chocolate, I may talk to you more than usual. But only maybe.

Friends are always welcomed. I like to be around a lot of people, though, so if you're the kind of person who prefers a quiet room with just us two, you may be out of luck. I like down to earth conversations and I don't mind being your pillar if you're in a tough situation, though. I like to consider myself good at listening to other peoples' problems, especially because I understand how they feel most of the time. I won't really let anyone in, though, and don't even try to change my thinking process and replace it with your own through sweet talk or flattery. Confidence is a nice trait for my friends to have, so they aren't constantly anxious or afraid, hereby spreading those feelings to me. Negativity is also unappreciated, but an excess of optimism can quickly become dreary. Could we all just stay calm for a little while? Even if I don't like you, I won't be so rude as to tell you outright unless you ask. And there will surely be a reason, even if you don't like it.

Enemies are more uncommon than friends, since I tend to get along with the majority of people. Most don't mind a quiet person who's fairly intelligent but not really a smart aleck. However, I can't abide all this bashing and negativity that some people have towards muggles and muggleborns in general. It's not quite even a personal thing, just discrimination is never really an attractive or proper pastime for someone to have. I won't just spill all my secrets out on the table, so if you're a little nosy kid at heart who wants to delve into my soul and analyze how my brain works, you're pretty much out of luck. I can get pretty curt with anyone who wants to mess around with me or my friends, although I'm not as protective as other Gryffindors seem to be. I'll hang around in the shadows most of the time and watch the show, so if you like to nitpick at people who you think are "useless" or "shy" or "frightened" you can try it on me. But, you'll want to watch your back and you'd better have something under that arrogance or I will rip you apart and reveal your little insecurities inside. I can sympathize with you, though, if you give me a chance, because everyone has flaws... and I understand your emotions, too.

Lovers are not really something that I've considered at all. First of all, I'm eleven; you'd have to be sick to consider some sort of physical relationship that involved me. I've had a few crushes over the years, none of which lasted any meaningful amount of time. Mostly, it's just been a part of growing up and figuring out who exactly I am and what kind of people I take a liking to. Laid-back and easygoing folk are nice most of the time, and perhaps surprisingly enough, I don't mind chatterboxes or gossips, as long as they're not being harmful in any way. It helps to drown out all of the emotions constantly floating around in the atmosphere-- like white noise. I'm not really fond of drama queens or debby downers, since they're always looking at things in a way that just makes life difficult for those around them. And, I see right through it, so rather than making me excited, angry, or worried, I just feel a bit irritated.

PM
^
Evelyn
 Posted: Aug 10 2016, 02:51 PM
Evelyn
OOC
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
EVELYN <3

ELOISE & ROSS

Ross is a first year Slytherin (although he's more suited to Ravenclaw) who comes from a strict pureblood family with a nasty mudblood hating father. Although he's a bit sweeter and more mild and kind, sometimes his father's prejudices do kind of come through a bit. He's the opposite of Eloise in that he's introverted and quiet and would rather stay alone in his room reading than go to a social event where he's in danger of a lot of people talking to him.

SO. Either they're bffs and Eloise teaches Ross all about being nice to people and generally being a better person OR he gets off on the completely wrong foot with her and they have some kind of mutual dislike thing going on.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE