TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

Getting Away With A Prank (open)
Rachel Winston
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 08:38 PM
Rachel Winston
Gryffindor
Single; Demisexual
Pureblood
14 YEARS OLD
"Ain't nothing sweet about me."
N/A
No special abilities
Shei

Late November, 2035

Okay so. First things first, the knot needs to be looser here and tighter there or the bucket won't fall. Rachel's lips twitched and she allowed herself a grin while she concentrated on her work. Yes, there wasn nothing magical about this trap. Yes it was extremely old school. And, yeah, maybe the library wasn't exactly the best place to do this. But hey. Rachel had a small opportunity window and hell if she wasn't going to take it.

Securing the final knot she sighed and stepped back. Lucy Perrin always sat at that table. She always came here after lunch. She always sat in that corner. And she always brought along her pathetic group of snots. Rachel laughed and hid behind the bookshelf. Well today would be different. The girls pristine robes and perfectly curled hair would soon be covered in a mess of mud and worms and whatever else she could find in the cold weather.

As the girls stepped through the trap three buckets fell in sync. Three loud squeals pealed through the library. Rachel lingered just long enough to savor her special brand of justice before she peeled herself away from her hiding spot and made a mad dash back into the corridor. Once she was sure she was safe, she started laughing hysterically.

Rachel was by no means especially cruel. She never pranked someone who didn't do something to deserve it. And boy, had Lucy Perrin deserved it. Se was constantly picking on the first years almost systematically breaking their confidence. Rachel couldn't stand for that.

Grinning to herself she leaned against the wall feeling smug and confident she hadn't been caught.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Celia Longbottom
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 01:17 AM
Celia Longbottom
Gryffindor
Single
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
"Nah, it's OK. It wasn't that bad."
Some extremely weird stuff happened to me this past summer and I'm still trying to come to terms with it.
Special Ability: Judo
Liz

In prior years, Celia would have helped Rachel set up the trap. This year, though, she was just too tired to get up from her chair. She watched, though, grinning to herself as Rachel got things all put together. She'd really come into her own as far as defeating the bullies went. She didn't even need Celia anymore, did she? Rachel could do anything on her own.

Which was a sad thought. Actually, she didn't like it all that much. Celia could remember Rachel as a little first-year, and now she was all tall and everything was different and ...

Now she was jolted out of her thoughts by the success of the bucket trap. Of course, as a Prefect, Celia was supposed to report Rachel and get her in trouble. But Lucy Perrin was mean, and a little vigilante justice had always been something Celia liked to indulge in, so ... she hadn't seen anything! Nope, nothing at all.

Suddenly feeling a bit more energized, she grabbed her book, slammed it shut, and followed Rachel out into the hall. "Come on," Celia murmured, grabbing Rachel by the wrist and tugging her forward. "They'll be coming out here any minute, and they're on the warpath, and I don't wanna have to turn you in!"

--------------------
Celia | Gryffindor | 6th-year | Prefect
Thread Tracker | Backstory: Longbottom Hostage Crisis

user posted image
PM
^
Rachel Winston
 Posted: Jul 24 2016, 01:54 AM
Rachel Winston
Gryffindor
Single; Demisexual
Pureblood
14 YEARS OLD
"Ain't nothing sweet about me."
N/A
No special abilities
Shei

Rachel let a giggle escape her lips. Here was her very own get out of trouble free card. Her partner in crime. Her idol. "Aww, but CeeCee. It was such a good way to handle things." She let herself be pulled along for a bit before trotting up so their strides matched. "And you would never turn me in." She peered at her friend with a grin on her face.

It faltered slightly when an answering grin was not given in return. Rachel frowned. Something had upset her dear friend and mentor and she wished the older girl would confide in her. She nudged Celia gently with her arm. "Hey. You know I only do these things to punish those who'd go unpunished right?Like Perrin totally stole a girl's antique brooch from her dorm today and the poor girl was practically shouted down." Rachel made a face. "Perrin is such a slimy thing, I thought she might feel better amoung her own."

Still Celia pulled her along. "Hey," She gave a small tug on her wrist, trying to get Celia's attention. "Ceecee, are you okay? You've been...not you for a bit." She felt nervous. Did she do something? Did she forget to do something? Knowing her it was very possible. "Hey, smile okay? You taught me all I know. So smile?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Celia Longbottom
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 09:33 PM
Celia Longbottom
Gryffindor
Single
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
"Nah, it's OK. It wasn't that bad."
Some extremely weird stuff happened to me this past summer and I'm still trying to come to terms with it.
Special Ability: Judo
Liz

"It was," Celia agreed, still tugging Rachel along, "and I wouldn't unless I had to, so sometimes we just have to flee the scene of the crime!" Onward they went, turning a few corners and then a few others. For some reason, Celia seemed to want them to get incredibly far away from the scene of the crime. Way farther than was strictly necessary. It was like she'd started moving and just wasn't quite sure how to stop.

That happened sometimes. It took so much effort to get going that she worried if she let herself stop, she might never ever be able to get started again.

"Perrin's a bitch," Celia agreed, still on the move and not realizing how bizarre it was that they were still half-running from something that really wasn't that big a deal in the first place.

Finally, Celia responded to the tug on her wrist. She came to a stop, turning to look at Rachel with a strange expression on her face. What had they even been doing? Why was she running? Huh ... she focused in on her friend's features.

And then she felt a pang in her chest. How can you be 'not you' if you've completely forgotten who 'you' were to begin with?

She sighed and let go of Rachel's wrist. "No, I know, I ... it's weird. Everything's very ... weird. But I'm trying, really, I am." She smiled then, but it looked forced. "And good job on Perrin. She deserves it."

--------------------
Celia | Gryffindor | 6th-year | Prefect
Thread Tracker | Backstory: Longbottom Hostage Crisis

user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE