TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

Unbowed, Unbent, Unbroken, Jessie Meadows - 16 - Hufflepuff
Jessie Meadows
 Posted: Jul 24 2016, 03:14 PM
Jessie Meadows
Hufflepuff
Single and looking.
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
You move on when your heart understands that there is no turning back.
N/A
No Special Ability
Jess

FRIENDS. The little badger has many, many people she associates with. Anyone and everyone is a friend. Well, if they aren't an absolute pest. She may have several people she talks to and hangs out with on a regular basis, there is only a handful of people she connects to. These are the few who know her inside and out. Her closest companion is Camille Kiruki. Having known her since the age of 11, they have a close bond. Recently (summer she turned 16) Jessie asked Camille if she could start staying with her, due to her home life. Cami is pretty much her legal guardian.

ENEMIES. Anyone unnecessarily rude, prejudiced, or otherwise hateful. There are no specifics currently. It might be useful to add that she STRONGLY dislikes those who bully muggles/muggleborns.

LOVE. Jessie has never been in a serious relationship. Although, she frequently seeks out romantic oppurtunies, only to return empty handed. That being said, she has been kissed once or twice. By Marc. The two are close friends, but occasionally hookup in what Jessie calls, "Moments of weakness." Albeit lack of romantic interactions, she has high standards and expectations concerning relationships.

occupation
sexuality
status
player alias
timezone
contact

--------------------
Jessie Meadows ( App -- Plotter -- Tracker )
PMEmail
^
Liz
 Posted: Jul 24 2016, 03:28 PM
Liz
OOC
Old and married
Muggle (unfortunately)
Just so old (30) YEARS OLD
"Seriously? I turn my back for five seconds and there's a pencil in the ceiling?"
I am a teacher. I have the power of spending all day with 8th-graders and still loving them.
Special Ability: Awkwardness
Liz

LET ME THROW MY HOGWARTS BBS AT YOU!

Marc is a 5th-year Puff who's super outgoing and wants to be friends with everyone who'll have him, so I imagine they could have a long history of hanging out and/or possibly making out. He's a very simple creature, not very bright or serious, but really caring and welcoming. He likes mischief.

Casey is a 6th-year Slyth who's a muggle, so he's new this year due to the Statute. He's constantly terrified, totally doesn't trust magic, and didn't come to Hogwarts because he wanted to. He only came because his parents made him. He also does this whole post-traumatic anxiety outburst thing in the wake of his siblings' death and his parents' not giving him the time to properly grieve.

Celia is a 6th-year Gryff Prefect who used to be really bouncy and outgoing like Jessie, so it would make sense for them to have been friends in prior years. This year she's dealing with severe PTSD after a horrible event that happened to her family over the summer, so she's behaving differently. I wrote up the Daily Prophet coverage of her traumatic event, if you're interested. It's in my character board.

So, hooray! Let me know who strikes your fancy! I also have an upcoming Potions prof but I can't play him just yet. BUT HE WILL ROCK, TOO. And if you want more info about my bbs, all the links are down in my signature.

YAY FOR JESSIE!

--------------------
MARC: App | Plotter | Tracker CASEY: App | Plotter | Tracker
CELIA: App | Plotter | Tracker PIETRO: App | Plotter | Tracker
PM
^
Jessie Meadows
 Posted: Jul 24 2016, 03:54 PM
Jessie Meadows
Hufflepuff
Single and looking.
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
No Special Ability
Jess

Definitely interested Marc. They could have a close friendship where they kissed once, and it never happened again. But maybe Jessie enjoyed it more than she lets on. They would be a HOOT in class together. (That detention we talked about, in transfiguration.)

Jessie will be really sympathetic(empathetic?) towards Casey. She can't totally relate to him, but since they both come from the Muggle world, it gives them common ground.

As for Celia, Jess will STRONGLY want to reach out to her, especially if they had been friends previously, and later drifted apart.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Liz
 Posted: Jul 24 2016, 04:13 PM
Liz
OOC
Old and married
Muggle (unfortunately)
"Seriously? I turn my back for five seconds and there's a pencil in the ceiling?"
I am a teacher. I have the power of spending all day with 8th-graders and still loving them.
Liz

YESSS, THEY ARE ALL WONDERFUL.

Marc would definitely have loved kissing Jessie and would want it to happen again, especially now that he's had his near-death experience with the giant squid. XD So, yes, adorableness there. Close friends with some sexual/romantic tension that flares up sometimes.

Casey is always a tentative dick at first with magical people, but softens up pretty quickly when people are nice to him. So there would definitely be a little rough patch at first, but she seems the type to be able to stick it out? And the poor kid definitely needs some friends his own age.

Celia absolutely needs old friends who don't abandon her because of her mood shift, and she probably needs someone who can eventually get her to talk about the crap she went through.

<3 FOR ALL. WHICH SHOULD WE START FIRST?

--------------------
PM
^
Jessie Meadows
 Posted: Jul 24 2016, 04:47 PM
Jessie Meadows
Hufflepuff
Single and looking.
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
No Special Ability
Jess

I saw we do Marsie first http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/wink.gif Do you mind starting the thread? I'm afraid I'm not brave enough to.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Liz
 Posted: Jul 24 2016, 05:14 PM
Liz
OOC
Old and married
Muggle (unfortunately)
Liz

--------------------
PM
^
Jett
 Posted: Jul 24 2016, 06:20 PM
Jett
Admin
Site Administrator
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
23 YEARS OLD
I'm bleedin out, and if the last thing that I do is bring you down, I'll bleed out for you
I don't know where this is either
I don't even know where this is
Jett

Jessie and Matthew
So, there's basically no way in any universe that these two wouldn't be friends. Matthew's a sixth year Slytherin, and he's incredibly nice and outgoing, and still a bit childlike at times. He's also a pyromaniac, basically. I can't imagine them not getting along. I sort of see Matthew as a circle jumper, in that he has his own really tight group of friends, but then also hangs out with various other groups of people. And he's decent friends with Celia, and it seems Jessie is, too. So maybe they aren't like BEST friends who confide everything in each other or anything, but they've known each other for years and hang out often with communal friends? And giving them reasons to hang out on their own this year will be incredibly easy.

Maybe it would be interesting to say that one of them had an unreciprocated crush on the other when they were younger or something, just to add some backstory, and maybe leave open options for future threads? Matthew has a girlfriend right now, but she's driving him mad and they'll be breaking up soon, so he'll be open for various romantic interaction sometime in the near future http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

As for a thread, it would make plenty of sense for Matthew to seek Jessie out to ask about Celia, because I think they'd both be worried about her. But he can also be anywhere and doing just about anything, so I'm up for whatever http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

PMEmail
^
Liz
 Posted: Jul 24 2016, 06:31 PM
Liz
OOC
Old and married
Muggle (unfortunately)
Liz

@StressedPeach @Jett

Yo, IN MY HEADCANON CELIA DEVELOPS A SUPER AWKWARD CRUSH ON MATTHEW JUST FYI SO THAT MAKES ALL OF THIS EVEN BETTER.

--------------------
PM
^
Jessie Meadows
 Posted: Jul 24 2016, 07:41 PM
Jessie Meadows
Hufflepuff
Single and looking.
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
No Special Ability
Jess

--------------------
PMEmail
^
Shane Rogers
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 06:00 PM
Shane Rogers
Hufflepuff
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
Umbra

Shane needs to meet more hufflepuffs and since I am gearing more towards him knowing people who hes in a house with I wouldn't mind these two interacting as if they have atleast seen eachother and talked here and there. From there who knows what could happen, I just think it would be nice to see these two meet.
PM
^
Jessie Meadows
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 06:08 PM
Jessie Meadows
Hufflepuff
Single and looking.
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
No Special Ability
Jess

@Shane Rogers

Yeah! I would be down for that! I'm heading to soccer in about an hour or so, but you're more than welcome to start a thread. If not, I can always start one, once I get back from practice.

--------------------
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE