TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

Present Anger Derives From Past Weaknesses, Theo Joynson - 16 - Animagus - Slytherin
Theodora Joynson
 Posted: Aug 17 2016, 07:17 PM
Theodora Joynson
Members
She'd like to see you try
Half-Blood
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Animagus
Everest

Slytherin
Animagus
Precocious
Cynical
Conniving
Theodora Joynson

meet theo.

Patience is a virtue that few people ever successfully learn in life, but Theodora has already adapted well to it. Though she was born into a life of wealth and privilege, her childhood wasn't what could be described as pampered. Thanks to the mysterious illness that plagued her early years, she grew up in seclusion, with only paid staff and impersonal items to keep her company. Her parents are good people, but love has never been in their vocabulary. To them, she was just a mare to be sold out for breeding eventually and her sickness was an inconvenience. Growing up that way did harden her, sure, but it also taught her that all good things take time. Theo had many endless hours of free time to herself at the manor, and she spent a lot of them reading. Muggle works of Tolstoy, Shakespeare, and Bronte, as well as wizarding masterpieces by Wakefield, Lockhart, and Spangle. As a result she acquired an impeccable vocabulary and a pool of knowledge on a board variety of subjects, both beyond her years. It's been a long time since anyone has looked at Theo and actually seen a child. She doesn't look like a child, or carry herself like a child, or act like a child. Precocious even before she knew the meaning of the word, people have always expected great things from her and she can't let them down. She's quick-tongued and ambitious. A natural fighter, her blue gaze is set to stun. She's poised in all things she does, and well versed in reading people. Because she doesn't talk all the time or in circles, her words tend to have a heavy weight on the minds of others. She can make the least pleasurable things seem like a blessing in disguise, and vice versa. It's a dog eat dog world out there, and only the fittest of the pack will survive. Weakness won't be tolerated and must be eliminated. Emotions are worst of all — but luckily, Theo doesn't seem to have any as it is. Cynical and controlling, nothing is ever good enough for her. Even perfection falls short. Conniving doesn't begin to cover the darkest aspect of Theodora's personality. In everything she does, there's some secret plan. Conspiracies and tricks are her specialties. It's why she doesn't make the best friend. She likes to play both sides of the battle, only to jump into the winner's ship at the very last moment. She's sneaky, manipulative, and occasionally amoral, but also reasonable. In fact, that's probably the most annoying thing about Theo: everything she does, says and is can be rationalised and given a noble purpose. Theodora was brought up to believe that physical violence should be avoided whenever possible, that fists are the weapons of the weak and uncreative. But Theo isn't as really untouchable as she'd like to seem. She is, way down in the depths of her heart, kind and quite loyal to those whom she cares for. Of course, her kindness is often subtle and far overlooked as compared to others' open arms of niceness, but kindness she does possess. She may not care about many people, but the ones who do enjoy her affects can always count on her. Theo's cardinal rule is to take care of her own, no matter the cost, no matter the consequences, no matter who she has to hurt. She won't tell them that she loves them, but also wouldn't hesitate to break a few dozen laws to protect them. Her trust is earned, as odd and undefined as that might be, but few people have the patience to get there with her. She's gotten used to being alone.

friends.

Her cold exterior matches her even icier interior. Therefore, in order to successfully crack her shell, you would need to "melt" her personality. Hopefully, she will be able to feel comfortable enough to open herself to someone.

enemies.

Most say, making enemies, is one of her many talents. She may come off rude and arrogant but in reality, it's only because Theo doesn't feel much emotion. Thus, not being able feel empathy.

lovers.

For now, I would say being in a relationship with her, would be rather impossible. But maybe someone could surprise her, we never know... Although Theo isn't a fan of relationships, she's attracted to everyone. Teenage hormones, I guess? In fact, it would be interesting to see how she would react if someone were to have a crush on her. Theo isn't the type to be disgusted by anyone but she might give them a hard time to see if they are actually worth it.
PM
^
Jess
 Posted: Aug 17 2016, 07:36 PM
Jess
OOC
N/A
N/A
17 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
Jessie Meadows

Hey there, boo bear!

So, Jessie totally has this thing where if someone doesn't immediately open up to her, she practically bombards them with questions, follows them around, etc. Theodora will intrigue her beyond belief. Jessie will pretty much try her hardest, in order to get her new buddy to open up and confide in her. My charrie is super nosey, but in the kindest way possible.

Just let me know what you're comfortable doing, and we can start a thread!!!

---Love,
Jess
PMEmail
^
Honora Jackos
 Posted: Aug 18 2016, 12:48 AM
Honora Jackos
Slytherin
Single but ready to get around. Make-out slut with Marcus Barrow.
Pureblood
16 YEARS OLD
"The day I dress for a man is the day they dress me in my coffin to see Merlin."
16 candles. October baby, bitch. Talk to the hand because the face don't give a damn. Makin' out with ya' man.
No Special Ability except being a stone cold bitch with great hair.
Bee

Honora and Theodora:

I think Honora and Theodora would have some mutual-ness. I'm not sure this would extent to friendship at some point, but I do think that Honora would appreciate her icy-ness since she's also quite icy herself.

Also, I don't know but Theodora might/could possibly appreciate Honora's fighter-ness, or rather like her strong will to do things (because good grades take effort for her!).

By the way, love Theo! <3

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Theodora Joynson
 Posted: Aug 18 2016, 11:16 AM
Theodora Joynson
Members
Half-Blood
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Animagus
Everest

Jessie and Theo Although Theo will get annoyed by her at first. Maybe Jessie can help her open up. I like the idea of an "unusual" friendship.
THANKS ♥

Honora and Theo Honora seems like someone that Theo would be interested in but she would have to approach Theo first. Maybe they could be partners-in-crime later on, strutting through the Hallways like they own it. Thanks! I love Honora too <3
THANKS ♥

PM
^
Jett
 Posted: Aug 22 2016, 01:35 PM
Jett
Admin
Site Administrator
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
23 YEARS OLD
I'm bleedin out, and if the last thing that I do is bring you down, I'll bleed out for you
I don't know where this is either
I don't even know where this is
Jett

Matthew and Theo
God, Matthew makes everything such a pain in the ass because he's to nice http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif So, basically, I'll just give you a run down of him and you can decide if you'd like them to be friends or enemies or whatever. Just be warned that he's a hard enemy to make, he's more the type to brush shit off and ignore you rather than get in a fight. If he even noticed that you were being mean at all. SO, Matthew is a sixth year Slytherin, so they would definitely, absolutely one hundred percent know each other. So whatever history they have would probably be long. He's actually super nice, and forward and outgoing, but also a little childish. As in, he's really excitable, it doesn't take much to grab his attention. He's a pyromaniac basically, so he's always playing with fire magic (and he's quite good at it, tbh).

I can truthfully see him being friends with just about anyone, so if you need a close, old friend for Theo it would make a ton of sense. On the flip side, if Theo is close friends with Honora, Matthew might have more reason to dislike her as Honora is best friends with his current girlfriend Ari, and he can't stand being around her. He'll also be breaking up with his girlfriend in the EXTREMELY near future, so I dunno, maybe Theo's always bitchy with him and he always blows it off and is nice, but his breakup puts him in a SUPER bad mood and he bumps into Theo and she's her typical self and for the first time ever he flips shit on her and she's like, "woah, that's not normal wtf" and she can show her nice side maybe and they can have some strange deep conversation. IDK, there are tons of possibilities http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif Basically, use Matthew for whatever you want.

Hunter and Theo
Hunter's twenty and out of school, but I can pretty much thread him with anyone. So if you just want a random, short thread or something we could throw these two together in Hogsmeade maybe! Theo might know who he is, because he was incredibly popular in school and pretty much everyone knew him. So I'd think he's pretty recognizable. Though with her being younger he probably wouldn't know her. He's a bit of a cocky git, and chances are he'd take absolutely none of her shit, or he may be amused by it. But he's pretty unsympathetic and it's difficult to phase him.

Grace and Theo
I'm way ahead of myself here, Grace isn't even done yet http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif But she's Hunter and Gwen's, (played by Vilde), and she's a muggle. She'll be attending Hogwarts next term as a fourth year, and I'm still fleshing her out but she's sort of sporadic and testy and unpredictable, and I could definitely see her having a spat with Theo and severely disliking her. So that's a possibility for the future!!

PMEmail
^
Theodora Joynson
 Posted: Aug 22 2016, 02:43 PM
Theodora Joynson
Members
Half-Blood
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Animagus
Everest

Matthew and Theo I think that it would be a good idea for Theo to have a friend since she makes a lot of enemies. Maybe Matthew transform her into a decent human being. It'll be almost like a personality makeover. Let me know what you think?
THANKS ♥

Hunter and Theo I'd like to see where this relationship would go. Both being unsympathetic, it would be interesting to see if they would become enemies or great partners-in-crime.
THANKS ♥

Grace and Theo Theo will have a field day with her. Since she secretly doesn't like muggles, Theo will most probably try to "bully" her.
THANKS ♥

PM
^
Jett
 Posted: Aug 22 2016, 02:53 PM
Jett
Admin
Site Administrator
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
23 YEARS OLD
I'm bleedin out, and if the last thing that I do is bring you down, I'll bleed out for you
I don't know where this is either
I don't even know where this is
Jett

Matthew and Theo
Yep, that definitely works! Do you want them to be old friends? Or would you rather them have been distant and develop into friends now? If you want the transformation-effect for Theo, like you said, it may be better for them to become friendly now or in the near future. Either way works perfectly with me, just take your pick and I'll follow your lead! Feel free to make a thread for these two if you want! I have a shit ton to reply to ATM so I can start one as well but it may take me a bit to get around to it!

Hunter and Theo
Yep, I definitely think they'll have an interesting dynamic!! So we can start something here and just see how it plays out!

Grace and Theo
PERFECT! I really wanted her to bump into someone with prejudice, because I think it'll make for a great thread. So this'll be awesome! We'll talk more about it when the time gets closer http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif
PMEmail
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE