TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."
Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post )
Add Reply
New Poll

An Overabundance Of Enthusiasm, Tag: Jack Winston | A Corridor
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 01:34 AM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Slutty and Highly Distractible
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
"Hey, hey, hey, hey! Wanna hang out?"
I discovered the outdoors and never went back in.
Special Ability: Sheer Adorableness
Liz

"Weeell, you might surprise yourself!" Marc replied with a shrug and a grin. "It's shockingly easy to be a cool kid. All you gotta do is smile at people and then do dumb stunts. Like, this one kid made this parachute thingy? And everybody was scared to try it? So I strapped it on and just jumped off a staircase into the entrance hall? And it totally worked and then, after that, everybody thought I was cool."

As far as Marc could tell, it was strikingly easy to do. Having no natural sense of boundaries or social shame, he didn't understand what it was like for most people who did have those things. The kid was happy-go-lucky - and oblivious - from the womb. It was one of his greatest strengths, and he hadn't yet figured out how dangerous it could be.

"But, hey, I think you're cool already." With that, he was kneeling down and setting to work creating the base of a snow fort wall. He shook his head quite emphatically in response to the question about Celia Longbottom. "Oh, no way, I mean her dad. Celia used to be pretty bomb in snowball wars, but ... you know. I dunno. I wouldn't throw a snowball at her this year." Marc didn't really get it, honestly, but his mum had made him read the updates in the newspaper on the whole Longbottom thing, and it sucked.

Huh. Maybe he shouldn't throw snowballs at Professor Longbottom, either. It was just super fun, though, because he always threw some back. "Yeah ... maybe neither of them. You're right. Neither."

Marc looked over at Jack just in time to see him molding a snowball. Marc made a faux-offended face. "Bro! We're teammates! You throw a snowball at me, and then it's on. I will take you down." And then he got a mental image of tackling Jack into a snowdrift for a snogging session, and that was just gonna get filthy, so he tried to focus back in on making his wall.

--------------------
Marc | Hufflepuff | 5th-year
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Jack Winston
 Posted: Jul 26 2016, 12:12 AM
Jack Winston
Gryffindor
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
N/A

Jack's smile lessened a little when he heard about Marc's way of becoming a cool kid. He automatically cast another roving look at his cute new friend. IT was an automatic response more than anything, stemming from years of witnessing Rachel being a loose cannon, but he found himself really checking Marc out. Dark hair peeked out of his hat and the cold was starting to turn his cheeks and nose pink. But what really threw Jack was the sincere way Marc was smiling at him.

The only person who ever smiled so genuinely at him was Rachel.

He looked away quickly, sure that his own face was turning a shade of pink. At least he could blame it on the cold. Something was very wrong with him. But was there really? He gave a small laugh. "Then I think It'll be alright if I stay the way I am. I'll have one friend at least." He looked back at Marc who was already setting up work on a wall.

With a low chuckle he tossed the lumpy ball of snow into the air before letting it fall harmlessly back into the snow. "My dear Marc, I would never." He couldn't hide the amusement coloring his voice. He knelt down next to Marc. He began scooping the snow, trying to mimic Marc's movements. He frowned, concentrating on the building made it a little less cold out.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 26 2016, 01:50 AM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Slutty and Highly Distractible
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
"Hey, hey, hey, hey! Wanna hang out?"
I discovered the outdoors and never went back in.
Special Ability: Sheer Adorableness
Liz

Huh. OK, now that looked like a blush. Marc was smiling at Jack, and Jack made eye contact, and then his already pink face suddenly darkened a shade. That was a blush-like thing if Marc had ever seen one! Of course, he hadn't the slightest clue what to make of it. Most people were straight, so he wasn't supposed to think that Jack was attracted to him or whatever, but ... so ... huh.

This was complicated. Why couldn't people, like, have signs on their foreheads that displayed their sexual orientations? That would be super-duper helpful. Marc wouldn't have to wonder about anything beyond whether they found him attractive on a personal level.

Which, as far as he could tell, they usually did.

"Well, when your one friend is me, then you get a whole bunch of others built-in. Since I'm pretty much the loudest kid around. So I wouldn't worry about any of it. I'll get you all set up." And then he heard Jack call him 'my dear Marc,' and now Marc was the one who blushed. OK, he really was just lost in a sea of confusion and hormones and questions and ... huh. Huh.

"Damn straight," he replied on a laugh. "You're too smart to throw a snowball at the guy who knows where all the snow forts get built. I know this battlefield like the back of my hand. Might as well be a general or something."

--------------------
Marc | Hufflepuff | 5th-year
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Pages: (2) 1 2 
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE