TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

Darkness, Hallways| Matthew Bennett| Mid Dec.
Ariadne O'Rieley
 Posted: Aug 4 2016, 10:04 PM
Ariadne O'Rieley
Slytherin
N/A
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
"I don't know who I am anymore."
no special ability
Jo

Ladies don't start fights
but they finish them
Ari was beyond furious. So furious she had tears running down her face when she entered the castle late that night. She had told Matthew to meet her after this whole ordeal had been taken care of, and now she was regretting all of it. What if what Hunter had said was true? What if Matthew was the one who was out to get her? What if HE had been the one who told on her because she hadn't registered? He knew she had specific reasons for not doing it, but no matter what they didn't seem to listen and those reasons got spilled out and the whole world knew. Okay not the whole world, but Hunter and Camille knew, and that was basically enough to embarrass her. So Matthew was 100% behind everything. The being dragged out of class, the being suspended IN MID AIR, being told off by her favorite teacher... Everything happened for a reason. Her aunt left for a reason, she didn't talk for a half a year for a reason, she dated Derek for a reason, she fell in love with Matthew the stupid head for a reason, her mum died for a reason.... And yet none of those reasons where answered. They where all unanswered questions that where still floating up in the galaxy waiting to be answered. And yet she knew that they never would be. They where life's unanswered questions. Life's weird twisted way of saying "ha I won." And yet there was that one loser who still managed to try and beat it. And that loser was apparently Ari.

She paced back and forth in front of the spot she told Matthew to meet her at. Tears still streaming down her face. The questions she wanted answered swirling around in her head. She was breathing heavily. Her long red hair in tangled nots because she was unable to tame it after being man handled. And that was when she saw him. She sat there glaring at him. All of her frustrations at the world coming out in that moment. And he just so happened to be there to watch it unleash. It was like a fire breathing dragon being locked up for many years. Then finally, after quiet some time the dragon is unleashed and blows flames for the first time in centuries. It was ironic comparing her problems to flame since Matthew was so fond of it. She knew why. It was because he liked controlling something that seemed uncontrollable. What if Ari was his fire? The one flame he couldn't control. And now she was unleashing her deadly burn onto him. After one year of no problems, something was bound to come up. It was like fate had to be cruel. Ari couldn't be happy.

She said, "you told didn't you."

It wasn't much of a question but a statement. He was the only one who knew that she hadn't registered yet. She let the tears fall so he could see how much his flame was hurting. How much it was flickering daring to get burnt out. Here at any moment there would've complete and utter darkness in both of there worlds. And there was nobody there to watch, nobody there to witness the story coming to an end. Her handsome prince wasn't so handsome anymore. It was like Elsa finding out that Hans really was evil. For some reason she thought that Matthew was her Kristoff all this time. She just stood there. And after everything they've been through, she watched it fade to nothing. @Matthew Bennett

PM
^
Matthew Bennett
 Posted: Aug 22 2016, 04:57 PM
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin
In a Relationship with Ariadne O'Rieley
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
No Special Ability
Jett

what matters most
is how well you walk through the fire
Matthew hadn’t seen Ari all day. Not as in, they hadn’t hung out. As in, she hadn’t been in the castle. She was normally waiting for him in the common room in the morning so they could go to breakfast, but when he’d gotten there it had been empty. She wasn’t in charms or transfiguration, and he’d scoured the grounds for her when classes were over to no avail. And by the time late evening came, he was admittedly a bit worried. Did anyone else notice she was gone? Should he tell a teacher? What if she’d gone into the forest and gotten mauled by some strange creature or something? What if something bad had happened? Maybe she’d just skipped all her classes and she was hiding… but why?

In any case, Matthew couldn’t just go down to the dungeons and go to bed without even knowing where she was. No, they hadn’t been on the best terms lately, but that didn’t mean he didn’t care. So he’d been wandering the corridors, popping his head into random classrooms and cupboards in case she was hiding out in one of them. That was apparently not the best idea, because one broom closet in particular was occupied, but not by Ari. Matthew grimaced and slammed the door shut, not even bothering to try to identify the pair making out inside. The sky outside had turned dark by the time Matthew started back to the ground floor. Sighing in frustration, he crossed the entrance hall and let himself into the dungeon corridor. He was just about to give up when, up ahead, he saw a flash of red moving back and forth.

”Ari!” he called instantly, a relieved look spreading across his face. He vaguely noted the way she was pacing, and the lack of surprise in her expression when she saw him. Was she expecting him? Maybe she’d sent him an owl while he was looking for her, and he hadn’t gotten it. In any case, he hastened his stride to reach her. The hallway was dark, but her hair was bright as ever - if a little dishevelled - and Matthew was talking before he completely reached her. ”Where were you, I couldn’t find you all day. I’ve been looking everywhere and - “ His words died in his mouth as Ari interrupted him, her tone accusatory. ”Told?” he asked, his voice laced with confusion. ”Told what? What are you talking about?” He finally reached her, and it was only when he came within a few feet from her that he could see the tears glistening on her face. Matthew frowned, taking one step closer to put his hands comfortingly on her waist. ”Hey, what’s the matter?” he asked. He couldn’t help being a bit exasperated, because Ari cried far more than any human being ought to and it was getting hard to take her seriously. But as her disappearance that day was out of the norm, he wasn’t about to judge her for it, and he kept his voice gentle.

@Jo Number One, 526 words, Mid December
PM
^
Ariadne O'Rieley
 Posted: Aug 23 2016, 01:19 PM
Ariadne O'Rieley
Slytherin
N/A
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
no special ability
Jo

Ladies don't start fights
but they finish them
The fact that Matthew had no idea what she was talking about made her even more mad. He was supposed to know everything as his role as a boyfriend and he was failing miserably. The fact that he hadn't found her until just now was even worse. She had sent an owl! He should've gotten it like a proper boyfriend. But no. He wasn't being that at that moment. She sighed in frustration. As if her day could get any worse. She flipped her hair dramatically and leaned against the railing of the building and sighed. Everything was falling to pieces and she just hoped that Matthew didn't fall through as well.

She said, "I sent an owl. Didn't you get it?"

Well if he had, he would've been waiting at the place she wanted to meet him. She had been having literally the worst day ever. Okay she had had worse. Like when her mum died. Or when her aunt came back engaged. Or when she found out her parents had been lying to her... There were definitely worse days but this is just the tip of the ice berg.

She said, "I've been at the ministry being harassed ALL DAY because they wanted me to freakin register but I refused. They just didn't see my point, and you where the only one who knew I hadn't registered. I told nobody else. So obviously it's your fault I was literally manhandled to get there, then tricked into signing."

She sighed wipping the tears from her eyes. Nothing seemed to be going right in Ari's life. Maybe if she had stayed with Derek things would've been better. Maybe if she hadn't even gone to school this term things would be different. But things where the way they were because of Matthew. And right now, she hated him more than she hated Hunter VanDerberg. The boy she used to love.

She said, "so yes, it's your fault for everything. It's your fault I hate Hunter, it's your fault... Your fault my mum died, your fault your fault your fault."

She sank to the ground. It wasn't his fault her mum died. Maybe his fault that she was forced to register... But definitely not that her mum died. She had thought she was over it, but apparently she wasnt. Apparently she still needed her mum even if her mum hadn't always been there for her.

@Matthew Bennett

PM
^
Matthew Bennett
 Posted: Sep 8 2016, 03:11 PM
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
No Special Ability
Jett

what matters most
Matthew frowned. At everything. The frustrated sigh. The dramatic hair flip. The way her words sounded more like an accusation than a question. As though somehow he’d done something wrong. ”No, I didn’t,” he replied, his own voice a little strained. ”I just told you, I’ve been running around looking for you! But sorry, next time you mysteriously disappear, I’ll just sit in my dorm and hope that you send me an owl.” He was almost surprised at the hint of sarcasm that leaked into his voice. But it was only more proof that there was something seriously wrong between he and Ari, if he couldn’t even bite his tongue in response to the first thing she’d said when she was so obviously upset.

And she was upset, Matthew reminded himself, noting the tears trailing down her cheeks. She was upset, and it wasn’t as though Ari acted very rationally when she was in a good mood. So it really wasn’t fair of him to expect her to be rational now. His girlfriend was upset, and here he was snapping at her when it was normally his place to be the more reasonable one. Drawing an apologetic sigh, he let his expression soften. ”Sorry,” he breathed, his tone far more sincere. ”Where were you?” he asked again. Thankfully, this time, she answered him. His eyebrows knit together in confusion at first. ”At the ministry? How’d you end up - “ Then, the confusion faded away. Oh. That made sense. No wonder she was in such a bad mood - she’d been pretty adamant about not registering. If they dragged her off and made her, it wasn’t that much of a surprise that she was so upset. Matthew opened his mouth to respond, reminding himself to be sensitive - but Ari cut him off again.

Matthew closed his mouth and stared at her with confusion, whatever compassion he’d been planning on showing her forgotten. And for the first time in quite a while, he couldn’t even manage to find his voice. Because what she was suggesting was so incredulous that he had no words to describe it. He did manage to throw in an indignant, My fault?! before Ari started ranting again. And maybe, if she’d ended it there, it might have calmed down and things would have been fine. It was ridiculous of her to accuse him of turning her in, but she wasn’t thinking straight. They really ought to just drop this, calm down, and talk the next morning. He would have told her so if she didn’t go on to accuse him of a succession of such increasingly ridiculous things. He could feel his body tensing as she went on, like when you draw back a catapult and lock it in place. He held in the words that threatened to spill out. But at the end of her rant, every your fault that she uttered made him grit his teeth. The last one snapped his restraint in half.

”Right, because your life is so bad!” he exclaimed back, his voice rising in volume to match hers. He took a step backwards when she slid to the ground. ”Because I haven’t helped you at all. I haven’t been the only person that’s been willing to put up with your bullshit!” All of a sudden, this sarcasm stuff wasn’t so hard. ”I’ve been putting up with your horrible attitude since school started, and all of a sudden it’s my fault? I wish you would’ve told me, Ari, because if I’d known there was some way I didn’t have to deal with you all this time…” This was horrible. This was so unlike him. But she’d just… finally pushed the wrong button. Matthew hadn’t even known that he had a wrong button. He took a deep breath to collect himself, but couldn’t hide the anger in his voice. ”I didn’t tell on you.”

@Jo Number One, 680 words, Mid December
PM
^
Ariadne O'Rieley
 Posted: Sep 8 2016, 05:18 PM
Ariadne O'Rieley
Slytherin
N/A
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
no special ability
Jo

She hadn't meant to snap at him... He just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Just because she had asked him to be.. She burried her face in her knees more. She just wanted to escape this nightmare. If people weren't leaving, she was pushing them away. Was that how it was going to be? Was she going to be the type of person who was going to be alone forever? It seemed like it... No matter how hard she tried she couldn't keep a friend, even her own family didn't want to be around her, and now that she had started feeling sorry for herself everyone thought she was just gaining attention. It wasn't that. She really tried to be happy but no matter how hard she tried, something came and took that away. And now the one person who had stuck with her from day one had had it. He was snapping. She finally got the courage to look at his face. And there was something there that she had never seen before. It was anger... The one boy who didn't have an angry bone in his body... Was angry. And it was worse because it was with her. She almost wanted to say that she was sorry. That she didn't mean what she said, but something stopped her. What if it was time? They had a good run. Most first relationships don't last forever. She had thought that this one would, but maybe she was wrong. Maybe... Maybe he wasn't meant to be hers. Maybe some other well deserving woman would get the pleasure. Maybe she wasn't worth it.
<br>
At that point, she didn't know what to say. She was speachless that she had pushed a button. That she had gone that far. She was mad at herself, and the world. The world was against her. It was trying to make her as miserable as possible. And it was doing a damn good job. At this point she was afraid that if she did talk, she would say the wrong thing... But she had to get the courage and do it. This was her future on the line. The one person that she loved was possibly going to leave her like everyone else. She needed to fight for it. She needed to save herself.
<br>
She said, "I didn't mean that... I'm sorry... I just...I don't know anymore."
<br>
And that was the truth. She had no idea where she was with life. No matter what she seemed to be fighting this never ending battle and everytime she felt defeated at the end. She didn't know what was wrong. She tried to be happy, but ever since her mum died, that's what it felt like. Like life finally defeated her. Everyone should just give up and go home. And so should she.
PM
^
Matthew Bennett
 Posted: Sep 13 2016, 05:45 PM
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
No Special Ability
Jett

what matters most
Ari’s silence was a surprise. Matthew had thought for sure that she’d react horribly, and yell and cry. That she’d throw a fit over his speaking the truth - which, he was equally surprised that it had even come out of his mouth in the first place. And both things combined caused the reality of where he and Ari stood to flash clearly before his eyes. It was plain as day, really. So plain that he could’ve kicked himself for letting it come this far. Sure, he’d known that dealing with her the past few months was a struggle. But he’d always attributed it to other things. Her mom dying, the statute, the stress of school. But it wasn’t until this moment that it hit him just how bad things really were.

He shouldn’t be surprised by his ability to tell her what was on his mind. And he definitely shouldn’t be surprised by her failure to attack him for it. Because in a normal, healthy relationship, people probably talked about their issues with one another. After over a year of dating someone, shouldn’t it be easy to tell them when they were frustrating you? But how often had Matthew kept his frustration to himself in order to keep Ari happy? And her happiness did matter to him - of course it did. But it was dawning on him that her happiness was all that ever seemed to matter. To either of them. He frowned. Couldn’t she see how he’d been reacting to her all year? Did she even care that he was upset with her attitude? No. And is struck him then just how one-sided their relationship really was.

Matthew stared at her with a slightly confused expression when she finally spoke. She was apologizing. Saying she didn’t mean it. And then saying she didn’t know anymore, as though everything in her life was so horrible that it had ripped all of her knowledge of the world from her or something. ”You never know anymore,” Matthew repeated quietly. ”And you aren’t ever gonna care. I never realized - it’s the same thing with you. Over and over and…” It was like he hadn’t realized how unhappy he was until this very moment. Her apology fell dead before it reached him. ”You just live in this never ending state of negativity, and I’ve spent so much time trying to be there for you and make you happy and… But no.” He’d finally figured it out. Finally, it made sense. He understood. ”You’re drowning in a pool of your own misery, Ari.” A hypothetical pool of misery of course. He’d tried everything that he could think of to help her overcome it. There were plenty of ways to help someone out of a pool. Give them a raft; throw them a rope; teach them to swim. Or dive in after them, like Matthew had done so many times. The problem wasn’t his lack of trying. ”The problem is that you don’t want help out of it. You want me to jump in and drown with you. You want to be miserable, just not by yourself.” His voice wasn’t mean - it wasn’t even accusatory. It was just filled with a bit of awe that it had taken him this long to make sense of it all. ”I care about you, Ari, but I don’t know if I can do this anymore.”

@Jo Number One, 594 words, Mid December
PM
^
Ariadne O'Rieley
 Posted: Sep 13 2016, 10:56 PM
Ariadne O'Rieley
Slytherin
N/A
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
no special ability
Jo

Ari sat dumbfounded. All this time she had been trying to figure herself out. She had no idea why she was the way she was. Why people left, why she pushed them away, and Matthew figured it out. She WANTED it to happen. She didn't mean too. It wasn't intentional. So she just sat there. Breathing heavily. No tears where flowing down. Now it was just thoughts running threw her mind. And the one person who had promised that he would be there for her, was leaving. She had finally pushed the last one away. Was being alone the only way she could be happy? Maybe she needed time to figure herself out before she went on. Maybe she just needed to not exist... Maybe that would be better. That way people wouldn't get hurt. People could live happily and not have to worry about her. They could... Not drown in her pool of misery, as Matthew put it. But as she thought it through, not living wouldn't solve anything. It wouldn't fix what was already done. They would still be stuck in her pool of misery, she just wouldn't be there to help them out of it, or in this case pull them in and drown them. She looked up at Matthew emotionless. If this was how he wanted it... Fine. She could play his game. Figure things out on her own. She didn't need him.
<br>
But the truth was... She needed him more than she needed air to breath. She needed him more than the plants needed sunlight. More than... Anything. How would she go on without him? She would have to adjust everything in her mindset. She would have to figure out how in the world she would live. But maybe this was his point. Because she was drowning she thought that he was pulling her out, but in reality, he was drowning with her. And she was still completely mind fucked that he had figured her out before she had. It wasn't fair. He had always been smarter but not this smart. She half expected him to use some fire magic on her and blast her away. Anything would be better than going through this unbearable pain.
<br>
At that moment, she didn't know what to say, or how to react. So she let her instincts in the drowning pool of misery do the talking.
<br>
She asked, "so your just going to leave like everyone else? Like what you promised you wouldn't do? You think this is easy? I've tried changing, I've tried... I've tried..."
<br>
She thought it would be easy. That she would remain emotionless. But the thought that her best friend in the entire world had given up on her had hit her. She started hyperventalating.
<br>
She continued, "what am I supposed to do now? I've got no one."
<br>
She whispered again, "absolutley no one."
PM
^
Matthew Bennett
 Posted: Sep 21 2016, 06:47 PM
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
No Special Ability
Jett

what matters most
Up until now, Matthew hadn’t realized exactly where his words were leading. He was just, for the first time, saying what was on his mind. And when he’d started, it wasn’t as though he’d planned to do anything drastic. Even now, it wasn’t at the forefront of his mind. He was just talking - just finally telling Ari exactly what kind of hell she’d been putting him through since the beginning of the school year. Finally calling her out on the way she tried to manipulate him, and everyone else. Maybe it was his fault for being the only one who would buy it. But even so, it wasn’t as though he’d planned on doing anything. He’d figured that they’d each say their piece, and yes maybe they’d be tense for a bit. But then they’d move on, and things would go back to normal.

But… after everything he’d just said, Matthew couldn’t help realizing. Back to normal. He didn’t want normal. He was tired of normal. Normal was making him miserable. But maybe… maybe Ari could come out of this better. Maybe she just hadn’t realized. Maybe she could change… Or maybe not. Matthew frowned, his brow furrowing at the first words that came out of her mouth. It wasn’t an apology. It wasn’t even an acknowledgement. It was just more of the same. More manipulation. More self pity. And it was Ari’s response that made him realize where this was heading - what direction it had to take. The concept was so foreign - so unexpected - that he tried to push it away. Because there had to be a better way than that. But every word that Ari uttered brought it more sharply into focus.

Matthew felt a strange emotion wash over him as he looked down at her. The pull to sit down next to her, wrap an arm around her and try to sort this out was so strong. But he ignored it and stayed standing. He wasn’t angry. Really, he wasn’t. But he felt his expression change to one of resolve, though his eyebrows lifted softly with more than a hint of apology. Because he really didn’t want to do this. And he knew that he’d wish he could take it back the moment it was done. They’d been together for over a year, after all… but they’d been friends for so much longer. And he was very sure that Ari wasn’t the let’s stay friends type. His voice was steady when he finally answered her question. So you’re just going to leave like everyone else?

”Yes.”

The word rang stretched through the hallway, heavy and unsure. After a moment, he repeated himself with more finality. ”Yes, that’s exactly what I’m doing.” There was no sugar-coating it now. He swallowed, forcing the rest of his thoughts away from his mouth. He watched her go on, listened to her breathing speed up. And the pang in his chest was like nothing he’d ever felt before. But helping her was out of the question. It always had been, because no matter how hard he tried he’d never have succeeded. No, this was exactly why this needed to be done. Ari had to help herself. He wouldn’t enable her anymore. ”Ari, I’m sorry,” he managed, giving her a truthfully apologetic glance. Then, he took a deep breath and stepped past her, leaving her there on the floor. He forced himself not to look back, but heaved a sigh the second he knew she wouldn’t hear it. He felt strangely empty. Damn.

@Jo Number One, 612 words, Mid December
PM
^
Ariadne O'Rieley
 Posted: Sep 23 2016, 09:42 AM
Ariadne O'Rieley
Slytherin
N/A
Muggleborn
16 YEARS OLD
no special ability
Jo

Ari wasn't even surprised. They all ended up leaving in the end. Was she just not worthy enough to have friends? Was that the deal? She didn't even flinch when he said that he was in fact going too. She expected it. All she did was drive people away. That was her specialty. Was that how life was going to be all the time? Would she have to attach herself to somebody then have them break her heart in the end? Apparently. But she could change that couldn't she? Matthew didn't have to be the last straw. He didn't have to be the last one she ever loved. He didn't have to be her last best friend. She could change. The problem was finding out how to change. Finding out what made people leave her. What Matthew said was starting to sink in. Apparently she liked too be miserable, and if other people weren't miserable, she had to bring them down with her. It wasn't fair. She didn't realize she was doing it. How was she supposed to know that Matthew wasn't happy being with her? He should've said something. Talked to her. Maybe even help her change. But no. He just did the one thing that he promised he never would do. He walked out of her life. Like her Aunt, like Derek, like her mother, like everyone.
<br>
Now she couldn't shed a tear. It was her own fault. She'd admit that. It was her own fault that the one person who ever gave a damn about her was now gone. It was her own fault that her favorite relationship was down the shit hole. She wanted to run after him. But she knew that would be no good. If she ran after him, then he would be right. She would be admitting her faults. She wouldn't apologize. That was who she was, and she didn't know how to be any different. She sighed. She was going to have to get used to the silence. She was going to have to get used to being all alone. It was how it was going to be from now on. After what seemed like forever, she stood up from her spot on the stone floor of the castle. The sun was beginning to rise. She had been up all night. She made her way to the common room.. But then she realized that she might have to see him again, and she didn't want that. Not after just hours of him abandoning her... She then decided to go to the Room of Requirements. After all, it knew what you wanted at that time. Right then she just wanted a warm bed with a bunch of fluffy blankets and pillows to hold her tears in.
<br>
Ari was going to make herself a better person. She was going to try and improve. Maybe she wouldn't be able to win Matthew back, but maybe she could make herself happy. She had a hard time doing that now a days. She needed to stop using her mother as an excuse and find the real reason. Was it because she was with Matthew to begin with? She didn't want to blame him for her unhappiness, but at that moment, it was causing a majority of it. She found the secret room she had discovered not so long ago, and it presented to her exactly what she wanted. She went and laid down on the bed and just let her tears fall that she had been keeping in all night. She wasn't going to let anybody see her cry. She was going to stay strong, and try and fix her issues (if they could be fixed). Hiding out in secret was the best way to get over a break up. She didn't need friends. She didn't need anybody. As long as she had herself, that was all that mattered.
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE