TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

Unexpected, Hektor Dionysious | Small Restaurant
Vyacheslav Szczęsny
 Posted: Aug 1 2016, 01:35 AM
Vyacheslav Szczęsny
Ministry
Single AF
Muggleborn
19 YEARS OLD
Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me
I'm just lazy af, so read my app. The link's up there!
No Special Ability
Heather

10 January, 2036 | The Restaurant Prang's Place | @poof

you were so unexpected
Since the party at Vy's flat when he'd first actually met Hektor, the two had kept in touch through letters back and forth, as Hektor lived at Hogwarts and so he couldn't text. Eventually, they'd decided to set up an actual date. Which is how Vy found himself standing in front of his closet, having no idea what to wear on a date, and not wanting to show up late. He'd already shimmied his way into his tightest black jeans, and when he says shimmied, he means shimmied. There was no other way of getting them on than half laying on his bed and pulling them up with his body as straight as possible, wiggling his body to get into them. It had taken a lot of effort. He'd end up peeling himself out of them later. But now, he had to decide on a shirt and this was harder than he'd expected.

Staring into his closet, he sighed and figured a plain white t-shirt wouldn't do any harm. He kind of wished he'd had Ariel's help, or even Elia, because he felt like he needed a second opinion. Or, with Ariel, someone to dress him. Why was this so hard? Dang it, he threw the white t-shirt on, grabbed his red hoodie and threw that on over top the shirt, shoved his arms in his black jacket, his socked feet into his gray ankle boots, and shoving a red beanie onto his head to cover his ears. And the beanie would have to stay, because he'd just messed up the carefully styled hair he'd taken a half hour to do, so it was staying covered the whole night. Unless the date went really well, but that was getting ahead of himself.

He disapparated from his flat, appearing in the main street of Hogsmeade village. They'd decided to meet at Hogsmeade because Hektor was a muggle, so he would have to walk from Hogwarts, and couldn't really apparate to London once out of Hogwart's protective spells and disapparition wards. But it was okay, because Prang's Place was one of Vy's favorite restaurants. He'd gone inside, been seated after informing them that he had a date coming too, and ordered a butterbeer to sip on while he waited.

Vy had arrived five minutes early, which for him was unheard of because Vy's philosophy was "time? what's that?" So when Hektor didn't show up in the next five minutes, he wasn't really worried. He didn't really even get worried after ten minutes of waiting, making Hektor 5 minutes late. He did start to worry that he'd been stood up after about 15 minutes of waiting. He'd thought Hektor was into him. Was it just a long ploy to hurt him? A way of showing wizards that they were no better than muggles? But Vy already knew that, because he was a muggleborn. He didn't think muggles or wizards were better. He continued this thought pattern for the next five minutes.

At 25 minutes late, Vy started to think maybe it wasn't just because he was a wizard. Maybe Vy had been too forward and he'd pretended to be into it? Maybe he thought Vy had smelled weird? Just because his mom's food was strange sometimes doesn't mean he is. Was it something with the letters?

At 35 minutes late, Vy finished his butterbeer and forlornly ordered another. His thought pattern had descended into self-loathing. Maybe the reason no one liked Vy was because he was repulsive. Even Hunter had reacted negatively when he found out about Vy's preferences. Like Vy knew he would, but still. Even his own best friend couldn't overcome his prejudices for him. He was going to be single forever, because he wasn't good enough for anyone. He was just the strange, spastic, clumsy, weird kid no one liked. And even though he'd gotten a handle on his ADHD, he was still very hyperactive and had a hard time focusing on things.

Vy felt tears well up in his eyes as he fought to hide them. The staff were looking at him sadly, as if they knew he'd been stood up. Trying to keep the tears in, sniffing to keep his nose from running and wiping his hand under it, he took a deep gulp of his butterbeer, which didn't even taste that great after the sting of rejection. And butterbeer was always supposed to taste amazing. But now, it just tasted sour.

PM
^
Hektor Dionysious
 Posted: Aug 2 2016, 12:50 AM
Hektor Dionysious
Hogwart's Staff
Single
Muggle
22 YEARS OLD
"Whistle while you work, la la la la oh wow that's not coming out of the carpet."
Hektor is the new Hogwarts Caretaker. His introduction to magic was a rough one, but he's beginning to find it more fascinating than terrifying.
No Special Ability
poof

How long had it been since Hektor went on an actual date? That would have been about a week before Sebastian was arrested. And how long since he had been on a first date? About three years. So no, he wasn’t feeling any pressure at all hahaha. He definitely didn’t spend days trying to pick out his outfit (a creamy white sweater with toggles, nice jeans, a white long-sleeve, grey gloves, a grey long coat, and one of his floppy hats for warmth) in his spare time. And he most certainly didn’t lose an hour of sleep the night before worrying about making a good first impression.

It had been hard, as it sometimes was, to get permission to take time any elongated amount of time away form Hogwarts. An hour or two every few weeks was easy enough to procure, but asking for essentially the evening away after dinner time had been an understandably more difficult request. Though after some petitioning, he managed to get a few precious hours away for his date with Vy.

Ah, Vy. They had written letters since they met, and Hektor found him to be the absolutely sweetest fellow. He found his little ticks and quirks charming, and oh yeah he was totally cute and hot and Hektor wasn’t sure if he wanted to pinch his cheeks or hug him or throw him against the wall and do wonderful things to him. Ever since their most fortunate (and unfortunate for Hunter, but he could get over it) meeting at Vy’s flat, Hektor had found his thoughts wandering back to the sweet little kiss they shared. It made him wonder what sort of date he could be looking forward to, though he decided almost from the start that any and all decisions of a more intimate matter would be in Vy’s hands. Hektor had been in everything from one night stands to a “committed” relationship, and Vy hadn’t been in well…anything. Because people were all apparently blind idiots.

After scrubbing down the castle corridors, polishing the suits of armor, dusting the paintings, and tending to the other various chores of Hogwarts Caretaking, Hektor washed up and got dressed. He was running right on time, no, he was even early! And then it happened. A four-way fight broke out among students in each house, complete with a crowd gathered outside the Great Hall. Hektor had to break them up, hear their stories, turn them over to their Heads of House, assist in recounting what happened, and finally make notes as to the nature of their detentions. By the time he was finished, he would be nearly a half hour late.

Shit. Shit shit shit! It wasn’t like he could just text Vy. And he would probably get to him just as quickly as writing up an owl. He hauled ass as fast as his legs would let him, making his way to Hogsmeade in the snowy, chilly air. When he finally got to the door of Prang’s, he practically burst through, his chest heaving and rattling with its tobacco-y contents. He looked around and spotted Vy on the verge of tears, and quickly made his way over to the table.

“I am…so…so sorry…Vy,” he panted as he nearly collapsed in his seat. “There was…a fight…and students…and Heads…of House…”
PM
^
Vyacheslav Szczęsny
 Posted: Aug 2 2016, 01:10 AM
Vyacheslav Szczęsny
Ministry
Single AF
Muggleborn
19 YEARS OLD
No Special Ability
Heather

10 January, 2036 | @poof

'cause the possibility/that you would ever feel the same way about me/it's just too much
Could Vy have really misunderstood Hektor's intentions this badly? It had been 35 minutes since he'd shown up and he had come to the conclusion that he'd been stood up. And he'd been so excited for this date, too! He'd even told his matka about it in his letter to her! He'd mentioned how sweet and cute Hektor had been, but apparently that didn't relate because he'd been stood up.

Taking another drink of butterbeer, Vy wiped a tear and was about to stand up when Hektor crashed into the restaurant and over to Vy at the booth, sliding in across from him and Vy couldn't help the shaky breath he released. He was sure his face was blotchy and red, unshed tears turning his eyes bloodshot as he fought to hold them back and looked up at his date. Who had apparently not stood him up. Who had just gotten held up at Hogwarts with his actual job, which was understandable. Sometimes, Vy got held up with his job and couldn't make it to family brunch on Sundays, which was disappointing to his family, but they worried about his safety. This was different, because he'd been stuck in limbo wondering if Hektor was actually going to come or not. And apparently he had. Because he liked Vy. For some unknown reason.

Breathing out a shaky sigh of relief, he looked up at Hektor's surprised face. "You. You actually came." He didn't really know what else to say, because he'd gotten ready to apparate home alone to make cup ramen for dinner, followed by a sappy romantic comedy on his couch with a giant bowl of popcorn and a six-pack of butterbeer. And now he didn't have to. He could share butterbeers with this beautiful man. If he still wanted to.

Vy stopped worrying at his lower lip, which he'd started immediately after he spoke, to give a small, shy smile at Hektor. "So... a fight?"

PM
^
Hektor Dionysious
 Posted: Aug 2 2016, 05:32 PM
Hektor Dionysious
Hogwart's Staff
Single
Muggle
22 YEARS OLD
"Whistle while you work, la la la la oh wow that's not coming out of the carpet."
Hektor is the new Hogwarts Caretaker. His introduction to magic was a rough one, but he's beginning to find it more fascinating than terrifying.
No Special Ability
poof

“I…did…of course,” he said with a tired smile. Sitting across from Vy and seeing just how red his eyes were sent a tinge of pain through Hektor’s heart. Even though he had one of the most valid reasons in the world ever for being late to a date, he hated that the whole thing had upset Vy to the point of almost crying. He hated upsetting anyone, but something about hurting Vy felt like he had just kicked a puppy.

Hektor reached across the table and put a comforting hand on Vy’s shoulder. He was still panting, and a small cough escaped him, but he managed to keep up a smile for his date. “Hey…hey it’s all…good now,” he said as comfortingly as he could as he watched Vy worry with his lip. He let his hand linger for a few moments, his thumb gentley stroking Vy’s shoulder a few times.

“Yeah…a big fight,” he said with a nod as he leaned back in the booth. He waved for the waiter and ordered another round of butterbeer for the both of them. “Four kids…all from different houses.” He was finally starting to catch his breath, which meant it was time to break out a cigarette and light up. Vy wasn’t the only frazzled one, after all. He fished out his pack of cigarettes and pulled one out, leaving the pack on the table. “Sorry again, I had to talk to every Head of House.” He lit up and took a long relaxing drag, careful to blow his smoke away from his date’s face.

Trying to keep thing light and casual, Hektor decided it was best to move on with the evening. “So,” he said with a motion to the empty butterbeer mugs. “I take it I have some catching up to do. Did you eat already?”
PM
^
Vyacheslav Szczęsny
 Posted: Aug 2 2016, 10:59 PM
Vyacheslav Szczęsny
Ministry
Single AF
Muggleborn
19 YEARS OLD
No Special Ability
Heather

10 January, 2036 | @poof

'cause the possibility/that you would ever feel the same way about me/it's just too much
Vy sniffed once more and wiped his eyes vigorously, trying to wipe all evidence of his tears away. Was he a wimp for crying when he thought he'd been stood up? He was supposed to be a strong, badass auror, one who fought and battled evil wizards for the good of the people, like a superhero (ok, mostly he caught thieves). He'd wanted to be a magical superhero cop, and he'd become one, but he was still that sensitive, spazzy, obnoxious kid inside. Shrinking a bit in his seat, he glanced over at Hektor, who was catching his breath and still looked beautiful. He still didn't understand why Hektor had been single, or why Hektor even liked him. "Sorry. I just.. I thought I'd been stood up. Would have been perfect, you know, with this being my first date and all. No one's ever asked me on a date because I was always the weird, spastic, hyperactive kid no one wanted to be around."

Hektor comforted him with a hand on his shoulder and he looked up fully, a soft, still slightly wobbly smile on his face. "It is good now." He never wanted Hektor's hand to leave his shoulder, but alas, all good things must come to an end. When Hektor gave one final thumb stroke and withdrew his hand, Vy's shoulder felt suddenly cold. He reached up as subtly as possible to wrap his arms around himself and hold that spot.

Hektor apparently knew the way to a man's heart was through butterbeer, because he'd ordered another round. Vy was starting to feel better, hoping his third butterbeer of the night would help even more. He smiled at the waiter as he dropped them off and turned back to listen to Hektor's story, sucking the butterbeer out of a straw, before biting on the tip of the straw. He let the straw fall out of his mouth, pushing it out with his tongue, before asking, "What were they fighting over? The house cup or something? It's only halfway through the year!"

After he'd asked his question, and Hektor brought out a cigarette to smoke, considerately blowing the smoke away from Vy's face, even though Vy wouldn't mind, Vy tried to get the straw again to take another drink. Except the damn straw kept sliding away every time he tried to get it, so he would use his tongue to try and guide it into his mouth, only to have it slide to the other side of the glass again. Eventually, triumphantly, he got a hold of the straw and took another long drink of his butterbeer. And damn, it tasted so much better now that he hadn't been stood up.

When Hektor asked him a question, whether he'd eaten or not, he shook his head. "I was waiting to see if you showed up. If you hadn't, I was going to go home for cup noodles." He smiled softly at Hektor before looking up at the waiter and ordering a scotch pie.

PM
^
Hektor Dionysious
 Posted: Aug 10 2016, 01:19 AM
Hektor Dionysious
Hogwart's Staff
Single
Muggle
22 YEARS OLD
No Special Ability
poof

Hektor’s rattling breathing was finally normalizing as he caught his breath. “Quidditch. If it’s not quidditch, it’s over who like who. The Slytherin accused Hufflepuff of cheating in the last game, the Ravenclaw said Hufflepuffs weren’t smart enough to cheat, and the Gryffindor just egged the situation on,” he explained with a feigned exasperated tone. He shook his head and took another drag. “Kids.”

When he heard Vy’s alternate dining plans, his heart almost cried. Almost damning someone to a night of cup noodles was one of the worst things he could think of doing. That was the closet chef in him. Food, no, good food was everything. “Well, you get anything you want. My treat.” Even if it seriously dipped into his wages, Hektor wanted to make up for being almost an hour late. And even worse, making Vy cry.

He got himself an order of fish and chips, ready for some seriously greasy comfort food to ease his nerves. “So, how about you?” he asked in an attempt to move on from his horrific blunder. That and he was genuinely interested. He had caught glimpses into Vy’s life and work from their letters, but getting to talk about it in person was different. “How’s training going? Auror sounds like an intense job.”
PM
^
Vyacheslav Szczęsny
 Posted: Aug 10 2016, 06:02 PM
Vyacheslav Szczęsny
Ministry
Single AF
Muggleborn
19 YEARS OLD
No Special Ability
Heather

10 January, 2036 | @poof

With a smile at Hektor, his sadness and anxiety and self-doubt from earlier pushed to the side, Vy took another drink of his butterbeer through his incredible Houdini straw that kept sliding away from him. Maybe biting the end into oblivion would stop it from falling out of his mouth. He did just that, gnawing at the top, rolling it between his teeth, before pushing it out of his mouth with his tongue, his tongue catching the last bit of the heavenly drink from the tip of the straw and drawing it into his mouth before he spoke."Hufflepuffs not smart enough to cheat?! Why does no one ever know how smart badgers are? Like, they're one of the few animals that actually use rudimentary tools! Seriously, I don't see a snake running around with a rock and using it as a hammer. I don't see lions or eagles using tools. Like, that's so badass! Honey badgers are so badass, dude, like you don't even know. They eat poisonous snakes and porcupines, raid beehives for honey, kidnap baby cheetahs, and steal food from lions! Oh! And the skin is so thick, it totally takes so many hits to even make a scratch on the skin!" He felt his rant leaving him empty of energy and collapsed against the back of the booth bench, holding his butterbeer and using his tongue to seek out the elusive straw again to take a long sip

He sat forward again and said a soft, "Sorry. Just... Badgers, dude." Vy watched as his super hot (how in the hell did I manage to land this guy?) date's face changed to one of concealed horror and regret. It wasn't an obvious facial expression, but it was one Vy had learned to notice through his training. Hektor offered to pay for the food and Vy immediately felt like he had to defend the fact that he does actually have enough money to pay. "No, no, we can totally split it, I can... Are you sure?" He always hated other people paying for him, because it made him feel like a burden. He didn't like feeling like a burden to other people. He always wanted to be sure that they knew he wasn't, that he could fend for himself and didn't need anyone to do it for him, even if he really did need to eat better because almost half of his paychecks were going to his parents. Still... Hektor had offered... He shrugged at Hektor, "Alright."

Hektor asked then about his training and he smiled. "Truthfully, I love it. But they have us doing these runs all the time that are exceedingly boring, like checking in on the elderly lady in 47 Grimmauld Place, which is fine because she's sweet and always gives us cookies, but I was hoping to focus on the Dark Magic side of auror work, figuring out Dark rituals and shit. And then I have these stupid runs where the guys totally try and run from me, which, rude. So rude. I'm going to catch them anyways, so why not save us both the hassle and the unnecessary workout? I mean, do they really think they can get away from me? I may not be super strong, but I'm a runner, and I catch them every time. At least, every time so far. And I heard that there may be an auror dispatch to Hogwarts sometime this summer to check on the wards and shit. Which reminds me! I know I went to Hogwarts, so I know my reaction as a muggle kid going in as an 11 year old, but what was your reaction when you first got to Hogwarts?"

PM
^
Hektor Dionysious
 Posted: Aug 17 2016, 12:25 PM
Hektor Dionysious
Hogwart's Staff
Single
Muggle
22 YEARS OLD
No Special Ability
poof

Whether he knew it or not, the way Vy tongued at his straw was kind of incredible. Hektor couldn’t take his eyes away from the sight. Though given what he knew about Vy’s lack of…any kind of experience aside from their ill-fated makeout attempt, Hektor felt some guilt over the ideas that straw was giving him. Vy was so oblivious to how damn desirable he was, and yeah Hektor knew he had his own insecurities, but damn. Just damn. That straw. That tongue. It was hypnotic.

He was brought out of his little fantasy by Vy’s take on…badgers. That was absolutely adorable. Hektor listened to his rant intently, nodding and smiling along while enjoying his cigarette. Hektor was pretty sure he had never heard so much about badgers in his life. He couldn’t help but crack a smirk as Vy winded himself and collapsed back. And there he went again with the tongue thing. There was no way he knew he was doing that. Or rather, what that was doing to Hektor. Right?

After reassuring Vy that yes, he was seriously going to pay for dinner, he started in on his own butterbeer just in time for Vy’s next incredibly cute barrage of words. He was totally invested, loving Vy’s enthusiasm over his training. As he came to a close, a bit of foam got stuck in the corner of Hektor’s mouth. He licked it away a dart of his tongue.

“Ugh yeah, why can’t the bad guys just wait patiently for there turn to be hauled in?” he said with a grin.

Hektor had to mull over Vy’s question while he drank. His first time getting to Hogwarts. It…he wasn’t sure he could put it into words. “It was…absolute overwhelming,” he said with a thoughtful smile. “But in a good way. Mostly. First off I’d never been to any muggle castle even, so just seeing it from the outside was…is majestic too big of a word? Because I’m feeling like it was majestic. And huge. And intimidating. I got there a few days before students arrived so that I could get my duties down, so the place was empty. I mean, except for talking paintings, demanding suits of armor, ghosts and a poltergeist, and a bunch of house elves.”

He took a long drag off his cigarette before putting it out in a nearby ashtray.

“So needless to say, my mind was kind of blown. I think I was walking around with my mouth hanging open for about an hour before one of the paintings told me I looked like a codfish.”
PM
^
Vyacheslav Szczęsny
 Posted: Aug 17 2016, 11:02 PM
Vyacheslav Szczęsny
Ministry
Single AF
Muggleborn
19 YEARS OLD
No Special Ability
Heather

10 January, 2036 | @poof

When Vy finished talking about his training, he sat back and watched, waiting for Hektor to respond. If he hadn't been watching, he probably would have missed the quick tongue dart out to lick up a bit of butterbeer from Hektor's lips. Vy could have done that. He could have gotten rid of it. But seeing Hektor's tongue do it, he just... "Hnng..." He realized he'd made that noise out loud and immediately backtracked, eyes going wide in embarrassment and his blush flushing his face, "I, what? Who? Yeah. Um. I didn't, what? Fish and chips? I like fish and lips, chips I ... Ugh." He stopped trying and lay his head on the table, banging it lightly against the slightly sticky table top before glancing up at Hektor, "S-sorry."

Hektor mentioned how the bad guys couldn't wait and Vy totally hopped on board that line of conversation to get away from his awkward.... yeah. "Dude, seriously!" He jolted himself straight again, hands getting into the storytelling this time and flailing out as he exaggerated his story. "This one time, like two months ago just before we kinda sorta met at my place, this guy ran from me and I jumped on his back to get him. And then he swallowed the dusty stupid pearl he'd stolen--seriously, who steals a pearl? Idiot--and then he had to start choking! I swear, if he'd gone unconscious and I had to do CPR and he had my first kiss, I'd have been pissed that I couldn't have saved it for you. But then! I smacked his back and he coughed it up and it went straight into my mouth because I was complaining that he was an idiot for putting it in his mouth anyways! Blah! It was so disgusting; I think I used an entire bottle of mouthwash that night."

When Hektor talked about his first experience at the castle, Vy felt himself smile in fond memory. "Yeah... Majestic is a good word. The castle used to help me find my way around by opening random corridors for me if I got lost when I was a first year. I ended up petting its stones as a thank you. Sometimes the castle got it right, and sometimes it just led me to the kitchens. Which, I wasn't complaining about because those house elves fed us well!"

He couldn't stop the grin from spreading over his face when Hektor mentioned wandering around in a daze. He bet it was cute, the gorgeous Adonis-like tattooed man wandering around with his mouth open in wonder. I mean, it would be quite ironic considering Vy couldn't stop looking at Hektor in wonder because, again, how in the hell did he manage to get this beautiful man to agree to a date? Vy wasn't anything special and this guy, boy he definitely was.

PM
^
Hektor Dionysious
 Posted: Aug 27 2016, 10:42 PM
Hektor Dionysious
Hogwart's Staff
Single
Muggle
22 YEARS OLD
No Special Ability
poof

“You’re fine, man,” Hektor said reassuringly as Vy suffered through his wave of embarrassment. He kept his small smile all the while, not enjoying seeing his date suffer, but finding his little outburst of flustered-ness endearing. He listened to Vy’s next harrowing tale with undivided attention, taking in every detail that he could from the ramblings.

The first kiss comment made him laugh softly, his smile turning to something almost devilish. Yeah. He totally took that little bit of innocence away from Vy. He wondered what else he….

Man, he just could not stop smiling. Everything Vy said had kept his mouth curled up into a happy little smirk or grin or other little expression of jovial approval. He just couldn’t help it though. The mental image of young Vy wandering around Hogwarts was adorable.

“The castle’s grown on me, or I mean, I guess I’ve grown on it. It does sort of the same like it did for you. Opening up little passages and corridors when I need to get somewhere in a hurry. Most of the time it leads me to the latest mess, but it’s still better than wandering the halls until my hair goes grey.”

About that time the server brought out their food, and Hektor dug in. “I still can’t get used to food made with magic,” he said after a bite washed down with a gulp of his butterbeer. “It feels a bit like cheating.”
PM
^
Vyacheslav Szczęsny
 Posted: Sep 4 2016, 09:08 PM
Vyacheslav Szczęsny
Ministry
Single AF
Muggleborn
19 YEARS OLD
No Special Ability
Heather

10 January, 2036 | @poof

Grateful that Hektor hadn't teased him about the spluttering, embarrassing mistake with his words and faulty brain-to-mouth filter, Vy couldn't keep a small, private smile off his face. It was a small smile just for Hektor, something that showed just how much he was enjoying the other man's company, how much he liked Hektor. And he liked him a lot. Like, a whole lot. Probably as much as he liked his matka's cooking. And his matka had some pretty amazing cooking.

He was looking at the table when Hektor's smile turned a little more devilish, which was probably a good thing because if he'd seen it and how much cuter it made Hektor, he probably would have melted into the booth seat and become a permanent fixture in the small restaurant. As it was, he was tracing a circle of condensation that had dripped from his butterbeer mug while he took the elusive straw™ back into his mouth for a long drink of his refreshing beverage. He glanced up at Hektor through his eyelashes while he drank and a smile slid onto his lips.

Hektor started discussing the castle and how it's grown on him, and Vy nodded along to Hektor's story. Letting the straw fall from between his lips that had become red from the cold drink, and before he could stop himself, he said, "You'd still be gorgeous with grey hair. I mean, you're gorgeous now, and I don't think anything could change that like, holy hell." Aaaand, then he blushed. Shit. Apparently what little brain-to-mouth filter he had decided to disappear in Hektor's presence.

It was then that the server brought out the food and Vy dug into his scotch pie, nodding at Hektor. "My mama says that too. I don't really care because food is food, but she said the food in the Leaky Cauldron had a strange taste to it that she didn't like. Said it made the food dry and that it took away he natural flavors of the food."

PM
^
Hektor Dionysious
 Posted: Sep 10 2016, 04:49 PM
Hektor Dionysious
Hogwart's Staff
Single
Muggle
22 YEARS OLD
No Special Ability
poof

Hektor had a true appreciation for the way Vy handled a straw. The way he worked his tongue and wrapped his lips around it, coupled with the way he looked up at Hektor from under those long eyelashes, was almost too much. Almost. Hektor could still handle quite a bit more before he was howling like a wolf. Well, internal howling was a different matter. What could he say? He was 22 and hadn’t done anything “substantial” in quite some time. His mind was prone to wandering.

Wow, Vy literally had no filter, did he? Not that Hektor minded. Even though…was he blushing? Yeah, he could feel the softest hint of heat on his cheeks. Holy hell, how long had it been since he actually blushed? And all it took was a little compliment…well okay, it was a pretty big compliment. Bigger than Hektor was used to. Gorgeous was a big word, especially when used to talk about him.

“Um…wow,” he said with a little laugh. “I don’t know what to say. Obviously you can rock any color you want.”

He listened to Vy talk on about his mama’s opinion, and couldn’t help but be a little pained. “Oh no, no. Food isn’t just food. Food is…okay,” he washed down his bite with some butterbeer before continuing on to explain. His tone made it obvious that he was talking about something very dear to him. “Food is like…an experience. Every course, dish, and bite, should take you somewhere new. And hopefully that new is somewhere good. Could be a new piece of conversation, a memory, a nice little sensation you haven’t felt before or in a long time. Food is supposed to make your day a little better. It’s supposed to be something that’s enjoyed, savored.”
PM
^
Vyacheslav Szczęsny
 Posted: Sep 10 2016, 06:32 PM
Vyacheslav Szczęsny
Ministry
Single AF
Muggleborn
19 YEARS OLD
No Special Ability
Heather

10 January, 2036 | @poof

Oh. My. God. Apparently, Hektor could blush. And it was the most adorable thing ever and was just so much better than anyone else blushing. Vy had never seen such a cute blush and it was almost unable to be seen, it was so faint. God. And Vy hadn't thought Hektor could get any cuter. Well, whoops, there went that assumption.

And then he said Vy could rock any hair color and, what? No he couldn't. He just picked a random hair color because he got sick of the one he had. But no one had ever complimented him. Except that one guy who he was pretty sure called him cute. Probably. "Pssh. You don't have to pretend I'm attractive. I'm definitely no where near as attractive as you are." And Vy knew it was true. He'd asked so many people that last semester at Hogwarts if they found him attractive and everyone always conveniently had somewhere to be. He never did get an answer. So he inferred the truth from their silences.

Hektor was apparently very serious about his food and oh my goodness, if that wasn't the most adorable thing ever. Vy listened, enraptured and silent for once in his life, as Hektor talked about how he viewed food, taking a few more bites of his now almost dull tasting scotch pie. He smiled and said, "I suppose you'll have to cook for me sometime. Food's definitely never been that way for me, so I guess I'll need your cooking to show me." Taking a swig of butterbeer to wash down his pie, he realized maybe he did sort of understand where Hektor was coming from. Because butterbeer. Butterbeer makes his day better every time.

PM
^
Hektor Dionysious
 Posted: Sep 21 2016, 02:55 PM
Hektor Dionysious
Hogwart's Staff
Single
Muggle
22 YEARS OLD
No Special Ability
poof

“No pretending,” Hektor said with a wink. That Vy didn’t realize how cute he was was a crime against cuteness. But the longer he stuck around Hektor, the sooner that crime would be met with justice. Hektor had seen hot. He’d seen sexy. He’d seen drop-dead gorgeous. But he’d never seen anyone rock cute quite like Vy. It was impressive.

He just let the part about how attractive he was himself slide. If he started to get into it, he might wind up opening one of his emotional cans of worms.

He continued digging into his fish and chips, smiling at Vy’s suggestion. “I might just have to do that.” It had been a very long time since he had anyone truly appreciate his cooking, and honestly, Hektor could use the confidence boost. Having a solid job at a prestigious institution had done wonders for him, but having someone to potentially admire something he put his hard work and passion into was always uplifting.

But when? That prestigious institute job kept him pretty busy, and time off was hard to come by. Maybe he could swing some sort of special occasion. Then, an idea struck him. Valentine’s Day was coming up, and maybe he could get the day off. Or at least enough to cook something up. “So, how about Valentine’s Day? If you aren’t doing anything, I mean. I could see about making you something.” Well that was more forward than he had intended.
PM
^
Vyacheslav Szczęsny
 Posted: Oct 15 2016, 12:53 AM
Vyacheslav Szczęsny
Ministry
Single AF
Muggleborn
19 YEARS OLD
No Special Ability
Heather

Hah, Hektor was cute. 'No pretending,' Vy was definitely not as cute as basically everyone else. But, he supposed he might be biased. And hey, who was he to tell Hektor who he could and couldn't find attractive? And if he found Vy attractive, well, that was just an awesome benefit for Vy, now wasn't it? It meant whatever they were doing here could probably continue. Hopefully would continue. He smiled and took another drink through his straw, realizing his drink was gone and sucking out the last remaining drops of butterbeer. As much as he could, anyways, and he stopped before the loud slurping sound could get too annoying.

Finishing off his food, Vy smiled widely, gesturing widely, this time using his fork because usually he used his hands but his hand was occupied by his fork. "I'd love for you to cook for me sometime! Honestly, I'll eat just about anything. I mean, you heard Hunter when he talked about my mother's blood soup. Obviously I'm up for anything." And he pretty much was. He would literally eat anything put in front of him.

He thought about it, nodding his head from side to side with his thoughts before nodding, "Yeah! I'm off on Valentine's day, because they try and give you your birthday off, so yeah, I could pop over to Hogwarts if that's where you were thinking? Might be easiest for you."

With the plan for another date, because apparently this one had gone super well, Vy smiled in to finish his food and let the conversation continue to flow as easily as it had so far.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE