TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

Riddle Me This, Mari&Sary | Ravenclaw Tower | 11th Sept.
Matilda Sykes
 Posted: Jun 10 2016, 05:20 PM
Matilda Sykes
Ravenclaw
Single
Halfblood
11 YEARS OLD
There's nothing else ahead but the blue sky.
A rather strange but bubbly girl who seems to have a lot of things on her mind. If she's not staring at you, she'll be talking at you, about the randomest of things.
No Special Ability
Nasim

and i think to myself
what a wonderful world
Halfway through Maud's second week at Hogwarts, she's decided on many things that she likes about it. The talking portraits (however annoying they may be), the magic they are taught in classes (although they haven't really cast any spells yet), the appearing and disappearing food (which she will have to look into at some point). And Maud dislikes choosing favourites, because favourites mean demeaning one thing and putting the other on some sort of pedestal. Which she doesn't want to do.

Still, Maud decided that if it was a life or death situation, and she had to pick her favourite thing about Hogwarts, it would be the Ravenclaw Common Room. It was the highest tower in Hogwarts, she'd learned. The view was fantastic, and it even had a small library inside. And the beds were super comfortable, so that was a bonus. Maud could live in the Ravenclaw Tower forever, if food were to start magically appearing on the tables there too.

Maud had been completely unprepared for being sorted into Ravenclaw. Her father had been a Gryffindor, and her big sister was a Slytherin, and all her wizarding relatives were either those, or Hufflepuffs. She had had no idea what to expect, especially for entering it. She'd thought it would only be a password, like Gryffindor and Slytherin. So her surprise was rather great when the eagle doorknocker came to life in front of her eyes and spoke- and how easily the Prefect had answered it! It had given her the impression that answering it all by herself would be just as easy.

Well, it wasn't. Maud was smart perhaps, but she was never that smart. Riddles were frustrating. She preferred straight-forward questions, rather than stupid stuff like, "The more your take the more you leave behind. What is it?" Who cared about that stuff? So far, getting inside the common room for Maud required her to wait outside for ages so someone can let her in, or help her in.

So that was what she was doing today. Books in hand, after she'd just returned from History of Magic- the last lesson of the day- Maud stood outside the common room with an annoyed look on her face. "The books are really heavy. Will you just let me in? I'll answer later," she grumbled. But the knocker only opened its beak and said,

"How is a raven like a writing desk?"

"Oh, I don't know! Last time I checked, a desk isn't a bird!" Maud exclaimed. She looked down the corridor in frustration, but it was deserted at the moment. Was it time for dinner already? Looking back at the knocker angrily, she just yelled, "I don't know the stupid answer! Why do I have to answer a riddle?! Why not, like, a fun fact about kangaroos or something?!" She was sure she'd heard this riddle before, but had never bothered to listen to the answer- and now she definitely regretted it.

PM
^
Marielle Prince
 Posted: Jun 10 2016, 09:13 PM
Marielle Prince
Ravenclaw
Single and too young to mingle
Pureblood Ravenclaw
12 YEARS OLD
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." -Dalai Lama, muggle religious leader
I'm a very happy-go-lucky girl who grew up in a pureblood family. My papa is a distant relative of the late Severus Snape, and my maman is a French Pureblood. I went to a muggle primary school until I got my Hogwarts letter. Check out my application for more info!
Empath
Heather

Mari and her best friend were headed back to the Ravenclaw common room after dinner in the Great Hall. Mari had eaten two plates of spaghetti, three pieces of toast, two glasses of milk, one glass of juice, and a salad. She didn't think she'd ever get over how good the food was, and with the amount of activity she did daily, running around outside with a football in the afternoons, she tended to work most of her excess food off quickly. And hey, she was only 12; she was still growing!

As they walked up the stairs to the common room door, Mari noticed a first year girl shouting abuse at the Ravenclaw common room door. Sary always insisted on answering the riddle correctly, but Mari liked to come up with increasingly hilarious answers to the silly riddles that were still technically correct. A painting nearby had laughed at her the first time she'd answered "What rings continuously but never makes a noise?" Mari had just finished studying for five hours in the library for her stupid potions practical and had climbed the stairs exhausted. The question had been silly and she had no patience, and the only time she was ever violent was when she felt that way. She had responded "Your head after I punch it if you don't let me inside." The painting had been taken aback and laughed loudly, something it still teased her about today.

Mari stopped talking in the middle of her sentence to hear the new riddle the door had given the first year, "How is a raven like a writing desk?" She walked up when the girl looked frustrated and asked, "Mind if I answer? You look frustrated." Once she received the first year's permission, she turned to the door knocker and answered, "Neither one of them is a chair," to which the door knocker responded, "Technically, yes," and the door opened. She beamed at the other girl and then smiled widely at Sary. "See, Sary? Silly answers work too!"
Marielle Prince

--------------------
user posted image
sig by jett - thanks jett!
PM
^
Saryana Greenwood
 Posted: Jun 11 2016, 12:44 PM
Saryana Greenwood
Ravenclaw
Single
Student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
12 YEARS OLD
Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello Hello. Hello. Hello.
No Special Ability
Sary

Riddle one, Riddle two
I can do them better than you
tagged

No matter how long Saryana would be friends with Marielle, she never found out how she managed to eat so much. Where Saryana just had a plate of spaghetti and a salad, her friend probably had more than twice it. Even though Marielle said that she ate so much because she trained, Saryana still didn't believe that. After all, she herself would train almost daily. Though there probably was a difference between football and martial arts. And the time both of them trained.No matter how much times Saryana would think over and over it, she would never figure it out. But no matter why, Marielle would continue to eat twice her size and Saryana would continue to eat normally.

It took Saryana a bit of time to notice that a first year was yelling to the common room doorknob. Saryana chuckled a bit - she was a master in riddles, having done them since she was a kid. After a while, there was no popular riddle she didn't know the answer to an even later did she even notice the pattern of riddles and could quickly think of an answer. Sometimes, she'd even help older students in answering a harder riddle. She found it hilarious, as all the riddles this know gave were already such that she knew, though the others would be fairly impressed in her. There would always be a pat on the back or some compliment. Of course, there were those who wouldn't admit that Saryana did much better than they did but in her head, Saryana knew that they were at least a bit impressed at the first year, back then. It was nice, having these easy riddles.

Just as she was planning to answer, Marielle walked forward with the most absurd answer. She frowned. How could the knot accept such answers, Saryana would never find out. With a sigh, she shook her head. "Seriously, how even? I know the answer to millions of riddles and yet you just come up with the weirdest possible answer and it accepts it!" She shook her head, sighing again. "By the way, this riddle is a fraud. The person who made it didn't really have an answer in mind. It was made to not have an answer. Later, he made the answer 'because they can produce a few notes, though they are very flat.' Though, nowadays, a popular one is something about a Poe who wrote on both of them!" She said, smiling a bit that she still told her answer before turning to the younger girl. "Anyway, hello! I'm Saryana Greenwood! You're a first year, right? Welcome to Ravenclaw! " she said, smiling. First impressions were always important and every person was important as well. She can't be minister without being liked by people.

PM
^
Matilda Sykes
 Posted: Jun 11 2016, 03:27 PM
Matilda Sykes
Ravenclaw
Single
Halfblood
11 YEARS OLD
A rather strange but bubbly girl who seems to have a lot of things on her mind. If she's not staring at you, she'll be talking at you, about the randomest of things.
No Special Ability
Nasim

and i think to myself
what a wonderful world
Two Ravenclaw girls appeared from around the corner, but Maud didn't notice. She was too busy complaining to the doorknocker, tapping her feet with impatience. Then she heard a sweet voice asking to answer the riddle for her. (Is it an angel come to save me?!- oh wait, no, it's a girl.) Maud quickly moved out of the way, about to open her mouth to reply but it seemed that the Ravenclaw had gotten there before her and was replying to the eagle. And then the door swung open.

Neither one of them is a chair? Maud wasn't sure whether that was a genius, or an idiotic reply. But of course it had to be genius, because the door opened for them, didn't it? She wasn't much older than her either- did that mean that Maud would be as smart as this girl by next year? Her attention was then caught by the Ravenclaw's Ravenclaw friend who was spewing facts about the riddle. This one seemed to be just as much of a genius, which left Maud confused. Two Ravenclaws, yet two different approaches to the riddle. It was strange. A house full of 'smart kids', you'd expect all of them to have the same brain. Maybe there was more to Ravenclaw than 'smart', then.

The other thing that caught her attention was the fact that Poe wrote on both a desk and a raven, which Maud didn't get. "How can you write on a raven?" the girl wondered aloud, confused, clearly not understanding what writing on a raven means.

Suddenly the second Ravenclaw was turning to Maud and introducing herself. Maud blinked. Up till now, when a Ravenclaw would answer the riddle for her they'd go on inside the tower without sparing her a second glance. So, obviously, Maud was surprised. It took her a few moments to snap out of her daze and reply, "Oh, I am. I'm Maud. Maud Sykes. What year are you in?" Smiling at Saryana, she turned to the other Ravenclaw. "What's your name?" They both seemed to be nice, and Maud was glad about it. A week into Hogwarts already- maybe she could finally make some new friends.

PM
^
Marielle Prince
 Posted: Jun 11 2016, 10:51 PM
Marielle Prince
Ravenclaw
Pureblood Ravenclaw
12 YEARS OLD
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." -Dalai Lama, muggle religious leader
I'm a very happy-go-lucky girl who grew up in a pureblood family. My papa is a distant relative of the late Severus Snape, and my maman is a French Pureblood. I went to a muggle primary school until I got my Hogwarts letter. Check out my application for more info!
Empath
Heather

Mari gave Sary a smug, broad grin when the door swung wide open, accepting her silly answer. "Sary, you just take everything too seriously," Mari proclaimed as she walked into the common room, throwing her arm around her friend. Sary took everything too seriously, sometimes. She always wanted to be right, and while she usually was (ok, rarely was she wrong), Mari was glad she could help Sary relax sometimes. Even future Ministers of Magic needed to destress sometimes! That was going to be Mari's responsibility when Sary became Minister. She couldn't wait. She'd be the eclectic, happy-go-lucky friend of the Minister.

Mari turned back to the new girl and beamed at her, "Hi Maud! We're second years. I'm Marielle Prince, but my friends call me Mari. And yeah, what Sary said. Welcome to Ravenclaw!" Initially, when Mari was sitting under the Sorting Hat, she thought it would put her in Hufflepuff. Her mom had been in the Bellefeuille house when she attended Beauxbatons; Bellefeuille was the most similar house at Beauxbatons to Hogwarts Hufflepuff. The hat had debated, but because she a high level of empathy for others and was able to discern their emotions based on visual cues, the hat thought she should be in Ravenclaw. The hat also liked her ideas and seemed to think she was a lot like a previous Ravenclaw with her silly ideas. She thought it was a great compliment and had proudly hopped off the stool and strode quickly over to the Ravenclaw table, sitting down next to Saryana and introducing herself. It had been the beginning of a great friendship, one Mari hopes will last forever.

As they walked into the common room, Mari turned to Maud, and asked her curiously, "So what would you have done if no one had come along for a few more hours? One time, I saw a fifth year knock on the door because he was too tired to answer the riddle and someone came and let him in! I'd do that if I couldn't come up with an answer." Mari sat on one of the couches in the common room, setting her school bag down next to the couch and pulling out her Potions homework and looking at Sary with pleading eyes. She'd never be able to answer the questions correctly without Sary's amazing explanations!
Marielle Prince

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Saryana Greenwood
 Posted: Jun 12 2016, 04:47 PM
Saryana Greenwood
Ravenclaw
Single
Student at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
12 YEARS OLD
Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello. Hello Hello. Hello. Hello.
No Special Ability
Sary

Riddle One, Riddle Two
I can do them better than you
tagged
Saryana just rolled her eyes. She did take things a bit seriously, yes, but it was better to know how to act from early. At least, she considered it better. Not to mention, as soon as she becomes Minister, she would need to show a perfect attitude and she must start from now. After all, practice makes perfect! Just then, she heard the younger girl ask how does one write on a raven. "It's because the author had written something called 'The Raven'," she said, smiling. "So, he wrote on the topic of the raven, technically." She said, happy that she could explain it - and that she remembered it. Then again, things about riddles were so easy to remember that it was hilarious.

Something about the way Mari greeted the younger kid - who turned out to be Maud - reminded Saryana of the time when they meet. She definitely didn't expect to make a friend right after the sorting though she definitely was glad about it. If anything, this was yet another reason she was happy that the sorting hat didn't have it's way and sorted her in Slytherin. She still couldn't believe that it wanted to put her there - though it would have been better than Gryffindor, it still would duck to be there. Not to mention, being a Ravenclaw would make it easier to get her goal - everyone would prefer a Ravenclaw to a Slytherin for Minister, even if that Ravenclaw would have been a Slytherin. Because, in the end, only she would actually know that. No one would ever find out where she would have been sorted. Maybe rumours could come out but as soon as everyone sees what a good job she does, they wouldn't actually care for meaningless rumours.

It took Saryana a while to get that the question wasn't directed towards her. After being used to talking to Marielle one on one for a year, it was confusing to do it with more people. Though that question did make her thinking. But just as she began to wonder, she already knew her answer. If she somehow didn't know the answer, she'd think it over and find it. Though, until now, there hasn't been a riddle she had not known. Before she could elaborate more on the question, however, she noticed Marielle looking at her, hoping for help in Potions. "Merlin's beard," she muttered, though it was obviously in a playful tone before she sighed. "What don't you understand?" She asked, though she did smile. "Be happy your my closest friend, I'd have a fortune otherwise!"

PM
^
Matilda Sykes
 Posted: Jun 18 2016, 03:33 PM
Matilda Sykes
Ravenclaw
Single
Halfblood
11 YEARS OLD
No Special Ability
Nasim

and i think to myself
what a wonderful world
Re-adjusting her grip on the books in her arms, Maud scrambled after the two girls into the common room before the door decided to close on her again. She awkwardly stood behind them as they conversed. Saryana, it seemed, was a very serious person. Maud could very easily agree. She had only met the two for a few moments, and had already made out a large difference between them. One, she observed, was much more silly. The other preferred to be serious and on-point. Like she had been with her answer. And like she answered her now, explaining the whole raven thing. Perhaps, Maud decided. I'll read The Raven. I wonder if the library has any muggle authors...

The door closed right behind her, and Sary and the other girl stood ahead, but Maud was suddenly staring at the Ravenclaw library at the corner of the room in thought. Ravenclaws love knowledge. Of course they'd have every sort of knowledge from every bit of the worl...? She was being talked to again. Marielle Prince. And Saryana Greenwood. Somehow, Maud found those very fitting names. Mari and Sary. It's like the two were meant to be friends. Second years, too! Maud hadn't befriended any of the first-years yet. Any of them. So far they were all older students, funnily enough. It was like there was nobody her age actually around...

That's when she realized she hadn't thanked the girl yet for her nice welcome. She'd been staring at them the whole time! Giving a jolt, Maud smiled at them and nodded. "Thank you! It's great so far!" Funnily enough, she had very neutral feelings about being sorted into Ravenclaw. Her family had been pretty diverse in houses, so nobody really seemed to mind where they went. Her sister was a Slytherin. The Sykes family'd thought Maud would be a Hufflepuff, of all things. Though, she supposed it wouldn't have been much of a surprise. She was rather bubbly. The Sorting Hat had thought otherwise. Apparently she had a love for knowledge, even if such knowledge was really knowing that butterflies feed on blood and poo.

"Oh? You can do that?" Maud asked. "I didn't know that. You learn something new every day, I guess!" If getting into the common room was as easy as knocking and asking someone to let her in... why bother answering the riddle anyway? What a waste of magic! Well, nobody could be here, Maud thought to herself. It could be dinner or something, like it was right now. There were barely any Ravenclaws around. "I mean, I guess I'd probably do that..." she replied, her voice trailing off as she glanced around the room.

Admit defeat to that stupid eagle knocker? Oh, no, I won't do that. Sudden determination coarsed through her, and the girl tightened her grip on her books. Oh, never. I'll get that stupid knocker... I'll get it.

The girls were now sitting down at the couches, and Marielle (is she Marielle, or is it the other one?) was asking her friend for help with Potions. Maud didn't know whether she was supposed to join them or not. There wasn't really much she could help with anyway... she was only a first year. Only an ickle little first year. Her cheeks flushed, but she wasn't so sure why. "Potions is a pretty great subject!" she burst out. "How could you not understand it?" So she sat down suddenly and stiffly in one of the couches nearer to the girls, and started stuffing the books into her schoolbag.

PM
^
Marielle Prince
 Posted: Jun 23 2016, 09:52 PM
Marielle Prince
Ravenclaw
Pureblood Ravenclaw
12 YEARS OLD
Empath
Heather

Smiling widely at Sary, when she mentioned she would help, Mari opened their potions book to the proper page while responding to Maud. "I'm terrible at potions. One day, the castle will blow up and you'll know it was me. I just don't understand why you would put sopophorous beans into the sleeping draught potion if the beans remove your memory. That seems like it would go into a forgetful potion, not a sleeping draught. I don't understand. The ingredients properties change all the time for no reason!" Mari groaned and leaned back against the backrest of the royal blue couch she was sitting on.

Now, Mari knew potions wasn't always that bad. It just was for her. Maybe this year, though, she would understand more. Maybe she could get it. Then again, she was kind of a failure at potions, so maybe this was the year she would blow up the school. "I'm such a disappointment to Severus Snape's memory. My dad was great at potions too! I hope I can get it this year." Mari looked at the book before moving it over to Sary and asking, "Seriously. Why do we use essence of nettle in this potion if nettle is used to make your hair shiny and is used to heal things? It's a sleeping draught!"

Giggling at Sary's comment about having a fortune, she proclaimed, "I love you Sary! You're my best friend! I'd never pass my classes without you!" Now, this wasn't quite true, as Mari probably could scrape together an Acceptable grade on her classes, but Sary had helped her get a few Exceeds Expectations last year and had helped bring her grade in Potions from a Dreadful, to a Poor. Maybe this year she could bring that up to an Acceptable. Maybe. It was a long shot. But maybe. When flobberworms can fly.

Marielle Prince

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE