TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

It's Jam Time!, Tag: Guinevere VanDerberg | 'Puff CR
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 04:33 AM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Slutty and Highly Distractible
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
"Hey, hey, hey, hey! Wanna hang out?"
I discovered the outdoors and never went back in.
Special Ability: Sheer Adorableness
Liz

@Vilde

Early November, 2035

It was a nice Sunday. Marc had gotten up early to run with Fiona, as per their routine. Then they'd hung out a little bit, and he'd eaten breakfast, and he'd taken a shower, and then he'd sat staring at his books, considering working on some homework. His books had stared back at him. Threateningly. They were always threatening him. Rude books. Especially the Arithmancy one. Smarmy little jerk, that one was.

He'd elected to begin with the fun homework - Herbology and Care of Magical Creatures - in order to work his way up to being brave (and smart) enough to tackle the other stuff. And then, well ... the guitar was calling to him.

It wasn't that he didn't care. It was just that, after so many years of academic failure, Marc was discouraged. It wasn't fun to feel inadequate. Could he have improved if he'd studied harder? Certainly. But there was a pretty big mental block in the way. He promised himself that he would just fool around on the guitar for an hour, and then he'd get on the hard stuff.

Thus he found himself in the common room on a lovely Sunday afternoon, just fooling around on the guitar. He wasn't any kind of a pro - he probably knew a total of about twelve chords - but those twelve chords could be put together in seemingly endless ways, and that was exciting! And his voice was decent!

He'd decided to write his mum a song for her Christmas present. Was it maybe possibly a little bit calculated so that it would double as a sucking-up present in the wake of her inevitably finding out that he'd stolen some of her firewhiskey? Well ... he was a fifteen-year-old boy. So, yes. Undoubtedly, that was the case.

She'd love it anyway.

"Remember when
The neighbor's chickens all escaped their pen
And we came home to find that crazy hen
On the kitchen taaaaable?"

Haha! Totally! That was going in there! Not only was it a funny memory, but it also allowed for multiple rhyming words. Score! He quickly scribbled the words down before he lost them, then sang them over the chords once more.

--------------------
Marc | Hufflepuff | 5th-year
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Guinevere VanDerberg
 Posted: Jul 5 2016, 08:55 AM
Guinevere VanDerberg
Hufflepuff
single
Muggle
15 YEARS OLD
because i'm broken when i'm open and i don't feel like i am strong enough
Gwen is a muggle, and was brought up on a farm. She was homeschooled, but she did have friends in a nearby village. Mostly, though, she spent her time playing with her brothers, Jack and Hunter, and her younger sister Grace. Then Jack was killed. And shit happened. And she applied for Hogwarts when the statute was passed, having heard so much about Hogwarts from her brother.
No Special Ability
Vilde

@Marcus. 373. hope you enjoy!
i saw the light fade from the
sky
That morning, Gwen had gone on an expedition around the castle again. She loved exploring, and she'd found that door that you had to sing to to get in. It had been a hard one, she'd have to try singing a couple of times before the door accepted it as a note. Gwen had a terrible voice. However, she had started playing the drums back home. Well... Not actually the drums. The pots and old bins and stuff, and she'd sat in the back of the hay, hitting them with twigs. They'd made food enough sounds to let her know she could keep a beat, but she really wanted to take a few classes. But attending Hogwarts kinda sought to her leaving the instrument behind. She'd have the summers only to practice, and she knew that wouldn't be enough.

But when she heard the faint sound of music from the common room as she stepped out of the girls' dormitory, she instantly perked up. She couldn't sing worth a damn, but she knew beat like few others. She walked towards the sound and saw a boy, one she should've gotten to know better by now, playing guitar and singing a verse that made her bark a laugh. Completely unexpectedly. She was sure he'd heard it. So she walked over with a smile on her face. "Sounds great," she said enthusiastically. She knew his name. Marcus. She knew everyone's name of the ones who were in the same year as her, but he was yet another person she hadn't talked much to. She'd started to get on a talking foot with Fiona, which was greatly appreciated, but she was a hard nut to crack.

"Do you mind if I sit?" She didn't really give him long enough to reply, and sat down in a chair, putting her knees up and placing her arms around them as she looked at him. "It's Marcus, right? I'm Gwen," she casually said, a grin on her face. "Who's the song for?" She'd liked it, the lightness of it. For some reason, it reminded her of something her brother, Jack could've done, which made it all a bit bittersweet.

PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 7 2016, 04:15 AM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

When Marc heard the voice, he turned and looked and was immediately smiling a huge, rather doofy smile. It was Gwen. He'd gotten pretty used to the Hogwarts girls over the course of his four years with them. He'd had crushes that had come and gone, and had some little flings, and generally it was fun. And then fifth year had rolled around and a bunch of muggle students had joined and the prettiest one was in his House. What luck! And then he'd randomly gotten all shy and not really talked to her.

(Although, of course, that didn't keep him from showing off whenever she was around. Girls liked it when you did dumb stuff like taking a flying leap off a moving staircase and onto your broom, right? That stuff was impressive?)

"Hey, thanks!" he replied, hoping she would sit down and then experiencing immediate gratification when she did. It was already going well, then! Sweet! OK, so ... why was he getting all nervous? Talking to super-pretty crush-type people was exactly the same as talking to normal people, and he was great at that.

"Yeah! Just Marc," he continued with a grin. "'Marcus' is all grown-up and serious and makes me feel like I'm in trouble." He fiddled around a little bit with the guitar, doing a quick finger-picking riff thing he'd recently figured out. Showing off, of course, which was dangerous since he really didn't know how to do very much on the guitar in the first place. But hey. He'd cross that bridge when he came to it.

"This is gonna be a very silly Christmas song for my mum. Full of true stories, I'll have you know. It was pretty funny. We had to get these towels and try to chase the chicken off the table, and it just got really scared and started ... well, you know, pooping everywhere. And then it ran into the living room and hid behind the couch for a few hours. And then we went out for fried chicken, sort of as revenge, I guess.

"So, what's up?"

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Guinevere VanDerberg
 Posted: Jul 24 2016, 07:04 AM
Guinevere VanDerberg
Hufflepuff
single
Muggle
15 YEARS OLD
because i'm broken when i'm open and i don't feel like i am strong enough
Gwen is a muggle, and was brought up on a farm. She was homeschooled, but she did have friends in a nearby village. Mostly, though, she spent her time playing with her brothers, Jack and Hunter, and her younger sister Grace. Then Jack was killed. And shit happened. And she applied for Hogwarts when the statute was passed, having heard so much about Hogwarts from her brother.
No Special Ability
Vilde

@marcus. 461. hope you enjoy!
i saw the light fade from the
sky
Gwen was relieved at the happy smile Marcus gave her. She'd always thought he'd seemed like a funny guy, the way he would always joke around. She didn't think she'd seen him serious even once, which bode well for a future friendship; being serious was something everyone could do when they were comfortable enough with a person. But being giddy and happy? That was something only a select few managed, so Gwen always wanted to befriend those people, especially the ones who weren't afraid of making a fool of themselves, because those people were almost never shallow.

She did note that he looked kinda unsure about what to say next, but the moment vanished so quickly that Gwen couldn't really put her finger on what caused it, so she let it go herself. A grin spread on her face. "Marc, then!" she said happily. A person who she called by nickname! Well, she knew what that felt like. "I know exactly what you mean though. Whenever my parents or siblings take the time to actually say 'Guinevere', I know I've done something wrong," she explained, remembering a specific time when she'd given the wrong food to the horses, and her mother shouting her name in fury. A shudder ran through her. Not because of the reprimand, but because the horse could have died.

She listened to his short riff. Guitars were one of the best instruments in the world. She was personally a huge fan of the bass, because when that was played right, it was damned awesome. But guitars just never failed in setting the perfect mood. She laughed at the choice of dinner. "Oh, she'll be happy about that! Mothers love everything that is homemade." It was true. Gwen and Grace had once made a poem for their mother when they were 8 and 10, and she'd loved it so much. Of course, Hunter and Jack had teased them about it, and learned it for themselves, throwing around lines here and there when they met new people.

What was up? Gwen frowned. "Well, I've been doing a lot of research, because this world is just so different from the one I know. Not as different as it is for a lot of others, my brother went to Hogwarts. He's a wizard. But he wasn't very studious, so I didn't learn all that much from him that I do from all the books in the library! And also, I have my own homework, so I'm kinda burying myself in work. But I loved Halloween! And now I'm all caught up, so I'm just chilling. What about you? Any plans for the day?" she asked curiously.

PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 28 2016, 10:51 PM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

... Dude. Dude. How had he not put together that her name was freaking Guinevere? Maybe he'd just assumed it was Gwendolyn? But, no, to be perfectly honest, Marc just didn't think about things like that. But, hey, it turned out that Gwen's name was Guinevere, and that was pretty cool because he totally knew a simplified version of that song. And, simplified or not, chicks liked it when you sang a song that had their name for the title.

Yeah, his mum kind of had a thing for CSN&Y, so she'd gotten him a book of tabs, and wow was it about to pay off. He finger-picked the riff a few times before launching into the lyrics: "Guinevere had green eyes, like yours m'lady, like yours." And then, of course, that gave him a great excuse to lean forward a little closer to Gwen. Just to scope out her eye color, obviously. "Do you have green eyes? ... Ah, no. Brown eyes, then. A simple fix." Of course, even Marc was smart enough to understand that it was annoying to launch into a full song without being asked, so he let it end there.

Unless she asked, in which case he would be totally willing to serenade her.

He nodded about mums loving homemade things. "Oh, yeah, especially mine. She's a painter. She gets super excited whenever I do anything artsy." Sometimes, in his more insecure moments, Marc wondered whether his mum would be happier if his talents were in something artistic rather than Quidditch. But, when he was realistic about it, he knew that he was her single favorite person in the world and everything he did was perfect in her eyes.

Which was convenient, because it meant he could get away with shit sometimes.

He listened, nodding and feeling impressed by how much work Gwen was obviously putting in to her time at Hogwarts. Marc definitely didn't have the work ethic for it. "Your brother's a wizard, huh? Yeah, I guess that must be helpful. I've always wanted a brother or sister, but it's just me and my mum."

She asked what his plans were for the day, and he couldn't help but grin a bit mischievously. "Well, I was just gonna screw around on the guitar until a pretty girl came along, and then do whatever she asked me to do."

Pretty "Guinevere" Song

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE