TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

To Plant A Seed, Mordred Gaunt | Knockturn Alley
Camille Kiruki
 Posted: Jul 17 2016, 08:58 PM
Camille Kiruki
Ministry
Single
Half-blood Slytherin
33 YEARS OLD
Try not to do an interview before you've had your coffee.
Ah, read the app. I'm lazy.
Legilimens
Heather

E
arly Saturday mornings were the best time to accomplish her gardening shopping. Especially before the sun reached halfway in the sky, casting Knockturn Alley into shade. Noon was probably the safest time to be in Knockturn Alley, but Camille wasn't afraid. She'd already been hit with a Cruciatis curse two days prior, so Knockturn Alley was unlikely to hit her with one of those, so she figured she was probably pretty safe.

She walked like a woman on a mission, entering a small side shop that sold specialty and rare garden seeds, such as the specific flower seed Camille was after today. Amaryllis belladonna flower seeds. Camille was going to grow them in a pot in her house until the spring when she could transplant them to her garden outside. But, because of their poisonous properties, Diagon Alley shops did not carry them, as they could be used in Dark Arts spells and potions.

The story of Amaryllis goes like this. One day, a beautiful nymph named Amaryllis fell in love with an ice-hearted farmer. To win his love, he said she needed to bring him a flower that had never existed before. She asked the Oracle of Delphi what to do, and the Oracle told her to stab an arrow in her heart while on his doorstep. So she did, and she stayed on his doorstep for thirty nights wearing white, the blood dripping down. She died and from the blood around her heart grew a light pink flower, whom the farmer named Amaryllis after her. An interesting story. Who could love someone so much and not be loved in return and find it a good idea to kill themselves so the other person loves them? Camille thought that was slightly manipulative, no, a lot manipulative, and an unfulfilling ending to the story. She just found the flowers pretty.

Camille was just leaving the shop when she bumped into someone and stumbled back into the now closed door of the flower shop. Rubbing her nose, she looked up at who she'd bumped into and saw it was Mordred. Yes! She was still trying to get him to smile, so maybe today would be her lucky day. She'd found her elusive Amaryllis belladonna seeds, after all.

"Mordred! I don't think I've ever seen you outside of the Ministry! Having a pleasant weekend morning?" She asked him, once she'd bent to retrieve her seeds and place them into her purse.

@Vilde | 407 words
PM
^
Mordred Gaunt
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 06:29 PM
Mordred Gaunt
Ministry
Single
Pureblood
39 YEARS OLD
from my hands you know you'll never be more than twist in my sobriety
Mordred is a blunt character who can read your emotions like a nerd reads a book. He works in the ministry, and he loves all the research he gets to do, all the experiments that would otherwise have been illegal. He will not be your friend, but if you prove some sort of self-dignity he won't make you his enemy either.
Parseltongue
Vilde

@Camille Kiruki. 483. hope you enjoy!
a seven nation army couldn’t hold me
back
In the last days of work, Mordred had found himself deeply engrossed in the research concerning the brainroom. He was normally not very fond of the room, the brain -albeit having interesting depth- was not something he was intrigued by. Apart from how such an intricate thing could create so many idiots. But the things he needed to do his research were proper cauldrons, the right ingredients and they were always found in the wrong places. So he ventured into Knockturn Alley, a street were all which was necessary wouldn't be hard to find for the right amount of persuasion. Normally, he'd have other people do this errand for him, but when it was his own work, he liked to keep people out of the loop. He was selfish like that.

After finding the ingredients and the right cauldron -which, admittedly, he could've found in Diagon Alley- he still had quite a lot of time on his hands. For a moment, he considered going to Knockturn Alley's idea of a more mature version of the Leaky Cauldron, but the idea left him as soon as it had come: it would mean danger of interaction. Even if the Leaky Cauldron had kids running around, they were easily scared off. Adults were a different story. He ought to just go back to the ministry and work more. It wasn't as if that was a bad idea for him, he actually rather enjoyed the silence and studious efforts that happened within the department of Mysteries. People often assumed that the Unspeakables were silent and highly professional, and for once in their lives, they were right; there was no time for joking in his department, it lead to too many accidents. And accidents in the department of Mysteries meant death.

He was just thinking that it was December and that he ought to find some present for Morgana when a woman stumbled into him on the way out of a shop. It didn't take a second to realise that it was Camille. He noticed the victorious look on her face and raised an eyebrow. Was she still trying to surprise him? Honestly, this woman was relentless. He blinked. Weekend? Was it already weekend? He hadn't noticed. The days were a blur to him, most of the time anyway. He didn't need to know what day it was to work. And he always worked. Even now. "What day is it?" he merely asked. Saturday or Sunday, he couldn't tell. He raised his arm with the bags and looked at his watch. The eighth of December. It didn't tell him day though. He looked back at her and the seeds she was placing in her purse. He'd recognise those seeds anywhere; they'd often been used in mysteries. "Belladonna seeds. What are you doing with those?" he asked, knowing they had quite a powerful use, if planted and used correctly.

PM
^
Camille Kiruki
 Posted: Jul 26 2016, 12:07 AM
Camille Kiruki
Ministry
Single
Half-blood Slytherin
33 YEARS OLD
Legilimens
Heather

S
miling softly at his seeming confusion when she mentioned the weekend, Camille hiked her purse up a little bit to keep it from falling. He asked what day it was, so she responded, "Saturday. Second Saturday in December." He must have been working hard if he had even forgotten what day of the week it was. She hadn't seen him around much since the day she'd sat and had coffee with him before going to a Peckham meeting, only to end up crucioed after talking about horrible visits. And to be fair, having a Cruciatus curse cast on her is one of the more moderate of meetings she's had to attend. However, with it being December, she no longer had the time to attend house visits, so at least she was safe on that front.

She'd really just wanted to get to work on her winter garden in her greenhouse. She had a small brick patio at the back of her house and had put a greenhouse roof over top of it to have a magical garden, where flowers could bloom year-round. She still had a few seeds to acquire before she could plant them with the belladonna in preparation for her spring garden when she would transplant the flowers to her front garden. Mordred asked a question she assumed most people would ask if they knew she had belladonna seeds. "Planting them, of course. They have the most beautiful flowers in early spring. I still have to find some Crocus sativus, pink Adenium desert roses, and some Ornithogalum Arabicum seeds for my garden. The four plants go very well together, accenting the colors of each other in a beautiful way."

Camille didn't often talk about flowers, but when she did, she had a tendency to give more information than was strictly asked for or necessary. It was a habit she had, one she had yet to break herself of. Thinking she probably sounded dull to Mordred with her talk of plants, she changed the subject. "So, are you out for work or buying a gift for Morgana? Which reminds me, I still have to pick up Jessie's gift before Hogwarts break starts..." She trailed off, thinking about what she was going to get. It would be Jessie's first Christmas since she left her broken family life to live with Camille, a situation Camille herself was still struggling to accept. Was she the best person to help Jessie? Could she even help her? Would Jessie confide in her the same way she had before, now that Camille was her legal guardian? Was she doing the right thing for Jessie, or was she too attached to the situation to objectively give an opinion? She wasn't sure she knew the answer to any of these questions that continued to give her pause whenever she thought of the beautiful young woman she'd agreed to be guardian over. She bit her lip nervously.

Lost in her thoughts, she forgot that she was even walking with Mordred. She quickly returned, however, and looked up at him before apologizing. "Sorry. A little... lost for a moment."

@Vilde | 514 words
Mentioned: @StressedPeach
PM
^
Mordred Gaunt
 Posted: Sep 8 2016, 08:50 PM
Mordred Gaunt
Ministry
Single
Pureblood
39 YEARS OLD
Mordred is a blunt character who can read your emotions like a nerd reads a book. He works in the ministry, and he loves all the research he gets to do, all the experiments that would otherwise have been illegal. He will not be your friend, but if you prove some sort of self-dignity he won't make you his enemy either.
Parseltongue
Vilde

@Camille Kiruki. 632. hope you enjoy!
back
Saturday. Mordred nodded, more to himself than to Camille. It made sense. He supposed it could fit that it was 36 hours since he last ate. It also made sense that he ought to eat soon, as not to be counter-productive. Sure, eating took up too much of his time, his eating pattern being sporadic at best, so he'd have all the time he needed for his research. However, he also knew that if he didn't eat enough, his body would fail him. He made a mental note to stop by some fast food place and grab a bite with him to the ministry. His attention turned back to Camille, and he gave her a once-over. The last time he saw her, she'd been worried, even stressed, but she looked relaxed and content today. It had to be a few weeks since the coffee in the atrium, but Mordred was unsure just how many weeks. "I suppose you're not working today then." He didn't even question it. Of course, it was strikingly obvious, with her clothes and her lack of the standard bag she often carried, but Mordred didn't like to be presumtuous all the time.

Mordred hadn't researched the belladonna seeds himself, but as the head of the department, almost all research went through him and approved as such. He was, however, relatively certain Camille wouldn't use the seeds for the reckless methods of potions and alchemy surrounding the concept of love. But he couldn't deny that he found it surprising that she grew them merely to look at them. Something about botany and herbology didn't bore Mordred like much other subjects did, but he'd never thought of growing something for the sake of appearance. It was almost interesting. "There is a botanist in Wales who sells the desert roses," Mordred said absentmindedly. He didn't know the botanist himself, but he'd heard people talking about it in his department. Apparently the colours fit well with the belladonna petals. Now, matching colours seemed more than tedious. Flowers were wild, and they ought to be as random as the places they popped up in.

Mordred had thought about it, finding something for Morgana, but Morgana never wanted anything specific, and all the things she needed, she always had. He'd often bring something interesting that he'd randomly passed that somehow reminded him of her, but he never deliberately wlaked into a story in search of a gift for her. However, it wasn't a bad idea to see if he could find something as he found himself in the right area. "I'm working, but I suppose looking for something now makes sense." He hadn't heard her speaking of a Jessie before now, and he wondered briefly if maybe she had a son or a daughter herself. But he doubted it. Camille had always come off as an open person, and he doubted she'd not tell him about her daughter. He looked on as Camille drifted off into her own thoughts, probably wondeirng what to buy this person. He could see the slightly look of worry in her eyes; this person did mean a lot to her, but she didn't seem to be a hundred percent sure about interests and the like. It could be a person she'd developed a bond with over the last few months, maybe even a case she'd dealt with earlier.

Which reminded him. "How did the house visit go, back in September, was it?" he asked, honestly curious if he'd even gotten the right month right, not to mention he remembered the location of the case. He remembered that tinge of worry that had crept over him, the feeling he'd absolutely loathed.

PM
^
Camille Kiruki
 Posted: Sep 20 2016, 02:48 AM
Camille Kiruki
Ministry
Single
Half-blood Slytherin
33 YEARS OLD
Legilimens
Heather

M
ordred seemed a little off today. Almost like he was dragging a little and had to remind himself to do regular human things like eat, sleep, and not be always immersed in work. But she figured it wasn't really her place to say anything, since they were still only slightly more than acquaintances, and it probably wouldn't be received well. She nodded in response to his question, stepping onto the main cobbled path of Knockturn Alley, the sun just peeking over the tops of the buildings. "Nope, I am not. Though, I suppose I'll probably end up finishing a report for one of the coordinators at some point today. I don't think there's ever truly a day with no work during December, do you?"

December was the month all of her reports were due and there was a ridiculous amount of reports. Reports about child demographics, reports about child development, progress reports on each child, board of directors reports, spending reports; there were a lot of reports. And Camille had to collect them all. This is partially why she was hoping to plant her garden now before she would have no time later in the month and by January, it would be too late. "Oh really? I must meet with him, then. The seeds are very rare, but they complete the garden's look." She hoped he'd be able to tell her the name of the botanist, but knowing Mordred, he'd probably heard it in passing and hadn't paid much attention to it. The things his brain could remember was fascinating.

Ah. He was out on business, then. Did he ever take a moment to himself, she wondered. He seemed so smart with anything intellectual, but with simple things like eating, sleeping, and taking a rest, he seemed almost forgetful; dedicated solely to his work to the point he forgot to care for himself. She nodded at his response, a soft, almost fond smile on her face. "It would be logical." She'd already planned a few things to do with Jessie, but Camille was still stuck on her main present. Maybe... something to do with animals. Jessie was extremely fond of animals. Camille gave a short nod to herself, mind made up, as a small smile lifted the corners of her mouth as she thought about Jessie.

He asked about her meeting she'd had the last time they'd spoken. She lifted one shoulder in a shrug. "I was crucioed. Nothing new. Normally, I can deflect it, but I was distracted." The crucio had gone on probably close to five minutes, though it'd felt like much, much longer. In her mind, it had been worth it, since the spell had been originally aimed at the five year old child and had only been turned on her when she burst into the room. It had been her own fault. If she'd waited five more minutes for the aurors, she'd have been spared. But the child wouldn't have. It was a trade-off she'd been willing to make. And one she would be willing to make in the future.

@Vilde | 513 words
Mentioned: @Jess
PM
^
Mordred Gaunt
 Posted: Dec 27 2016, 09:45 AM
Mordred Gaunt
Ministry
Single
Pureblood
39 YEARS OLD
Parseltongue
Vilde

@Heather. 457. hope you enjoy!
back
When Mordred thought back on their meeting, he'd wonder to himself how he'd wound up walking next to Camille through Knockturn Alley and not have much issue with the company. Of course, he wasn't thrilled, it was still a person who could, at any moment, turn his mood around and just be a nuisance. But in the moment, he wasn't waiting for that to happen. He listened to what she said about work, and though he didn't reply to her question, the look he sent her would be more than enough of a confirmation that he was listening, and that he suspected she was right. December was the busiest time of year for the Ministry.

For Mordred, the conversation about the botanist and the belladonna seeds had long since passed, and despite his ability to pick up on most of anything, he didn't think that she might want to know the botanists name. So he didn't blink when the conversation had drifted off to time off or presents for Christmas. To be quite frank, Mordred wondered why they even celebrated Christmas. It had been obvious to him when Morgana was a kid, but now... Albeit, their way of spending Christmas probably differed a great deal from how other families did. He looked at some of the shops they passed, but his eye didn't catch anything that reminded him of Morgana. He knew she might want something for the snakepit, but he'd bought something along those lines last year, and Mordred didn't like to be consistent. He also knew she'd started writing journals -he didn't know why- but buying a moleskin notebook might be an option. "Is Flourish and Blotts the only place to buy notebooks?" He wasn't sure why, but the bookshop had never sat well with him. Something about it made him cringe.

Mordred caught Camille's shrug in the corner of his eye, and he instantly knew it hadn't gone smoothly. A tingle of the same sense of worry that had hit him in the Ministry was briefly registered before it died down. And was completely replaced with anger when Camille told him what had happened. The Cruciatus Curse was not to be messed with. Mordred had actually done some serious research into the curse back when he was an Unspeakable, even though he'd been mostly dealing with the time/space continuum. And with the indepth knowledge he had for the curse, he found himself looking over at Camille, and that he was no longer walking. "Who cursed you?" He knew the answer would be someone jailed, as the curse was unforgivable. And then he realised that in the anger, he was also slightly annoyed; why had she let herself be distracted? Wasn't she better than that?

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE