TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

A Blustery Day, Tag: Braden McKinnon | Outside A Shop
Celia Longbottom
 Posted: Jul 9 2016, 11:49 PM
Celia Longbottom
Gryffindor
Single
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
"Nah, it's OK. It wasn't that bad."
Some extremely weird stuff happened to me this past summer and I'm still trying to come to terms with it.
Special Ability: Judo
Liz

@Scotty

Mid-November, 2035

Celia stood outside Dogweed and Deathcap, staring through the window at some plants but not really seeing them. A gust of wind blew past her, and she pulled her scarf more tightly around her neck. Today was one of the days when she didn't feel great about being a Prefect. It was one of those days when she just wanted to stay inside, huddled up and pretending that the outside world didn't exist. But, no. She had to go to Hogsmeade. It was her turn for Hogsmeade Prefect duty, so here she was.

She tried to identify the plant she was staring at. She was supposed to be able to do this, after all. Her dad could do it. Her dad tried his best to teach her how to do all this Herbology crap, and she was still terrible at it. And her dad was a great professor, too! It wasn't his fault. Celia was just awful with plants.

Giving up, she sighed and turned to survey the street. She'd had her back turned to it for nearly a full minute, so it was definitely time to re-ascertain the exact state of her surroundings. She saw plenty of students, and plenty of adults, and nobody looked particularly suspicious.

She caught sight of one of her fellow Prefects, Braden, wandering in her direction. Braden was nice. Celia had always liked him, although they'd never exactly been close. He was in a different House, and they had pretty different personalities. Or, at least, they used to. They didn't seem quite so different anymore. Celia had gotten a lot quieter.

The tiniest hint of a smile curled her lips, and she lifted a hand to wave to her acquaintance. Maybe he'd want to come over and chat. Maybe he wouldn't. Not like it made much of a difference either way.

--------------------
Celia | Gryffindor | 6th-year | Prefect
Thread Tracker | Backstory: Longbottom Hostage Crisis

user posted image
PM
^
Braden McKinnon
 Posted: Jul 13 2016, 07:12 PM
Braden McKinnon
Hufflepuff
Trying to make fire with damp wood.
Pureblood
17 YEARS OLD
I'm addicted to hurting.
I met a girl last summer, and she ruined me.
No Special Ability
Scotty

'It was always so bleedin' blustery in the middle of November. Especially in bloody Scotland.'

Braden thought to himself as he walked the streets of Hogsmeade village. He'd always loved the little town, but it was times like these, when the wind was just cold enough to absolutely rattle one's bones, that he detested coming to Hogsmeade. But, on the other hand, it was getting nearer and nearer to Christmas time, and something always dragged his sorry ass out to the place. Today, it was for no reason other than to walk around, a reason that seemed particularly brainless the more he thought about it. There were blankets back in his dorm that he could have been curled up in. Books he could have been reading, or... something. Did it matter?

Still, there he was. A pea coat covering him up, a scarf wrapped 'round his neck, and all of his hair tied up and hidden underneath a beanie. Just warm enough to keep the wind from driving him absolutely mad. Still not enough to stop the chill from bothering the hell out of him. But he'd been the one to choose the outfit. No one to blame but himself really. As he surveyed the streets, taking note of anyone he saw, a hand seemed to be waving in his direction. And, upon closer inspection, it was a fellow Prefect. Celia Longbottom, Gryffindor. Sixth year too, so he was happy he could at least say that he knew her. Hadn't ever really talked to her though; Conversations in passing, a hello here and there. She always much too excitable for him. Though, recently, she's seemed to have gotten a good bit quieter.

She was a friendly face though, and those were always welcome in Braden's book. And she was waving which, as he'd found, usually meant they wanted to talk about something. Now he needed to figure out what. "Oi! Celia, how've you been?" He yelled, waving as he walked over to where she was standing.

Braden McKinnon | Hufflepuff | 17
PM
^
Celia Longbottom
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 04:53 PM
Celia Longbottom
Gryffindor
Single
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Some extremely weird stuff happened to me this past summer and I'm still trying to come to terms with it.
Liz

Oh, good. Celia was actually sort of relieved, which was an odd sensation. Why should it really matter whether he waved back or not? It wasn't as though they had some long history together. But, well ... she didn't know how much of it was just endogenous - probably most of it - but Celia had felt so rejected since coming back to school. And it wasn't as though anybody had said it out loud! But maybe that was the problem. Maybe the problem was that nobody said anything out loud, not even her.

She could, in theory ... maybe ... nah. No. Not worth it. Time would sort everything out. That was what time did, right? That was what everybody said. Time heals all wounds, or whatever the saying was.

Anyway, she was being dumb again. Instead of responding like a normal human, she was zoning out like ... like freak Celia. Weird, out-of-place, freak Celia.

"Hi," she replied, pinning a smile to her lips in desperation. Normal human. This was what normal humans did. "Just ... chilly, I guess. It's been a dull day out here. Nobody's causing any trouble. What's a Prefect to do?" Excellent! Good start. Her tone might not have been light, but the words themselves were. A joke, almost!

"Um ... what about you? Are you on duty or just hanging out?"

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
Braden McKinnon
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 09:54 PM
Braden McKinnon
Hufflepuff
Pureblood
17 YEARS OLD
I'm addicted to hurting.
No Special Ability
Scotty

He couldn't help but chuckle, a bit dryly, at her comment.

Certainly there was going to be nothing to do if no one was causing a scene. And, really, in his heart of hearts, he always loved a good scene. But that made their duty as Prefects that much more difficult; and he wasn't exactly a fan of Prefect duty to begin with. Making it harder just made it that much worse getting through the day and heading home. Also made it harder on the rest of the Prefects, and somehow, he was already starting to feel guilty about wishing there was some sort of scene. Which was another odd feeling to add to his list of odd feelings that had started cropping up lately.

He smiled and shook his head. "I'm here on a personal trip today, yes. Just figured I'd get another look of the place, y'know? For when I'm not on duty. Seems we rarely get the chance to enjoy Hogsmeade some days." Which he found to be particularly true. After all, work was work and who had time to enjoy their surroundings when you were meant to be keeping an eye on everyone in the bloody place? Just meant that there was a need to soak up as much of the town as possible on breaks.

"Not exactly sure why I decided to come out, though. It's damn cold today, bloody bone-chilling. I certainly don't envy you and whoever else got stuck on duty today." He said, smirking to himself slightly before feeling a bit guilty again. Like perhaps that wasn't the comment that he should've made. Especially not to a person who was practically forced to spend their day in this awful cold.

"Erm-- perhaps you could use a hand? Or just some company? I know I get right bored whenever I'm on duty." He said, half-apologizing, as if trying to make up for what he'd previously said. Whatever way possible, he supposed.

328 Words
PM
^
Celia Longbottom
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 06:24 PM
Celia Longbottom
Gryffindor
Single
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

Celia nodded. "It really is different when you're not on duty." Well ... sort of. It used to be. Now it was pretty much the same regardless of whether she was on duty: constant vigilance. Like that Moody guy they learned about in History of Magic. She totally understood that guy, and not only because she intended to become an Auror after school. She understood paranoia like nobody's business.

Celia looked up at Braden. He was super tall, which was alarming. She really, really wanted a growth spurt. It was bound to happen, right? Any day now. 5'4" was too short to feel safe, just too short. But he was OK. They'd gone to school together forever, and he'd never shown any indication of being a creeper, so that was a comfort.

"Maybe you just needed the fresh air," she replied, after searching for a long moment for something to say. "My dad always says people are like plants in more ways than we realize. That we need the fresh air. But, he's also obsessed with plants, so ... " Celia trailed off and shrugged. Her dad was weird.

Did she need a hand, or some company? Wasn't that why she'd waved at him? Just wanting someone to hang around, someone who wouldn't expect her to be super bubbly and talkative? But that seemed unfair, too. It wasn't like they were friends, and he didn't owe her anything. She was just being selfish.

"It's a boring day, that's for sure," Celia agreed. "I wouldn't mind the company, although I'm not exactly fun to hang around with. So it's up to you."

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
Braden McKinnon
 Posted: Jul 26 2016, 05:23 PM
Braden McKinnon
Hufflepuff
Pureblood
17 YEARS OLD
I'm addicted to hurting.
No Special Ability
Scotty

Was she always this short? Hell, if Braden had remembered right, she had to be a bit taller than she was... or had he been the one doing the growing?

He couldn't be bothered to try and figure it out, honestly. Would just take too much mental effort and he wasn't exactly ready to be thinking super hard on a day like this. Maybe she was right about the fresh air thing. Knowing who her father was... yeah, it was likely that it was a bit of stretch, the whole 'being like plants' bit, but there was something to be said about getting a little bit of fresh air into the lungs. Especially when it was nice and crisp like it tended to be towards the winter time.

He laughed softly, almost to himself, at her comment. If there was anyone who wasn't fun to hang out with, it was the lanky son of a bitch standing in front of her. Mopey, and quiet, and... just not fun to be around. Unless there was dancing. Or alcohol. "Believe me, you've got to be better company than I am. But I don't mind hanging around for a bit, if you'll have me." He said, stepping to her side, and cupping his hands around his mouth. Of course it was the one day he left a pair of gloves back in his room. He breathed quickly into his cupped hands and rubbed them together, trying to warm them up.

"So, a little weird, but how've you been? Seems like it's been some time since I've seen ya." He said, wondering if maybe that came across as weird as he felt like it did. She'd been a lot quieter since the start of the year and, while he didn't exactly see her that often to begin with, she seemed especially invisible since the start of this year. Which was fine by him; he knew what it was like to feel invisible or at the very least, act invisible.

335 Words
PM
^
Celia Longbottom
 Posted: Jul 27 2016, 02:44 AM
Celia Longbottom
Gryffindor
Single
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

Celia smiled a little bit, and shrugged. It was hard to conceptualize the idea of her being better company than anybody. She was pretty much the worst. Supposedly things were going to get better with time if she kept taking her medicine and going to therapy, but for now, she was in the bottom of the most pessimistic slump she could possibly imagine. Everybody looked like a killer to her traumatized mind, and she had to remind herself constantly that most people weren't like that.

Especially her classmates. Her classmates were confused kids, just like her. They talked about that in therapy, too. How everyone had their issues. How there were cycles in life, ups and downs. How trauma and desperation came in all kinds of different forms.

"Maybe we can just agree to disagree on that point," Celia conceded. "Seems like we're both pretty determined to take the blame for being the worst company. Which kinda makes us good company, if you think about it." Maybe that didn't make sense, but it was something. It was another step in a conversation, and conversation was what normal people did.

She glanced up at him again when he asked how she'd been. There was always a bit of a dance around this part. Some kids had followed the news stories and others hadn't. Some had been sheltered from it by their parents. Without coming right out and asking, Celia had no way of knowing who was privy to what information, and coming out and asking was awkward, so she generally didn't do it.

She shrugged. "Yeah, I guess I've been staying in more. Lots of homework, and my dad really wants me not to fail his class, and I'm awful at Herbology. So, it's just ... I dunno. It's a weird year. I'm hoping it'll turn around soon." Despite the nature of what she said, she delivered it in as light a tone as possible and did a fairly decent job of it.

"What about you? I always see you with that loud kid, and he seems to do most of the talking for the both of you." She tempered this with another small smile. She wasn't trying to slam Marc. Actually, she used to get along really well with him.

--------------------

user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE