TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

Fight!, OPEN/ Just outisde of a side Courtyard
Shane Rogers
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 12:11 AM
Shane Rogers
Hufflepuff
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
Umbra

IN A TIME OF MONSTERS
even a wise man may fall
TAG: OPEN

NOTES: November

Just make it to Transfigurations without getting into trouble, that’s all he had to do to actually end the day on a good note. Of course, whatever higher power or whatever there was, didn’t seem to think that was a good idea. Within minutes of making it down a flight of stairs Shane found himself looking directly into a crowd of people surrounding two people fighting each other like street muggles. The crowd around them did nothing to stop it either, just goaded them on with taunts and insults. He could feel his agitation grow out of nothing and take over his mind. Did these idiots not have any kind of sense? He moved quickly, dropping his books and pulling off his robes to reveal his white school uniform shirt and the black jeans he wore underneath with a chain hanging off the right pocket and looping to where his wallet was. He didn’t need to have his robe caught and ripped and have to bother Laney for more gold to fix it. No, he would handle this the old fashion way.

Shane pushed his way through the crowd and found the idiots in the middle, snarling like animals. The grabbed at each other and punched where ever they could reach. It wasn’t even long after he had broke the circle that one of them rolled onto of the other and was about to pound the others face into the ground. He dove at the kid and threw him off forcefully, allowing some of the anger that came from the wolf inside him to take over a bit.

“HEY!! ENOUGH!!” Shane turned on the kid he had thrown and bore gave him a death glare to stay laying where he was before turning on the crowd. “Shows over! Get to your damn classes and stop acting like a mob of idiots!!” To Shane that sounded like the perfect moment for everyone to leave, what he didn’t know was the guy on the ground had started all of this and when he turned to look at that kid he found him face to face with him and seconds later that same kids fist made contact with Shanes face, lighting up a blinding, yet dull pain starting at his cheek and rocking into his eye socket.

PM
^
Casey Mullane
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 12:55 AM
Casey Mullane
Slytherin
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
" ... No. Just no."
My parents made me and then ruined my life. Jerks.
Special Ability: Douchebaggery
Liz

For a while there, it seemed like he was winning, or at least not losing. Not that Casey knew how to fight - he was kinda making it up as he went along - but, for a time there, they were both standing and had exchanged pretty much an equal number of hits. That was good, right? So, sure, his knuckles hurt a lot and he couldn't exactly see all that well because there was blood dripping into one of his eyes, but he was standing! And that was something!

He wasn't even totally sure how it had started. He was just always on edge, and when he'd heard the word "muggle" slip from somebody's lips with that nasty tone, he just lost it. Honestly? Casey wasn't even completely certain that he'd gone for the guy who'd said it, but the dude had fought back, and of course then it was way too late to stop. You couldn't just stop punching, right? That would give the guy an opportunity to reach for his wand and blast you away. Not a good option.

Unfortunately, the tide started to turn in favor of the other guy, and Casey found himself on his back, watching in horror as this other dude's hands came for his collar and then -

And then he was gone? Wait, what? Some other dude had intervened, and yet ... and yet Casey was just lost in the throes of his freak-out. He made his way shakily to his feet, and as he looked around, all the faces sort of blurred together into this weird morass of meaningless fuzzy nothing, and ... and ...

He did it. He punched his rescuer. Just kinda ... because. Probably not the wisest choice he'd ever made. He punched his rescuer and then shouted something about how every single person at Hogwarts was a complete asshole.

--------------------
Casey | Slytherin | Muggle | 6th-year
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Shane Rogers
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 11:10 PM
Shane Rogers
Hufflepuff
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
Umbra

IN A TIME OF MONSTERS
even a wise man may fall
TAG: OPEN

NOTES: November

Shane stumbled back but caught himself before he actually fell on the ground from the hit. He hadn’t expected the attack especially since it was from the person he had just ripped someone else off of. He looked up quickly to get a bead on the person who had hit him and caught a look of nerves and worry in the eyes of the guy. Yeah, he had been right, it had been the kid he had been protecting. “The hell is your problem kid?” He checked his hand after wiping his face, no blood, good. The last the that needed to happen was him losing his cool in this kind of situation. Instead he stood his ground and looked at the kid, trying to figure out what he was playing at. However, what he didn’t realize was that idiot number two had gotten off the ground and with a yell pounced on Shane, plowing him to the ground. Are you shitting me?! More idiots?

It wasn’t hard, mostly because of the little bit of altering that the werewolf mutation did to someones body, but Shane turned mid fall and yanked the guy underneath him. He was pissed now, this idiot wanted to keep shit up? Cool, that’s fine, but if it was going to be two on one he was going to make things a little fairer.

Just as Shane and the other kid hit the ground he plowed both his clenched fists into the guys shoulders and then pulled his fist up so that his elbow made contact with the jack asses chin. A Loud crunch fallowed by yip and groan came from the guy underneath him. He hadn’t put to much force behind it but this guy wasn’t going to be able to talk for awhile without some serious painkillers.

Shanes eyes, now wild with anger looked up at everyone else around him, including the other brawler and an almost inhuman growl escaped his lips before his spoke. “ANYONE ELSE!? ANYONE AT ALL?!”

PM
^
Casey Mullane
 Posted: Jul 4 2016, 05:22 AM
Casey Mullane
Slytherin
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
" ... No. Just no."
Liz

"The hell is your problem, kid?"

... That was such a good question, and Casey honestly didn't know. At this point, he was just kinda frozen. It wasn't like he knew how to fight! He'd never been in a fight before! He was just a wussy rich kid from Dublin! How had he even ended up in this situation?

He halfway opened his mouth to speak, and that was when the other kid - the one who may or may not have said "muggle" - decided to take the whole thing yet another step further. Casey watched in horrified amazement as Shane took the kid down and broke his jaw.

The sound was sickening. It turned his stomach. Holy crap, he was in so far over his head here! Casey turned, as though looking for a way out, but the whole encounter had drawn quite a crowd, and he wasn't sure he'd be able to force his way through quickly enough to escape.

Plus, Shane had seen his face, anyway. His stupid, cowardly, muggle face. This was just ... so super not good.

... He growled. Did that really happen? Was this, like, a standard wizard thing? Casey's eyes were enormous and he lifted his hands up to show just how harmless and non-fighty he was at this point.

"Nah, dude, I think it's pretty safe to say you won this one."

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Shane Rogers
 Posted: Jul 4 2016, 11:52 AM
Shane Rogers
Hufflepuff
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
Umbra

QUOTE (Shane Rogers @ Jul 3 2016, 10:10 PM)
IN A TIME OF MONSTERS
even a wise man may fall
TAG:  OPEN

NOTES:  November

Shane got off the other stranger and walked over to the terrified looking one who seemed to have completely conceded in every way other than throwing up a white flag. He didn’t even let the kid actor o respond in anyway, instead he had his hands twisted in his robes and began dragging him forcefully out of the crowd. He was going to find out what the hell happened to start all of this right then, but the last thing that was needed was it done in front of an audience. “SHOWSS OVER! EVERYONE GET TO YOUR CLASSES!” He heard decent from here and there, even some calling him out and saying that they were older then him and didn’t have to listen. In all honesty he didn’t care, they had opened up a way of for him and he kept walking while trying to drag the new kid along with him.

It wasn’t too long before he had gotten them both far enough that they were out of ear shot of anyone and he was willing to let the kid go. There really hadn’t been time to see what he looked like when Shane was trying to break up the fight, and even less of a chance when he was trying to get the kid out of bad situation that could have gotten worse.  Now that he looked him over he took careful notice of the green lining of his robes, the tidiness of his dress and even how he held himself. [i]Great, this is going to be fun. You just saved a rich Slytherin.[/i]

“So this is the part of the conversation where you tell me your name and what the hell happened back there and why I just broke some kids jaw.” Shane looked around to make sure no one was around before embedding his eyes into the guy in front of him. He was not going to go down for stopping this how he had without knowing all the facts. He would have no issue what so ever blaming it on this kid if he found out that HE had started it. Not only that but he would drag his ass to the Headmaster himself, whether it was in rough shape or not.

PM
^
Casey Mullane
 Posted: Jul 4 2016, 08:50 PM
Casey Mullane
Slytherin
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
" ... No. Just no."
Liz

Casey flinched when the guy grabbed him by his robes and then yelled at everybody else. OK, this dude was, like, insanely intense and Casey was clearly about to get his face pounded in or something equally dire. And that was not a good thing at all, because Casey was pretty pleased with his face the way it was. It was quite handsome, actually. And pretty much the only thing he had going for him here in the land of freakish magic shenanigans.

He wasn't very cooperative as Shane tugged him away and then gave him the once-over. Casey adjusted his tie and frowned at the confusing, growly rescuer guy. At this point, the only thing that was going to save him was dignity, so if he was going to talk to this guy, he was going to have to do it really formally. So he tilted his chin up and met Shane's gaze with his best attempt at an arrogant sneer curling his lips.

"My name is Casey, he mocked me for my non-magical status, and you broke his jaw when your fist collided with his face. I'd have thought that part, at least, was obvious."

Was he perhaps pushing this guy's patience a little too far? Possibly ... probably ... and yet Casey was getting a sort of perverse pleasure out of acting like a jerk. At least it was preferable to acting as helpless as he felt.

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Shane Rogers
 Posted: Jul 5 2016, 01:56 AM
Shane Rogers
Hufflepuff
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
Umbra

IN A TIME OF MONSTERS
even a wise man may fall
TAG:   OPEN

Pathetic, Shane could see how fake that sneer was and wanted to smack it off this kids face almost as quickly as he had broken the others jaw. However, he knew better, he needed to control his anger and keep it all in check. Emotions clouded judgement. Anger lead to hate and hate lead to things that were only dark and uncontrollable. So instead of hitting Casey he took a deep breath and relaxed his shoulders, closing his eyes for a moment and then reopening them to look at this guy in a new light.

“Okay, look, your right. He should not have called you a muggle if you find it to be offensive. Its about time we all just call eachother human instead of No-maj or muggle. At this point in history is ridiculous when we are trying to build bridges and not walls.” Shane shook his head and uncrossed his arms. He was not going to make it to Transfigurations, there was just no way anymore. “Look, wanna go for a walk? Maybe get off on a better start and figure out a way to get everyone to stop being a dick?” Shane decided he would point out the obvious elephant in the room alter. This kid seemed to need a one zero one teaching on things at Hogwarts and the wizarding world. He had seen that look in his eyes before, the fear, hate and misunderstanding. He saw it all the time when people found out what he was. Part of why he was so good at the Obliviate spell now. He needed to atleast give this kid a chance to understand. If after that he didn’t, then, well Shane would push him in the lake or something and let him figure it all on his own.

PM
^
Casey Mullane
 Posted: Jul 6 2016, 05:03 PM
Casey Mullane
Slytherin
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
" ... No. Just no."
Liz

Hah! All right! This guy was agreeing with him! At least somebody here had the good sense to listen to what Casey had to say! He wasn't completely insane! Just a fish out of water! It was all good, though, since now he'd gotten into a fight, not been beaten senseless, and been pulled out of it by a guy who agreed with his reasoning. Now he could move along to his next pointless class and ... and ...

Or not? He wanted to go for a walk? Casey arched an eyebrow, looking baffled. OK, now he was suspicious again. This intense growly guy just wanted to get him somewhere private and then magic the living crap out of him, right? DEATHUS MAXIMUS, or whatever it was? Oh, this was quickly getting super sketch again. Boo. Not awesome at all.

"Uhh ... right, well ... it's kinda ... time for class, though. Is the thing." He sort of started to move so as to get out from between the dude and the wall, but then kinda realized that they were really in close quarters and ... um ... the growling had happened. That was a thing. Was Casey supposed to wait to be dismissed? On threat of bodily harm if he just dashed away without permission?

Man. Crap. What the hell? "I mean, unless we can really get away with cutting ... but ... uh ... "

God, he was just not even making sense anymore.

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Shane Rogers
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 01:01 AM
Shane Rogers
Hufflepuff
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
Umbra

QUOTE (Shane Rogers @ Jul 5 2016, 12:56 AM)
IN A TIME OF MONSTERS
even a wise man may fall

Shane was starting to think he couldn’t win today. First this kid busts his face in because he helped him and now he was terrified of him while he was offering him a calm walk. The fear was so strong that he could smell it off the Slytherin muggle and that was causing him to be a bot more frustrated and even flustered. Frustration, however, was not what he needed to be at that moment. So instead he took a deep breath, closed his eyes and only opened them when he felt the heat in his face start to disappear.

“Look kid, I am not trying to scare you. I wanted to go for a walk so that you can see that not all Wizards are dicks. Some of us our outsiders in this school to.” Shane wish he could tell this kid why he himself was such an outsider, but he had a feeling that revealing that he was a werewolf would cause this kid to either start trying to kill him or run down the halls screaming the fact. Both of those were not exactly what was needed at that moment. “If you don’t want to go for a walk that’s fine. I am not going to force you or anything. Just know that I know what its like to be an outsider and not know what to do. Its not just because I am an American either.” He backed up a step, trying to show this Casey kid that if he wanted to leave he wasn’t going to stop him. Yet he stood still right after as well, hoping that this showed that he was still invited to walk with him if he wanted to.

“Your choice, I am not going to force you either way.”

PM
^
Casey Mullane
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 07:19 PM
Casey Mullane
Slytherin
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
" ... No. Just no."
Liz

"Some of us are outsiders in this school too."

That gave Casey pause. What exactly did that even mean? He hadn't given any thought to what differences there might be between magical folks. He'd been so trapped in his own super-special-snowflake agony that all the magical kids had just kinda looked ... well, the same. They all carried wands, which put them on a level above his, a level from which they could do whatever the hell they wanted to him at any moment.

And then the growly, intimidating kid took a step backward, and Casey had a little more breathing room, and he was totally allowed to run off and suddenly the idea of cutting class and going for a walk instead seemed a lot more appealing.

Not so he could make a friend or something, though. Not at all that. Like, he wasn't interested in this person and his reasoning. It was just a good excuse not to go to yet another class in which he was hopelessly far behind and a big fat failure. Shane as a person wasn't even remotely intriguing.

Casey swallowed and looked at the floor. His voice was barely audible when he spoke again: "Sorry I hit you. It wasn't personal." Then he shoved his hands into his pockets and sort of started to walk, assuming that Shane would come along with him given the offer. "So, how'd you get here, anyway? Being American and all."

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Shane Rogers
 Posted: Jul 28 2016, 10:42 AM
Shane Rogers
Hufflepuff
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
Umbra

IN A TIME OF MONSTERS
even a wise man may fall

Shane let the apology come and go as they finally began to walk. This kid had a higher wall then he had ever seen and most of it was fake. It was kind of dumb how hard he was trying to make himself seem tough after shitting his pants like twenty minutes ago but he didn’t really point it out. Instead he tried to focus on the question that was just pointed at him. It was one of those obvious questions that you would think he would be asked a lot, yet many people didn’t. It was always something else, not the obvious, ‘how are you here and American?’ it was kind of refreshing really….in a weird way.

“My parents forced me to leave the states to move to Scotland with my cousins. That was when I was ten, haven’t been back since.” That’s where he left it. He expected more questions about it, the inevitable dig deeper thing, but for now that was all he was going to say. He didn’t like thinking about the parents he had somewhere out in the states. The two people who were supposed to want him and instead gave him up because they couldn’t figure out how to deal with not only a child who could wield magic, but one that was also a werewolf. They seemed to not even want to try, that in itself made him not even want to know them in any way. Who wanted to know people who didn’t even care enough to TRY to understand and help? He shook his head and kept walking. The cold of autumn had started to nip at them a little but it didn’t really bother him. The full moon was coming soon and he was going to need to get used to this a bit. He would wake up one morning in the frost and it would suck worse then this, so what the hell right?

“How about you? How does a Mug…I mean a non-Maj end up in Slytherin? I mean I was born to Non-Maj parents, but your straight up non-Maj and ended up in a house where they are traditionally hated.” He wasn’t trying to offend the kid, he was more interested then anything. Things like that usually had an explanation that lead to a bit more insight into a person, Shane liked that.

PM
^
Casey Mullane
 Posted: Jul 29 2016, 03:29 AM
Casey Mullane
Slytherin
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
" ... No. Just no."
Liz

Oh. Well, shit! Parents forcing him to do something? Casey could totally relate to that. All of a sudden, growly Shane didn't seem quite so bad, or quite so different. Casey was so caught up in the jerk parents thing that he didn't even fully pick up on the living-with-cousins thing. He scoffed. "Now that I can understand. Parents forcing you to do things. That's the whole reason I'm here. Parents just don't listen, do they?"

He had no idea that he was talking to a guy whose parents had full-on ditched him. If he'd known, Casey would at least have tried to be slightly more sensitive, but he had a lot of trouble imagining lives that were different from his own. He was incredibly self-centered that way.

The more they talked, the more Casey relaxed into it. After all, it was pretty exhausting to keep up the armor of attitude. Sometimes, it just sort of came down because he didn't have the energy or motivation to keep it up. He tried to think back to when that crazy-weird hat had been on his head. "Umm ... the hat said something about determination? And a desire for greatness. Which was kinda surprising, honestly. It didn't say anything about being ... no-maj? Whatever that is. So ... Slytherin. And you're ... "

He glanced over at Shane's robes, then cocked an eyebrow in surprise. "Hufflepuff? I didn't know Hufflepuffs could throw down like that."

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Shane Rogers
 Posted: Aug 8 2016, 10:18 PM
Shane Rogers
Hufflepuff
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
Umbra

IN A TIME OF MONSTERS
even a wise man may fall

Shane chuckled darkly when parents were brought up. Casey didn’t know, he knew that. How could he, Shane was locked up tight most of the time and refused to let anyone know about that side of his life. If they knew they would know that there might be something more different about him the just that he was a wizard. However right now, he was going to play that card. It was always easier that way. Send them on a fake trail with a new scent and they carried it until they couldn’t anymore.

“Don’t know much about parents being ass holes dude, mine kind of abandoned me when they found out about me being a wizard. Apparently it wasn’t kosher to them, so they sent me to live with my cousins in Scotland who were a witch and a wizard because they said that they could ‘handle me.’” In truth Shane really hadn’t been there for the conversation. Neither did he actually want to know what had actually been said. All he knew was that people who were supposed to love and protect him had given him up at the first sign of trouble. Shane had really know love for his parents. If he ever actually met them then he would only have one thing to say to them ‘I’m better then you could have ever made me.’ That’s all he wanted and would ever want to say to them. That’s all that mattered to him really when it came to them. They needed to know that he was better as a werewolf and a wizard then whatever they had wanted him to become.

Shane had a feeling he had been in his own head as they walked, letting a silence drag on for far to long. He slightly remembered Casey asking him how a Hufflepuff could fight like he had and a sly smirk replaced the look of betrayal with tones of anger.

“Trust me, I’ve fought all my life, I’m just loyal to the bone and try to help as many people as I can.”

PM
^
Casey Mullane
 Posted: Sep 11 2016, 07:24 PM
Casey Mullane
Slytherin
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
" ... No. Just no."
Liz

"Uhhh, actually, I would argue that means you know a lot about parents being assholes. I mean, what's more assholish than that? Just ditching you?" Shit. Just shipping your kid off because he's magical? Really? That was stupid and not awesome at all. Casey actually felt really sad just thinking about it. This was dumb. He wasn't supposed to have these feelings about what this guy was telling him. He wasn't supposed to be empathizing with a magical person who wasn't little-sister Mari!

Jeez, he was losing his jerk touch or something.

"My parents used to pretty much ignore me," Casey offered, "which was nice. And then my big brother and sister ... uh. They died. And everything changed." He sort of shrugged, which didn't really express how he actually felt about losing his siblings, but got kinda close to how he was trying to feel about the additional parental pressure.

The silence stretched out, and Casey was pretty all right with that. He didn't feel like they really needed to be having some big long feelsy conversation. It had just sort of accidentally started happening, but if it was gonna trail off, Casey was completely fine with that prospect.

He nodded. "Oh, right. Yeah. The loyalty thing. Hufflepuffs are loyal to other people and Slytherins are loyal to themselves, right? Something like that?" It was funny to try to think about what his house assignment actually meant. Casey still didn't totally get it.

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Shane Rogers
 Posted: Sep 13 2016, 01:37 AM
Shane Rogers
Hufflepuff
N/A
N/A
N/A YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
N/A
Umbra

IN A TIME OF MONSTERS
even a wise man may fall

Brother and sister died? No wonder this kid was a brooding mess. His parents sounded like he hadn’t mattered until those around him had died. At that point he had been the only one left and they clung to him like he was everything that mattered, that would be a shock to anyone, sometimes not a very welcomed one either. Shane felt for the guy and wondered to himself if he had been way too hard on him before. This kid was out of his element in a bad way and he even more so now.

“Family seems like it shouldn’t be complicated but it is no matter what I guess.” Shane shrugged and shook his head as Casey continued talking. This guy had issues that seemed to go deeper then he was revealing, something he knew all to well about. You could expose some of your roots but show to many and you could be pulled up into a world you never wanted to be. This guy had made that mistake once and now was at Hogwarts, Shane had a feeling he was not planning on doing it again.

When he mentioned the whole stereotype about Hufflepuff Shane laughed. “You know that whole [color=yellow]thing is just a way to group us right?” He cocked his head towards Casey and gave him a smirk. “You know how many selfish bastards are in Gryffindor? Or how many pompous shits are in Ravenclaw? Bet there are some brave guys in Slytherin who would fight to the death for the person that means the most to them to.” Shane let that hang in the air for a bit as they walked on before speaking again. “It doesn’t matter what house you are in, it matters how you represent it. I am a Hufflepuff and I’m proud to be one, but I don’t wear it like its who I am. I am Shane Rogers and I have to lie as much as anyone else to keep my ass out of the fire. I have started fights and I sure as hell have ended them to.”

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE