TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

Through The Cracks, Empty Classroom
Rachel Winston
 Posted: Jul 19 2016, 12:10 AM
Rachel Winston
Gryffindor
Single; Demisexual
Pureblood
14 YEARS OLD
"Ain't nothing sweet about me."
N/A
No special abilities
Shei

Early December, 2035
@Duncan Connery

It was almost the end of the day. Time for Rachel to find a place all to herself and read. The library was out, considering that's where most students gathered for homework. But Rachel had a secret place. A place that was quiet and out of the way and just for her. She skipped down the corridor with a grin. Her messenger bag bounced heavily against her hip. She was getting closer, the notched grooves in the wall she had carved there when she was eleven told her so.

And there it was. Her smile broke her face and she sped up. She turned the handle on the door and let herself inside. The evening sun streamed in through the large windows. Empty desks littered the room, long abandoned and forgotten and a thin layer of dust rose up through the air. Rachel smiled and set her bag atop a desk before she moved to light up some of the candles around the room. Once the room was more illuminated she turned back to her bag.

Now for more of that silly muggle story she had been reading. She reached into her bag and pulled out...her textbooks? She frowned. That's weird. She reached in again and pulled out.......papers?

Okay, don't panic. She dumped her bag out onto the floor. She heard the smash of ink bottles and saw more parchment float to the floor, but couldn't see her book. She shook her head. "Okay Rachel." She muttered. "Calm down. Just think of where you last...put... it." She didn't remember. Her breath elevated slightly.

"No. Its fine... I'll just read....."What was she going to read? Her breath hitched. "Nooo no. Not now!" She bent her head trying desperately to remember and retrace the days steps. The more her panic escalated, the less she could recall. She screamed, the pain slowly returning to her and turning her back into the frightened eleven year old. Tears welled and slid from her eyes. "NO!"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Duncan Connery
 Posted: Jul 19 2016, 11:20 PM
Duncan Connery
Slytherin
Single
Slytherin
16 YEARS OLD
"Stop calling me broody. I'm just quiet."
I'm a halfblood wizard and I'm 15. Hogwarts is my home. It's where I met Astrid, Matthew, and Ariadne, my best friends. Anything else you want to know, you can read my application.
Animagus in Training
Heather

listening is a quiet thing

December had started. Halfway through the year. At the end of the term, there would only be one more term before he had to sit for his O.W.L.s that would determine if he was good enough for his classes he needed to become a healer. It was nerve wracking, to say the least. He hoped he didn't screw it up before then.

To make sure that didn't happen, he'd taken to studying extra hard these last two weeks and would continue studying until his O.W.L.s. It left little time for friends, but he sat with Astrid and Matthew at meals, hung out with Matthew in the common room, and had a few other acquaintances he'd spent time with. And it wasn't like he needed a lot of socialization anyways, since he was pretty much a loner. He did wish he and Astrid had had time for at least one more impromptu date, but it hadn't panned out that way so far. Maybe just before break or after the new term began. Hopefully.

He was searching for a room to study Charms and Transfigurations in, as he was proficient in them, but they weren't his best subjects and they had practical exams tomorrow, when he walked by a dusty, unused classroom and heard a commotion inside. Normally, Duncan would have passed by, but something told him to check it out this time, and when he did, he found a fourth year Gryffindor throwing her things everywhere, panicking over... something? A missing book? He stepped into the classroom and closed the door before calmly walking over to the student who was frustrated, panicking, and crying.

Duncan hated seeing other people in pain, which is part of the reason he wanted to become a healer in the first place. He does care about others; he's just too emotionally constipated to show it often. "Hey, hey. Breathe in with me." She looked to be having a panic attack, so he took one of her hands and placed it on his chest so she could feel his breathing and match hers to it. It was something one of his servants had shown him when they had a panic attack similar to this. "In, 2, 3, 4. Out, 2, 3, 4. In, 2, 3, 4. Out, 2, 3, 4. Better?" He asked her.

a talent he had developed | @Rachel Winston

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rachel Winston
 Posted: Jul 24 2016, 01:39 AM
Rachel Winston
Gryffindor
Single; Demisexual
Pureblood
14 YEARS OLD
N/A
No special abilities
Shei

Some one was touching her. Someone was talking to her. She didn't know him. Should she know him. Oh no, did she know him. She searched his face as she mumbled, "I can't remember." Over and over again. Her throat felt tight, the room felt small, she wanted to disappear.

The boy placed his hand on his chest and started speaking slowly. Rachel knew she had to calm down. She knew it like she knew she had no real reason to be freaking out this badly. She focused on what he was saying. Or tried to. IT sounded like she had water in her ears. The point got across though. She tried to match her breaths to his, tried to make the rushing sensation go away.

Slowly, slowly, she calmed down. She took another deep breath and soon she was able to drop her hand from the boys chest. No, she didn't know the boy, he was a few years ahead of her and a Slytherin. There was no way she knew him. She also remembered that she had left The Hobbit in her dorm. She had forgotten to put it back in her bag. Which was reasonable.

She lifted her head and smiled halfheartedly. "Hi. Sorry you had to see that." She glanced around at her smashed ink bottles, books and parchment strewn about the room.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Duncan Connery
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 12:18 AM
Duncan Connery
Slytherin
Single
Slytherin
16 YEARS OLD
I'm a halfblood wizard and I'm 15. Hogwarts is my home. It's where I met Astrid, Matthew, and Ariadne, my best friends. Anything else you want to know, you can read my application.
Animagus in Training
Heather

Watching as the younger student calmed down a little, making sure he was on her level, he was pretty sure his face was relaxed and not tense like usual. When he didn't consciously relax his face, he tended to look angry, annoyed, or downright violent, so he made a conscious effort to look non-threatening. His friends always laughed at him when he tried, saying he looked like he was going to fart. Which was a totally inappropriate word, he'd learned as a child when he'd said it to his parents. They had not been very happy or impressed.

"Don't think anything of it. I'm just glad you are okay." He truly didn't like when people were upset. It was even worse when they were panicking like she had been. He couldn't remember her name, what with it being four years since she'd been sorted and that was probably the last time he'd heard her name called was the sorting ceremony his second year. He thought an introduction might be in order. "I'm Duncan. What were you searching for?"

While she answered, he went around with his wand mending broken ink bottles and refilling them with the spilled ink, organizing and collecting textbooks, mending ripped parchments, and basically reorganizing the entire dusty room. Well, a lot of the dust had been displaced, so some of the room was cleaner than the rest.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rachel Winston
 Posted: Jul 26 2016, 12:43 AM
Rachel Winston
Gryffindor
Single; Demisexual
Pureblood
14 YEARS OLD
N/A
No special abilities
Shei

Rachel giggled. What was wrong with his face? "Uhm, not to be rude or anything, but are you alright? You look like you need to use the bathroom." She smiled and stepped back. She was still calming down. She was mostly steady now, but the fear still lingered in the back of her mind.

Weak and pathetic. You and your brother. She shuddered visibly as the cruel words whispered across her mind. "In any event, I'm sorry you had to witness that. I promise I'm not so utterly frantic." She gave him a bright smile and bent to pick up some stray papers by her feet. She looked up again to see he'd already cast a spell to clean up her mess. She grimaced. She was still going to need to replace some of the ruined parchment.

"Rachel. Rachel Winston." She offered and hopped up on one of the desks. "Thanks for..." She waved a hand at the cleaned up area. She swung her legs suddenly ashamed. She wouldn't forget this. She wouldn't let herself. "I, uh, misplaced a book." She admitted, glancing down at her feet. "I just forget things sometimes. It's not...that big a deal." Please, buy it, please, please, buy it. She smiled again. "So why are you up this way anyway? I thought the older students all converged in the library at this time?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Duncan Connery
 Posted: Jul 26 2016, 12:59 AM
Duncan Connery
Slytherin
Single
Slytherin
16 YEARS OLD
Animagus in Training
Heather

She giggled. At his face. And basically said he looked like he was constipated. He snorted, a short exhale of a breath from his nose before leaning back and sitting on a desk across from her. "I've been told I have a frightening face. That I look mean. I was trying to relax my face, but I suppose I won't be doing that again, huh?"He chuckled a little bit.

She still seemed shaken up so he regarded her carefully. She shuddered. He assumed she probably still thinking about what had happened, whatever she'd apparently forgotten, and nodded. "Don't even worry about it. Again. Sometimes, I forget things when I walk into a room. Except that's because doorways symbolize new beginnings, so our brains systematically dump anything not in long-term memory, and that's why we forget." He wasn't sure why he was talking so much, he normally didn't, but something about her innocent looking face made him want to be absolutely clear with her. Maybe it was because she was so shaken up from whatever she forgot.

Oh, a book. She'd forgotten a book. Well, if he'd been planning to read, he'd have have gotten upset as well. Maybe not as upset as she'd gotten, but to each their own and he wasn't going to be that judge. Then, she asked why he was down this long-forgotten corridor and he answered, "I like to find empty classrooms to study in. It's peaceful and quiet and the environment of learning tends to linger in old, disused classrooms. Were you going to read down here?" He could imagine reading in one of these classrooms and how relaxing it must be. She was probably down here for that.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rachel Winston
 Posted: Jul 26 2016, 03:58 AM
Rachel Winston
Gryffindor
Single; Demisexual
Pureblood
14 YEARS OLD
N/A
No special abilities
Shei

Rachel grinned. He was funny. A little weird maybe, but then who wasn't. Another potential friend perhaps? Who knew. "Sounds like you have crap luck in the face department." She teased, grin never leaving her face. "But really. Your face is fine. A little on the strict side, but My brother has resting bitch face too." OR at least he would be if I'd seen him outside of dinner lately. She shook that thought away.

She tilted her head confused. Other people forgot things....and were okay with it? She hated that feeling. Duh. She shook her head. "Yeah. I guess I'll just have to try a little harder." She flashed him a smile as she continued to swing her legs. "Memory issues sort of.... run in my family. Its not fun." She admitted and nearly grimaced at the understatement.

Rachel gave a nod. "Its quiet. Plus the afternoon sun reflects almost beautifully in here. Its very peaceful. Normally my brother is with me... but he's off with his new friend. Marc...whatever." She shrugged. It hurt and she felt lonely. "I guess I should be happy. He hasn't yelled at me about my," she held up two finger and made air quotes, "'misbehavior' in ages."

She smiled again and stopped swinging her feet. "So, Duncan, tell me about yourself. Your obviously a Slytherin and you've made it clear that you have a face issue. But who is the real Duncan?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Duncan Connery
 Posted: Jul 29 2016, 01:13 AM
Duncan Connery
Slytherin
Single
Slytherin
16 YEARS OLD
Animagus in Training
Heather

When she said he had crap luck in the face department, he had to blink, confused. What? No one ever really said he had crap luck in his face before. His parents used to comment about how easy it would be to marry him off "with a face like that." He'd hated when they said that, as if he were something for them to use to achieve their own goals. He'd started to believe the only reason they'd had a child was to marry them off for more prestige with their "friends." He hated his parents.

He snorted and responded with, "Your brother sounds like he and I have some similar problems. People assume I'm angry or that I'll threaten them because of my face." He found it silly. Then she started talking about her memory problems and how they run in the family. "Ah. That sucks then. Do you have a planner? My parents have one of those to keep track of everything and not forget what they're doing. Maybe you need one?" He offered the planner as a suggestion, hoping maybe it would help alleviate some of her apparent distaste for memory loss.

She said something about her brother mentioning her "misbehavior," and how he wasn't doing it recently because he was hanging out with a Marc. Hopefully not the same Marc Duncan had insulted. God, that would suck. Marc hated him. "What kind of 'misbehavior' are you talking about? Mischief?" But then she was asking about him and he never knew what to answer when people did that.

"Um. Well, I'm a fifth year Slytherin prefect? And I only became a prefect because my parents told me I had to because 'being a prefect is a position worthy of your status,' which is utter bullshite, since I'm a half-blood. Like, we aren't even pureblood and they act like we are." It was stupid. Why couldn't they just be happy with who they were and stop trying to live up to pureblood standards? It's not like Duncan's kids would be pureblooded either. His great-grandchildren, maybe, since halfblood families become pureblood after three generations, but he could care less about blood status. He just wanted to meet the right person and settle down with them. "Uh.. What else do you want to know?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rachel Winston
 Posted: Jul 30 2016, 01:29 AM
Rachel Winston
Gryffindor
Single; Demisexual
Pureblood
14 YEARS OLD
N/A
No special abilities
Shei

Rachel tilted her head considering. "Yeah, you know. I can see it." A grin slipped over her lips. "You do look angry." Her eyes widened with false terror. "Oh no. Are you the creature that snatches children up in the night?" She faux whispered and clapped her hands to her face. "How awful." Her face split in a grin. "Sorry. I have a bad sense of humor."

Rachel, significantly calmer now, laughed. "Dude, if you're a prefect then maybe I shouldn't tell you. I don't exactly have the best reputation when it comes to," she made air quotes with her fingers, "'following school rules.' Although , I have one friend that's a prefect." She grinned.

Rachel's face fell. "Yeah." She replied darkly. "I know all about Pure-blood families." Just as quick as her smile faltered it was replaced. She leaned forward conspiratorially. "My grandmother is obsessed with making sure I'm the perfect wife. I bet she faints every time she gets a letter home about my behavior." She shook her head with a grin.

She shrugged. "Yeah, man, I don't know." She gave one final swing of her legs before hopping off. She needed to move. Never did like sitting still for long, unless she was reading. "Like what are you into. Not what your parents want? I'm kinda bad t this."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Duncan Connery
 Posted: Aug 2 2016, 09:18 PM
Duncan Connery
Slytherin
Single
Slytherin
16 YEARS OLD
Animagus in Training
Heather

She agreed that he looked angry. Which he did. Because, genetics; what were you to do? He threw his head back and laughed when she asked if he snatched children in the night, a deep, belly laugh like one he hadn't had since the year prior, when Matthew, Ari, ...Astrid, and he had played pranks on other students all around the school. "Don't say that. That's the hardest I've laughed in half a year."

Snorting at her, he said, "I don't care as long as you aren't murdering or hurting people or casting unforgiveables. Anything else is basically fair game." She mentioned a friend that was a prefect and figured maybe he'd been wrong. If she had a prefect friend, maybe she was a fifth year after all. But no, he knew all the fifth years. And he was best friends with Matthew, and had been since his first year and Matthew's second. He shrugged internally and refocused on her just in time to see her face change expressions.

God, her grandmother must be awful. Though it's not like his parents were any better. He nodded along to her before replying, "Yeah. My parents are trying to make me the perfect son, all prim and proper and cunning, doing whatever I have to to succeed. Even manipulating other people, which I just... I don't think I can do, because other people have their own feelings and I don't like tricking them. Pranking, yes. Tricking, no."

He chuckled again at her question and leaned back, his hands on the edge of the desk he was sitting on. He looked up at the ceiling and said, "I want to be a healer. I want to help people like the ones my parents employ, who can't afford their medications or potions, and make them for free. I want..." No one had really ever asked him what he wanted, so it was a little difficult to talk about. "I want... I just want to help people." And so what if she ended up thinking he was sappy for that, it was the truth.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rachel Winston
 Posted: Aug 3 2016, 05:18 AM
Rachel Winston
Gryffindor
Single; Demisexual
Pureblood
14 YEARS OLD
N/A
No special abilities
Shei

Rachel gave him a grin. "If that's the hardest you've laughed all this time, then maybe I should stop." Her face turned deadly serious. "You're face might crack." And then she joined him in his laughter. It felt good to have some one to laugh at after that and she felt camaraderie with this....Duncan? Duncan. She felt camaraderie with Duncan. He sort of reminded her of her brother, if easier to make laugh.

Her whole left arm twitched at his mention and her head gave a small twinge of pain in response, but she tried to play it off. She waved her right hand, while folding her left arm behind her. "No, no. Nothing like that. I swear its for a perfectly good cause. Mostly. Vigilante justice." She gave a practiced smiled. "Sounds a lot better than Serial Pranker."

Her smile softened. "Yeah? Heal and help people? I don't know man that's pretty noble." She wanted to help people too. She wasn't sure how she was going to do such a thing, but all she knew was that, if Jack was able to succeed the old man before their eighteenth, she wanted to help people escape from people like her grandfather. Her eyes flicked to her bag. "I can understand wanting to help people." She flashed him a sincere smile. "For what its worth, and in my brief experience, I think you're gonna be one damn good Healer."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Duncan Connery
 Posted: Aug 8 2016, 09:42 PM
Duncan Connery
Slytherin
Single
Slytherin
16 YEARS OLD
Animagus in Training
Heather

He couldn't help but chuckle again at her, her infectious laughter making him feel as if he'd known her forever. He just felt at such peace around this fourth year, Rachel. "Nah. My face doesn't crack. Except when it's a laugh." He smiled at her while sitting atop the desks.

Her arm twitched and she seemed to move to protect it which was curious. He wanted to ask about it but she had already moved on to explaining her rule breaking. He raised a skeptical eyebrow. "Vigilante... justice. Justice against another student? Are they going to get seriously hurt?" He said the last sentence a little jokingly, raising an eyebrow at her while a smirk pulled one side of his lips up.

Unable to help the slightly embarrassed smile that crossed his lips at her words, he nodded, agreeing. Healing was a fairly noble profession, one his parents could actually be proud of, assuming he was doing it to carry on the prestigious name of Connery. Which... he wasn't, but he wasn't going to be telling them that. He liked helping people, and felt a small sense of peace and contentment when she said he'd be a good healer. He hoped so. He wanted to help people like he had helped her with her panic attack. "So, what do you want to do when you grow up?"

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Rachel Winston
 Posted: Aug 9 2016, 02:41 PM
Rachel Winston
Gryffindor
Single; Demisexual
Pureblood
14 YEARS OLD
N/A
No special abilities
Shei

Rachel raised an eyebrow as she stretched her arms above her head. A grin slipped across her face. "You know mate, you're not exactly proving me wrong. A grin could crack your face? That was the point." She giggled. Leaning against a desk she observed him with a secret smile. Poor kid. He looked angry and upset, but it seemed more like he did indeed had a resting bitch face. But, like most people, his face lit up when he was laughing. Rachel shook her head. People in general should laugh more. "You're kinda closed off aren't you?" She asked with a laugh. "No worries, " She winked. "I'll keep the face cracking a secret."

"Well, unless you count hurt pride, no. No serious injury will come to anyone. If it hurts physically I'm not into it." She made a face rubbing her arms together. "If I hurt anything other than a person's pride I'm no better than them." She went quiet for a moment her eyes staring out a window. Then she turned to him with a grin. "Nah. People usually just have to change their uniforms. That's the extent off my damage." She promised him with a wink and a mischievous grin.

Rachel went still. What she wanted to do when she grew up? She wanted to be....She wanted to... Her eyes went to the floor. She wanted a lot. But she knew the reality of her situation. Knew it was inescapable no matter how she tried to avoid it. She shifted her weight on her feet. Duncan was waiting for a response and she'd been quiet for a good minute now. Damn, she was probably coming off as super weird. "Well," She said slowly picking her words. "I'm going to do what every girl born second in line to the Winston family will do. I'll marry a pureblood and become a pureblood baby machine."

Something angry inside her kicked and she glared at him. "No. No, what I want to be is an Auror."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE