TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

Actually Smiling, Tag: Marielle Prince | The Dining Hall
Casey Mullane
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 12:21 AM
Casey Mullane
Slytherin
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
" ... No. Just no."
My parents made me and then ruined my life. Jerks.
Special Ability: Douchebaggery
Liz

@Heather

Late November, 2035

Casey didn't even notice when the owls started to descend. Why would he? He rarely got anything worth looking forward to. His parents were always pissed at him, and his sisters were all confused and didn't know what to write, so they mostly didn't. He just kept staring at his plate, poking at the yolk of an egg and watching it dribble out and over the white to mix with his potatoes.

So it was a surprise when an owl brought him something: a rather large package, actually. Usually his parents' letters were just one-pagers full of scoldings. They weren't in the habit of sending him presents. So what was this?

Casey's face lit up when he opened the package and pulled out a brand-new issue of the Sandman. And then another, and another. If any of his housemates had looked at him at that moment, they would have been completely surprised. Casey hadn't made a face like that since ... well, maybe since before his siblings died? He wasn't sure. Nothing since then had made him feel this ... light.

He completely forgot about his breakfast in lieu of rifling through the contents of the package. There was so much here! And then he came across the little handwritten note. Oh. Wow. Aww. It was from that girl, the adorable little Ravenclaw. Marielle. Wow.

Well, this was gonna be awkward, but he couldn't just accept a gift without thanking the person who gave it to him. Breakfast was almost over, and lots of people had finished eating. Casey felt nervous as he approached the Ravenclaw table. He didn't do this: the whole talking-to-people thing. Especially not the whole walking-to-other-house-tables thing.

He tapped Marielle tentatively on the shoulder, then sort of half-smiled as she tilted her head back at a seemingly impossible angle until he could see her upside-down face. "Hey," he said, rubbing anxiously at the back of his neck because this person had been really nice to him. "Can I ... um ... talk to you? For a minute?"

Not in front of your housemates because screw thanking somebody in front of an audience.

--------------------
Casey | Slytherin | Muggle | 6th-year
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Marielle Prince
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 01:38 AM
Marielle Prince
Ravenclaw
Single and too young to mingle
Pureblood Ravenclaw
12 YEARS OLD
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." -Dalai Lama, muggle religious leader
I'm a very happy-go-lucky girl who grew up in a pureblood family. My papa is a distant relative of the late Severus Snape, and my maman is a French Pureblood. I went to a muggle primary school until I got my Hogwarts letter. Check out my application for more info!
Empath
Heather

It was a beautiful Friday morning in late November. Mari was down at the breakfast table, eating a stack of pancakes, sausages, eggs, bacon, ham, biscuits (the American version), and her second glass of orange juice. She'd already finished a cup of tea, a piece of french toast, some fruit, and a glass of orange juice. She continued eating, listening to Sary talk about Potions class and attempting to explain something to Mari. Mari just couldn't wait for fifth year when she can fail her O.W.L. in Potions and not have to take it anymore.

Just as she added a piece of toast to her plate, she felt a tap on her shoulder. Tilting her head back until she could see who it was, leaning back a little on her seat, she saw Casey and immediately smiled. "Hi!" She liked Casey. He was funny. He tried to act all grumpy, but she knew he was just homesick and really sweet. He hadn't been able to hide his fondness the other day from her. But now she was feeling something different, a sort of freeing lifting feeling that relates to happiness. Huh. Interesting.

He asked to talk to her so she quickly turned around on her seat, grabbed her school bag, threw the strap over her shoulder, and stood to follow him, slipping her hand into his and swinging it back and forth. He was like a big brother to her already, so she had decided to act as she would if she thought she had a real big brother. He seemed nervous, something she hadn't really expected, but then again, Casey was kind of always subtly nervous, the emotion almost cloaking him like a second skin as he tried to blindly navigate this new world he'd been thrown into.

They stopped walking near a small alcove, slightly hidden from sight, when she looked up at him. "You're weird today. What is it? Did your parents send you a good letter?"

Marielle Prince

--------------------
user posted image
sig by jett - thanks jett!
PM
^
Casey Mullane
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 07:37 PM
Casey Mullane
Slytherin
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
" ... No. Just no."
Liz

Casey startled a bit when she took his hand. He had not been expecting that! He could feel his face get hot, and he glanced at the older kids at the Ravenclaw table, hoping they hadn't noticed that he was now officially holding hands with a second-year. Ew, what if people started thinking that he was, like, some sort of sicko? You weren't supposed to hold hands with a kid that wasn't your sister!

But at least he didn't have long to worry about it, because Mari was on the move and he could walk as quickly as he wanted in order to flee the awkward situation. She was swinging his hand. Bree liked to do that. When she was littler, she even liked him to grab both of her hands and swing her around in a circle while her feet went flying in the air. Now she was too tall. She grew like a weed, his littlest sister.

Casey shook his head. Stupid homesick feelings. Then they were out in the hallway, and they'd stopped near a little alcove, which was good because privacy for the humiliating thank-you session was a necessity. He let go of Mari's hand and shoved both of his deep into his pockets. His bag felt heavier now that it had so many awesome new comic books in it.

He scoffed, shaking his head. "Please. My parents never send me good letters. They hate me. Anyway ... "

Well, this was awkward. He looked away, over his shoulder, then down at the floor, then scuffed at the tiles with the toe of his shoe. "Nah, I actually got a delivery of a lot of comic books. Any idea who those were from?"

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Marielle Prince
 Posted: Jul 26 2016, 02:07 AM
Marielle Prince
Ravenclaw
Pureblood Ravenclaw
12 YEARS OLD
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." -Dalai Lama, muggle religious leader
I'm a very happy-go-lucky girl who grew up in a pureblood family. My papa is a distant relative of the late Severus Snape, and my maman is a French Pureblood. I went to a muggle primary school until I got my Hogwarts letter. Check out my application for more info!
Empath
Heather

While swinging their arms back and forth and skipping along beside Casey, Mari started humming a little song to herself, tilting her head from side to side in beat to the song she was making up as they walked. She did this often, creating her own little hummed tunes as she skipped along in the halls, and usually people smiled and moved out of the way, but every once in a while, someone would poke fun at her and try to make her feel bad. But Mari's spirit wasn't broken easily, so she would just continue humming and skipping her way through to classes.

He said his parents never sent him good letters and that made her feel bad for him. Because Casey was awesome and definitely deserved happy letters. Which is why she hoped he received her package soon. Casey also felt funny. He felt like conflict, happiness, confusion, sadness, grief. She was curious why he felt so strange. And then it was cleared up a little. At least the happiness and probably the confusion was partially related to the comics she bought for him. Apparently he'd gotten them today.

Blushing slightly, Mari smiled up at him with a wide, bright smile. "So you got them! I'm so glad! I ordered them a while ago so I hoped you didn't miss any of the comics between when I placed the order and it came. Did you get them all? I got them from the one that came out just before we came to Hogwarts for the year. I kinda figured you missed home because of what you said last time and I hope this helps make you feel a little happier at Hogwarts because magic is super cool and awesome and it sucks that you're forced to be here but super cool that you're here because I got to meet you and you're awesome and..." Mari took a deep breath and realized she'd been rambling. She was just nervous that he would think she was creepy and weird and not want to talk to her again. But maybe he thought they were awesome and would talk to her again, because he'd taken the time to get her and bring her out somewhere private? Was he going to thank her or ask her not to talk to him again? She definitely hoped it was the first, because Casey was super cool. And he said he'd go to the space elevator with her.

Marielle Prince

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Casey Mullane
 Posted: Jul 28 2016, 11:58 PM
Casey Mullane
Slytherin
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
" ... No. Just no."
Liz

The humming was cute. Crap, the humming was super cute. Casey was just screwed, wasn't he? Stuck. He had a friend, and his friend was a freaking second-year. And he couldn't just ditch her because she was adorable and reminded him of his little sisters. And he felt less homesick when she was around. And she was thoughtful enough to get him a whole crapload of comics. Yeah, he was stuck. Marielle was his little shadow and his friend.

He let her ramble until she cut herself off, a soft, affectionately amused smile curling his lips. Casey reached into his bag, then, and pulled out the large package full of comics to offer for Marielle's approval. "I dunno if it's all, but it's definitely a lot. I haven't yet gone through them, you know, since I just got them at breakfast. But, yeah. They're awesome. And I wanted to ... you know ... say thanks. 'Cause that was really nice of you. Thoughtful."

That was kind of the best he could manage, really. He didn't want to go into the homesickness. He didn't want to try to articulate how moved he was by the gesture. He didn't want to start talking and then accidentally forget to stop before it got to the really emotional stuff.

"Well, you should read some of 'em, too. The Sandman is awesome."

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Marielle Prince
 Posted: Jul 29 2016, 07:46 PM
Marielle Prince
Ravenclaw
Pureblood Ravenclaw
12 YEARS OLD
Empath
Heather

When he pulled out the comics for her to look at, she realized she had absolutely no idea how to tell if they were all there, because she kind of just said "Every sandman comic since September 1." Hopefully, all of them were there. She pretended to look through them, however, as if she did know how to look for each comic. But she was pretty sure she looked silly, with her face crunched up in concentration and her tongue poking between her lips as she flipped through them. Merlin, there were more than she thought there'd be. She also saw the poster stuck between two of the comics and smiled, glad that it had been included.

Casey said thanks and Mari's head shot up to look at him, a wide, blindingly happy smile on her face. She was glad he felt accepted, like he had someone in his court, because Mari would always be in Casey's court, because he was just so cool and interesting and funny. She handed the comics stack back before throwing her arms around his waist, her face crushing into his stomach as she hugged him tight. "You're welcome."

He offered to let her read them sometime, so she nodded while still hugging him tightly. "I would love to read them, but I would probably have to start at the beginning, or I'll have no idea what's going on, right? Isn't that how you're supposed to start? Or does it not matter in comics? Are there more comics to read?"

Marielle Prince

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Casey Mullane
 Posted: Sep 11 2016, 06:32 PM
Casey Mullane
Slytherin
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
" ... No. Just no."
Liz

Oh ... whoa. Now she was hugging him, like, really tightly and Casey wasn't sure what he was supposed to do with his hands. At first, they just sort of lingered awkwardly in the air, and then he decided he was probably supposed to hug back, so his hands went to the backs of her shoulders. And then patted a few times. He was better at hugging his sisters, because he was used to it. This was an entirely different person. Ah, well. He tried to make it work.

"Yeah," he said awkwardly. "They're really great."

And she kept on hugging him. Casey kind of glanced around, just to make sure there wasn't anyone around to see this. He felt like, if somebody witnessed this super-long hug, he might look like a total creeper. And he definitely didn't want to get magicked out of his random hug because magic was terrifying and that would just be totally unfair.

"Uh, yeah, it does help to start at the beginning. I brought all of my books with me, though. So I can loan 'em to you. You know, as long as you're really careful with 'em." After all, Casey's Sandman TPBs were some of his most prized possessions, and the new issues were even more fragile. "They're, uh ... pretty much my favorite things, I guess."

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Marielle Prince
 Posted: Sep 12 2016, 12:19 AM
Marielle Prince
Ravenclaw
Pureblood Ravenclaw
12 YEARS OLD
Empath
Heather

Mari giggled when she realized he felt awkward and cautious. She pulled out of the hug and smiled again. "I still don't even know what they're about! Who's Sandman? Why are they called Sandman? Is it like the Sandman that makes people sleepy at night?"

Stepping back a bit to lean against the wall, Mari smiled up at Casey. She truly hoped he'd liked the gift. He'd been so down the other day when they'd met and she had really wanted to do something special because no one should feel down or upset. She personally thought magic was awesome and didn't think anyone should hate it. Magic was fun! And it could be super, super convenient for chores and stuff. Because chores sucked and anything to make them easier was great!

And that gave Mari another slew of questions. "Do kids in comics have to do chores? Are there any kid superheros? Are there any magic superheros?! Does magic exist at all?! Are there any girl superheros or are they all boy superheros? Boys are stupid, there has to be at least one girl superhero. They're smarter."

There was a mad rush from the Great Hall, an unofficial signal that classes were going to start soon and so they should probably part ways, which was sad. But she'd see him again. "I wanna read those comics, but it might be best if you are there when I do, just in case. That way, you can hold them and I'll just read! Ok, gotta go to transfiguration! Send me an owl!" Mari shouted as she ran off towards class.

Marielle Prince

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE