TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

Tutoring A Muggle, Teaching A Jerk, Arcturus has to tutor Casey, a Muggle
Arcturus Darkbloom
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 01:14 AM
Arcturus Darkbloom
Ravenclaw
N/A
Half-Blood
17 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Being a Jerk is his special ability
Artie

Tutoring a Muggle, Teaching a Jerk
Arcturus Darkbloom and Casey Mullane
Artie looked over at this Muggle. He had seen him a few times in the corridors, but now he would finally have the pleasure of meeting him, even under these unyielding circumstances. Maybe this was a chance for Artie to make a new friend, he doubted it, but it wouldn't hurt to be civil with this boy.

Potions wasn't Artie's strong point, but apparently, this boy "Casey Mullane" had poor grades in the subject, and the professors hoped Artie would be the one to get him on track. Since potions was a class that required no magic, he was surprised that even a Muggle could do so terribly. He looked down at the instructions he was given. He was to tutor this boy for the remainder of the year, but his first job was to help him collect ingredients for his next potions lesson. That was easier said than done.
PM
^
Casey Mullane
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 01:54 AM
Casey Mullane
Slytherin
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
" ... No. Just no."
My parents made me and then ruined my life. Jerks.
Special Ability: Douchebaggery
Liz

OK ... what? Just what? Casey told Marielle just the other day that he was good at Potions! And he'd thought he was! All you had to do was read the instructions, follow them, and then get a magic person to stir the stuff! He'd thought that he was doing a pretty damn good job! And then he'd been told that, what ... he was gonna have a tutor?

No. Just no. This was stupid and annoying and completely unnecessary.

As he made his way grumpily to where he was supposed to meet Darkbloom, Casey rationalized. He wasn't actually bad at Potions. It was just because he didn't have any friends at Hogwarts. The professor was just making an excuse, just finding a reason to link Casey up with another student. So that he could make a friend. That's what was going on.

It was absolutely not an indictment of his skill. He was definitely not a failure at every single stupid, pointless magical subject!

So now, here he was, standing next to this Ravenclaw prat, and they were just kind of looking at each other. Awkwardly. And it sucked. Casey scowled at the new person he'd been saddled with. "So ... what?" he grumbled. "We just gonna stand here all day or we gonna do some Potions ... stuff?"

--------------------
Casey | Slytherin | Muggle | 6th-year
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Arcturus Darkbloom
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 02:29 AM
Arcturus Darkbloom
Ravenclaw
N/A
Half-Blood
17 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Artie

Judging by the tone, Artie knew that he wasn't going to like this boy.

"You're making Polyjuice Potion, according to your Professor. So we have to look for the ingredients. One of those Ingredients is Boomslang Skin. Boomslang Skin would usually be found in the Potions storeroom, but since it is getting late, the storeroom is obviously closed. Which means we have to venture to the dungeons. There is another entrance to the storeroom. But we have to use the secret entrance. "

Artie began to walk from the Great Hall, where they were standing, without explaining the location of the secret entrance to Casey. Casey either followed or got detention. Artie loved being being on good terms with every professor.
PM
^
Casey Mullane
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 03:41 AM
Casey Mullane
Slytherin
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
" ... No. Just no."
Liz

OK, what? Oh, Casey was super over this already. Why did everything have to be this way? Secret passages and hidden entrances and freaking ... suits of armor that moved and slept and did weird stuff like that? This was so dumb. Why couldn't anything just be normal and straightforward?

He opened his mouth to speak, but then Darkbloom started walking away, and Casey had no option but to follow him. "The secret entrance?" he repeated, sounding completely unamused. "Are you kidding me? You trying to get me in trouble so I get expelled or something?" Wouldn't be a big shocker. Casey felt certain that he was entirely unwanted here in this stupid drafty castle.

Man, what he would do if he had magic. For one thing, he'd probably turn the floor to ice under this smarmy jerk, right as he was walking, so that he'd fall on his ass and go sliding away against a wall. That would be hilarious. And then he'd add some extra ice. It would be all wrapped around the kid's body like a suit of ice-armor, and it would keep him pinned to the floor. And then Casey would just sort of shrug and walk away, laughing. That would be classic.

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Arcturus Darkbloom
 Posted: Jul 3 2016, 09:03 PM
Arcturus Darkbloom
Ravenclaw
N/A
Half-Blood
17 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Artie

He could tell that Casey was walking at a slow pace. Wouldn't blame him, Artie knew there was something about him others didn't like, but Casey seemed a little jealous. He was a muggle after all, maybe he wanted some of Artie's magic. He could never do that. It is in section 4 of the Statute of Transparency that no Muggle shall attempt to take a wizards power. Regardless on that, he still had to get the Boomslang Skin from the the old storeroom.

"We are almost here." Artie explained. They were at the back of the Quidditch Pitch, just outside the locker-room. "It needs a password" Suddenly the wall spoke. "Who was the Potions professor in 1999?" it asked. Artie smiled, knowing the answer "Horace Slughorn" with that, the wall vanished to reveal a dimly lit passage way. "This way" Artie grinned, before proceeding down the corridor.
PM
^
Casey Mullane
 Posted: Jul 4 2016, 04:22 AM
Casey Mullane
Slytherin
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
" ... No. Just no."
Liz

Casey shoved his hands deep into his pockets and scowled as they continued along. He was growing more and more suspicious by the moment. This guy was just going to try to murder him, wasn't he? That's what this was. Darkbloom was taking him to a nice secluded place so he could whip out his wand and screech DEATHUS MAXIMUS or whatever the words were and then leave Casey to rot. To rot!

Artie answered the password question, and Casey laughed at the smile on his face. "Man, you're really effing pleased with yourself right now, aren't you? Like remembering one dude's name is really all that impressive." Of course, it became a little more difficult to maintain his bluster when the wall vanished and left Casey staring into darkness and mystery. Yeah ... he wasn't such a fan of Hogwarts' particular brand of darkness and mystery.

"Uhhh," he muttered as he took his first timid step into the creepy passageway of doom. "This is like Indiana Jones, except not at all awesome. Are you sure we're supposed to be here? I mean, honestly, it seems kinda ... forbidden. Or something." Not that it would necessarily be all that bad to get expelled and have somebody else to blame it on. Then his parents couldn't be too upset with him, right? If his tutor took him someplace forbidden? He was supposed to be able to trust his tutor!

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Arcturus Darkbloom
 Posted: Jul 4 2016, 07:40 AM
Arcturus Darkbloom
Ravenclaw
N/A
Half-Blood
17 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Artie

"Relax," Artie sighed, this boy was starting to get on his nerves. "The corridor is open for 7th year Potion students" Artie explained, referring to himself. "If we are caught, only you will get expelled." Artie grinned as the wall closed behind them. The room suddenly went dark. Artie waited a few moments to see how the boy would react to this sudden darkness, before casting Lumos. "Stick close or a Salamander might bite off your legs" Artie laughed, amused at himself. "You're lucky, the exit is right by your common room. I have to scale the entire castle before I arrive at the Ravenclaw common room" Artie joked, trying to converse with this boy. "Once we get the Boomslang Skin, we'll call it a night" Artie explained. Already exhausted from being in this boys presence. He walked further down the corridor. He hadn't actually had to use this store room, seeming as he was only doing potions due to actually doing EVERY possible class this year. "I really hope you get a good grade n Potions, and every subject for that matter. If you ever need any tutoring in any other class, let me know, I'd gladly help" He says, putting on a fake sorta smile
PM
^
Casey Mullane
 Posted: Jul 9 2016, 06:56 PM
Casey Mullane
Slytherin
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
" ... No. Just no."
Liz

Huh. OK. Well, that was actually vaguely comforting. Casey shrugged. "Can't say I'd mind too terribly. Getting expelled and having someone else to blame it on." Really, all Casey wanted was to go home. This stupid place was just stressful and he didn't belong and none of it made any sense.

The salamander threat was quite a bit less comforting than the expulsion one. Casey was embarrassed about it, but he stepped a bit closer to his annoying guide and the light that emanated from his wand. Geez, this kid could really just ditch him here in the pitch darkness. "I'mma guess that you're just being a dick, but I wouldn't put it beyond you people to have carnivorous salamanders running around. Because, hey, there's a giant squid in the lake. So why not?" Yeah, he was still kinda stuck on that whole unpleasant discovery.

They kept walking, and then the whole encounter got even more confusing when Darkbloom said that he hoped Casey could do well in his magical subjects. And offered more tutoring? Which, well, obviously Casey wasn't gonna take him up on it, but for a weird, brief moment, he thought the guy was just being nice? Just because? He tossed a highly skeptical gaze at Darkbloom.

"Riiiight," Casey murmured, his voice thick with uncertainty. This was a trick of some kind, clearly. "Well, I think I'll probably avoid any tutoring that isn't professor-mandated. Because it sucks. But thanks, I guess.

"You do this a lot, or something?"

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Arcturus Darkbloom
 Posted: Jul 14 2016, 05:25 AM
Arcturus Darkbloom
Ravenclaw
N/A
Half-Blood
17 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Artie

"Actually, yeah, now I think about it, I kinda do" Artie laughed. The boys arrived at the storeroom. "LUMOS MAXIMA" Artie casts, lighting up the entire room. "Accio Boomslang Skin!" Artie yelled, the ingredient flying into his open palm. "Here" he says, handing Casey the ingredient. Artie walked out, following Casey. He then closed the storerooms door. Artie walked towards the exit, without saying a word. He wanted so much to be friends with this boy, but he doubted Casey wanted anything to do with him. In fact he thought Casey resented him, most people did. He was either the "Ravenclaw Nerd" the "Teachers pet" the "The Arrogant Quidditch Jock" or the "Asshole". At the exit, Artie turned to Casey, "Thanks, I enjoyed this" he didn't know tutoring people was enjoyable. "I'll meet you in the great hall at 9:00am tomorrow, get some rest, cause we are going into the Forbidden Forest to get your next two ingredients." Artie smiled, he also would need to get some sleep, but he had to walk to the ravenclaw common room which would take about 25 minutes, if he didn't see Peeves. And then he wanted to have a shower, he smelt like a house elf's bed.
PM
^
Casey Mullane
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 09:09 PM
Casey Mullane
Slytherin
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
" ... No. Just no."
Liz

Wow. Lame life, spending it tutoring people. Casey shuddered. Man, this kid was so weird, Casey just didn't even know what to do with himself. He was supremely creeped out by the whole experience. The dark corridor, and the creepy storeroom, and the dude who went back and forth between super bizarre and, like, kinda nice? -Ish?

He looked down at the boomslang skin in his hand. It was ... gross. Like, really gross. All scaly and it smelled kinda musty, but that might just have been the general storeroom atmosphere ... regardless, Casey wanted out in a serious way.

When Artie expressed that he'd enjoyed the adventure, Casey cocked an eyebrow and looked at him skeptically. Well, wasn't that just the icing on top of the creepy cake? "Uhhh ... right," he replied, glancing down again at the weird stuff in his hand. "It's super fun to go into a weird cave with a random stranger at risk of salamander ... slaying. ... Later."

He shook his head as he walked back toward his common room. He hadn't known anything about Artie before this night, and now the only thing he was sure of was that the kid was confusing and he was not looking forward to seeing him again. Especially not at nine o'clock in the fucking morning.

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Arcturus Darkbloom
 Posted: Jul 23 2016, 03:54 AM
Arcturus Darkbloom
Ravenclaw
N/A
Half-Blood
17 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Artie

Artie felt strange after that encounter, he felt like a Doxy hat shat on him, but the shat was sprinkles that smelt like mud. 'Okay that's a weird comparison' Artie thought, and then concluded he needed some sleep. He lay in his bed staring at the ceiling. Could this boy actually be his new friend? He didn't want to do anything to jeopardize their possible friendship, but he had to continue tutoring him, whether either of them liked it or not. He managed to fall asleep, but not after thinking of Emma and crying again. He woke up in a reasonably good mood, and headed down for some breakfast. By the time he got to the Great Hall, it was 8:45 and Casey wasn't in sight. Artie didn't expect him to be in any rush for another tutoring session. He grabbed himself some bacon, and a few eggs. He needed to eat, today was going to be a long day. He figured he might go to the boathouse later and catch some dragonflies, IF he was lucky and this tutoring expedition didn't take longer than it needed too. He looked around the Great Hall. It was 9:00 and Casey still wasn't there. 'Fashionably Late?' Artie thought, finishing up is bacon, and pouring himself a goblet of juice.
PM
^
Casey Mullane
 Posted: Jul 25 2016, 08:37 PM
Casey Mullane
Slytherin
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
" ... No. Just no."
Liz

Casey moved at pretty much a glacial pace as he tugged on his clothes, brushed his teeth, and got ready for the day. It was stupid. He didn't want to do any more of this tutoring crap, and if he had to do it, he at least wished he could have been paired up with someone who didn't flip-flop back and forth between nice and not-nice.

He'd had pretty weird dreams about that creepy storeroom they'd visited, and huge fire-breathing magical monsters, and getting his legs bitten off and having to crawl through quicksand while people were shooting down planes overhead (somehow the dream also involved old WWII movies?). Ugh. This wasn't a great way to start a day.

All right. He finished with his tie and set out toward the Great Hall, glancing at his watch. He'd have to scarf down his breakfast really quickly. It was 8:50 when Casey entered the Great Hall and made his way toward the Slytherin table. As he pulled his food together, he looked over at the Ravenclaw table and made a sort of vaguely friendly-esque acknowledgement of his tutor guy.

Man, he didn't want to do any of this. He just wanted to fail out and go home.

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Arcturus Darkbloom
 Posted: Jul 26 2016, 05:43 AM
Arcturus Darkbloom
Ravenclaw
N/A
Half-Blood
17 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Artie

Artie made his way over to Casey, he was about to yell at Casey for being late, and he caught a glimpse of his watch and it said 8:53. That's when he remembered that he set his watch 10 minutes ahead. He sighed. "You ready?" He asked, in a sort of happy sort of expression. He always enjoyed going into the forbidden forest, where there where class XXXXX beasts that could kill him, vampires that could suck his blood, and unicorns and he had a fear of. A don't get him started on the fog. He hated being surrounded by fog. Fog and Unicorns were his biggest fears. Not that he'd ever reveal that to anyone, he'd take that secret to his grave. "Before we go, I have to test your knowledge. Don't worry it's not a test, I just want to know, if you know what ingredient will be found in the Forbidden Forest" He explained. He hadn't doubted that he knew, but he had to teach him something in these lessons rather than just making him follow him everywhere. Although Artie kind of liked that, it was someone to keep him company, which he so desperately wanted. He'd expected the boy to run way from him or something.
PM
^
Casey Mullane
 Posted: Jul 29 2016, 12:18 AM
Casey Mullane
Slytherin
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
" ... No. Just no."
Liz

Casey ground his teeth as his tutor guy came over to the table. He didn't want to give up his final seven minutes of freedom, but he figured it wouldn't hurt to be finished with the ordeal seven minutes earlier. "Sure," he replied with a surly sort of shrug.

No. Not ready. But whatever.

He scarfed down one last piece of bacon, chugged the rest of his pumpkin juice, and stood up. Then Artie asked him an incredibly weird question. Casey cocked an eyebrow. "Uh ... no. Obviously I don't know. And ... dude, it's got the word 'forbidden' in the name of it. You don't expect me to just go in there without a professor, do you? Like ... where's our chaperone, or whatever?"

Yeah, Casey wasn't stupid. He just didn't know all this magic shit. But he knew that the Forbidden Forest was probably forbidden for a reason, and he remembered Matthew mentioning it in the context of 'well, if the squid is scary, don't go in the forest!' Yeah. If there wasn't gonna be a grown-up in attendance, Casey wasn't going into the forest. In order to make his resolve obvious, he folded his arms across his chest and made sure his feet were in a sturdy, shoulder-width-apart position.

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE