TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

Why Are You Talking To Me?, Tag: Andrea Taylor | Library
Duncan Connery
 Posted: Jun 12 2016, 10:51 PM
Duncan Connery
Slytherin
Single
Slytherin
16 YEARS OLD
"Stop calling me broody. I'm just quiet."
I'm a halfblood wizard and I'm 15. Hogwarts is my home. It's where I met Astrid, Matthew, and Ariadne, my best friends. Anything else you want to know, you can read my application.
Animagus in Training
Heather

24 September, 2035

he was intensity

Astrid was off with her partners for Defense again, studying for the exam tomorrow, so Duncan had taken the time to head to the library to study for Arithmancy, but Merlin's beard, was it boring as hell. He sighed and tried to focus on his books again, evaluating the properties of the numbers 13 and 7, which was a bullshit assignment, because 13 was an unlucky, unhelpful number and someone would only use 13 of something during a magical ritual if they wanted to harm someone, and 7 was a magical, beneficial number, that brought balance to rituals and provided a good core to the ritual magic. This assignment was stupid and he pushed his book away, letting his head rest against the table. He began banging his head lightly against the table in frustration.

Duncan sat back up and pulled his homework back towards him, picking up his quill again and preparing to continue his essay. Arithmancy was one of his most hated classes, but he had to get through it if he wanted to become a healer. Which was stupid. Because healers don't even use arithmancy in their practices, since it's only a dull, boring subjects for students who like diviniation and numbers.

After setting his mind to the task, he completed the essay in record time, sighing hugely in relief when he was finished. Be rolled the parchment up, packed both the parchment and his textbook into his school bag, and took out his Defense Against the Dark Arts book to review the required spells for the exam the following day. They needed to know the disarming charm (expelliamus), the patronus charm (expecto patronum), the shield charm (protego), and the termination counter-spell (finite incantatem). Of these, he had yet to produce a full corporeal patronus, but he could produce the wispy white shine and knew vaguely what his animal was. He knew it had four legs. But he could do the shield charm and could terminate all spells in the vicinity using finite incantatem, something only three other students in the class could accomplish, a fact he was quite proud of as he'd never done spectacular in Defense Against the Dark Arts. Maybe his exam wouldn't be so bad after all.
he was driving will and stubborn determination

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Andrea Taylor
 Posted: Jun 12 2016, 11:30 PM
Andrea Taylor
Gryffindor
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
"What doesn't kill you makes you stronger, stand a little taller."
N/A
No Special Ability
Laser

Andi Taylor
Andi was done. Completely, one hundred percent, finished! She missed her friends, her family, she missed not having to share a room. Not to mention the last letter she got from her 'best friend' included a very lengthy description about how she got with Andi's ex boyfriend. What kind of person would do that? Especially after Andi confided in this best friend everything about her relationship with said ex.

Hyperventilating, Andi made her way into the library to try and cool off. She clutched the letter in her hand, her knuckles white from how tightly she was holding it. The parchment was wrinkled from the amount of time Andi spent squishing it into a ball and unfolding it to make sure she didn't miss anything. Stupid, stupid, Andi was so stupid. She knew she couldn't trust any of her girl friends around Michael while she was gone, but of course she had to smile through everything and suck it up while she got on the train to go to Hogwarts.

Without even thinking Andi sat down across from a boy in the Library, still hyperventilating. She didn't even look at him, she just closed her eyes and let the words flow out of her mouth. Her body trembling as she tried to remain quiet. She didn't even care who this person was, she just needed to rant.

"So, get this, my so called best friend just wrote me to tell me how excited she is that she started dating a boy, who just so happens to be the guy I gave my all to. She acts like it's no big deal that she's fucking the guy who yanked my heart out and stepped on it. I can't believe her. This guy was my everything for like, two whole years, and he just ended it when he found out I'm attending Hogwarts this year. Then, he gets with my best friend! It hurts a lot to know that I meant that little to the both of them!" Although her words were full of meaning and hurt, she kept them hushed in a sorta whisper.

Finally, when she was finished speaking, she opened her eyes to see who was sitting across from her. She... didn't even know him. Andi's cheeks turned pink and her mouth hung open slightly as she stared at him, some guy who she had never spoken with now knows more about her than any other person in Hogwarts. What was she thinking?

Open/320 words / <3
PM
^
Duncan Connery
 Posted: Jun 13 2016, 11:52 PM
Duncan Connery
Slytherin
Single
Slytherin
16 YEARS OLD
I'm a halfblood wizard and I'm 15. Hogwarts is my home. It's where I met Astrid, Matthew, and Ariadne, my best friends. Anything else you want to know, you can read my application.
Animagus in Training
Heather

he was intensity

Duncan was finally figuring out the perfect wand movement for down for both the disarming spell and the patronus charm. Hopefully when he practiced later, he would be able to properly cast the spells. While he was figuring out when he would be able to practice, someone sat down across from him. It was someone he'd never seen before, meaning she must have been a new muggle student from the year above him. He'd already met Gwen (what an experience), so this girl was definitely not a fifth year.

Before he could so much as open his mouth, he was hearing all about her life story. About this guy who had dated her before (why did he care?) and about how he was now dating who she thought was her best friend (again, why did he care? and if she's dating someone this girl cared about, then what kind of best friend was she?). Shocked beyond belief, Duncan merely sat there, eyes wide and confused as he looked over at her. He definitely didn't know her and even if he did, he probably wouldn't speak to her because she wasn't a part of his group of friends. She continued ranting until she was nearly out of breath and he raised an eyebrow at her, arms crossed over his chest.

Duncan saw the moment she realized she didn't know who she was actually talking to, when she turned to look at him and promptly wigged out again, blushing all sorts of colors of red and mouth hanging open. His judgmental eyebrow raised even higher as he stared at her in confusion. "I don't know you." He stated bluntly, not one for subtlety when he didn't know, nor care, about another individual. "Why are you talking to me?" He probably should have been a little bit more sensitive to her predicament, but as he's been told before, he's emotionally constipated. If he didn't scare her off, he'd probably let her know how much of a douche her ex-boyfriend was and how much her "best friend" probably wasn't her real best friend. But, that was if he could even figure out how to communicate with someone he didn't know. Yeah, he's not very good at that.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Andrea Taylor
 Posted: Jun 14 2016, 03:33 PM
Andrea Taylor
Gryffindor
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
No Special Ability
Laser

Andi Taylor
Andi's mouth snapped shut, and she fought off the embarrassed flush in her cheeks. She didn't have to answer to this guy. Just because she slipped up and randomly told him something personal didn't mean that he could judge her. Her eyes narrowed and her arms moved to mimic his, crossing over her chest as her head tilted upwards slightly. She looked at him, more like glared, daring him to say anything about what she had just told him to anyone.

"Here's the deal, you keep your trap shut about what I've just told you, and I won't bother you with my presence again. Comprehend?" She told him, leaning forward in her seat slightly to add depth to her soul searching stare. She didn't want to seem mean, but she hadn't learned to deal with problems any other way. She would just have to stick it out, no matter what the wizard in front of her did.

"If you must know, sometimes I get worked up and have to vent. I had no intention whatsoever of venting to you, however, so I'd appreciate it if you didn't look at me like that," these words were a bit sweeter, though not incredibly so. She was still iffy about this guy. He didn't deserve to know about Andi's problems, nobody did except for her, but she couldn't blame him for her impulsive need to rant about things when she got angry.

She sat in silence for a moment, still glaring daggers at him. Who did he think he was? HA! Like he could possibly even judge her when he was the one sitting there with zero expression on his face at all. Andrea abruptly stood up, her hand coming down hard on the table. "How about you say something, huh? I don't have to sit here under your ever watching eyebrow stare, you know. You don't get to judge me, okay?" Her voice slowly got louder, until she could hear the librarian coming toward them. A sharp 'sh!' came from the librarian before they stomped away angrily. Andi didn't take her eyes off the boy, though. Her arms crossed tightly over her chest and she tapped her toe impatiently.

"Come on, say something." She demanded, her eyebrows furrowing. "It's called grammar, learn it."

@Duncan Connery / 342 words/
PM
^
Duncan Connery
 Posted: Jun 15 2016, 12:57 AM
Duncan Connery
Slytherin
Single
Slytherin
16 YEARS OLD
Animagus in Training
Heather

he was intensity

Whoa. What? First, this girl he doesn't know sits down while he's studying and just starts basically shouting abuse at him about her ex-boyfriend, initially shocking and confusing him. Then, when he'd actually opened his mouth, a courtesy he didn't normally afford to people he'd never met before, she'd begun shouting abuse at him because of him. He listened, arms crossed, but eyes slowly widening, before nodding when she asked if he understood. Merlin's beard, what? Dumbly, he nodded as she continued talking. Merlin, this girl was strange.

And she was still talking! She was now telling him that he had no right to judge her. Now, he knew his eyebrow looked judgmental when he raised his eyebrow, but he wasn't actually judging her. Obviously she didn't know that, since he didn't know her but he supposes he can't hold that against her. She doesn't really know that he isn't actually as rude as he seems; he just doesn't know how to talk to people.

He jerked back when her hand slapped the table, looking up at her and raising an eyebrow. When the librarian told her to 'sh,' he smirked when she looked at the librarian but quickly went back to no expression when she turned back around. He sighed and looked at her when she seemed like she'd exhausted herself, "Are you done? I was merely stating a fact. I don't know you and I didn't know why you were talking to me." He didn't like people making snap decisions about him, simply because he was emotionally constipated and quiet.

"Now, I wasn't really judging you, I was thinking about how this so called, 'friend' of yours, can't possibly be a friend if the minute you leave, she dumps you for a boy. And he obviously didn't care about you if he forgot you so quickly. Merlin's sake, they can only make you feel bad about yourself if you let them, so stand up for yourself like you did here. Buck up and don't be such a wimp." He leaned back in his chair and smirked, crossing his arms, before he said, "Now, you've officially made me talk more than I've even said to my friends since first and second year, so feel proud."

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Andrea Taylor
 Posted: Jun 15 2016, 04:02 PM
Andrea Taylor
Gryffindor
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
No Special Ability
Laser

Andi Taylor
Andi's amber eyes slowly met the table when he started talking. Usually she didn't feel bad about things, but she had jumped to conclusions about this guy, and she was obviously only taking her frustration out on him. She took a deep breath, but her arms stayed crossed over her chest as she gently took her seat again. Andi stared at the table, thinking over what she would say next. It was never easy for her to admit she had done something wrong, but she figured she should say something to him in order to make him not hate her.

"I'm not really angry at you. Like you said, we don't know each other, at all. I'm just angry at them," she said, her eyes moving back to him. There was less fierceness in them now, but anger still shined inside of her pupils. She surveyed his face for a moment, unsatisfied with how calm he looked. If some crazy girl had shown up in front of Andi and started yelling at her, well, it just wouldn't have turned out very well at all. Andi leaned back against the wooded chair, her eyebrows furrowed and lips pressed into a firm line as he said his next words.

"A wimp?" She asked, cocking her head to one side. Did he want her to get pissed off again? Was he enjoying watching some muggle he'd never met before make a fool of herself? "You don't understand, a letter never gets your point through to someone. I could sit and fill two rolls of parchment with curse words and they still wouldn't feel bad about it. No, I have make them feel how upset I am, I have to do something unexpected," she was talking mostly to herself, her brain racking ideas of what she could do to show them how pissed they'd made her. She could probably tell her parents, but that would make her seem even more weak.

When he spoke next, Andi let a short laugh escape her. She couldn't imagine not talking to her friends, as this boy had seen, Andi had a lot to say. Looking at him now, Andi realized why she had felt comfortable enough to talk to him about her problems, he reminded her of her aunt. Not that he was girlish or anything, but her aunt was mostly quiet, someone who listened and responded with her body language. Only Aunt Martha wasn't smug.

@Duncan Connery / 412 words/

PM
^
Duncan Connery
 Posted: Jun 18 2016, 02:31 AM
Duncan Connery
Slytherin
Single
Slytherin
16 YEARS OLD
Animagus in Training
Heather

he was intensity

While the other student was apologizing profusely about jumping to conclusions, Duncan has already begun plotting. See, he wasn't very good at carrying out schemes and shenanigans like his friends, but he could plot a perfect revenge. All it took was some cunning. Which, as a Slytherin, he should have plenty of. Sitting there, he was already forming a plan in his head.

When she finished speaking, he responded, "Would screaming at them be appropriate? I mean, if you could. Scream at them in front of everyone they know. While in the school's dining hall, perhaps?" His plan was sure to be successful, if she agreed. He kind of hoped he did. He wanted to hear about the reactions of the other muggles in the room. Plus, it would give him a chance to teach this new muggle student about a piece of wizarding magic. His grin was a little more of an evil sneer.

Now, Duncan wasn't usually evil or conniving or plotting against others, but when the opportunity arose where he would deal with no fall-out, wouldn't even have to interact with the recipient of the revenge, it was an ideal situation. Why not have a little fun? Certainly some of his dorm mates would find it hilarious. Once the other student had given her affirmative, or at least, what he hoped would become an affirmative answer, rather than just a curiously intrigued questioning, he began to explain.

"See, in wizarding society, we have what's called a Howler. It's a red envelope that you can write an angrily worded letter and when it arrives, the recipient has a certain amount of time in which they have to open the envelope or the envelope opens itself and begins screaming the letter at the other person, loud enough for an entire Quidditch stadium to hear. Once the letter is finished, it bursts into flames and quickly becomes a pile of ashes. You get to scream and tell them exactly how you feel, but at the same time, if you send it at the correct moment, it will find your so-called friend and your exboyfriend at the exact moment they are surrounded by the most people." Number one, he didn't think he'd ever spoken that much to anyone that wasn't his friend before. This was the second time in twenty minutes this girl had gotten him to speak a lot. Number two, he kind of hoped she agreed, simply because it would be entertaining. Plus, scumbags like her friend and ex deserve to be embarrassed like this. (He may not know her very well, but he wouldn't have to for him to know that was a low low move on the ex and the friend's parts). Number three, classes were boring and he wanted some excitement. He and his friends hadn't been able to do much together this year, as Astrid and he had O.W.L. homework from their crazy professors and Matthew and Ari were hanging out together. This was just what he needed.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Andrea Taylor
 Posted: Jun 19 2016, 03:38 PM
Andrea Taylor
Gryffindor
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
No Special Ability
Laser

Andi Taylor
As the boy talked, Andi chewed her lip in concentration. A magical letter that screams at people? Andi couldn't help but wonder how someone came up with that, perhaps some witch's best friend started dating her ex back in the 1700s. Andi's finger came up to tap at her chin, thinking of how to go about this screaming -well, howling- letter.

"That's a good idea, actually. How does one send a howler?" She asked, now sitting forward in her seat. Did you have to actually scream into the envelope, or did you write it down and the letter scream it for you? Hopefully it was the latter, if Andi had to scream she was sure to gain attention, and the last thing she wanted was for all of Hogwarts to hear about how emotional she was. She was only now warming up to the boy in front of her knowing how emotional she was.

"So, I could probably send it during lunch, my school isn't overly large but there is a good amount of people with ever-watching eyes. If I'm lucky they'll get their own article in the school's drama paper." Andrea scratched the back of her neck, imagining her Glasgow accent echoing throughout the dining hall. It would positively ruin them, for at least a week or so. If she knew either of them as well as she thought she did, they would probably be so embarrassed that they'd lay low for a while.

"Well, this turned out a bit better than I thought it would. I'm sure you still think I'm insane though, eh?" She laughed to herself, her hands resting on the wooden surface of the table in front of her. She leaned back again, mind racing over what she would say int he letter.

@Duncan Connery / words/
PM
^
Duncan Connery
 Posted: Jun 25 2016, 07:25 PM
Duncan Connery
Slytherin
Single
Slytherin
16 YEARS OLD
Animagus in Training
Heather

he was intensity

Smirking, Duncan was quite excited that Andrea was on board with the Howler. He couldn't wait, honestly. No one would even know he had anything to do with it besides Andrea and himself. It was exactly what he needed right now. Their friend group hadn't gotten into many shenanigans this year, at least not yet, so he'd had a lot of time recently to sit in his room and stare at the ceiling. It had been a little over a week since he and Astrid had started dating and they hadn't had much time together, since the professors were pushing studying for O.W.L.s. Thankfully, the professors were going to significantly lessen the load they'd started the year with, just to show the fifth years what the end of their year would be like.

Looking over to Andrea, he answered her, "No. You write it down and underline where you want it to emphasize and shout louder, but other than that, it just shouts the whole thing with the supposed inflection. I might have to spell the envelope so it actually works for you, but then we can bring it to the Owlrey. Here's the paper." He had leaned over and reached into one of his school bag's pockets, one of the many, where he kept his writing and letter supplies. He pulled out the paper and red envelope and handed them to her, along with a self-filling quill.

Duncan listened to her self-depreciating laugh and his eyebrows drew together. He didn't like when others were harder on themselves than necessary. "A little insane, yes. But insane can be good." His friends were insane but it was comfortable. Safe. Enjoyable. He loved hanging out with his friends because he knew nothing would ever be the same as the day before. Maybe Andrea would eventually be a part of his friend group, which, in his opinion, is the greatest friend group at Hogwarts and the best one to be a part of. It seemed like she might just fit in perfectly.

--------------------
user posted image
PM
^
Andrea Taylor
 Posted: Jul 7 2016, 04:38 PM
Andrea Taylor
Gryffindor
Single
Muggle
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
No Special Ability
Laser

Andi Taylor
Andrea took the parchment and quill when they were offered, repeating Duncan's instructions over in her head. Just write the words you want them to hear, and underline to emphasize. That seemed simple enough, Andi thought, so she pressed the quill to the parchment, leaving a dot on the paper. As she started to write, she bit down gently on her tongue as she tried to concentrate. It didn't need to be too long, she didn't want to cause too much of a scene and get herself into trouble. It just needed to get her point across.

Got your letter in the mail today! I couldn't believe what I was reading, Gail. You and Michael? I would have thought you of all people would know how much of an ass he is! I'm telling you now, you backstabbing, heartbreaking, bitch, that if you ever try to reach me again you will regret it. And you, Michael You really think you can get to me by getting with my best friend? How pigheaded are you? My. best. friend! As soon as I get home this Christmas, everything either of you have ever given me will be waiting on your doorsteps. Consider this fair warning, that you are both out of my life for good.

P.S: Michael will never actually love you! He is incapable of the emotion, and as soon as something worth while happens to you he will leave you! By the way, he's slept with over half the school, so I hope you enjoy being with everyone's sloppy seconds!

It wasn't her best work, but it was the most she could choke out under such circumstances. Andi had to push back her tears of anger as she wrote, and she'd pressed so hard on the paper her wrist hurt. For a minute she stared at the paper, the betrayal sinking in and her body slowly beginning to go cold. She couldn't believe she'd trusted Gail, it was as if everything in her life was wrong. She wasn't home with her family, she was in this castle! She couldn't keep an eye on her friends, who were probably already moving on to someone new. And now? Now she'd lost the girl who'd stayed by her side through everything to a boy who didn't know anything about the real world. All Michael thought about was his next score, he was such a pig! And Gail, the betrayal from her was like being stabbed in the eyes with a million, tiny needles.

She took a shaky breath, pushing her hair back from her face. Andi felt like she was about to burst into tears, but she fought it. She didn't know Duncan, she just knew that he was willing to help her humiliate the people who hurt her. She looked up at Duncan, before pushing the paper to him so he could read it.

"It's not really the best, but I tried," she said, chuckling a bit at her writing. It was pretty messy, a little hard to read, but hopefully he could see through it. Even if he couldn't bewitch the parchment to yell at her ex-best friend and ex-boyfriend, she felt like the letter would come across to at least one of them. It was mostly pointed toward Gail, because Andi could expect it from Michael, but from her best friend? It was like a giant kick straight to the gut, and she didn't like it one bit.

@Duncan Connery / 590 words/

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE