TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

Breakfast Buddies (marcus Barrow)
Fiona Cavanagh
 Posted: Jul 10 2016, 04:22 AM
Fiona Cavanagh
Hufflepuff
Single and closeted
Halfblood
15 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Metamorphmagus
Ty

i can't dream alone

@Liz

Early November 2035

As she entered the common room, Fiona noted that there was no-one other than her and Marc there. As suspected given it was a day off and by this point most everyone would be up. She still did not quite know why Marc wanted to bring the food from the kitchen back to the common room though. Tasted the same wherever it was eaten, right? She rolled with it though. She was sure there would be a reason fro them coming back to the Hufflepuff Common Room.

For now, she let herself fall onto the black couch as she rubbed her stomach. She had eaten several small items on the way up, but the girl was still very hungry. Her hunger was greatly downsized by the feeling of being back in the common room. IT was good to be home. It wasn’t until she got onto the couch that she realized how tired her body was from their earlier run. The whole room was cool from being located in a dungeon, however, despite it’s location it never felt dank or dim or cold. It was welcoming with its black and bright yellow colors, it’s warm fireplace and the familiar sight of the Hufflepuff Badger sigil above the mantle place. The whole place was relaxing and now it was much quieter than usual.

She pulled out a small lemon cake she had taken from the kitchen. There was plenty of other food they’d taken. The House Elves were always pleased to make it after all. She had always loved lemon cakes though. She took a small bite, savoring it. It felt like it had been forever since she tasted something so fantastic. Even though she probably had a lemon cake a week ago. Once she finished the bite of food, Fi turned her sights to her fellow Hufflepuff. “Soooooooo. Why’d you want to come back here anyway?” Fiona inquired as she pushed herself up, sitting more straight on the couch. Fi wasn't complaining. She enjoyed the common room, even if she didn't like being cooped up in it too often or for too long usually. She found it a bit strange that he had wanted them to come back here of all places to eat. Sure, nobody was coming in any time soon, but still. She took another bite of her lemon cake while looking at her friend expectantly. It was the first time she had eaten all day. All that Charms work and running and mischief had made her very hungry indeed.

PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 11 2016, 11:08 PM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Slutty and Highly Distractible
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
"Hey, hey, hey, hey! Wanna hang out?"
I discovered the outdoors and never went back in.
Special Ability: Sheer Adorableness
Liz

"Aaaah-hah, yes! Common room feast!" Marc dumped his armful of food onto a coffee table and then legitimately rubbed his hands together, like a hungry cartoon character with eyes the size of dinner plates. Then he wandered over to the fireplace, grabbed the poker, and started poking randomly at the wood and embers, trying to encourage the fire to grow without actually having any understanding of how to do that.

OK, so. He just needed to gather his words together. This was the actual one. Like, with Honora, it had just slipped out accidentally. And with Braden, he'd been drunk. With Fiona, he was sober and intending to say this thing. And then, once he'd said this thing soberly and on purpose, he could presumably say it in the same way to his mum. And then hooray! There would be no worries about anything beyond just the basic awkwardness of trying to get used to scoping out boys.

He finished poking ineffectively at the fire, then turned to join Fiona on the couch. The lemon cake looked awesome, so Marc grabbed one, too, taking a bite and chewing thoughtfully as he tried to decide exactly how to start. "OK, so ... I guess ... I wanted to talk to you about something. Or, um. Tell you something. That might be kinda big. Or is kinda big, I guess. I think. Or maybe not. But maybe. I dunno."

--------------------
Marc | Hufflepuff | 5th-year
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Fiona Cavanagh
 Posted: Jul 12 2016, 01:41 AM
Fiona Cavanagh
Hufflepuff
Single and closeted
Halfblood
15 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Metamorphmagus
Ty

i can't dream alone

@Liz

Fiona could not help but stare hungrily and longingly at the pile of food on the coffee table. However, her attention was soon taken away from their common room feast as Marc came back from fiddling with the fire place. She looked at her friend a bit perplexed, raising an eyebrow. It was not very often that Marc got serious - which he definitely currently was. She finished chewing a bite of her lemon cake, kicked off her running shoes and pulled her legs up onto the couch so she could sit criss-cross applesauce style.

She sat there for a moment awkwardly, not knowing exactly what the say as she waited for Marc to speak his mind. “Whatever it is, you’re still my friend.” Fiona assured him. “And if you’re not ready to tell me whatever it is, that’s fine too.” God knew she sure as heck was keeping something from him. From everyone really. She cared for Marc. He was a good teammate, a great beater and an even better friend, but she didn’t think she was anywhere near ready to tell him about how she felt. It wasn't just him either. She wasn't quite ready to really share that part of herself with anyone. That part of her which was why she would wake up early in the morning - often even earlier than they were going running or practicing Quidditch - just to avoid her roommate Gwen. Who was way too cute.

Fiona couldn’t help but wonder what her friend was trying to tell her. What could get Marc so worked up? Talking about how it’s big? She had never had anyone tell her anything ‘big’ before. “You can tell me anything, Marc.” she said looking her friend in the eyes before taking the last bite of her lemon cake. She did not reach for another yet, however, even if the lemon cake her friend was eating was making her even hungrier. She could feel the craving coming forth. Instead she looked at her friend, both inquisitorially and a bit worryingly. “You know me. I only bite Chudley Cannon and Bulgarian fans.” she said trying to lighten the mood just a bit and put her friend, as well as herself, a bit more at ease.

PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 22 2016, 05:06 PM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

It was weird, the way his stomach was getting all fluttery and nervous. Marc wasn't usually a fluttery, nervous guy. In fact, he was generally the exact opposite: confident to the point of foolishness, at least when it came to social matters. Rejection? Not a thing worth worrying about! And yet, now ... it was weird. It was just weird, because he had no reason to think that Fiona might respond negatively to what he had to say. But the butterflies were there. They were there and they felt highly caffeinated.

He swallowed hard. At least there was lemon cake. "Nah, I mean, I think I'm ready. Or, like ... want to be, or something." He ran a hand through his hair, then glanced around the room, letting his gaze linger on the mantelpiece and the armchairs and the carpet before returning to his friend.

She assured him that they would still be friends, and he smiled before reaching out to squeeze her hand super quickly. "Yeah, I know. It's awesome." And then he full-on belly laughed at her comment about who she bites. "Yeah, screw them, right?" He wasn't quite as bright about Quidditch as Fiona was - her brain was like a sponge for all the facts and stats - so even when he wasn't quite sure, he trusted her opinion.

But, of course, it was obvious to anybody that Chudley sucked dragon balls.

Marc cleared his throat, glancing down at his hands. OK. He could do this and not be super weird about it. He just had to lay it out there. "OK, so ... I think ... or, like, I'm pretty sure that I'm kinda ... um ... kinda gay."

Well, all right! There it was! He glanced up at Fiona, searching her eyes for her response.

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Fiona Cavanagh
 Posted: Jul 27 2016, 12:44 AM
Fiona Cavanagh
Hufflepuff
Single and closeted
Halfblood
15 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Metamorphmagus
Ty

i can't dream alone 

@Liz
Fiona smiled back at Marc as he belly-laughed. For a moment, as he laughed, Marc seemed like he usually did. As if he wasn’t dropping some kind of bomb. Or at least trying to. It certainly lightened up the mood and lessened the feeling of awkwardness. She was glad she could help in whatever small way with whatever Marc was going through. “Who needs ‘em?” Fiona replied with a smirk.

Then the words came from Marc’s mouth. He said it. Fi’s eyes went wide for a moment as she looked at her friend. She had never really suspected he might be gay or anything of the sort. She supposed she might have been a bit too busy staring at girls and fussing about her own sexuality. Then she realized how much time had passed since he had told her. At least a minute. She tried to open her mouth, but it seemed like it was stuck. Could she tell him? He had told her. Was she obligated to? what if she wasn’t ready? But how could she keep it from him when he had told her. Fiona couldn’t help but get a bit flustered. Here he was telling her something so personal, trusting her as a friend and she had the same type of secret and for some reason couldn’t open her own mouth to tell him. Should she even tell him? What if that would ruin this thing for him? It was his big moment thing or whatever?

Fi bit her lip and shook her head a tiny bit. She couldn’t make this about her. She needed to focus on Marc. This was clearly big for him. She didn’t want to give the wrong impression. “Sorry,” she blurted out. “You just caught me off-guard there.” Fi rubbed the back of her neck awkwardly trying to hide her nervousness as well as the fact that she was keeping something from him. “What do you mean by ‘kinda’ though?”

Fiona knew what she was. There was no “kinda” to be found in the equation. She had never looked twice at any guy she had ever met. At least not in that way. She had no romantic interest in them whatsoever. Was he confused over whether he was or not? For a while she had been. She was long past that part though. She had long ago accepted that she was lesbian. That didn’t make telling people any easier. Not that she ever had. One person knew and he figured it out himself. "No matter what, it doesn't change things between us," she assured him. Part of her wanted to tell him she knew how it felt. How confusing it could be. How awkward it could make things. To come out and say it to him too. But she bit her tongue.

PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Jul 29 2016, 02:39 AM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

Oh, shit. At first, Marc was terrified. Fi was just sort of staring at him, silent, and his stomach was starting to churn in a really bad way. What if she was weirded out? What if she was full-on grossed out? What if she didn't want to be friends anymore? They'd been tight for so long, and now this silence was absolutely piercing. What would he do if he lost her friendship? How could he possibly share the Hufflepuff common room, knowing that they'd been so close and they no longer were?

Oh, Merlin, it was horrifying. It was the longest, worst silence on the face of the earth. And then, finally, it ended. His fearful discomfort didn't recede immediately, but it started to fade when Fiona spoke.

Her question was fair enough. "Well," Marc began, swallowing against the nerves that had flared up, "'kinda' because I still think girls are hot. But more and more over the past ... I dunno, six months? ... I've really been figuring out that guys are hot, too. In the same way. ... Well, not the same way. Because guys and girls are pretty different. But they're both really, really hot. ... You know, the hot ones of them, anyway."

Fi assured him that it didn't change anything, but she still seemed ... Marc wasn't sure. He couldn't put his finger on it. He cocked his head to the side, then lowered his gaze to where he was tracing the design on the upholstery with his forefinger. "Look, it's ... OK. If it makes you feel weird, or something. Like ... I get it. But I just wanted you to know."

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Fiona Cavanagh
 Posted: Aug 4 2016, 01:17 PM
Fiona Cavanagh
Hufflepuff
Single and closeted
Halfblood
15 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Metamorphmagus
Ty

i can't dream alone 

@Liz
Fiona sat, quietly listening to her friend talk about his bisexuality. She couldn’t help but shake her head in a bit of frustration when he said you know. “Not particularly,” Fi said before biting her lower lip nervously. She did not at all get or understand how boys were hot in any fashion. She had never really thought of any guy in such a manner. Her hand found the back of her neck again as she averted her eyes from her friend for a moment. It was so awkward. She didn’t know what to say. What to do. She hadn’t prepared for this sort of thing. She wasn’t ready by any stretch of the imagination. She knew that Marc wouldn’t care that she was lesbian. At least, she didn’t think he’d care in a negative way. Yet her mouth felt dry as could be and there was something inside of her that seemed to be choking her tongue as her stomach churned.

Upon his next words, Fiona’s eyes moved back to her friend and her hands shot up defensively as she waved them in front of her a bit. “No, no, no. It’s not like that. Shit. I-I didn’t mean to give that impression. I um just uh-fuck. I just . . . it’s not that. It isn’t you.” Fi said as her face found her left palm. It quickly began moving upward through her now bright red hair. “I wish everything could be as easy as flying.” Fi bit her lip again, keenly aware of her hair turning from her often deep red color to a bright red as if her hair itself was blushing. It was moments like these Fi bemoaned her metamorphmagus powers. She brought her hand down from her hair and placed it on the couch.

“I’m not just saying that . . . I really don’t have an issue with you being bi or anything else for that matter. I just . . . I-I. . . ..” Fiona took a deep breath and bit her lower lip as she stared at her feet. Then her eyes found her friends. She clenched her fists on the couch. “I . . . I just . . . I dunno . . . I’m sorry. I really am. I don’t want to give you the wrong impression. It’s just . . . I . . . I’m . . . ” Fi couldn’t finish what she was saying and her open mouth closed down an her bottom lip, her eyes finding her feet again. Her clenched fists had turned white hot and she felt as if she was going to be sick. "I don't . . . want to make this about me."

PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Aug 10 2016, 02:14 AM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

Marc was pretty confused at this point. Fi's hair color was changing which, of course, happened. Like, it was a thing. In and of itself, it wasn't alarming or weird. But the thing was that he was trying to determine why it was changing. What was the proper interpretation? Most of the time, he didn't try to use her hair as a mood ring. He just wasn't observant enough to figure that shit out. But now, when it was such an important conversation and she seemed so ... flustered ... he found himself tempted to try to do some figuring. Based on the hair color.

Not a smart choice, but Marc wasn't a smart boy.

He gave something of a wry grin when Fi lamented things not being as easy as flying. "Yeah," he agreed. "If only." But he still felt uneasy, especially as she continued to babble, because ... well ... he was sort of starting to have a suspicion. About what her reaction might mean. And how she didn't want to make it about herself. And now he wanted to ask, but he couldn't do that. Like, he wouldn't have wanted someone just to ask him if he was gayish, or bi, or whatever the hell he was.

(Sometimes he thought he might just be overly horny, and that was the end of it.)

"OK," he finally said, his voice uncertain. "I mean ... that's good. And I just ... I'm sorry to ... you know. I dunno. I don't think you're ... making it about yourself. Or whatever. But, like ... if there's something you wanted to say ... you know. You could. Do that. Say ... whatever."

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Fiona Cavanagh
 Posted: Aug 18 2016, 10:59 AM
Fiona Cavanagh
Hufflepuff
Single and closeted
Halfblood
15 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Metamorphmagus
Ty

i can't dream alone 

@Liz
Fiona nodded her head in response to her friend and gave him a small smile. She took a deep breath and then exhaled. She opened her mouth to say something, but ended up lightly biting her lower lip again. Her stomach knotted and her nerves seemed to choking her. “I-I’m sorry, Marc. I . . .,” she trailed off for a moment before taking another deep breath. “I’ve just never really . . . talked about this sort of stuff with anyone before. I’ve never told anyone before.”

Fiona looked at her friend and couldn’t help but feel a bit envious of him. She knew how hard it was to say something like this. Like what he just said. He was able to. He trusted her. He wanted her to know about him and what was going on. She knew how nerve-wracking it was to open yourself to someone, to tell them something so personal. Something that if they wanted to they could really mess you up badly with that knowledge. It was a bond of trust. She trusted Marc. They were friends. Good friends. Teammates. She cared about him a great deal. She knew he wouldn’t reject her because she was lesbian. Yet her throat was stick closed and her face was growing crimson. Fiona took a third deep breath as she tried to calm her nerves and lower her fastened heart rate.

“I . . . I don’t like boys, Marc.” She finally managed to say. “Like, at all. In . . . that way. I never did. I just . . . . . there’s . . . . . there’s nothing there. No spark, no feeling, no emotion. No . . . . . attraction. No . . . anything. I just don’t feel that way about them. Not the way I feel about girls.” Fiona stopped for a moment and looked at her friend. She felt terrified. She didn’t even know how she was saying any of this. It was just spilling out at this point. Her eyes were wide like a dog expecting to be reprimanded. She didn’t know why. She knew Marc wasn’t the type to. And he had just confided in her something similar. “I’m a lesbian.” fiona finished, her heart racing so face she could have sworn it was going to jump out of her chest.

PM
^
Marcus Barrow
 Posted: Sep 11 2016, 03:46 PM
Marcus Barrow
Hufflepuff
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
Liz

Marc was generally oblivious, but even he could tell that this was an incredibly important moment, so he shut himself up and turned to face his friend and looked at her with kind of a small smile on his lips. He didn't think he was supposed to just have neutral face, because then she might feel more nervous, but somehow a huge smile seemed like it would be super rude? So he went for the little partial smile. It was supposed to be encouraging or something.

And he just let her speak and let it all pour out, and he nodded along, and he'd never really figured it out or had any suspicions - because, again, oblivious - but when she said it, he just accepted it. Because why wouldn't he? He'd just told her basically the same thing. Or halfway the same thing, or something. So it was OK.

Finally Fiona finished with that sort of burst-out declaration - "I'm a lesbian" - and Marc just nodded and leaned forward and tugged her into a hug. Because they were tight, and it seemed like a hug would be a good thing in that moment. "I won't tell," he pointed out, and he meant it, because that kind of shit was private and shouldn't be told unless it was by the person who felt it. "You can trust me. Always. You know?"

--------------------
Thread Tracker

user posted image
PM
^
Fiona Cavanagh
 Posted: Sep 15 2016, 10:00 PM
Fiona Cavanagh
Hufflepuff
Single and closeted
Halfblood
15 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Metamorphmagus
Ty

i can't dream alone 

@Liz
For a moment Fiona felt as if she was going to be sick. Her heart was pounding in her chest and her eyes were wide with fear. Her mouth was shut tightly. She felt like if she opened her mouth she might throw up. So when her friend tugged her into a hug, Fi’s body began to tremble. It took her a moment to hug back as all of the anxiety from the lying and secret keeping collapsed. A burden finally being lifted from her shoulders. Her hair turned to a very light shade of blue as she buried her cheek into her friend’s shoulder.

As she trembled Fiona began to realize the tears that had started to roll down her cheeks. She instinctively sucked what she could back in, not quite understanding why she was crying. She never cried. And she wasn’t sad. She was just so . . . relieved. Then her friend spoke and Fi couldn’t help but smile softly.

“Thank you, Marc.” Fiona managed to say. There was a pause before she spoke again. “I. . . I-I don’t think I’m quite ready for everyone to know yet.” She was trembling and tearing up just from telling her close friend! Of course she wasn’t ready to tell everyone or have everyone know. It was personal. It had nothing to do with anyone other than herself and those like Marc that she let through the door. It wasn’t any of there business. But for now . . . she was glad she had a friend like Marc. She had not quite realized just how much of a burden that secret was until she finally bore it. Fi wasn't a very secretive person, she enjoyed being open with people, but . . . this was different than most things.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE