TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

I Like To Think I Can Cheat It All, Hunter VanDerberg|19|Trainee Auror
Hunter VanDerberg
 Posted: May 25 2016, 07:50 PM
Hunter VanDerberg
Auror
Madly in love with Ariel Wilde
Muggleborn
20 YEARS OLD
If I got locked away and we lost it all today, tell me honestly - would you still love me the same? If I showed you my flaws, If I couldn't be strong, tell me honestly - would you still love me the same?
Hunter is a nineteen year old trainee auror. His birthday is on October 24, 2015. He is a Gryffindor alumni, and graduated in the year 2033. He has three siblings - an older brother, Jack, who passed away when Hunter was fifteen, and a set of twin sisters, Gwen and Grace, who are four years younger than him. He was a chaser for his house team in school, and still enjoys flying - though he doesn't have as much of a chance now. Originally from Asch, Netherlands, where his family still lives, Hunter currently leases an apartment in central London.
No Special Abilities
Jett

HUNTER VANDERBERG
Hunter is a nineteen year wizard, who currently works for the Ministry of Magic as a trainee auror. He graduated Hogwarts in 2033, and was a member of Gryffindor house. He was also chaser for his house Quidditch Team, having made the team in second year. Though he appears shallow on the surface, he's a particularly deep person with a complex past. When he began school, he was a forward and outgoing person who was quick to make friends. When Hunter was fifteen, his brother being murdered hardened him considerably.

Now, Hunter is a strange mix of caution and unpredictability - he's incredibly quick on his feet, has a good sense of humor and has no trouble interacting with people - but the majority of the time he has his guard up. He's a very observant, calculated person. While he isn't a saint by any means, the things he does are more or less well intentioned. He's not out to purposely cause anyone harm - he also isn't going to feel entirely terrible about it if it were to happen.
FRIENDS: Hunter is, first and foremost, incredibly well-known. Throughout all of his years at Hogwarts, he was popular for one reason or another. Anyone who went to school with him would most likely know who he is. From first through fourth year, he was an incredibly forward, outgoing person who was basically friends with everybody. After his brother's death, he distanced himself from people, but didn't lose popularity. In the following years, he morphed from the nice popular kid to the arrogant, moody popular kid who always brought the alcohol to the parties. Regardless, people always wanted to be friends with him. It's likely that anyone who went to Hogwarts with Hunter would know him. Anyone can say that they've been to parties with him, hung out with him, or taken alcohol from him at one point or another. It's unlikely that he'd have kept many real friends from school after his brother's death, but I'd like for him to have a few that stuck with him through it. I'd really like him to have a guy friend that he's been close with through school, as right now he's missing that.

Those trying to befriend Hunter now will find that while talking to him is easy, getting close to him is hard. He's very forward and charismatic, and is perfectly confident around people, but he's still an incredibly guarded person. He's also blunt and arrogant, which not everyone can take with a grain of salt. He's the type of person that plenty of people would quickly consider a friend, but he's very slow to consider them a friend. Getting to know who he really is can be a long process.

ENEMIES: While Hunter isn't purposefully a mean person, rudeness is often a byproduct of both his bluntness and his sarcasm. While he doesn't intend to hurt anyone's feelings, he doesn't particularly care if he does, either. His arrogance doesn't help matters. While his friends are used to it, it's likely that plenty of people take offense to both the things Hunter says as well as his attitude. He's an incredibly quick thinker, and has little trouble making others look inept in conversation. Hunter is also likely to have a few leftover enemies from school. Unfortunately, being known as the attractive popular kid that everyone always wants to be around doesn't only get you friends. Hunter was very much a git in school (and still is, to this day), and it wouldn't be at all strange for people to dislike him for it. He also tends to have a violent side, if something happens that causes him to lose control of his emotions. While he has this part of himself mostly in check now, he could have easily gotten into fights in school when he was younger, if he was provoked.

LOVE: Hunter is currently in a relationship with Ariel Wilde, but future relationships are open! Before now, Hunter has had a grand total of two real relationships. He ruined them both because he was a git. It wasn't hard for him to figure out that relationships weren't for him. The first person he slept with was Agnes Beaumont, after his brother died, to take his mind off of everything. Agnes was his gateway drug to - well, the rest of the female population. In his latter years in school, Hunter quickly became that person that everyone wanted to sleep with. He wasn't exactly known for saying no. But truthfully, Hunter wasn't really the type to be involved in a real relationship. Things were much easier when emotions were left out of it. Besides, he wasn't exactly the sort of guy that most girls wanted to take home to their father. He didn't want to be. Literally, any female character around his age can pretty much say that they've hooked up with Hunter at one point or another, within reason. It's likely that he's upset plenty of girls who thought they'd be able to get more from him - but keep in mind that he was never out to lead anyone on, and if he found out someone had real feelings for him, he'd just call it off right away to keep it from escalating.

It wasn't until recently that he found himself in a committed relationship - but when the other person wasn't some random girl at a bar, but someone you'd been best friends with for years, you kind of owed them commitment. Being in a real relationship is something new for Hunter, and he's incredibly concerned about ruining it. It's unlikely that, were it to end, he'd find a way to let anyone else that close to him anytime soon - he'd be far more likely to return to his old ways. It would take a lot for him to actually fall for somebody again.
FAMILY:
Jack VanDerberg - brother (deceased)
Guinevere VanDerberg - sister (15)
Gracelyn VanDerberg - sister (13) - wanted

FRIENDS:
Ariel Wilde - best friend
Aoife O'Donnell - friend
Aeva Riviere - close friend

ENEMIES:
none yet

LOVERS:
Ariel Wilde - girlfriend
Aoife O'Donnell - ex girlfriend
Aeva Riviere - ex long-term fling

OTHERS:
Ariadne O'Rieley - Acquaintence
Oliver Bennett - Acquaintence

19 / AUROR / MUGGLEBORN / GIT
thanks alex
PM
^
Ariel Wilde
 Posted: Jun 9 2016, 09:25 AM
Ariel Wilde
Daily Prophet
Blissfully happy with Hunter VanDerberg
Pureblood
18 YEARS OLD
they say that home is where the heart is. i guess i haven't found my home. and we keep driving round in circles, afraid to call this place our home.
Ariel is probably one of the friendliest people you'll meet. However, the likelihood that you meet her because she pranked you is high. Even after Hogwarts. She grew up in London with her sister, and her parents. Sadly, her father, Jack, died when she was 13. Her dream is to build a workplace for herself, a business that involves pranks, but for now, she works as a photographer in the Daily Prophet.
Metamorphagus/Half Veela
Vilde

Hunter&Ariel
Woooopwooop! Because it has to happen. I'm gonna try to post up some stuff today, but I'm a bit busy as well http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif BUT I'LL TRY. But where do we want it? In London? His place? Maybe they could be checking out apartments, because though the initial idea was for them to live together, I have a feeling Ariel might not be super comfortable with moving in now that they're in a relationship? So she'd probably try to find a small place for herself and wind up never using it xD And when they do break up, a little ways down the road, she moves in? Because that's just how they work? xD WHAT'CHA SAY?
PM
^
Jett
 Posted: Jun 9 2016, 10:00 AM
Jett
Admin
Site Administrator
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
23 YEARS OLD
I'm bleedin out, and if the last thing that I do is bring you down, I'll bleed out for you
I don't know where this is either
I don't even know where this is
Jett

Hunter and Ariel
Oh, the apartment idea is good! After thinking about it, I honestly don't think Hunter would want her to move in with him. Because if you think about it, Ariel's literally the first person he's dating that he actually feels this way about. He's really used to not letting people close to him, and while yes it's ARIEL and she is close to him already, I still think her moving in would definitely be out of his comfort zone, though he'd still be fine with her staying there all the time as long as she had a place of her own. He wouldn't want her to depend on him in that way, though. He's in a weird position for him, because he loves her, and they kind of can just skip the "getting to know you" shit, because it's them, but it's still going to take him some time to actually feel comfortable with dating her, I think. He'll probably hold himself back a lot from her, honestly, because he'll be really worried about overstepping a boundary and also because though he won't admit it, he's slightly bothered by commitment still, I think. That might bother her, because she doesn't normally like when he's not himself because of her, so it might be a way to toss some tension of some sort in there, despite them being happy right now http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

But yes, we can do them moving in together at a different point - although, I have a few ideas that may result in a worse break up in the future, if we feel like ruining their lives and all that shit. So, we should just talk about that later http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif We have a while.

I ALSO WANTED TO ADD that I saw your reply to Aeva's plotter. So, let's cover that here as well http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif Hunter would have told Ariel about Aeva. I don't think he would've like, given her a list of all the girls he's hooked up with or anything, but he definitely would have talked to her about Aeva, mainly because she was recent and a bit longer term AND because he's still friends/coworkers with her. That being said, I feel like Hunter would be REALLY uncomfortable with Ariel actually meeting Aeva. Which means that you guys have to do it http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif Ariel actually becoming friends with Aeva will definitely upset him, because who he was with Aeva is exactly why he felt so torn about being with Ariel in the first place, and he won't want her having anything to do with it. This could definitely lead to a fight between Hunter and Ariel. It could even make things worse for Ariel, because she could easily read it wrong as him trying to keep something about Aeva from her, or something, if you wanted her to. I mean, this wouldn't be a game breaker for them by any means, but it could add a small conflict http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

PMEmail
^
Ariel Wilde
 Posted: Jun 9 2016, 10:48 AM
Ariel Wilde
Daily Prophet
Pureblood
18 YEARS OLD
they say that home is where the heart is. i guess i haven't found my home. and we keep driving round in circles, afraid to call this place our home.
Ariel is probably one of the friendliest people you'll meet. However, the likelihood that you meet her because she pranked you is high. Even after Hogwarts. She grew up in London with her sister, and her parents. Sadly, her father, Jack, died when she was 13. Her dream is to build a workplace for herself, a business that involves pranks, but for now, she works as a photographer in the Daily Prophet.
Metamorphagus/Half Veela
Vilde

Hunter&Ariel
Yes, I think they're both gonna need some time to adjust to the idea that they're actually dating. I'm pretty sure Ariel would be feeling weird, but happy about it. But she would be annoyed with him for bordering on treating her like glass. I'm thinking he's even worse at that now, and that Ariel kinda didn't think it was possible at being worse a it, and it kinda annoys her, but at the same time she can't help but laugh at him for it. And they shall be happy. For now. For a few threads http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

WHY DO WE KEEP TORMENTING THEM Dx oh right... because it's fun. Sorry, just needed a reminder.

Oh, she would be angry at him for trying to meddle with whom she befriends. She might be pissed off at him for that xD And she would be suspicious of him, the harder he tries to keep her away from Aeva. Of course, I haven't actually seen a thread play out between Ariel and Aeva yet, so it might end up DISASTROUS. But I want them to be FRIENDS, dammit. They'll be like Ron and Hermione, won't they... Always those small conflicts. Though in our case, it'll actually escalate and they'll break apart! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/sad.gif
PM
^
Jett
 Posted: Jun 9 2016, 11:05 AM
Jett
Admin
Site Administrator
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
23 YEARS OLD
I'm bleedin out, and if the last thing that I do is bring you down, I'll bleed out for you
I don't know where this is either
I don't even know where this is
Jett

Hunter and Ariel
He'll be normal some of the time. He'll be incredibly worse, though, when it comes to anything romantic or sexual. Because he sees them as on COMPLETELY different planets in that regard. He'll wind up overthinking everything. BUT THEY CAN BE HAPPY FOR MORE THAN A FEW THREADS D: Though you're right, torturing them is what we live for http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

I'm laughing because I'm literally picturing Hunter telling Ariel that she isn't allowed to talk to Aeva, and her response. THAT will be fun http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif Suspicion is good. Drama is good. All that shit. It should blow over though after a bit, and they can go on being happy and whatnot. But yes, it would be entirely boring without all the random conflicts! And anyway, it's not like we ever keep them apart for TOO long, so even when they have terrible fights, it's fine eventually http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

PMEmail
^
Ariel Wilde
 Posted: Jun 9 2016, 03:09 PM
Ariel Wilde
Daily Prophet
Pureblood
18 YEARS OLD
Metamorphagus/Half Veela
Vilde

I MADE THREAD. Let me know if you want me to change anything! http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif

here you go
PM
^
Heather
 Posted: Jul 18 2016, 12:04 PM
Heather
Single
Slytherin
24 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Super Secretary
Heather

Ok ok ok ok ok. So Vy has no idea about personal space and boundaries so I was thinking of hunter was home in his flat one day and (if it's a top floor apartment) he heard banging on the roof getting closer to his balcony and so he gets his wand ready and Vy pops his head down from the roof and shouts "hi hunt-- why are you pointing your wand at me?!" And almost falls off the roof but swings himself down onto the balcony before he falls off the building and bro hang time ensues!!
PM
^
Arcturus Darkbloom
 Posted: Jul 23 2016, 04:39 AM
Arcturus Darkbloom
Ravenclaw
N/A
Half-Blood
17 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
Being a Jerk is his special ability
Artie

Hunter and Arcturus
Artie is gonna eventually get a crush on Ariel (when Vilde finally replies to the thread). When Ariel and Artie spend more time with each other, Artie is going to force a wedge between Ariel and Hunter, because he is jealous at what they have. He is gonna despise Hunter, but will probably be fearful of him, in case he curses Artie or something. It probably won't end well for Artie which will cause him to be jealous of Hunter again.

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE