TOGGLE SIDEBAR
Live the Magic
We are only as strong as we are united

THE INTERNATIONAL STATUTE OF TRANSPARENCY

"On this day, the thirteenth of June of the year two thousand and thirty four, in the spirit of honesty, safety and the equality of all mankind, the magical population and the non-magical population will no longer remain hidden from one another, but will be unified as one. Rather than withholding from one another, we today take a step toward a better future, as the union of two such extraordinary cultures and resources promises a betterment in quality of life for all. This statute applies to every living being that is capable of thinking and reasoning for itself. Either Discrimination or Deceptiveness in respect to the statute are both considered the highest form of noncompliance in all countries involved, and are punishable as treason. Every world leader, both magical and non-magical, have signed this statute in agreement that Transparency between the respective communities of the world is the best path toward knowledge and peace."

Add Reply
New Poll

I Hold With Those Who Favor Fire, Matthew Bennett|16|Slytherin
Matthew Bennett
 Posted: Jun 9 2016, 05:24 PM
Matthew Bennett
Slytherin
In a Relationship with Ariadne O'Rieley
Halfblood
16 YEARS OLD
N/A
N/A
No Special Ability
Jett

MATTHEW BENNETT
Matthew is currently a sixth year at Hogwarts. He's sixteen (turning seventeen in December) and is a part of Slytherin house. A halfblood, he grew up with two wizard parents and a brother two years older than him, Ollie. Matthew's very friendly and helpful, especially compared to most of the people in his house, and he likes to surround himself with people. From a young age, he developed an appreciation for fire, and now prides himself in being able to control it with magic. In other words, yes, he's a bit of a pyromaniac. While he's grown up a lot since he started Hogwarts six years ago, there's still a childlike quality to him that he's determined not to lose.
FRIENDS: Matthew is generally a very friendly, outgoing person. He's comfortable talking to just about anyone, and tends to see no problem with approaching complete strangers and introducing himself. And then rambling on about his day or their shoes or the weather in what most people would consider too many words. Though he can be a bit long winded, Matthew's a genuinely nice person, and he's always happy to help people. He's likely to be friends with anybody who could put up with how talkative he is (as well as his constant pyrotechnics). Though he's calmed down considerably from when he was younger, and is more serious and mature, he's still rather animated in general. He's a very drama-free type of person, and it takes a lot to get him down. He's particularly good at cheering people up when they're upset, and he's equally as likely to make friends with younger students as he still sort of wishes he was a child himself.

ENEMIES: It's slightly unlikely that Matthew would have any real enemies. He isn't the type to hate anyone, unless they've done something really terrible to him or somebody that he's close with. However, though he's toned it down a lot with age, he was incredibly annoying when he was younger. And he tends to say what's on his mind without worrying about whether or not it may offend somebody. So it's possible that people have been irritated or offended by him in the past and kept that opinion of him through the years. If someone were rude to him, he wouldn't be terrible back to them, but he would definitely stop being friendly.

LOVE: Matthew is currently in a relationship with Ariadne O'Rieley, but future relationships are open. They began dating in fifth year. Up until then, Matthew had never had a girlfriend. He'd never wanted one, either. It had taken him a really long time to admit to himself that he had feelings for Ari, once he realized. It's probably not that likely that anyone would have been interested in him romantically before then, because he was extremely childish and a bit awkward, and not at all interested in girls. However, moving into the future, he's done a lot of growing up and it's not unlikely that he'd catch the interest of a couple people. Not a lot of people. Like, one or two. He'd never be the kind of person that all of the girls in the school wanted to be with. After being with Ari, he's broken the ice in that regards and would be open to relationships afterwards, though I never see him as the type to consider having a girlfriend particularly important to him, unless she was someone he really liked.
FAMILY:
Oliver Bennet - Older Brother

FRIENDS:
Duncan Connery - best friend
Astrid Vestergaard - best friend

ENEMIES:
none yet

LOVERS:
Ariadne O'Rieley - long-term girlfriend

OTHERS:
Aoife O'Donnell - Acquaintence
16 / SLYTHERIN / HALF-BLOOD / PYROMANIAC
thanks alex
PM
^
Oliver Bennett
 Posted: Jun 10 2016, 03:49 AM
Oliver Bennett
Ministry
SINGLE
Trainee Unspeakable
19 YEARS OLD
I don't need anything to get me through the night Except the beat that's in my heart
hit me up if you wanna write with me bb
SKY

Oliver & Matthew

*COUGHS LOUDLY*

Oh, glad I have your attention, twin. ANYWAY, YEAH - THE BROTHERS I need them to be NICE to each other, tbh. This still breaks me. I just want a thread, I have no plot in mind. It's almost 3am and this stuff hasn't kicked in so JUST HELP ME OUT and come up with a super cool thread idea for matty and ollie and I'll follow you to the end of the world.

PM
^
Jett
 Posted: Jun 10 2016, 06:50 AM
Jett
Admin
Site Administrator
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
23 YEARS OLD
I'm bleedin out, and if the last thing that I do is bring you down, I'll bleed out for you
I don't know where this is either
I don't even know where this is
Jett

Oliver & Matthew
OLLIE IS DONE?! GOOD JOB!!!!!! Also, were you seriously up until five in the morning last night? D:

ANYWAY. Yeah, I think it's time they become awesome brothers again.. Definitely. I don't think Matthew hates Ollie or anything, I think he's just a little disappointed in the way they've grown apart. So there's a bit of a barrier between them that we need to CRUSH TO THE GROUND! I have a few ideas, but let me think. I'll get a thread up for them in the next day or so when I get a chance http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/biggrin.gif PS: This template you stole from Jahs? Yeah, I made it, Jahs stole it from me http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif So you had every right to use it, since we're twins.

PMEmail
^
Sky
 Posted: Jun 28 2016, 03:38 AM
Sky
OOC
single again and this time I INTEND TO STAY THAT WAY omfg
Glitter
20 YEARS OLD
I'm never what I like, I'm double sided, and I just can't hide, I kind of like it when I make you cry
I am obsessed with Apollo and Artemis. I ADORE THEM. Foxes are my favorite animal, and Autumn is my favorite season. I'm also madly in love with Colin O'Donoghue and Zedd. Pick up lines are amazing, the dorkier the better. I am basically Jackie Burkhart, a beautiful girl with a shrill demanding voice. Pretty hard to ignore.
Loud and Fabulous
Sky

Matthew & Violetta

Excuse me, Sir?

I would like a thread between Matthew and Vi.

They can get along, they can hate each other, Vi can have a huge lesbian crush on Ari and be super jelly of Matthew, or she can have a super ridiculous crush on Matthew and be super annoying to him, or she can actually just dislike him so much that she constantly throws salt at his face.

I am totally kidding.

PERSONALLY, I’d like them to be on good terms because literally none of my characters ever like yours. Up to whatever you want. Show me a whole new world, a new fantastic plot for us, shinnig shimmering splendid.

PMEmail
^
Scotty
 Posted: Jun 28 2016, 11:59 AM
Scotty
OOC
Saving myself for Jake Gyllenhaal
Just straight lean.
19 YEARS OLD
I can hear that purple calling, I can hear the Perkys calling
Probably angry. Probably.
Special Ability: Seething Rage
Scotty

Matthew & Braden

So, after reading through Matthew's sheet a couple of times, and looking through that plotter, I gotta say, he seems like the kind of guy Braden would want to hang out with. Friendly and laid-back, but still ambitious, maybe even cunning. Certainly a personality Braden can appreciate.

If you have any ideas for a thread, that's dope. I'm good with writing whatever!

PM
^
Jett
 Posted: Jun 28 2016, 02:35 PM
Jett
Admin
Site Administrator
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
23 YEARS OLD
I'm bleedin out, and if the last thing that I do is bring you down, I'll bleed out for you
I don't know where this is either
I don't even know where this is
Jett

Matthew & Violetta
Constantly throw salt in his face? D: Like how badly Sinead hated him? Yeah, no. They definitely have to get along. After actually READING Vi's app, they actually definitely would get along. She sounds exactly like someone that Matthew would want to be friends with. I mean, there are the people he just gets along with because he's so amiable, but I feel like Vi is the type of person he'd really like. He'd also probably constantly try to get her to try new things that push her comfort zone - leading up to skydiving http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

So basically, I'd say they're definitely friends. What level of friendship is up to you. It depends on Vi really, because Matthew would probably be as close with her as she'd let him. And being that he's also breaking up with Ari at some point, we could always throw them in some sort of romantic relationship later on if they aren't doing anything else particularly important.

Let me know how close you think they'd be, and I can make a thread.

Matthew & Braden
Yep, Braden is absolutely the sort of person Matthew would be friends with! Matthew might be a little more animated, but their personalities are both laid back that I can't really see them being able to dislike each other. I'm thinking that maybe these two aren't the type of friends that make plans to do things, but more the type to casually bump into each other here and there and wind up spending the entire day together doing something randomly awesome?

I can make a thread for them as well, if you want!

PMEmail
^
Sky
 Posted: Jun 30 2016, 05:43 PM
Sky
OOC
single again and this time I INTEND TO STAY THAT WAY omfg
Glitter
20 YEARS OLD
I'm never what I like, I'm double sided, and I just can't hide, I kind of like it when I make you cry
I am obsessed with Apollo and Artemis. I ADORE THEM. Foxes are my favorite animal, and Autumn is my favorite season. I'm also madly in love with Colin O'Donoghue and Zedd. Pick up lines are amazing, the dorkier the better. I am basically Jackie Burkhart, a beautiful girl with a shrill demanding voice. Pretty hard to ignore.
Loud and Fabulous
Sky

Matthew & Violetta

SKYDIVING, YES. http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

Okay, so I thought about it and I do want them to be close but I don't think they should be best friends. 1) Matthew has too many bffs http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif 2) Vi would be friends with many people that it would be hard for her to focus solely on her friendship with Matthew. However, I do want Matthew to have a better sense of who she is than the rest of them - for example, maybe if Vi’s acting like she doesn't care about something Matthew can be like “Oh, but she does care because it’s Vi and she cares about every little thing” or if she’s awfully quiet he can be like “Oh, fuck she’s stressed - better not talk to her” because he knows she’ll snap? I don't know, you can figure that out if it didn't make sense http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif

And because I told Jo that I would make it weird...I’m not opposed to Vi and Matthew getting together or something at some point, but I think it would be more of an experiment for Vi than anything else http://files.b1.jcink.com/html/emoticons/tongue.gif MAINLY BECAUSE MADNE WILL FOREVER LIVE IN MY HEART but I'm actually open to Vi and Matthew if it gets to that.

PMEmail
^
Liz
 Posted: Jul 1 2016, 06:23 PM
Liz
OOC
Old and married
Muggle (unfortunately)
Just so old (30) YEARS OLD
"Seriously? I turn my back for five seconds and there's a pencil in the ceiling?"
I am a teacher. I have the power of spending all day with 8th-graders and still loving them.
Special Ability: Awkwardness
Liz

OK, so Marc and Matthew are pretty much soul twins, and Casey hates the fact that he has to live with someone who's so annoyingly helpful. It makes it way harder to despise all Hogwarts students when some of them are nice! Geez, Matthew! Why you gotta go doing that?

--------------------
MARC: App | Plotter | Tracker CASEY: App | Plotter | Tracker
CELIA: App | Plotter | Tracker PIETRO: App | Plotter | Tracker
PM
^
Liz
 Posted: Jul 5 2016, 01:11 AM
Liz
OOC
Old and married
Muggle (unfortunately)
Just so old (30) YEARS OLD
"Seriously? I turn my back for five seconds and there's a pencil in the ceiling?"
I am a teacher. I have the power of spending all day with 8th-graders and still loving them.
Special Ability: Awkwardness
Liz

--------------------
MARC: App | Plotter | Tracker CASEY: App | Plotter | Tracker
CELIA: App | Plotter | Tracker PIETRO: App | Plotter | Tracker
PM
^
0 User(s) are reading this topic (0 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Topic Options
Add Reply
New Poll

Our Affiliates
RPG-D LOHT
SKINNED BY 'WHAT KATY DID' AT SHINE